Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 4 votes

Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?


892 replies to this topic

#61 BKN1964

BKN1964

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355701
  • Joined: 01/01/2015
  • Location:Northern Kentucky
GolfWRX Likes : 580

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostEmperorPenguin, on 06 January 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

We see them all the time.  There are particular accessories that low-handicappers would never use, and that if you have them you are likely a hacker.  These are the accessories that first come to mind.

plastic golf tubes
large plastic iron head covers
two gloves
stroke counter

Any others?
HaHa.  I thought I was a full-on hacker, but I don't have a stroke counter, so I guess I'm not all the way there until I get one.

Actually, my iron headcovers are neoprene and I only keep them on in the SUV so that I don't have to listen to the heads rattling against each other while I'm driving.  I only wear two gloves at the driving range because I've been beating the heck out of my hands.  I only have tubes in my vintage bag.  Keeps the clubs lined up and looking good.
Dyna Powered GolfWRX.jpg
I'm still a hacker though ...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 landolakes

landolakes

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357789
  • Joined: 01/13/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

Where is Sergeant Hulka when you need him.

2

#63 EmperorPenguin

EmperorPenguin

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217859
  • Joined: 12/26/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 393

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:40 PM

I remember another one: a plastic golf ball dispenser that clips on to the top of the bag.  You load three balls into it and there is a spring in the magazine that pushes up the next ball.  There are even six holes of the top rim to load tees, too!

3

#64 Chomper

Chomper

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,005 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304871
  • Joined: 03/31/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 343

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:57 PM

I like the thing you attach to the rain hood snaps on your bag for more storage hooks and stuff. Towel caddie, perhaps?
And the retractable two sided brush, one wire and the other plastic.
I know lots of guys who use iron headcovers, funny thing is they always lose one or two during a round. Maybe they should leave them in the car?

I am a big fan of the ball retriever - I own the 25' orange two ball cage one, I love it!! (and I live in the desert)

4

#65 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 23253

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

Oh, and BTW, it's  fraternity, not "frat" :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

Edited by Forged4ever, 06 January 2016 - 09:08 PM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....



GHIN: Beefeater 24

5

#66 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 23253

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostBKN1964, on 06 January 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

View PostEmperorPenguin, on 06 January 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

We see them all the time.  There are particular accessories that low-handicappers would never use, and that if you have them you are likely a hacker.  These are the accessories that first come to mind.

plastic golf tubes
large plastic iron head covers
two gloves
stroke counter

Any others?
HaHa.  I thought I was a full-on hacker, but I don't have a stroke counter, so I guess I'm not all the way there until I get one.

Actually, my iron headcovers are neoprene and I only keep them on in the SUV so that I don't have to listen to the heads rattling against each other while I'm driving.  I only wear two gloves at the driving range because I've been beating the heck out of my hands.  I only have tubes in my vintage bag.  Keeps the clubs lined up and looking good.
Dyna Powered GolfWRX.jpg
I'm still a hacker though ...
Bro, those are gorgeous irons and I Love the woods and putter!!

And no, you're not a hacker!!

That's a state of mind and how one carries them self and not their ability!!

You're good to Go Bro :)

Very Well Played!!

Happy New Year!!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 06 January 2016 - 09:12 PM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....



GHIN: Beefeater 24

6

#67 dicko999

dicko999

    I call it "Celebration"

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95237
  • Joined: 09/26/2009
  • Location:San Diego, CA
  • Handicap:Beer
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:19 PM

A couple of years ago, I would have said chipper.  Then I played with a guy who shot under par with an Odyssey Marksman and absolutely destroyed the course.  Judge not lest ye be judged...
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 10.5*
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 17*
Ping G20 20*, 23* Hybrids
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 5-PW
Callaway MD2 50*, X Forged 56*, 64*
Odyssey O Works #7 WBW

Time Out - Kingston KP001, Scotty Cameron California Del Mar, Ping WRX Anser, Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback No. 1

7

#68 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 23253

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:20 PM

View Postratspros, on 06 January 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostForged4ever, on 06 January 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

View PostIH823PUTT, on 06 January 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Those golf score counting beads which dangle from ones belt or bag!
LMAO, Bro, our Pro bought two of those and they were rather nice as the beads were leather but they sat unsold for the season and he included one each in an event gift package and when the attendants were cleaning out the locker room garbage cans, someone had thrown theirs away, lol-

I've got to say, I've never seen someone using one of those, lol

They would be right behind the ball retriever and I guess now the towel on the belt loop, haha

Happy New Year Bro :)

All the Best,
RP

Richard, I wore one this year to a member guest event at a prestigious local private club.  Guys we got paired up with didn't know myself or my partner.  On the first tee I asked one of them if you pull down the ball counter before your shot or after it.  He rolled his eyes and said after. So I stood up there and nailed one down the middle about 320, turned around and said "well that's one" while pulling down a bead.  Was planning on using it just on the first tee as a gag to break the ice but got on a roll and used it the entire round pulling down a bead after every shot. Ho hummed a nice little 68 that day.

eye roll guy was actually a really nice guy, although he stated the wrong score a few times throughout the round and I offered him the use of my bead counter to help him out.  He declined.
Bro, THAT story is beautiful, LMAO-

Guys like that don't have much choice but to be nice guys when with surgical precision ya stick a 7i down their throat performing a tonsillectomy as ya go then an appendectomy as ya drive it through their mid section then you do em a favor and clear out a few roids as you excise it from the other end, lol

BOOM!!!

And the Pr*** cheats to boot, lmao

God, do I miss this game, lmao

Thanks for the story Bro, you made me smile!!

I hope that You and Yours had a great Christmas, Holiday Season and a Wonderful year ahead!!

Fairways & Greens Ever My Friend,
Richard  


I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....



GHIN: Beefeater 24

8

#69 WalleyeDave

WalleyeDave

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231163
  • Joined: 02/21/2013
  • Location:Milwaukee WI
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 346

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

Poker chip ball markers.

9

#70 toc

toc

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263080
  • Joined: 07/10/2013
  • Location:Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 1668

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

That retractable brush thing

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool:  metal
Ball Marker: quarter
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 dave willie

dave willie

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 620 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116011
  • Joined: 10/10/2010
  • Location:Bellevue, WA
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

I may be generalizing a bit, but keep in mind that one of the courses I play is about 2 or 3 miles from Microsoft headquarters.  My observation is that guys who use phone apps to keep score and get yardages are usually hacks.  It seems like it's a way to stay connected to their world even though they are on the golf course.

Golf watches (wrist yardage devices) are also a sign that you may be a short knocker. It's not definitive, but from my research it has a high correlation with 20+ handicaps.
Titleist 917 D3 10.5 Diamana Ltd Blue 70-S
Cobra Bio Cell 3/4 wood PXv 6.0
Cleveland Hi-Bore 22 hybrid
Ping i20 4-PW Nippon Modus3 120-S
Cleveland 588 50* & 60*, Callaway X-Tour 56*
Cameron Del Mar 2 Tei3 or Mil-Spec

11

#72 ratspros

ratspros

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144269
  • Joined: 10/27/2011
  • Location:Calgary
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

View PostForged4ever, on 06 January 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

View Postratspros, on 06 January 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostForged4ever, on 06 January 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

View PostIH823PUTT, on 06 January 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Those golf score counting beads which dangle from ones belt or bag!
LMAO, Bro, our Pro bought two of those and they were rather nice as the beads were leather but they sat unsold for the season and he included one each in an event gift package and when the attendants were cleaning out the locker room garbage cans, someone had thrown theirs away, lol-

I've got to say, I've never seen someone using one of those, lol

They would be right behind the ball retriever and I guess now the towel on the belt loop, haha

Happy New Year Bro :)

All the Best,
RP

Richard, I wore one this year to a member guest event at a prestigious local private club.  Guys we got paired up with didn't know myself or my partner.  On the first tee I asked one of them if you pull down the ball counter before your shot or after it.  He rolled his eyes and said after. So I stood up there and nailed one down the middle about 320, turned around and said "well that's one" while pulling down a bead.  Was planning on using it just on the first tee as a gag to break the ice but got on a roll and used it the entire round pulling down a bead after every shot. Ho hummed a nice little 68 that day.

eye roll guy was actually a really nice guy, although he stated the wrong score a few times throughout the round and I offered him the use of my bead counter to help him out.  He declined.
Bro, THAT story is beautiful, LMAO-

Guys like that don't have much choice but to be nice guys when with surgical precision ya stick a 7i down their throat performing a tonsillectomy as ya go then an appendectomy as ya drive it through their mid section then you do em a favor and clear out a few roids as you excise it from the other end, lol

BOOM!!!

And the Pr*** cheats to boot, lmao

God, do I miss this game, lmao

Thanks for the story Bro, you made me smile!!

I hope that You and Yours had a great Christmas, Holiday Season and a Wonderful year ahead!!

Fairways & Greens Ever My Friend,
Richard  

That's the best part Richard, the guy didn't actually cheat he honestly lost track of his score. Each time he gave the wrong score he gave a score higher then what he actually shot. The bead counter is a useful tool.

12

#73 Arizonalefty59

Arizonalefty59

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,564 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130198
  • Joined: 06/05/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 2321

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

Biggest giveaway is not even an accessory. If you put your driver on the bottom dividers and your irons at the top of your bag, it's a dead giveaway.

13

#74 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1353

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

Muscle shirt with dodgers hat to match blue driver


Edited by kekoa, 07 January 2016 - 10:36 AM.


14

#75 redraider1685

redraider1685

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78501
  • Joined: 03/27/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

View Posttexchad12, on 06 January 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Ball retriever
Bluetooth speaker
Jumbo grips
Texas wedge
Jeans

Man I hit on 3 out of the 5 and I play at a +2

Maybe I should try slacks


15

#76 golfdad907

golfdad907

    Play fast, have fun

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24061
  • Joined: 01/15/2007
  • Location:DFW, TX
  • Ebay ID:golfdad_907
GolfWRX Likes : 581

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

TM Drivers
InTech or any other Wally World cheapo balls
Long Putters
Boxed set clubs and bag

Iron covers are for those who appreciate their forged irons
2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S  44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7  Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

16

#77 redraider1685

redraider1685

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78501
  • Joined: 03/27/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:20 PM

View PostArizonalefty59, on 06 January 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Biggest giveaway is not even an accessory. If you put your driver on the bottom dividers and your irons at the top of your bag, it's a dead giveaway.

LOL my friend arranged his bag this way because it reduced bag chatter, he is pretty new to golf.  I told him you better be a hustler trying to fool someone or a hack to put woods on the bottom

17

#78 knock it close

knock it close

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101876
  • Joined: 01/13/2010
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta
  • Handicap:+2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 5242

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:21 PM

View PostArizonalefty59, on 06 January 2016 - 11:15 PM, said:

Biggest giveaway is not even an accessory. If you put your driver on the bottom dividers and your irons at the top of your bag, it's a dead giveaway.
That might be the best one I've seen

Edited by knock it close, 06 January 2016 - 11:22 PM.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

18

#79 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 23253

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

View Postratspros, on 06 January 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

View PostForged4ever, on 06 January 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

View Postratspros, on 06 January 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

View PostForged4ever, on 06 January 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

View PostIH823PUTT, on 06 January 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Those golf score counting beads which dangle from ones belt or bag!
LMAO, Bro, our Pro bought two of those and they were rather nice as the beads were leather but they sat unsold for the season and he included one each in an event gift package and when the attendants were cleaning out the locker room garbage cans, someone had thrown theirs away, lol-

I've got to say, I've never seen someone using one of those, lol

They would be right behind the ball retriever and I guess now the towel on the belt loop, haha

Happy New Year Bro :)

All the Best,
RP

Richard, I wore one this year to a member guest event at a prestigious local private club.  Guys we got paired up with didn't know myself or my partner.  On the first tee I asked one of them if you pull down the ball counter before your shot or after it.  He rolled his eyes and said after. So I stood up there and nailed one down the middle about 320, turned around and said "well that's one" while pulling down a bead.  Was planning on using it just on the first tee as a gag to break the ice but got on a roll and used it the entire round pulling down a bead after every shot. Ho hummed a nice little 68 that day.

eye roll guy was actually a really nice guy, although he stated the wrong score a few times throughout the round and I offered him the use of my bead counter to help him out.  He declined.
Bro, THAT story is beautiful, LMAO-

Guys like that don't have much choice but to be nice guys when with surgical precision ya stick a 7i down their throat performing a tonsillectomy as ya go then an appendectomy as ya drive it through their mid section then you do em a favor and clear out a few roids as you excise it from the other end, lol

BOOM!!!

And the Pr*** cheats to boot, lmao

God, do I miss this game, lmao

Thanks for the story Bro, you made me smile!!

I hope that You and Yours had a great Christmas, Holiday Season and a Wonderful year ahead!!

Fairways & Greens Ever My Friend,
Richard  

That's the best part Richard, the guy didn't actually cheat he honestly lost track of his score. Each time he gave the wrong score he gave a score higher then what he actually shot. The bead counter is a useful tool.
That is a rare individual that goes the other way-

A good friend and Mentor of my Father's and a world class Transplant surgeon in his day developed early onset Dementia, and he was a solid mid single cap like my dad(-5 or 6) and he started to carry one of those little ones that ya out in your pocket and they have two wheels inside that ya turn the left one then the right.

Well, I was keepin his score along with mine and I didn't miss a stroke of his and I had him at 78 and he had himself at 82 and I basically went back and showed him his strokes for the front nine, where he had himself 2 strokes higher than he actually had.

It is the only time that I've ever Played with someone who went the other way-

OT(what's new, lol) but he could recount transplant surgeries from 25-28 years before at the Clinic(Cleve) when my father was a resident and my dad had all of his faculties and he couldn't remember the specifics and in a few cases, the patients, however this doc's short term memory was shot as he couldn't remember what he had for dinner the evening before.

Well, have a nice week Bro :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

Edited by Forged4ever, 07 January 2016 - 09:04 AM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....



GHIN: Beefeater 24

19

#80 PZero

PZero

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 7141

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

I like my iron headcovers and towel on the loop (lost a few the other way). I like my handicap as well.

R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 Damo75

Damo75

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10531
  • Joined: 01/26/2006
  • Location:Cairns, Qld, AUSTRALIA
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:07 AM

View Postkekoa, on 06 January 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

Ball picker that attaches to end of a Putter
Seems a bit harsh, I know a few older guys who have a bad back and have trouble bending over to get the ball out of the hole.
Taylor Made M1 9.5 - Aldila RIP Phenom NL 60X
Taylor Made Aeroburner TP 3HL Aldila RIP Phenom
Taylor Made Aeroburner TP 3 hybrid Matrix White Tie
Adams A4 Tour 4-W DG X100
Cleveland 588 RTX 52/56
Bridgestone Prototype 60
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

21

#82 BobRoberts

BobRoberts

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381198
  • Joined: 06/17/2015
  • Location:Ireland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:03 AM


Wearing rubber golf shoes (complete with rubber kiltie tassels) in summer.


Huge new driver by a budget club maker alongside ancient ‘filler’ clubs in the bag that are never used.


22

#83 Your-away!

Your-away!

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323581
  • Joined: 06/27/2014
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 529

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:26 AM

Golf Bag is perfectly clean with all the Tee holders and ball holders perfectly stocked
DRIVER:Callaway GBB 9* - KuroKage 50g Stiff
3 WOOD:Callaway BBA 816 16* - Aldila Rogue 110 MSI stiff
HYBRID: Adams XTD TI 18* - 2* Flat -  Alidila tour red stiff (1" shorter)
2 IRON:Ping G2 HL - TFC Graphite stiff
IRONS 4-PW: Bridgestone J36 RAW Black LTD Edition CB's - Project X 6.0 - 2* flat
WEDGES:Hiroda Masakazu RAW Black 51 (52) & 58 (56) - TI S400's - 2.5* flat
PUTTER:Radius Classic 6 - matt black shaft - Superstroke Flatso 1.0
BALL:Whichever gets bought for me, or found.

23

#84 nolixul

nolixul

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66677
  • Joined: 09/29/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

View Post2bGood, on 06 January 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

The sunglasses that help you find your balls and of course my favourite- you use range balls out on the course!

I have to admit to slipping 'nice' range balls in my pocket when I first started golf and then using them to practice out on the course. It was not that bad as the place I practiced at was a range and an executive size course and there was lots of range balls on the course already.

Range balls - classic!



24

#85 cagecitizen

cagecitizen

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406562
  • Joined: 12/24/2015
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

A club cleaning brush, dead giveaway.

  • Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815; Oban Devotion 6 shaft, 65 grams
  • 3-Wood: Nike Covert 2 Standard; Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage (stock)
  • 3-Hybrid: Nike Covert 2 Tour; Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage (stock)
  • Irons: Mizuno MP-H5 (4 through PW); True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
  • Wedges: 50, 56, 60 Titelst SM4 / SM5
  • Putter: BPutters Coyote Model milled from Italian 303SS (heel-shafted)
  • Grips: Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound (standard / 3-wraps)

25

#86 linkerpan

linkerpan

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134575
  • Joined: 07/29/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 282

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

I get to the course and get paired with not one but 3 hacker candidates. One of them takes a look at my bag and offers to let me go ahead because "you know we came to enjoy the game", like if I wasn't there for the same.
First tee, we start in the blue tees, 545 yds uphill and guy #2 brings a late model clean face Cleveland driver (maybe a 290). Whiffs 2 swings (that may explain why the face  and top line are still clean) and goes back to his bag to bring his go to club, a Warrior 7w.
Once we left the tee so no ranger can see what is going on, guy takes out of his bag's side pocket an insulated cooler sleeve carrying 6 cold ones. Offers me one to what I said I was practicing for a tournament and will go ahead but thanks.
M2 460, 10.5, AD DI
SLDR T 14, Ahina 70S
SLDR 19, Ahina 70S
910h 21, 24 with Ahina 90h S
Mizuno MP5, Srixon 765
Kingston KP1
Vokey SM5 52/08r
Vokey SM6, 56/14
Vokey SM5 60/07
WITB Link

26

#87 Boricua Golf

Boricua Golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137445
  • Joined: 08/23/2011
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:luisito11*11
GolfWRX Likes : 1262

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

Dang!!!!, the more I read this thread the more of a hack I must look like!!!!, I have the majority of the items that have been mentioned here:

Iron covers
GPS Golf app on my phone (that also shows on my watch)
Cleaning brush
Poker chip marker (from GolfWRX mind you!!!!)
Clean Golf Bag (stand and staff)
Matching belt, hat and glove to equipment (Callaway)
Caddy towel (I did caddy in Hawaii at the Sony, Lotte and Champions Tour)

I guess I am an all around "hack" oh well...
Driver---------------Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Alta 55 X Flex, tipped 1", 44.5"
FW Wood----------Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour  32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X

27

#88 TMBob

TMBob

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21998
  • Joined: 11/20/2006
  • Location:P Northwest
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 590

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Towel clipped on the side or back of their pants has always been a clear sign for me.....I always say....Nice Towel!

28

#89 Bad9

Bad9

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94897
  • Joined: 09/21/2009
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:9.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1415

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

View Postdave willie, on 06 January 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

1. The Tiger wannabe's with all Nike gear
2. The Fowler wannabe's in their neon

And especially the player wannabe's with all Titleist gear.

29

#90 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

    Putting is 98%+ Mental...Numbers & Mechanics? Yea Right€

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 13,737 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
  • Joined: 05/26/2012
  • Location:The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool
GolfWRX Likes : 23253

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:26 AM

View Postcagecitizen, on 07 January 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

A club cleaning brush, dead giveaway.
LMAO, I bet the +4.8 who's A** I kicked in the MP Finals in '12 was thinkin that very same thing on 1 tee when he saw this, lol :)

I'm kiddin Bro, as I've said before, if I like something and it's practical, I'm good with it, lol

I don't give a s*** what anyone else thinks, well, cept for Madison, and though she said somethin about the white belt, she said nothing about the club brush, lol-

Besides, it was a gift from my little niece :)

Happy New Year Bro and thanks for postin :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
RP

Edited by Forged4ever, 07 January 2016 - 12:16 PM.

I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~

But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....



GHIN: Beefeater 24

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors