Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Video Games


597 replies to this topic

#571 Olson12

Olson12

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:18 AM

View Postdcmidnight, on 07 June 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

I tried not to like Fortnite lol but I think there are two great things about BR mode. One, if you get offed, you're back in a new game in 60 seconds. No waiting around. Second, when you restart a new game, everyone is back to zero loadout. I love that.

A lot of the things I like about it are the opposite of the way that WoW got for me once you started really moving up. IE I'm not into teaming up at all, not my thing. Still no wins but lots of top 3s. Need to spend some time just off in a corner practicing quicker builds.

What platform are you playing on?   The way I got better at building is I would just land in wailing woods, harvest a bunch of wood and just start building, editing and getting comfortable with the process.  If you are on a console you have to switch to builder pro setting on your controller.  Total game changer.

View Postdevinh821, on 07 June 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

Man. If y'all need some good laughs watch me try to build when I get shot. There is ramps and walls and tops every where. I really wish there wasn't those roof top things. I will slap one down in a heartbeat sometimes.

I'm devinh821 on PS4. Couple guys on here know how funny it is to play. I should be on 430 eastern time.


What controller layout are you using?  If not builder pro then you need to switch ASAP!

Cobra F8+ 8* with Project X T1100
Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Utility One Length 24* Ctaper Lite
S55 6- PW
Cobra 50* 54* 60* King Pro Black wedges.
Ping Vault Dale Head

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#572 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

    Hello

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Joined: 06/09/2005
  • Location:Springfield MO
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 550

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostOlson12, on 07 June 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

View Postdcmidnight, on 07 June 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

I tried not to like Fortnite lol but I think there are two great things about BR mode. One, if you get offed, you're back in a new game in 60 seconds. No waiting around. Second, when you restart a new game, everyone is back to zero loadout. I love that.

A lot of the things I like about it are the opposite of the way that WoW got for me once you started really moving up. IE I'm not into teaming up at all, not my thing. Still no wins but lots of top 3s. Need to spend some time just off in a corner practicing quicker builds.

What platform are you playing on?   The way I got better at building is I would just land in wailing woods, harvest a bunch of wood and just start building, editing and getting comfortable with the process.  If you are on a console you have to switch to builder pro setting on your controller.  Total game changer.

View Postdevinh821, on 07 June 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

Man. If y'all need some good laughs watch me try to build when I get shot. There is ramps and walls and tops every where. I really wish there wasn't those roof top things. I will slap one down in a heartbeat sometimes.

I'm devinh821 on PS4. Couple guys on here know how funny it is to play. I should be on 430 eastern time.


What controller layout are you using?  If not builder pro then you need to switch ASAP!

Agreed, builder pro is the only way to do it.

I'd also recommend doing one of the LTM, like in the 50v50 you harvested more materials and you weren't constantly worried about being shot in the butt the entire time.  so maybe the 20v20v20v20v20 mode would be good to practice on.
G400 8.5* LST -G400 14.5* - F6 Baffler - PXG 4i - Ping G25 5-W - Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - BG F22

2

#573 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

Yeah I use the builder pro but panic and just start hitting the top buttons like crazy. Lol


3

#574 nitaizipp15

nitaizipp15

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488052
  • Joined: 12/04/2017
  • Location:05678
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

Mobile games such as FIFA mobile, Madden Mobile, and NBA live

Edited by nitaizipp15, 23 June 2018 - 05:53 PM.


4

#575 BA_Luck

BA_Luck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500542
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:23 AM

View Postnitaizipp15, on 13 June 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

There's this really cool game called "golf". It's fun and good to practice, but best of all, it gets you outside! But if you are looking for fun games to play, I like the EA FIFA series, COD Black Ops 2, and Tiger Woods 12
Can't golf at night, Chip.


5

#576 rooski

rooski

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 423898
  • Joined: 05/04/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

FYI to all -- The Golf Club 2 is currently 80% off $40 in the steam summer sale.. at $7.99

6

#577 BA_Luck

BA_Luck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500542
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

View Postrooski, on 21 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

FYI to all -- The Golf Club 2 is currently 80% off $40 in the steam summer sale.. at $7.99
Is this the game with the PGA Tour?

7

#578 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

Slowly and I mean slowly getting the hang of fortnite. I can at least now get some walls around me when the firing starts lol still canít build like tower though.
And how in the world do you guys hit people with shotguns? I miss and miss and miss and miss

8

#579 BA_Luck

BA_Luck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500542
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:33 PM

View Postdevinh821, on 24 June 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

Slowly and I mean slowly getting the hang of fortnite. I can at least now get some walls around me when the firing starts lol still can't build like tower though.
And how in the world do you guys hit people with shotguns? I miss and miss and miss and miss
Watch SypherPK youtube vid on how to hit shots.

9

#580 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 587

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:33 AM

View Postdevinh821, on 24 June 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

Slowly and I mean slowly getting the hang of fortnite. I can at least now get some walls around me when the firing starts lol still can't build like tower though.
And how in the world do you guys hit people with shotguns? I miss and miss and miss and miss

Builder pro is your friend. R2 is a wall and L2 is a ramp. I just mash those when making a tower. As for shotguns...if you figure that out let me know.

Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#581 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

Hahaha I use builder pro. Itís awesome just to panic and start building and then Iím like now what? Been doing better usually get a couple kills in solo mode. If I was good at this game I would never put it down

11

#582 BA_Luck

BA_Luck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500542
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:02 PM

Dual Pistols look sweet.

12

#583 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 587

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

View PostBA_Luck, on 27 June 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Dual Pistols look sweet.

Used the gold version of them last night. Pretty cool. They do a hefty amount of damage.
Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

13

#584 kalamazoo

kalamazoo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132012
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:11 AM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 28 June 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

View PostBA_Luck, on 27 June 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Dual Pistols look sweet.

Used the gold version of them last night. Pretty cool. They do a hefty amount of damage.

Not a huge fan of the burst action for then dueling pistols. Would definitely have preferred truly manual action, like dueling hand cannons or something.

14

#585 Olson12

Olson12

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

I haven't used the dual pistols a ton yet but the fire rate is a bit too slow for me.  Maybe I'll try replacing pump with the dual pistols for first shot damage and carry a tac shotgun for 2nd hit.  I tried running pump and dual pistols and its just too darn slow.

Cobra F8+ 8* with Project X T1100
Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Utility One Length 24* Ctaper Lite
S55 6- PW
Cobra 50* 54* 60* King Pro Black wedges.
Ping Vault Dale Head

15

#586 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

    steal your face right off your head

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Joined: 02/13/2009
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 587

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

I use duel pistols for mid range then rush with tac subs/tac shotguns. Assault rifles/sub machine guns got buffed. Shotguns got nerfed.
Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 15° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron Accra 110i
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Vokey Jet Black SM7 52°  56°  60° S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp

16

#587 tmgolf25

tmgolf25

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101412
  • Joined: 01/05/2010
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:+1.5
  • Ebay ID:b1gg2594
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Anyone play Fortnite on PS4? If so I'm always down to play. My PSN is b1gg2594!
Epic SZ 9*
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 13.5*
Nike Vapor FlyPro 2 iron
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour
MD3 Milled
Bettinardi BB1

17

#588 kalamazoo

kalamazoo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132012
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

View Postmoegolfer11, on 29 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I use duel pistols for mid range then rush with tac subs/tac shotguns. Assault rifles/sub machine guns got buffed. Shotguns got nerfed.

Subs got super buffed. The white silenced smg is my new favorite weapon 😂

18

#589 Olson12

Olson12

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:45 PM

View Postkalamazoo, on 29 June 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postmoegolfer11, on 29 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I use duel pistols for mid range then rush with tac subs/tac shotguns. Assault rifles/sub machine guns got buffed. Shotguns got nerfed.

Subs got super buffed. The white silenced smg is my new favorite weapon ��

Tell me about it!  I'll use the grey silenced smg over a green AR!
Cobra F8+ 8* with Project X T1100
Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Utility One Length 24* Ctaper Lite
S55 6- PW
Cobra 50* 54* 60* King Pro Black wedges.
Ping Vault Dale Head

19

#590 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

I try to play fortnite. Hit me up bro. Devinh821


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#591 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostOlson12, on 29 June 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

View Postkalamazoo, on 29 June 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postmoegolfer11, on 29 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I use duel pistols for mid range then rush with tac subs/tac shotguns. Assault rifles/sub machine guns got buffed. Shotguns got nerfed.

Subs got super buffed. The white silenced smg is my new favorite weapon ��

Tell me about it!  I'll use the grey silenced smg over a green AR!

Completely agree. I've left legendary dual pistols on the ground to grab a gray Sub SMG.

Who is pumped for the new golf course, and buggies on the map?
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
Cobra F7 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
MD Forged 56* S200
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

21

#592 BA_Luck

BA_Luck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500542
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostBelmont148, on 12 July 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

View PostOlson12, on 29 June 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

View Postkalamazoo, on 29 June 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postmoegolfer11, on 29 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I use duel pistols for mid range then rush with tac subs/tac shotguns. Assault rifles/sub machine guns got buffed. Shotguns got nerfed.

Subs got super buffed. The white silenced smg is my new favorite weapon ��

Tell me about it!  I'll use the grey silenced smg over a green AR!

Completely agree. I've left legendary dual pistols on the ground to grab a gray Sub SMG.

Who is pumped for the new golf course, and buggies on the map?
Seems a little underwhelming for the hype built behind it, but I'm assuming there will be massive map changes through season 5 with the whole worlds collide theme.

22

#593 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostBA_Luck, on 12 July 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

View PostBelmont148, on 12 July 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

View PostOlson12, on 29 June 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

View Postkalamazoo, on 29 June 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postmoegolfer11, on 29 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I use duel pistols for mid range then rush with tac subs/tac shotguns. Assault rifles/sub machine guns got buffed. Shotguns got nerfed.

Subs got super buffed. The white silenced smg is my new favorite weapon ��

Tell me about it!  I'll use the grey silenced smg over a green AR!

Completely agree. I've left legendary dual pistols on the ground to grab a gray Sub SMG.

Who is pumped for the new golf course, and buggies on the map?
Seems a little underwhelming for the hype built behind it, but I'm assuming there will be massive map changes through season 5 with the whole worlds collide theme.

Definitely evolutionary changes, nothing revolutionary. Since I just got into it at the end of season 4, i'm happy with the skins and value of this season for just jumping in. Should be fun.
Current Bag:

G400 SFT 10* Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60TS
Cobra F7 3W Aldila Rogue Silver 70S
F6 Baffler 17.5* Aldila Rogue Black 70 stiff
Ping G25 3H and 4H Stock R Flex
Ping I200 5-UW Project X LZ 5.5
MD Forged 56* S200
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

23

#594 Olson12

Olson12

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:41 PM

I'm shocked you would say underwhelming.  I know people were hoping for a full map change but in my mind that would have been a huge mistake.  The golf carts in the game look like so much fun!  That is a huge game changer,  there are also portals everywhere that will drop you from the sky so you can escape the storm quickly.  

I personally can't wait to go home and play as much as I can.
Cobra F8+ 8* with Project X T1100
Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Utility One Length 24* Ctaper Lite
S55 6- PW
Cobra 50* 54* 60* King Pro Black wedges.
Ping Vault Dale Head

24

#595 kalamazoo

kalamazoo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132012
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Golf carts are now the most OP thing in the game. Love it.


25

#596 kalamazoo

kalamazoo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132012
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Got to play Season 5 for about 15mins before the game crashed and now itís totally down. Typical start for new seasons.

26

#597 Olson12

Olson12

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116028
  • Joined: 10/11/2010
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:4.7
  • Ebay ID:blakewolson12
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:23 AM

View Postkalamazoo, on 12 July 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Golf carts are now the most OP thing in the game. Love it.

You really think so?  I thought so at first but realized that all you have to do is shoot at the cart and as long as your hitting the cart in does damage to everyone in the cart.  I feel like that makes it pretty fair.

I think the Rifts are OP though.  Baically you'll never die from storm damage again.
Cobra F8+ 8* with Project X T1100
Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
Cobra Utility One Length 24* Ctaper Lite
S55 6- PW
Cobra 50* 54* 60* King Pro Black wedges.
Ping Vault Dale Head

27

#598 BA_Luck

BA_Luck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500542
  • Joined: 04/30/2018
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostOlson12, on 12 July 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I'm shocked you would say underwhelming.  I know people were hoping for a full map change but in my mind that would have been a huge mistake.  The golf carts in the game look like so much fun!  That is a huge game changer,  there are also portals everywhere that will drop you from the sky so you can escape the storm quickly.  

I personally can't wait to go home and play as much as I can.
Well I said that before I played. After my obligatory hour of waiting to get into the game. It was a ton of fun. The new locations should be named potato city.

28



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors