Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Favourite PGA Tour Track

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 birdiebeggar

birdiebeggar

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385682
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

Whats your favourite course that has hosted the PGA tour? Also, any ones you didn't like?

For me, locally, it would be St. Georges which has hosted the Canadian Open several times. I had a great experience at Whistling Straits as well. I thought Torrey Pines (South) was a bit overpriced.

What are your thoughts?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 atltl

atltl

MIURA Fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106775
  • Handicap:3.1
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Pebble Beach, Lucky to play there at least once a year!

#3 WiscoGolfAddict

WiscoGolfAddict

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392506
  • Handicap:9.0
  • Ebay ID:pseifs
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

The courses I have played that have hosted professional events are Whistling Straits, Blackwolf Run/River course, TPC Deere Run, Pumpkin Ridge Ghost Creek and Witch Hollow, Erin Hills (upcoming), Brown Deer, Cog Hill No. 4 Dubsdread, Milwaukee Country Club (been a long time), Chambers Bay, Torrey Pines, Tuckaway CC and University Ridge (which will have a Champions Tour event starting next season).

My favorite of them is Chambers Bay (barely edging out Erin Hills and Whistling Straits). My least favorite is Brown Deer. The one that really shocked me how much I enjoyed it was TPC Deere Run. The most challenging is a toss-up between Cog Hill No. 4 Dubsdread and the River course at Blackwolf Run, but if I HAD to pick I'd go with the River.

#4 birdiebeggar

birdiebeggar

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 385682
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostWiscoGolfAddict, on 23 November 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

The courses I have played that have hosted professional events are Whistling Straits, Blackwolf Run/River course, TPC Deere Run, Pumpkin Ridge Ghost Creek and Witch Hollow, Erin Hills (upcoming), Brown Deer, Cog Hill No. 4 Dubsdread, Milwaukee Country Club (been a long time), Chambers Bay, Torrey Pines, Tuckaway CC and University Ridge (which will have a Champions Tour event starting next season).

My favorite of them is Chambers Bay (barely edging out Erin Hills and Whistling Straits). My least favorite is Brown Deer. The one that really shocked me how much I enjoyed it was TPC Deere Run. The most challenging is a toss-up between Cog Hill No. 4 Dubsdread and the River course at Blackwolf Run, but if I HAD to pick I'd go with the River.
Yep. Loved all the courses at Kohler. Also went to see the PGA Championship this year. Tough walking in the dunes but still a wonderful course.

#5 WiscoGolfAddict

WiscoGolfAddict

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392506
  • Handicap:9.0
  • Ebay ID:pseifs
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:52 PM

View Postbirdiebeggar, on 23 November 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Yep. Loved all the courses at Kohler. Also went to see the PGA Championship this year. Tough walking in the dunes but still a wonderful course.

I was marshaling the 14th hole for Friday and Sunday, and you wouldn't believe how many people I saw take diggers. No one was hurt, thankfully, so it was semi-entertaining. It's not an easy course to traipse around when you can't be on the actual playing surface, that's for sure!

#6 ryu123

ryu123

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285974
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

Rancho Park in Los Angeles. Arnold Palmer took a 12 on the 18th hole in the 1961 Los Angeles Open. Greens fees are $48 on weekends for visitors.

Other good courses are Sahalee, Chambers Bay, Riviera, Pebble Beach, Poppy Hills, Spyglass Hill, MPCC (Dunes), Pumpkin Ridge (Witch Hollow) Torrey Pines (north & south), and CordeValle, but for public access and price, Rancho Park is my favorite.

#7 prorobo

prorobo

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191834
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 1653

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:38 AM

Have played TPC Sawgrass (The Players), Harbour Town (RBC Heritage), TPC River Highlands (Travelers) and Bethpage Black (duh). Out of those four, Harbour Town is my favorite.

#8 adizero

adizero

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344021
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:tom6897
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:59 AM

Jack's tournament at Muirfield Village in Columbus, Ohio. Anything at Pebble Beach and The TPC at Sawgrass.

I have played NCR South which hosted a PGA and Senior Open. Great Golf course and always in superb condition.

Edited by adizero, 02 December 2015 - 03:01 AM.

Nike Covert 2.0
TaylorMade R15 4 hybrid 22*
KZG Forged II M CB 3-PW Rifle 5.5 +1"
Cleveland T/A 900 Forged  52*, 56*, 60*
Ping Anser 35" (2001)
OGIO Sport "Stinger SKV" bag
TaylorMade TPx, Callaway Chrome+, Wilson "Elite" 50

#9 redraider1685

redraider1685

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78501
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

try erin from the back tees I don't think there is a course that can stand up to erin at 8200 yards

#10 Boricua Golf

Boricua Golf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137445
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:luisito11*11
GolfWRX Likes : 1185

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:41 AM

Most of my PGA tour experiences have been in Hawaii (local caddy at the Sony Open) so I have to say Waialae GC, short but very challenging, Ko'Olina GC (caddy at the LPGA Lotte Championship) short as well wind makes it very tough and lastly (caddy at Champions Tour) Kapolei GC, great course, well maintained and very challenging, windy with very fast greens...I was lucky to caddy a practice for Jeff Overton at this year Quicken Loans National Tournament and was the honorary starter on Saturday (military, got to introduce Tiger), and I have to say that the course was tough, lots of ondulating FWs and very fast greens which are exactly how I like golf courses...

Edited by Boricua Golf, 02 December 2015 - 02:56 PM.

Driver---------------Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Alta 55 X Flex, tipped 1", 44.5"
FW Wood----------Ping G 15*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Oslo (Ping Nome TR as backup), 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 chippa13

chippa13

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394742
GolfWRX Likes : 1088

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:35 PM

It was Copperhead until they added the Barbasol event at the RTJ Grand National Lakes course. I think that is my favorite course, period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors