Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shoulder popping

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 golfer_junior

golfer_junior

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3749
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:30 PM

I screwed up my shoulder swinging friday (it made a loud popping sound in the down swing accompanied by a pain i can only compare to dislocating my arm (which I have done 3 times)).  Its till hurts alot today but I did have some mobility, enough to make a full swing anyways (its my right shoulder).  

Anyone know a good way to get my shoulder feeling better faster?  Btw, its not a muscle thing.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 College Golfer

College Golfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5974
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:13 AM

View Postgolfer_junior, on Dec 3 2005, 10:30 PM, said:

I screwed up my shoulder swinging friday (it made a loud popping sound in the down swing accompanied by a pain i can only compare to dislocating my arm (which I have done 3 times)).  Its till hurts alot today but I did have some mobility, enough to make a full swing anyways (its my right shoulder).  

Anyone know a good way to get my shoulder feeling better faster?  Btw, its not a muscle thing.

I'd see a doctor, dont want to hurt it any more and then have to worry about future permanent damage.

#3 RSchaffer29

RSchaffer29

Los Angeles, CA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2807
  • Ebay ID:ryantechseller
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:16 PM

as much as we all here would like to help you, I can assure you the best thing to do is to see a doctor who specializes in sports injuries like this one

and I'm going to go out on a limb here at suggest you don't swing a club for a few days

#4 golfer_junior

golfer_junior

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:41 PM

I think I'm going to wait a couple days to see if it gets better but if not then its off to the doc for me.

#5 simmoboy

simmoboy

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

I've dislocated my shoulder 3 times and if you did dislocated it you will be in abit of pain and would not have any mobility in it for atleast a week or two after its been put back in.

I would go see a docter and get him to look at it because if you just popped it ou he can put in back in and you would be ok to start playing in a week or two.

brent

#6 PoBoy

PoBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8170

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:42 PM

see a doctor

even if the pain goes away and the mobility returns, multiple shoulder dislocations could be a sign of a bigger problem

When I was a teen I went through something similar.  Both my shoulders were dislocating/separating, after which I felt numbness and tingling for ~30 seconds (about the length of time btw two plays in a football game).  We called them stingers.  Please note that there was no real pain involved.

I ignored it but when I finally saw a doctor (after popping each about 15x), both shoulders had to be reconstructed via 5 surgeries.  It would not have been so bad had I gone to the doc after the second or third pop.

#7 golfer_junior

golfer_junior

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, I was swinging again today andit popped once, not much pain by my hand went numb.  If it persists then i'll go to the doc.

#8 cjdrcc

cjdrcc

Advanced

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3992

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

From my arm experience with pitching (including semi-torn rotator cuff, brushes with some hand numbness, and my favorite, throwing up the day after a 8.66 inning start. :) ) ICE IT first, bengay for 1/2 a day , shoulder streaches with light weight, and 4 days off. If it still hurts, see a doctor about an MRI and pray.

#9 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9000

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

dislocated my knee 3 months ago.just back now.any dislocation is a bad dislocation cos once the knee or shoulder has dislocated once it means it has found a groove/channel to dislocate again so you have to build up the surrounding area of muscle

#10 golfer_junior

golfer_junior

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

I haven't played that much since this happened so I'll see how it reacts when the full regiment returns in a week or so.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors