Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone still gaming Cally FT Tour? If not, what kicked it out of the bag?

driver ft tour new driver driver kicked out your bag

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 542

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:32 AM

I'm looking for similar drivers since the FT Tour, so was curious to see if anyone is still using one or what kicked it out of your bag if you used to game it?  I'm gaming a 9.5/ BB 73x right now and it performs very nicely, but I fear the day It wears out. I know I can get back ups, but at some point I'd like to move to something adjustable. Thanks


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 cmusic

cmusic

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30867
  • Joined: 06/05/2007
  • Location:Eastern Kentucky
  • Ebay ID:cmusic3300
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

I'm still using my 10.5° FT Tour as a backup.  I removed the stock SVS6 Voodoo, tipped it 1/2" and re-installed it for a 44-1/2" length.  I've hit some of the best drives of my life so I don't think I will be getting rid of it soon.  I still plan on bringing it out for a few rounds this year.

My current main driver is a 10.5° Callaway Big Bertha 815 DBD with a Fujikura Motore Speeder 661X untipped and cut to 44-3/4".  I really like this driver because it is very similar to the FT Tour in shape and performance.  I'm not going to upgrade to the 816 DBD because there is not enough performance difference between it and the 815 DBD and I prefer the gloss black finish of the 815 over the 816's matt black.
Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/ Aldila Rouge Max 65S
Callaway BB 815 3-wood 14° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 665X
Callaway BB 815 hybrid 18° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 865X
Titleist T-MB 3 & 4 irons w/ DG AMT Tour Issue X100
Titleist 716 CB 5-PW w/ DG AMT Tour Issue X100
Titleist SM6 52.08 and 58.04 w/ DG AMT Tour IssueX100
SC Select Newport 35" w/ Super Stroke Pistol GT
Bushnell Tour X / Garmin G8

2

#3 ppl4golf

ppl4golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275731
  • Joined: 09/12/2013
  • Location:Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

Not FT Tour but FT5 Tour 9.5...

Not good for the ears but the club is a total beast, low spin and very very long.
All LH :

Driver : TM SLDR430 10.5 Fujikura Speeder 65
3-Wood : Callaway FT 15 Neutral Fujikura FitOn 160
3-Hybrid : Adams XTD Dry Proto 21 Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
4-Hybrid : Adams XTD DHy Proto 24 Aldila RIP Tour HYB80
5-PW : Adams XTD Forged Aldila RIP Tour SLT115
Wedges : Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 258.08 58 TT Dynamic Gold
Putter : Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade

3

#4 Jimmie48

Jimmie48

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31778
  • Joined: 06/15/2007
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:18 PM

I have a bunch of FT tours laying around with diamana shafts...maybe I should revive one of them as the tinkerer in me became an animal after clubs came with wrenches...

4

#5 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10374

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

 OrangeGravy, on 17 February 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

I'm looking for similar drivers since the FT Tour, so was curious to see if anyone is still using one or what kicked it out of your bag if you used to game it?  I'm gaming a 9.5/ BB 73x right now and it performs very nicely, but I fear the day It wears out. I know I can get back ups, but at some point I'd like to move to something adjustable. Thanks

Oooo....don't get rid of that! One of my favorite drivers of all time! Once it gives out, just send it back to Cally.

Similar - maybe Mp 650 or JPX 850. I think some of the newer Callaway models are in the same spirit, but with spin models that are fractionally lower.

Mizuno ST-180 10.5/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 60s
Mizuno JPX 900 15/Fujikura Speeder 661s
Mizuno Mp-54 3-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Srixon Z-Star

WITB

5

#6 DickieThon

DickieThon

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193254
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
  • Location:PA
  • Ebay ID:Templeowls555
GolfWRX Likes : 330

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:21 PM

Kept blowing up FT Tour club heads so I went to a 910 D2 and have never looked back

6

#7 Lefty431

Lefty431

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76490
  • Joined: 03/02/2009
  • Location:Tn
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:32 PM

Not ft tour but I just recently put my razr hawk tour in the back up bag for an 815 alpha!  Razr hawk is all longer though!

Edited by Lefty431, 17 February 2016 - 10:32 PM.

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w:  15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid:  19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
or Taylormade gapr lo 2 iron w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
Irons:  Taylormade p790 4-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges:  Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter:  Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

7

#8 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 542

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:38 AM

 cmusic, on 17 February 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

I'm still using my 10.5° FT Tour as a backup.  I removed the stock SVS6 Voodoo, tipped it 1/2" and re-installed it for a 44-1/2" length.  I've hit some of the best drives of my life so I don't think I will be getting rid of it soon.  I still plan on bringing it out for a few rounds this year.

My current main driver is a 10.5° Callaway Big Bertha 815 DBD with a Fujikura Motore Speeder 661X untipped and cut to 44-3/4".  I really like this driver because it is very similar to the FT Tour in shape and performance.  I'm not going to upgrade to the 816 DBD because there is not enough performance difference between it and the 815 DBD and I prefer the gloss black finish of the 815 over the 816's matt black.

Is the 815 DBD similar in spin to the FT Tour? It sounds like it's pretty low spin. I have no problem getting the FT Tour up in the air. It actually could probably be a bit lower ideally, but I haven't had it on a monitor to check. I've been eye balling that DBD

8

#9 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Joined: 06/23/2014
  • Location:Richland, WA
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 542

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:40 AM

 MadGolfer76, on 17 February 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

 OrangeGravy, on 17 February 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

I'm looking for similar drivers since the FT Tour, so was curious to see if anyone is still using one or what kicked it out of your bag if you used to game it?  I'm gaming a 9.5/ BB 73x right now and it performs very nicely, but I fear the day It wears out. I know I can get back ups, but at some point I'd like to move to something adjustable. Thanks

Oooo....don't get rid of that! One of my favorite drivers of all time! Once it gives out, just send it back to Cally.

Similar - maybe Mp 650 or JPX 850. I think some of the newer Callaway models are in the same spirit, but with spin models that are fractionally lower.

I'm not sure They would take it back as I bought it off the Bay for $35!

9

#10 Fubuman

Fubuman

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396626
  • Joined: 09/20/2015
  • Location:South Africa
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 217

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:41 AM

I played two FTTour drivers, very long but I was not consistent with finding the fairway, I kinda found the shape of the FTiz tour interesting and decided to give it a go, what a blessing it has been to me, I have not hit the ball better with any other driver, I have my FTiz tour in the I-mix head with two shafts, Fubuki Tour 63x & a Diamana WB 63x. I love the high ball flight of the fubuki but play the WB in windy conditions, both are super long & fairway finders. This driver did not get lots of love because of the shape I guess but man it is a monster! I have not missed my FT tour at all.

XR16-Pro 9+1 Matrix White Tie 7x3
3w DBD16 14* Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75
Hybrid 815 Alpha 20 Fubuki 400h
XR-Pro 4-PW / C-Taper lite
MD Forged 52 TT DG s200
MD Forged 56 TT DG s200
MD PM Grind 60
Odyssey Pro Type Black no.2 / Odyssey Metal X milled Rossie  
Callaway Chrome Soft X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 cmusic

cmusic

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30867
  • Joined: 06/05/2007
  • Location:Eastern Kentucky
  • Ebay ID:cmusic3300
GolfWRX Likes : 160

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

 OrangeGravy, on 18 February 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

 cmusic, on 17 February 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

I'm still using my 10.5° FT Tour as a backup.  I removed the stock SVS6 Voodoo, tipped it 1/2" and re-installed it for a 44-1/2" length.  I've hit some of the best drives of my life so I don't think I will be getting rid of it soon.  I still plan on bringing it out for a few rounds this year.

My current main driver is a 10.5° Callaway Big Bertha 815 DBD with a Fujikura Motore Speeder 661X untipped and cut to 44-3/4".  I really like this driver because it is very similar to the FT Tour in shape and performance.  I'm not going to upgrade to the 816 DBD because there is not enough performance difference between it and the 815 DBD and I prefer the gloss black finish of the 815 over the 816's matt black.

Is the 815 DBD similar in spin to the FT Tour? It sounds like it's pretty low spin. I have no problem getting the FT Tour up in the air. It actually could probably be a bit lower ideally, but I haven't had it on a monitor to check. I've been eye balling that DBD

I have not had either driver on a LM but going by actual on course use, I would say the spin is similar between the FT Tour and the DBD.  The 815 DBD has one weight port in the center of the club that allows the center of gravity to be raised or lowered, and that has an effect on spin.  In my 815 DBD I use the weight up.  I had the 2014 Big Bertha Alpha with a similar weight port and I had better success with the weight down in it.  There is no absolute right way to position the weight.  Each player will have to use the weight configuration that fits them the best. The 816 DBD has two weight ports on the heel and toe that allow more left and right ball flight.
Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/ Aldila Rouge Max 65S
Callaway BB 815 3-wood 14° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 665X
Callaway BB 815 hybrid 18° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 865X
Titleist T-MB 3 & 4 irons w/ DG AMT Tour Issue X100
Titleist 716 CB 5-PW w/ DG AMT Tour Issue X100
Titleist SM6 52.08 and 58.04 w/ DG AMT Tour IssueX100
SC Select Newport 35" w/ Super Stroke Pistol GT
Bushnell Tour X / Garmin G8

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors