Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Most embarrassing shot you ever hit....

126 replies to this topic

#121 mshills

mshills

Consistently inconsistent.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 894

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:52 AM

I've got two.

First was popping up a drive on #1.  Not the worst thing in the world, except that it landed in the middle of the jam-packed practice green.  Oops.

Second was during a practice session at a very large range with two hitting areas arranged in a very wide "V".  I was nearly on the left-most edge, hit the worst shank of my life, hollered "FOOOOOORE!!!!" and saw three people on the opposite part of the "V" belly flop and hit the deck like they were in basic training.

It's never good when you have to yell FORE at the driving range :D.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg, Fubuki ZT60
TEE CB2 15 deg, Motore
Ping Rapture 18 deg hybrid
Ping G10 4i-UW
Scor 53 and 57 deg
Cleveland Almost Belly putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#122 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 25,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 12233

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

None of my shots are embarrassing...they are simply learning experiences. :-)
Callaway GBB Epic 11º / Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 40 R
Callaway GBB Epic 16º / 20º / 24º Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 50 S

Callaway CF16 / 6--AW / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway 54/10 MD Forged / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway 58/10 MD PM / UST Recoil ES 460 F4

Callaway 62/12 MD PM / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway Odyssey Versa Tank 1W

#123 sprcoop

sprcoop

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114540
  • Handicap:17.7
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

View Postrobrey85, on 18 August 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

A week and a half ago I was out in Plantation, Florida hanging out with my wife for business. I decided to go play some golf and on the second hole, I sliced my tee shot into some trees and luckily, I found it. Unfortunately, I had to punch out back into the fairway. Welp, due to my lack of FL experience, I was short of the fairway on my pitch out and my ball sat down in the rough with the ball below my feet.

During this time, it was CP only and I didn't want to walk all the way back to my cart because it was deathly hot and humid. It was so much so that I literally, and cannot stress this enough, felt like I was playing golf in a sauna that morning.

Anyway, so I had an 8iron in hand and I had to make it work for a 127 yard shot (normally my 165 yard club, give or take) where I had to fly it over a bunker in front of the green and a pond/lake in front of the bunker. I picked a cut shot and set up for it and pulled the trigger. I completely topped the ball to where it came out of the rough, straight up at me and hit my in the head and went back down into the rough.

I was COMPLETELY bamboozled and couldn't believe that just happened.

I ended up making a double on that hole after hitting my second shot to the back of the fringe with the same club and two putting from there. It was a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least and definitely, my most embarrassing shot I've ever not hit.

I think it was one more stroke embarrassing than you thought unless it was a PAR 5.

Sliced Tee 1
Failed punch out 2
Topped approach 3
Nailed in noggin with own shot penalty (proverbial insult to injury) 4
Approach 5
Two putt 6 and 7

Did I get that right?

#124 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

Playing in the city championship (one of the few 54+ hole stroke play events I play in regularly) right after I graduated from college. We are talking the peak of my golf game... I was regularly shooting below 70. I step on the 10th tee (my first hole)... Short-ish par 4 with a severe dog-leg at about 215. I usually try to hit driver off the tee as I have tons of confidence with it... Well there's no way I can hit driver so I pull a 5 wood as no matter how i hit it I'll be okay and at really shouldn't make worse than par. Well I get up there and completely top the ball--I'm talking almost wiffed. It went about 6 feet in front of me into thick rough. there were about 15 of the best golfers in the area standing there waiting to tee off...... I ended up making double bogey after hacking out a 6 iron that was too far back to go for the green on my third.

#125 FrankfurtDave

FrankfurtDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147845
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:30 AM

Our 7th is a dogleft left with low trees that can be cleared allowing you to cut the corner if you are long enough.

Well last week I hit my tee shot a tad low and it hit one the trees about 30m in front of me bang in the middle from which it proceeded to fly about 20 metres behind me into a greenside bunker on 6.

Naturally, this was whilst the flight behind were walking up to the green causing hysterics all round.

I would like to say I hit a magnificent bunker shot and managed to save par but I think we all know what I did rushing my 2nd shot from the bunker.

#126 dunz

dunz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467090
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Unfortunately, it's been a long time since my last round of golf. But I thought I'd share a time that came to mind when I was at the practice range.

It was about 15 years ago. Me, my brother, and buddy were at the practice range. We paid for our tokens so we could dispense a large bucket of balls. I ended up not paying attention and forgot to place a bucket under the ball dispenser. So when I fed my coins into the machine 100 golf balls went spewing EVERYWHERE! They were rolling into peoples hitting areas, distracting them from their swings. Talk about total embarrassment. I sheepishly attempted to pick up all the balls. It didn't end there.

After all that drama, and I finally had my bucket, we went to the upper deck (2-tier practice range) and that's when the mayhem ensued. Me being the macho teenager I was, thought I could cruise my drives over the back net (230 yards). I was about 10-15 balls in when I reared back and gave a huge "UUMMMPPHHHH!" into my swing, only to hit the ball at the end of the driver head, sending the ball directly into the aluminum divider separating mine and the person beside me's hitting lane. The ball ricocheted off the divider, hit my bucket of balls, knocked them over, spewing them all over my lane with about 30-40 balls rolling off the deck down to the tier below us. There was a mix of laughter and "What the H&#@ are you doing up there!!!?!?" The neighboring people picked up their clubs and moved down to the opposite end of the tier, away from me.

I honestly don't think I've been back to that same range ever since that debacle.

Edited by dunz, 20 June 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#127 bobfoster

bobfoster

Best Sport on Earth. Ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104921
GolfWRX Likes : 279

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

One of my favorite courses. Teeing off from the blues on 1, smashed it into the red tee ball (breaking it). and then ricocheted into the clubhouse window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors