Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 19 votes

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

PGA Tour Mini Tour Web.com Tour PGA Canada Tour Golf Pro

1931 replies to this topic

#1921 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464568
  • Joined: 04/22/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 669

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

GL at Mission. There's a few guys from my club in the field as well.

If you have time and want to play Bay Hill let me know.

Long Live Nike

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#1922 GolfingBro

GolfingBro

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411842
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
  • Location:A Hotel Somewhere at a Pro Golf Tournament
GolfWRX Likes : 1031

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 03 January 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

GL at Mission. There's a few guys from my club in the field as well.

If you have time and want to play Bay Hill let me know.

Thanks!  I'd love to get out there to possibly practice this upcoming Saturday.  If thats possibly lets private message and we can exchange details.

2

#1923 GolfingBro

GolfingBro

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411842
  • Joined: 02/11/2016
  • Location:A Hotel Somewhere at a Pro Golf Tournament
GolfWRX Likes : 1031

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

View Postpaint94979, on 03 January 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

View PostGolfingBro, on 02 January 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Happy New Years everyone.  Hope all of your 2019 is great.

Mine got off to a great start.  Played a new years skins game at a beautiful course called Baylands Golf Links in Palo Alto CA.  50 guys played at 40 bucks, so it was a huge skins purse.  I had 7 birdies on the day coming into the par 5 18th and then dropped a 40 footer for eagle.  There were 5 skins on the day and my eagle was one of them.  Got a nice wad of cash of over 300 dollars.

How was your New Years Day?  Because mine was pretty darn fun.  

Hope all you followers keep track of my results down in Florida next week.  I head to Orlando this Friday for PGA Latin America Q School.  Should be good weather, fun course and good competition.  I am looking forward to it.  If you guys can't find the link to the results I can post it on here.  Just let me know.  Happy 2019.

Since youre so close Stone Tree in Novato does $100 buy skins games every so often. We usually get 30-40 guys. Alex Franklin is usually there and sometimes another ex PGA pro from the area

Alex Franklin is a good guy.  Never played Stone Tree but I've heard its good.  Skins games are fun and if the course is right they can be a decent moneymaker.

3

#1924 carrera

carrera

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139
  • Joined: 04/21/2005
  • Location:Northern California
GolfWRX Likes : 371

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

Solid start for Matt today:  https://www.pgatour.com/la/en/tournaments/ptla-qualifying-tournament-usa/leaderboard.html

4

#1925 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 471

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:05 AM

View Postcarrera, on 09 January 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

Solid start for Matt today:  https://www.pgatour.com/la/en/tournaments/ptla-qualifying-tournament-usa/leaderboard.html

Thanks for the link!

Top 35 gets some status, I think.


5

#1926 agatha

agatha

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
  • Joined: 04/13/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 1416

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Hi all,

Both myself and Matthew's gf are here to support and watch.   Course is tough, a good comparison would be spyglass hill in pebble if you know it.  The bogies at the end of round were due to speed of greens and not getting them correctly, they slowed quite a bit late in the day.  It actually happened to all 3 of the guys in our group.  One of them 4 putted hole 17..
Anyway, its a course with lots of water hazards and uneven lies.  Only one of the par 5's would be considered "easy"..  On hole 17 unless you can land it in an area of about 4 yards square you have no opportunity to reach in 2.  Matthew played late yesterday and he tees off in about an hour this am.  
On a side note I only found 1 tiny alligator which was disappointing and he/she was only about 2 feet long.  Lots of turtles however.  

Regarding cards, winner is fully exempt, places 2-15 get 1/2 season guaranteed, places 16-35 conditional status.  
Send good thoughts today..  Off to cheer..  :)

6

#1927 nikegal

nikegal

    Golf...A Club, A Ball, A Divot, Ball Flight & A Target.....

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414844
  • Joined: 03/08/2016
  • Location:I'm a Yunzer
  • Handicap::-)
GolfWRX Likes : 2994

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

Hi Aggs😊 Please give Matthew our Best!! Fondly, Madison

7

#1928 GolfChannel

GolfChannel

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25488
  • Joined: 02/13/2007
  • Location:Orlando, Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 291

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

So, is the tournament just on El Campeón or both Mission Inn courses?
Driver: Who needs that kind of negativity in their life...
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3
Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Nippon Modus 120
Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 & Honma TFW 62 Degree Forged
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Taylormade TPx5

8

#1929 agatha

agatha

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
  • Joined: 04/13/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 1416

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:44 PM

View PostGolfChannel, on 10 January 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

So, is the tournament just on El Campeón or both Mission Inn courses?

Just El Campeon,   well so far its been a few days of what I might call "no breaks" golf.  The good bounces the good lies etc..  Its unfortunate because even today with a 2 over he said he felt like he was playing well and just not getting the results.  I would agree.   One more round tomorrow and I believe he will have a shot at conditional status but  not sure yet.

9

#1930 jdl

jdl

    Masshole

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 272218
  • Joined: 08/22/2013
  • Location:Mass
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 810

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

Nice round today!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#1931 agatha

agatha

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
  • Joined: 04/13/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 1416

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

I have to share with you all what happened today.  Matthew was playing great, he was -4 thru 10 holes and even if he got himself into some trouble he was able to save par.  He had a few long 2 putts he had to make that made me nervous but his putting was "on" today.   So imagine he knows he needs to be at -4 to get status and he has 2 holes to play.  He is facing the hardest playing hole this week, (hole 8, up to down par 3, island green, lots of water and its windy.   And there is a delay because we caught the leader group.   Finally Matthew is up and he does his routine and is in his swing when some yahoo whistles (SUPER LOUD) and of course it messed him up bad..  He flew over the green into a patch of camellia plants with absolutely not shot to the green whatsoever.   I was PISSED.. I was, I know it wasn't on purpose but when you are having a great round and the result is so crucial and that happens, man was I upset.   Matthew was calm and merely said "this is just typical for how this week has gone for me"  just very matter of fact.  I was impressed, He was not feeling sorry for himself or mad or sulking, just trying to figure out what to do next.   He managed to smash it out into a green side bunker which was a miracle in and of itself and then got up and down to save bogey.  But that stroke cost him because he missed conditional status by one stroke.  I felt he deserved to hole out for eagle on last hole but that wasn't meant to be.   Im not going to lie both his dad and I felt nervous about him going to LA anyway so that's good I guess.   My thought all along is he should go back to Canada, he played 3 seasons there and had success so it makes sense to me to go for that route.   I told him I would pay the q school fee (he has not asked me for any money and doesn't want to but I insist)..  

So I believe he will be going for it, he needs to go to q school for that and sign ups are in 3 days.  It will be in March.    He is headed to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow after dropping me at airport to do 2 web.com qualifiers, long shot odds though only 2 spots for at each course with a max of 120 at each site.

Lastly we had a fun and great conversation with Gary Gilchrist.  His academy is on site at this course and we popped over there to check it out and he recognized Matthew and we had a great chat.  When Matthew was a senior in hs they opened a small satellite academy near our home and Matthew was given a scholarship to train there his senior year.   Anyway that was a fun perk, seeing him.

11

#1932 Aaronwilson_95

Aaronwilson_95

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442640
  • Joined: 10/06/2016
  • Ebay ID:Aronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 425

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

View Postagatha, on 11 January 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

I have to share with you all what happened today.  Matthew was playing great, he was -4 thru 10 holes and even if he got himself into some trouble he was able to save par.  He had a few long 2 putts he had to make that made me nervous but his putting was "on" today.   So imagine he knows he needs to be at -4 to get status and he has 2 holes to play.  He is facing the hardest playing hole this week, (hole 8, up to down par 3, island green, lots of water and its windy.   And there is a delay because we caught the leader group.   Finally Matthew is up and he does his routine and is in his swing when some yahoo whistles (SUPER LOUD) and of course it messed him up bad..  He flew over the green into a patch of camellia plants with absolutely not shot to the green whatsoever.   I was PISSED.. I was, I know it wasn't on purpose but when you are having a great round and the result is so crucial and that happens, man was I upset.   Matthew was calm and merely said "this is just typical for how this week has gone for me"  just very matter of fact.  I was impressed, He was not feeling sorry for himself or mad or sulking, just trying to figure out what to do next.   He managed to smash it out into a green side bunker which was a miracle in and of itself and then got up and down to save bogey.  But that stroke cost him because he missed conditional status by one stroke.  I felt he deserved to hole out for eagle on last hole but that wasn't meant to be.   Im not going to lie both his dad and I felt nervous about him going to LA anyway so that's good I guess.   My thought all along is he should go back to Canada, he played 3 seasons there and had success so it makes sense to me to go for that route.   I told him I would pay the q school fee (he has not asked me for any money and doesn't want to but I insist)..  

So I believe he will be going for it, he needs to go to q school for that and sign ups are in 3 days.  It will be in March.    He is headed to Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow after dropping me at airport to do 2 web.com qualifiers, long shot odds though only 2 spots for at each course with a max of 120 at each site.

Lastly we had a fun and great conversation with Gary Gilchrist.  His academy is on site at this course and we popped over there to check it out and he recognized Matthew and we had a great chat.  When Matthew was a senior in hs they opened a small satellite academy near our home and Matthew was given a scholarship to train there his senior year.   Anyway that was a fun perk, seeing him.
Luckily the last few years the number was about 65-66-67 I think for those qualifiers.

Even worse is the 2 spot qualifier for the Puerto Rico event in Florida , thatís actually Monday of the PR event but the qualifier is in Florida ....

12



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors