Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 19 votes

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

PGA Tour Mini Tour Web.com Tour PGA Canada Tour Golf Pro

1838 replies to this topic

#1831 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 5977

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

View PostMoneyPlayer33, on 15 May 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I guess what i mean is lets say u start season with no status then after  a hot stretch yur top 50 on money list will that get u some starts ??

No.  Exception is PGA Tour Canada and Latin America.  To earn “special temporary membership” you have to earn what 125 did on last years Fed Ex cup on the PGA Tour or what 100th (or maybe 75 now) did on the Web.com Tour the previous year

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#1832 MoneyPlayer33

MoneyPlayer33

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 358477
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 127

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 15 May 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostMoneyPlayer33, on 15 May 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I guess what i mean is lets say u start season with no status then after  a hot stretch yur top 50 on money list will that get u some starts ??

No.  Exception is PGA Tour Canada and Latin America.  To earn “special temporary membership” you have to earn what 125 did on last years Fed Ex cup on the PGA Tour or what 100th (or maybe 75 now) did on the Web.com Tour the previous year

Wow thats tough to do then if u start with no status
Thanks for the info

#1833 GolfingBro

GolfingBro

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411842
GolfWRX Likes : 940

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

View PostHoosierMizuno, on 15 May 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

what do you look for in a course in hopes it will fit your game? experience from having played the course? prefer a longer setup? tighter setup? do you look at the potential field? do you prefer tougher or milder conditions?

just curious if you had a perfect scenario in course and weather setup what you would choose

Thats an interesting question.  I've won and performed well on all types of courses.   My favorites are courses that demand good second shots and narrow off the tee.  I don't look at the fields too much in any event because golf is the way it is and anyone can win at any point.  Experience on a course plays a big role as well.  The more tournament rounds I have somewhere the more times I will have a certain putt or shot.  I have played well in tough and mild conditions but specifically for Monday qualifiers and 36 hole qualifiers I prefer a course where anything under par is rewarding.  I always say a shootout is tough because 6 under at any course is really good.  

Perfect courses for me: ball striker courses with very firm greens (make you think about where to land the ball)  

I have had good results on all sorts of courses which is good to see because that means my game can translate over to any style.  Some guys only play well on short soft golf courses.

#1834 GolfingBro

GolfingBro

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

View PostMoneyPlayer33, on 15 May 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Didnt read this whole thread ( yet )

But here is a question i have . Lets say a non exempt player gets in a tourney plays well earns a top 10 and then follows that up the next week another  with a top 10 . Week 3 makes cut but dosent crack top 10

Would He have any statuts on the tour. Now because of his spot on the money list?? (Please expand same wuestion for tour and lpga if possible ?

Your questions was answered by someone else.  PGA Tour the non card holder section is much more challenging.  The PGA Canada for example is not as bad since they take the top 1 or 2 non card holders after the reshuffle into the next events.  Its crazy how many categories there are for a single tournament.

#1835 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
GolfWRX Likes : 3390

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

But here is a question i have . Lets say a non exempt player gets in a tourney plays well earns a top 10 and then follows that up the next week another  with a top 10 . Week 3 makes cut but dosent crack top 10

Would He have any statuts on the tour. Now because of his spot on the money list?? (Please expand same wuestion for tour and lpga if possible ?

Dont you have to be a Tour member to earn an invite to the next week’s tournament even if you crack the top-10?

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

#1836 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 5977

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:37 AM

View PostHoly Moses, on 16 May 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

Dont you have to be a Tour member to earn an invite to the next week’s tournament even if you crack the top-10?

No

#1837 GolfingBro

GolfingBro

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hey guys my website has been updated with a Surf and Turf Golf Link. (under the sponsors tab).  I would go check that out and pick up some of there stuff using that code.  My results and event schedule is there as well.

http://www.matthansengolf.com

Edited by GolfingBro, 16 May 2018 - 01:35 PM.

#1838 jim rockford

jim rockford

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132362
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:57 PM

grunching here as i haven't read much of thread, but i will.

i am caddying for vancouver event on canadian tour.... i already made this offer to someone else but if you need a caddy for monday qualifying, i'd be happy to and i will do it for free.

i saw a UC-Davis player win the pacific amateur at capilano in vancouver.. pretty sure it wasn't you. but he had a UC-Davis buddy with him. i think his name was tyler and i think his buddy was his brother but maybe not.

#1839 agatha

agatha

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
GolfWRX Likes : 1387

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:12 AM

View Postjim rockford, on 21 May 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

grunching here as i haven't read much of thread, but i will.

i am caddying for vancouver event on canadian tour.... i already made this offer to someone else but if you need a caddy for monday qualifying, i'd be happy to and i will do it for free.

i saw a UC-Davis player win the pacific amateur at capilano in vancouver.. pretty sure it wasn't you. but he had a UC-Davis buddy with him. i think his name was tyler and i think his buddy was his brother but maybe not.

Sorry to chime in for him, he's sleeping, a tournament starts tomorrow here in Scottsdale AZ (I am here to watch) ..
He is not playing in Canada this summer.  He felt he needed a change so he revamped his whole spring summer plan.  Very kind of you to offer however.  Yes that was Tyler Raber who won the Pac Coast in Vancouver and his brother was on his bag.  One of our Aggie Family will be there however, Ben Corfee, it will be his first year.  Scott Morgan is going to be on his bag for Vancouver.. (Scott was on Matthew's past 2 years, super good guy)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 1 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors