Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 14 votes

300_yard_drives Journey in Asia


310 replies to this topic

#301 Thayneil

Thayneil

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441480
  • Joined: 09/25/2016
  • Location:bangkok
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostG.O.A.T, on 06 January 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

As someone highly considering the move to asia next year to commit full time im wondering if someone can talk a bit on the financial aspect. A perfect situation for me would be a course over 7000 yards and a solid practice facility with quality greens. Grass range would be a must. Anyone have an idea on whats the best bang for the buck? Is Thailand the best/cheapest country for this?

Thailand  Hua Hin area

half a dozen great courses around half hour from town,

Black Mountain where quite a few  Pros make their winter homes


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#302 G.O.A.T

G.O.A.T

    respect come from admiration or fear.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165925
  • Joined: 02/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

View PostThayneil, on 10 January 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

View PostG.O.A.T, on 06 January 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

As someone highly considering the move to asia next year to commit full time im wondering if someone can talk a bit on the financial aspect. A perfect situation for me would be a course over 7000 yards and a solid practice facility with quality greens. Grass range would be a must. Anyone have an idea on whats the best bang for the buck? Is Thailand the best/cheapest country for this?

Thailand  Hua Hin area

half a dozen great courses around half hour from town,

Black Mountain where quite a few  Pros make their winter homes

Hey appreciate the response. Do you know anything about the visa process. I live in america and would like to move there.

2

#303 gretch

gretch

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424868
  • Joined: 05/12/2016
  • Location:wa
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 317

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostG.O.A.T, on 11 January 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hey appreciate the response. Do you know anything about the visa process. I live in america and would like to move there.

Do you not have your own thread going already you have went over this ad nauseum?  


This thread by a real golfer is fun reading.

Edited by gretch, 11 January 2017 - 04:07 PM.


3

#304 G.O.A.T

G.O.A.T

    respect come from admiration or fear.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165925
  • Joined: 02/24/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:53 AM

View Postgretch, on 11 January 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

View PostG.O.A.T, on 11 January 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hey appreciate the response. Do you know anything about the visa process. I live in america and would like to move there.

Do you not have your own thread going already you have went over this ad nauseum?  


This thread by a real golfer is fun reading.
l

Edited by G.O.A.T, 14 January 2017 - 05:03 PM.


4

#305 BVIChester

BVIChester

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126679
  • Joined: 04/14/2011
  • Location:Auckland
  • Handicap:8.1
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:53 AM

Starting to think "G.O.A.T" just stands for "Go On, Answer This" in a very condescending manner.

How you can use the search function on here is the biggest shock as Google seems to be beyond you for the most basic things.


5

#306 Thayneil

Thayneil

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441480
  • Joined: 09/25/2016
  • Location:bangkok
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostG.O.A.T, on 11 January 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

View PostThayneil, on 10 January 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

View PostG.O.A.T, on 06 January 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

As someone highly considering the move to asia next year to commit full time im wondering if someone can talk a bit on the financial aspect. A perfect situation for me would be a course over 7000 yards and a solid practice facility with quality greens. Grass range would be a must. Anyone have an idea on whats the best bang for the buck? Is Thailand the best/cheapest country for this?

Thailand  Hua Hin area

half a dozen great courses around half hour from town,

Black Mountain where quite a few  Pros make their winter homes

Hey appreciate the response. Do you know anything about the visa process. I live in america and would like to move there.

i think their is some kind of sports visa not sure the qualifications needed.

you can call the Thai embassy in usa.

i am more aware of  retirement visas etc for us older guys

6

#307 gray7340

gray7340

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197038
  • Joined: 08/08/2012
  • Location:Nashville
  • Handicap:6.1
  • Ebay ID:gray7340
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your mother, hope she has a speedy recovery and congratulations on your tour card.  Looking forward to seeing the updates on your experiences.

7

#308 xxio

xxio

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 541
  • Joined: 05/06/2005
  • Location:Cebu, Philippines
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:37 AM

Congratulations on winning Medalist honors on the PGT.

8

#309 JimmyP91

JimmyP91

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68435
  • Joined: 10/29/2008
  • Location:San Bernardino California
  • Ebay ID:Jimmyp91
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

Pumped for the wedding kick some a** this event.

9

#310 Palauan Hammer

Palauan Hammer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352867
  • Joined: 12/21/2014
  • Location:South Pacific
GolfWRX Likes : 10266

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:09 AM

Good luck Nic!! And again, Congrats on taking Q School Medalist.

OGA Member #3232

Epic SubZero 9* Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi XT 70tx
Cally Xr Pro 14*   GD  Tour Ad MT 8tx
Titleist 714 MB 3-Pw  Nippon Modus 130x
Nike Vr Forged 52,56,60 TT Dg S400
Odyssey Works V-Line 34.5" Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104cc

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#311 xxio

xxio

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 541
  • Joined: 05/06/2005
  • Location:Cebu, Philippines
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:47 AM

Congratulations on finishing 3rd in the Philippine Golf Tour ICTSI-Anvaya Cove event.

Very scenic course to play.

We used to have a PGT-ICTSI event here in Cebu at my home course  but there was a proposal to remodel the course so they moved the Aboitiz Invitational to the Orchard.



11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors