Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 15 votes

300_yard_drives Journey in Asia


319 replies to this topic

#61 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Singapore
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

Back again - long day in the office! T15 - looking good!

Reading about your caddy woes, would you be open to me offering to caddy for you on Friday? (I can't do Thursday or Saturday sadly, else I would)

No need to pay me, and I can pick you up/drop you off as I think you are staying between my apartment and Raffles. I will even buy you a beer or 100 plus after the game if you want, and I promise not to talk about the Ryder Cup :)

No offense if you have some one else lined up, but I'm not a bad looper....just let me know so I can book a day off at work.

Titleist 913D3 w/Fubuki K 60S
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik regular shaft
TaylorMade R9 5 wood, Motore 70 regular
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees Stiff RedTie
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostBingo1976, on 20 January 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Back again - long day in the office! T15 - looking good!

Reading about your caddy woes, would you be open to me offering to caddy for you on Friday? (I can't do Thursday or Saturday sadly, else I would)

No need to pay me, and I can pick you up/drop you off as I think you are staying between my apartment and Raffles. I will even buy you a beer or 100 plus after the game if you want, and I promise not to talk about the Ryder Cup :)

No offense if you have some one else lined up, but I'm not a bad looper....just let me know so I can book a day off at work.
Yes please caddy for me Friday! I would love it! I need to make the cut first, but if I do I would love you to caddy.

2

#63 dmac4g

dmac4g

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16945
  • Joined: 07/25/2006
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 413

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:55 AM

Good luck in your next round!  Keep up the good play, we are all pulling for you!

3

#64 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Singapore
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Yes please caddy for me Friday! I would love it! I need to make the cut first, but if I do I would love you to caddy.

Deal. Concentrate on tomorrow, and I will check the ADT website to see if you made the cut, and we can chat tomorrow evening. Seeing that you have an afternoon tee time on Thursday, hopefully the monsoon thunderstorms stay away long enough to get you through Round 2 - I never know why they try and play golf out here in Jan/Feb, the rainfall is pretty high, with a lot of electrical activity (although that is pretty much the weather all year round!)
Titleist 913D3 w/Fubuki K 60S
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik regular shaft
TaylorMade R9 5 wood, Motore 70 regular
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees Stiff RedTie
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

4

#65 StezzGolfer

StezzGolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310427
  • Joined: 04/22/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 487

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

subscribed! good luck dude.

and good on you bingo, helping him out.

again, best of luck

Cobra Bio Cell ADBB
20.25* 915H Diamana D+
Mizuno 850 Forged 4-Gap C Taper
Vokey 54.10 / 58.09
Byron Morgan DH89

5

#66 hebsan

hebsan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103660
  • Joined: 02/19/2010
  • Location:Mililani, HI
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

View PostSira, on 16 January 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

I wish your mom a quick recovery!

If i get a chance to watch an Asian Tour event in Thailand live, now i have another guy to root for (quite a drive from Bangkok to the events tho).  I have played the courses they used for AT Q-School, and those are tricky iirc.
And a late welcome to Thailand, the country is a little rough around the edges, but we managed to produce guys like Prayad, Thongchai and Kiradech who can contend anywhere.

Don't forget all the LPGA'ers that Thailand has on tour right now with more on the way.

6

#67 NCHACK85

NCHACK85

    Dropping Putts and Hitting Darts

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340841
  • Joined: 09/21/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:Beer
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

Good luck bro! If I was single, I would definitely help you out caddying for you.

7

#68 NCHACK85

NCHACK85

    Dropping Putts and Hitting Darts

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340841
  • Joined: 09/21/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:Beer
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

I would check into what GolfWRX has as an Audience in Asia. If they do, wear their logo on the collar or something. Won't be much, but could help but food on the table or help with the AirBnB thing.  And are you the secret Touring Pro that I've been hearing about?

8

#69 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostNCHACK85, on 20 January 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

I would check into what GolfWRX has as an Audience in Asia. If they do, wear their logo on the collar or something. Won't be much, but could help but food on the table or help with the AirBnB thing.  And are you the secret Touring Pro that I've been hearing about?
I definitely would not turn down any help I could get, and I think it would be cool to rock a golfwrx logo. As for the secret touring pro, definitely not me.

9

#70 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1327

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostBingo1976, on 20 January 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Back again - long day in the office! T15 - looking good!

Reading about your caddy woes, would you be open to me offering to caddy for you on Friday? (I can't do Thursday or Saturday sadly, else I would)

No need to pay me, and I can pick you up/drop you off as I think you are staying between my apartment and Raffles. I will even buy you a beer or 100 plus after the game if you want, and I promise not to talk about the Ryder Cup :)

No offense if you have some one else lined up, but I'm not a bad looper....just let me know so I can book a day off at work.
Yes please caddy for me Friday! I would love it! I need to make the cut first, but if I do I would love you to caddy.

Just think, you could have a 100 beers waiting for you.  Good luck out there.  I'm sure you will make the cut.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 jsp4433

jsp4433

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 237185
  • Joined: 03/13/2013
  • Location:Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:jsp3316
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

What is the cut on the ADT?

11

#72 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Singapore
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

View Postkekoa, on 20 January 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

View PostBingo1976, on 20 January 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Back again - long day in the office! T15 - looking good!

Reading about your caddy woes, would you be open to me offering to caddy for you on Friday? (I can't do Thursday or Saturday sadly, else I would)

No need to pay me, and I can pick you up/drop you off as I think you are staying between my apartment and Raffles. I will even buy you a beer or 100 plus after the game if you want, and I promise not to talk about the Ryder Cup :)

No offense if you have some one else lined up, but I'm not a bad looper....just let me know so I can book a day off at work.
Yes please caddy for me Friday! I would love it! I need to make the cut first, but if I do I would love you to caddy.

Just think, you could have a 100 beers waiting for you.  Good luck out there.  I'm sure you will make the cut.

100 Plus is a local fizzy sports drink - but I can see how that read! Don't worry 300, I won't get you wasted!
Titleist 913D3 w/Fubuki K 60S
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik regular shaft
TaylorMade R9 5 wood, Motore 70 regular
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees Stiff RedTie
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

12

#73 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

View Postjsp4433, on 20 January 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

What is the cut on the ADT?
Top 50 and ties. This is one of strongest fields they get all season. The tournament officials who I am trying becoming close with (maybe favorable pairings and tee times in my future) were saying this is almost like a regular small field Asian tour event. Multiple full time Asian tour players are in the field this week and I believe a couple guys who had their PGA tour cards at one point.

13

#74 2bGood

2bGood

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91033
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Rock Star From Mars
  • Handicap:3-8
GolfWRX Likes : 2572

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

How long to tee off?

14

#75 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

View Post2bGood, on 20 January 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

How long to tee off?
I am scheduled to tee off in over 4 hours assuming no afternoon lightning before I tee off. Everyday there has been rain and lightning near the course.


15

#76 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Singapore
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postjsp4433, on 20 January 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

What is the cut on the ADT?
Top 50 and ties. This is one of strongest fields they get all season. The tournament officials who I am trying becoming close with (maybe favorable pairings and tee times in my future) were saying this is almost like a regular small field Asian tour event. Multiple full time Asian tour players are in the field this week and I believe a couple guys who had their PGA tour cards at one point.

Looking at the entry list, I can recognize a couple of names:

Daniel Chopra (PGA Tour wins - 2)
Anthony Kang (Rtd this event, but has won once on the ET and twice on the AT)

http://asiandevelopm...ts/528/entries/
Titleist 913D3 w/Fubuki K 60S
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik regular shaft
TaylorMade R9 5 wood, Motore 70 regular
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees Stiff RedTie
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

16

#77 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

View PostBingo1976, on 20 January 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postjsp4433, on 20 January 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

What is the cut on the ADT?
Top 50 and ties. This is one of strongest fields they get all season. The tournament officials who I am trying becoming close with (maybe favorable pairings and tee times in my future) were saying this is almost like a regular small field Asian tour event. Multiple full time Asian tour players are in the field this week and I believe a couple guys who had their PGA tour cards at one point.

Looking at the entry list, I can recognize a couple of names:

Daniel Chopra (PGA Tour wins - 2)
Anthony Kang (Rtd this event, but has won once on the ET and twice on the AT)

http://asiandevelopm...ts/528/entries/
Berry Henson has won on Asian tour and Tom Johnson had his PGA tour card. That's just of the few people I know.

17

#78 Sira

Sira

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310331
  • Joined: 04/22/2014
  • Location:Bangkok, Thailand
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:31 PM

View Posthebsan, on 20 January 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

View PostSira, on 16 January 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

I wish your mom a quick recovery!

If i get a chance to watch an Asian Tour event in Thailand live, now i have another guy to root for (quite a drive from Bangkok to the events tho).  I have played the courses they used for AT Q-School, and those are tricky iirc.
And a late welcome to Thailand, the country is a little rough around the edges, but we managed to produce guys like Prayad, Thongchai and Kiradech who can contend anywhere.

Don't forget all the LPGA'ers that Thailand has on tour right now with more on the way.
Yeah, the girls are making us proud.  4 more players are getting LPGA full membership for 2016, and another 4 will be playing in Symentra.

View PostBingo1976, on 20 January 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postjsp4433, on 20 January 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

What is the cut on the ADT?
Top 50 and ties. This is one of strongest fields they get all season. The tournament officials who I am trying becoming close with (maybe favorable pairings and tee times in my future) were saying this is almost like a regular small field Asian tour event. Multiple full time Asian tour players are in the field this week and I believe a couple guys who had their PGA tour cards at one point.

Looking at the entry list, I can recognize a couple of names:

Daniel Chopra (PGA Tour wins - 2)
Anthony Kang (Rtd this event, but has won once on the ET and twice on the AT)

http://asiandevelopm...ts/528/entries/
wow Chopra is in the field?  Feel like I never heard his name in ages.  Anyway, best of luck Nicolas, and watch out for the storm, it was raining hard where i live in the morning.
Callaway Legacy Tour- Mugi'o Tour Inspired
Titleist 913F 15*  503H 19*  913H 21*
Mizuno MP67 4-PW C-Taper 2* Flat 2* Strong
Currently looking for new wedges
Scotty Cameron Red X
TourStage X01 Yellow

18

#79 cehb

cehb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168599
  • Joined: 03/10/2012
  • Location:Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

Berry Henson has won on Asian tour and Tom Johnson had his PGA tour card. That's just of the few people I know.

Frankie Minoza has won a bunch of times around the world and David Gleeson won on the AT just a couple of years ago from memory. Some really good players in that field, hope you go low today!

19

#80 2bGood

2bGood

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91033
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Rock Star From Mars
  • Handicap:3-8
GolfWRX Likes : 2572

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

View Post300_yard_drives, on 20 January 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

View Post2bGood, on 20 January 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

How long to tee off?
I am scheduled to tee off in over 4 hours assuming no afternoon lightning before I tee off. Everyday there has been rain and lightning near the course.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing the update on the round in the morning (PST)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 Bingo1976

Bingo1976

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194780
  • Joined: 07/26/2012
  • Location:Singapore
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1018

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

I heard back from my mate - assuming I can get some hats off the Callaway rep, I will get the following put on them:

My company logo on one side
GolfWRX logo on the other side

I reckon the first key to getting sponsorship is to look like you already have some!
Titleist 913D3 w/Fubuki K 60S
TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, Matrix Ozik regular shaft
TaylorMade R9 5 wood, Motore 70 regular
Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees Stiff RedTie
Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200
Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS HiRev
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

21

#82 aceofclubs

aceofclubs

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164519
  • Joined: 02/19/2012
  • Location:Coopersburg, PA
  • Ebay ID:299alot
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

300_yard_drives, do you have a twitter account?
Cobra Amp Cell w/Aldila Tour Green
Taylormade Superfast 16.5*
Cobra Amp Cell 19* Hybrid
Mizuno MP 59 w/KBS Tour S
Titleist SM4 50* & 56* M grind
                Ping TR Karsten

22

#83 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

View Postaceofclubs, on 20 January 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

300_yard_drives, do you have a twitter account?
no not an active twitter.

23

#84 Matt J

Matt J

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,860 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
  • Joined: 09/17/2014
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 11010

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:38 AM

Nicholas, I bet if you start a GoFundMe account you'd get some donations from WRX'ers.  I can't afford to give very much, but I'd like to support you chasing your dream in Asia.  Best of luck!

24

#85 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

Today was a very frustrating round, mostly because I drove it poorly and putted poorly. Two things that never go well together in golf. I shot 74 2 over and made the cut on the number. I live another day! I started out on hole 10 and I hit a big slice purposely down the middle. I hit my wedge just short on the fringe to a front pin and chipped it close for par. The next hole I hit I left my drive out to the right and it landed in the rough and I had a mud ball to a tucked pin. I hit it well but it shot left into the green side bunker pin high and I hit a decent bunker shot to 8ft and burned the lip high side. Not the start I wanted. The next hole was a short par 3 over water with the pin tucked and I hit it to 15ft and left the putt 6" short in the jaws. I missed the fairway on my 4th hole a par 5 and hit a driving iron just short of the green in the rough. Hit a decent pitch shot to 9ft and missed it high side again. I hit driving iron off the next hole and hit my second shot to middle of green and two putted for par. The 6th hole I hit it thru the fairway on a dogleg to the right and I had the ball sitting down it the rough. I hit a perfect wedge shot that landed a foot from the hole but because of my lie had very little spin and released a good 15ft and I two putted. The 16th I again missed the fairway with driver and played up to 96 yards. I hit what I thought was a perfect shot, but it landed on the downslope and spun up the slope. I had 15ft and I two putted. I pared the next hole a par 3 with a routine tee shot and two putt. On my 9th hole I hit the ball through the fairway on the right, its a dog leg left off the tee, and I had a little mud on the right side of my ball. I had 180 to the pin and water directly to the right of the green. Knowing the mud would influence the ball to the left I aimed at the right edge of the green and just missed the green to the left. I hit a good chip but it landed on a dead spot on the green and bounced weirdly to the rightand I missed the 7ft par putt. 2 over on my front nine, not what I was looking for. My 10th hole was a narrow tee shot par 5 with water on both sides. I hit driving iron off the tee and driving iron on my second shot about 15 yards short of the green. I hit a great little pitch shot that stopped a foot short right on line. Easy birdie. I made easy pars on the next four holes and on my 15th hole I sprayed my drive into the right rough behind a tree. I hit a slice 7iron around the tree to 20ft and got a little aggressive on my first putt, burned the lip and left myself with a 3ft come back putt. The putt bounced to the right and I made bogey to go back to 2 over. Next hole was a par 3 playing 188. I hit a 6 iron that I left out to the right and just missed the green pin high. I hit a poor chip shot to 4ft and missed the putt again. I swear it bounced again. I was beyond frustrated. I am a very good short putt putter, but on these choppy greens I was struggling. It didn't help that my playing partner was rolling everything in for two days straight somehow (He is the co-leader). I had two holes left and I knew I needed a birdie if I wanted a chance to make the cut. My 17th hole was a par 5 dog leg left then right (double dog leg). I pulled my drive and missed the fairway again. My ball was sitting down and on a side slope and I tried to hit my 21 utility and it came out low and right and settled in the rough. I had 64 yards, my favorite yardage with my 64 wedge and I felt confident I could make birdie. I hit a perfect wedge shot that landed a foot short of the hole and narrowly went in. Tap in birdie. The last hole was a 455 yard par 4. I teed my driver low and bunted one in the fairway and hit a 8 iron onto the green 20ft away and two putted. Finished with a 2 over 74 to put me at 143 (-1). I walked into the club house unsure if I made the cut or not and being one of the last groups out I knew I would know shortly. I came in and was relieved to find out I had made the cut. Hit 3 fairways with driver. Not going to cut it when you get lift, clean, and place in the fairway. At least I made the cut and have a chance to have a good weekend and make a few bucks.


25

#86 dam276

dam276

    I shoulda yelled two

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28591
  • Joined: 05/04/2007
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:5.2
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:38 AM

Awesome job - the consecutive cuts made streak begins! Appreciate the detail too. Best of luck over the weekend.
GBB Epic 9* (Accra FX260 M4)
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3W HL (Kaili 80X)
TM Rescue 11 3 & 4 (NV 85X)
Mizuno MP 15 (PX 5.5)
Mizuno T5 52* (DG W)
Callaway MD2 Tour 58* (DG W)
Cleveland 588 Forged 64* (DG TC)
Lajosi XP3

26

#87 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383010
  • Joined: 06/28/2015
  • Location:Kyushu, Japan
  • Handicap:me
GolfWRX Likes : 3530

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

Making the cut is better than not making the cut, especially as this is your first start, right? So well done on that. Let's hope you get your driving-foo back tomorrow, because you're right about needing to take advantage of that lift-and-clean rule.
Looking forward to the updates, and have fun tomorrow!
Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
4w: TaylorMade R9, Motore X (stock)
7w  TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
Irons: Mizuno MP18 PX6.0 @ + 1/2"   
Wedges: Callaway MD2 50* and 54* S Grind, MD2 58* T-grind   
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9

27

#88 NCHACK85

NCHACK85

    Dropping Putts and Hitting Darts

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340841
  • Joined: 09/21/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:Beer
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

Great job bro!

28

#89 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

View Postdam276, on 21 January 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Awesome job - the consecutive cuts made streak begins! Appreciate the detail too. Best of luck over the weekend.
Exactly. Wanted to start a cut streak. I made 4 cuts at q school in a row and now this one. 5 in a row in Asia, but this is the first cut I made where you get to make some money. Although making the top 40 cut at final stage was a bit more important than this event.

29

#90 Some Call Him Tim

Some Call Him Tim

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 331079
  • Joined: 08/02/2014
  • Location:Wyobraska
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:58 AM

Good job. Really interesting read and love the amount of detail. Best of luck!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors