Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

side saddle putters - what putter are you using?

219 replies to this topic

#181 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

Beef is my spirit animal...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Handicap:+0.4
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 447

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

View PostPGATourDriven, on 13 June 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

I would like everyones opinion on this. I am left handed; but golf right handed, and am right eye dominant. I have both right and left handed Side Saddle putters. I would think using a left handed version would make the most sense as you need to have a throwing a ball towards the hole motion and if I were to throw a ball towards a hole I would do this left handed. However on older side saddle threads it has been recommended to try and use an opposite handed version putter. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

To me, the eye dominance is negated by the act of side saddling, as you're looking at the hole and ball without a "lead" eye, but both eyes at the same time.  I'd just say use whatever one you feel the most comfortable with honestly.  If you're left handed and its your dominate hand, I'd figure use your left hand.

Ping G30 LS 9* - Ping i25 14* & 18* - Adams 9031 23* -  Ping G25 5-W  - Ping Gorge 50*, 54*, 60*-  Bobby Grace Let's Face It

Coming Soon....

Ping G400 8.5* LST - Ping i25 14* - Adams 9031 18* & 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#182 bluedot

bluedot

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85265
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 927

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 13 June 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

I would like everyones opinion on this. I am left handed; but golf right handed, and am right eye dominant. I have both right and left handed Side Saddle putters. I would think using a left handed version would make the most sense as you need to have a throwing a ball towards the hole motion and if I were to throw a ball towards a hole I would do this left handed. However on older side saddle threads it has been recommended to try and use an opposite handed version putter. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

To me, the eye dominance is negated by the act of side saddling, as you're looking at the hole and ball without a "lead" eye, but both eyes at the same time.  I'd just say use whatever one you feel the most comfortable with honestly.  If you're left handed and its your dominate hand, I'd figure use your left hand.

I'm left handed, play golf right handed, and am LEFT eye dominant.  FWIW, I agree with J-Tizzle that this problem pretty much goes out the window with sidesaddle; the whole thing is binocular, which is one of, if not THE, biggest advantage.

But to be honest, I'm not even sure that the eye dominance thing is really the issue in conventional putting vision.  I think the real issue is parallax error, and I have never read anything that says that you can lessen that by which side of the ball you stand on.  I'm willing to be corrected on that, of course, but I've never seen anything to that effect.

As to whether you should putt righty or lefty, I think I'd let my body decide that.  I'd bet that if you practice some both ways, one or the other will pretty quickly feel more comfortable. Maybe the hand you bowl with or shoot a basketball with or throw darts with?

#183 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365567
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:21 PM

Thank you everyone for the quick replies. I will go to the range tomorrow and do some extensive practice with both right and left handed side saddle putters. I'm thinking left handed is the way to go.
Taylormade 200 steel S-90 steel shaft
Srixon Z U65 2 iron
Pinhawk 4 hybrid Apollo steel
1 Iron SL pro line 5-LW
Juanputt 43 in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

#184 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

Just a quick update as I'm at the range right now I'm using my left handed 43 in JuanPutt and it is solid. 3ft circle drill is going well. Looking at the hole the entire time is the way to go for me.Just trying to figure out he bottom hand grip. I'm going with the pencil grip and that's working well. Lag putting is getting better practice makes perfect. I'm not using any conventional putters anymore. They are going in the basement. Posted Image
Srixon Z U65 2 iron
1 Iron SL pro line 5-LW
Juanputt 43 in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

#185 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

Just got a STX 43.5 in red insert sidesaddle putter from eBay. Just got it re gripped and going to test it out against the JuanPutt. I figured if Randy Haag swears by it I might as well give it a shot.

Srixon Z U65 2 iron
1 Iron SL pro line 5-LW
Juanputt 43 in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

#186 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

So I just played a round with the STX putter and I did not care for the putter at all. I prefer a harder feeling putter face and the Juan Putter delivers that for me. The red insert of the STX putter was way too soft for my liking it felt like hitting a marshmallow and this was the firmest insert they made. The sound at impact is very muted and I could not tell how hard I was hitting the golfball. So the JuanPutt is in the bag to stay and the STX is going in the basement. It was a cheap experiment so I'm not mad about not using this putter.
Srixon Z U65 2 iron
1 Iron SL pro line 5-LW
Juanputt 43 in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

#187 Ripper212

Ripper212

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238823
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

I finally broke down and bought a Bobby Grace since J-Tizzle wouldn't sell me his and love everything about it so far. Honeymoon is on. Can't wait to list my conventional putters in the classifieds! Asked Bobby Grace if he had a used one. Sold me a new one at reasonable discount since it had a "noticeable ding" - apparently one that only he could notice. Very nice to deal with.

Experimenting with stance - may settle on left foot forward. Think I just see everything better that way and it feels more natural. Anyone else try that?

#188 BigEx44

BigEx44

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326639
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:19 AM

View PostRipper212, on 26 June 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

I finally broke down and bought a Bobby Grace since J-Tizzle wouldn't sell me his and love everything about it so far. Honeymoon is on. Can't wait to list my conventional putters in the classifieds! Asked Bobby Grace if he had a used one. Sold me a new one at reasonable discount since it had a "noticeable ding" - apparently one that only he could notice. Very nice to deal with.

Experimenting with stance - may settle on left foot forward. Think I just see everything better that way and it feels more natural. Anyone else try that?

I love the Bobby Grace LFI putter too.  I have a DF putter which is also excellent - but it hasn't yet been able to knock my Bobby Grace out of the bag.

I definitely use my right leg forward as it's easier to get my weight on my right side and my head over the line.  It also let's me use my right foot as a rail guide.  I set my right foot up so it's parallel to my aim line.  That almost forces me to use a straight back, straight through stroke because if my putter head comes inside at all it'll hit my foot!!  It's like my right foot becomes a training aid that I can use on the course...lol....

#189 Ripper212

Ripper212

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238823
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

View PostBigEx44, on 27 June 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

I love the Bobby Grace LFI putter too.  I have a DF putter which is also excellent - but it hasn't yet been able to knock my Bobby Grace out of the bag.

I definitely use my right leg forward as it's easier to get my weight on my right side and my head over the line.  It also let's me use my right foot as a rail guide.  I set my right foot up so it's parallel to my aim line.  That almost forces me to use a straight back, straight through stroke because if my putter head comes inside at all it'll hit my foot!!  It's like my right foot becomes a training aid that I can use on the course...lol....

I set up with my right foot parallel to target line but with left foot forward and closer to the hole. Right foot can still be a guide as you described, but feel more balanced this way. Lots of options. Have you tried using the LFI armlock style for longer putts? Tried it that way for long putts from the fringe but need more practice.

#190 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hahaha sorry!

I try to focus on making sure the line on my ball is directly where I want to hit the ball.  Then I set up my feet parallel to the line on the ball, then set the putter down with my right hand (right handed) and make sure its as vertical as possible.  Grab the top with my left hand, step my left foot back.  Take a good long look at the hole, back down to the ball to make sure my alignment hasn't adjusted, one last quick glance at the hole, then back down to the ball and putt.  Sounds long and drawn out, but honestly, once the line on the ball is where I want it, it takes like 5-10 seconds max.  I know people say they look at the hole while putting side saddle, but this is something I felt 0 comfort doing so I don't do it.

Ping G30 LS 9* - Ping i25 14* & 18* - Adams 9031 23* -  Ping G25 5-W  - Ping Gorge 50*, 54*, 60*-  Bobby Grace Let's Face It

Coming Soon....

Ping G400 8.5* LST - Ping i25 14* - Adams 9031 18* & 23* - Ping I200 5-W - Ping Gorge 2.0 50*, 56* (@ 55*), 60* - Bobby Grace Let's Face It.  

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#191 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

Just a general question.

Anyone try using an old long putter cut down to side saddle?  The options for side saddling are a bit limited, and i just wondered, if like you found an old Ping Craz-E center shafted long putter, how it would work?  I tried to look up on Ping's website to see the lie angle of the Craz-E, but didn't have any luck since they changed their website to the crap it is now.  I'd guess it would be about the same thing, especailly if you wanted to send it back to Ping and have the lie angle adjusted to damn near 80*.

Coming Soon....

#192 brentflog

brentflog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 329445
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 27 June 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Just a general question.

Anyone try using an old long putter cut down to side saddle?  The options for side saddling are a bit limited, and i just wondered, if like you found an old Ping Craz-E center shafted long putter, how it would work?  I tried to look up on Ping's website to see the lie angle of the Craz-E, but didn't have any luck since they changed their website to the crap it is now.  I'd guess it would be about the same thing, especailly if you wanted to send it back to Ping and have the lie angle adjusted to damn near 80*.

Yes. This is a great way to try side saddle. Most long putters are about 78 degrees so that will be close enough for most. I still like the Juanputt because the shaft inserts in the middle of the putter to create almost a reverse offset.

#193 hardpan1

hardpan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141991
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

Just a general question.

I cut this one down from 48" to 42"...nice balance, decent roll but not as tight as I "want"

Posted Image

#194 hardpan1

hardpan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

View Postbrentflog, on 27 June 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Just a general question.

Yes. This is a great way to try side saddle. Most long putters are about 78 degrees so that will be close enough for most. I still like the Juanputt because the shaft inserts in the middle of the putter to create almost a reverse offset.

This is what I'm using now, a bobby grace macgregor v foil...similar in looks to the LFI but not the Real deal...gotta get the LFI or DF, money for one only, and I putt left hand (very hard to unload)...puts an Excellent roll on the ball.

Posted Image

Edited by hardpan1, 27 June 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#195 bluedot

bluedot

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

Just a general question.

I have a buddy that has been putting with a Ping long putter (the one that looks like a hot dog, whatever that number is) for over two years now.  He started using it when he converted from conventional and has never really tried anything else.  It already had a 79* lie angle, so there were no alterations necessary.

The only thing that bothers me a little about that is the visual of the shaft interfering with seeing the ball.  All the putters that are made specifically for side saddle have the shaft set back from the leading edge.  That said, I doubt it actually interferes with the stroke itself.

#196 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

View Postbluedot, on 28 June 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

Just a general question.

I have a buddy that has been putting with a Ping long putter (the one that looks like a hot dog, whatever that number is) for over two years now.  He started using it when he converted from conventional and has never really tried anything else.  It already had a 79* lie angle, so there were no alterations necessary.

The only thing that bothers me a little about that is the visual of the shaft interfering with seeing the ball.  All the putters that are made specifically for side saddle have the shaft set back from the leading edge.  That said, I doubt it actually interferes with the stroke itself.

Very true.  I also think Randy Haag uses one of those old STX putters and the shaft is just set a tiny behind the face, but overall its just a long putter he stands beside.  I might look around and try it, I'm not a huge fan of the Juan and want a little different look from the LFI for just a change of pace.

Coming Soon....

#197 hardpan1

hardpan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 28 June 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Just a general question.

Very true.  I also think Randy Haag uses one of those old STX putters and the shaft is just set a tiny behind the face, but overall its just a long putter he stands beside.  I might look around and try it, I'm not a huge fan of the Juan and want a little different look from the LFI for just a change of pace.

I bought a STX like R.Haag, just to see...him using one that long tells me how good he really is...puts a great roll on the ball but requires a good stroke, not forgiving on heel/toe hits, compared to a mallet...still fun to use now and then.

#198 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

View Posthardpan1, on 28 June 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Just a general question.

I bought a STX like R.Haag, just to see...him using one that long tells me how good he really is...puts a great roll on the ball but requires a good stroke, not forgiving on heel/toe hits, compared to a mallet...still fun to use now and then.

I just bought one and took it to the course and I have the red insert l which is the firmest insert they make,and I thought it was super soft. What insert do you have? And do you think it is too soft? I do like the putter shape itself but not too sure about the insert. I'm probably going to give it another go before I stick with my JuanPutt.
Srixon Z U65 2 iron
1 Iron SL pro line 5-LW
Juanputt 43 in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

#199 hardpan1

hardpan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostPGATourDriven, on 02 July 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

View Posthardpan1, on 28 June 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Just a general question.

I just bought one and took it to the course and I have the red insert l which is the firmest insert they make,and I thought it was super soft. What insert do you have? And do you think it is too soft? I do like the putter shape itself but not too sure about the insert. I'm probably going to give it another go before I stick with my JuanPutt.

I have the green insert, it is firm enough for our local greens that stimp 7-9 (I read on hackersparadise that black was softest, red medium, green firm but have not found that info anywhere else. https://www.thehacke...ces-new-putters   BTW, keep me in mind for any of your Left Hand discards, I'm always in the market :)

Edited by hardpan1, 02 July 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#200 MondoJ

MondoJ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 362481
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

Just a general question.

I use a rife two bar with minimum lie change from stock as a rest. I like it.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#201 hardpan1

hardpan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

View Postbluedot, on 13 June 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

I'm left handed, play golf right handed, and am LEFT eye dominant.  FWIW, I agree with J-Tizzle that this problem pretty much goes out the window with sidesaddle; the whole thing is binocular, which is one of, if not THE, biggest advantage.

But to be honest, I'm not even sure that the eye dominance thing is really the issue in conventional putting vision.  I think the real issue is parallax error, and I have never read anything that says that you can lessen that by which side of the ball you stand on.  I'm willing to be corrected on that, of course, but I've never seen anything to that effect.

As to whether you should putt righty or lefty, I think I'd let my body decide that.  I'd bet that if you practice some both ways, one or the other will pretty quickly feel more comfortable. Maybe the hand you bowl with or shoot a basketball with or throw darts with?

Directed Force still firmly in the bag?  I still can't decide DF or LFI, dang!

#202 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

I've got a retail LFI that I'll be listing for sale sometime this week in the BST.  If interested, let me know.

Sticking with my prototype version thats silver headed and solid faced.  Like the putter but the insert wasn't for me.

Coming Soon....

#203 bluedot

bluedot

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

View Posthardpan1, on 05 July 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

View Postbluedot, on 13 June 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Directed Force still firmly in the bag?  I still can't decide DF or LFI, dang!

Yes, the DF is still the putter of choice for me.  I pulled the JuanPutt out of the closet a few days ago just to hit some putts on the carpet for comparison, and just felt better with the DF.  I actually like the lighter head, as it turns out.

#204 bluedot

bluedot

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

I do think that there is sort of a knack to correctly using the Directed Force that forces me to be a little bit more "intentional" with my setup that I was with other putters.  And that's not a bad thing...

The technology of the DF only works completely I think IF the putter is sitting squarely at the lie angle for which it was balanced.  If the heel or toe is off the ground, the lie angle has changed and the balance isn't quite as accurate.  This may only be by a tiny increment, but I've missed putts by tiny increments for 50 years now!

Speaking only for myself, there is a tendency to creep toward holding the putter a little more vertically when putting face on, which puts the heel of the putter slightly off the ground.  I don't think that's a bad way to putt with the other putters, but I think it may negate some of the technology advantage of the DF.  So I have to concentrate on making sure that my front foot (I have my right foot forward putting right handed) is approx. 6" off the line so that I can leave the putter soled and have my right arm swinging on one plane back and thru.

I have to clean that up from time to time, as with any part of golf; "setup creep" is a problem for EVERY club.  But when you get it right with the DF putter, the feel on the forward stroke thru the ball and toward the hole is completely unique, and well worth the trouble.

#205 bobcat

bobcat

Avid Golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
GolfWRX Likes : 673

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

For a side saddle putting stroke, try this one!... :taunt:

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM V-Steel T/S (Tour Spoon) 13* - 43.25" Fuji Vista Pro 90 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM UDI's 16* (#1), 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

#206 BigEx44

BigEx44

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

View Postbluedot, on 07 July 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

I do think that there is sort of a knack to correctly using the Directed Force that forces me to be a little bit more "intentional" with my setup that I was with other putters.  And that's not a bad thing...

The technology of the DF only works completely I think IF the putter is sitting squarely at the lie angle for which it was balanced.  If the heel or toe is off the ground, the lie angle has changed and the balance isn't quite as accurate.  This may only be by a tiny increment, but I've missed putts by tiny increments for 50 years now!

Speaking only for myself, there is a tendency to creep toward holding the putter a little more vertically when putting face on, which puts the heel of the putter slightly off the ground.  I don't think that's a bad way to putt with the other putters, but I think it may negate some of the technology advantage of the DF.  So I have to concentrate on making sure that my front foot (I have my right foot forward putting right handed) is approx. 6" off the line so that I can leave the putter soled and have my right arm swinging on one plane back and thru.

I have to clean that up from time to time, as with any part of golf; "setup creep" is a problem for EVERY club.  But when you get it right with the DF putter, the feel on the forward stroke thru the ball and toward the hole is completely unique, and well worth the trouble.

Yes.  Interesting.  I think I discovered the same thing.
When I initially got my DF, I found it wasn't performing as well as my LFI putter.  So it wasn't my "gamer".
Then I went out and played a par 3 with my daughter and I decided to take my DF putter for fun - and it seemed like I made everything.
And the difference was that I started lining up my DF from behind the ball while making sure it was soled totally flat (it felt like it could almost stand on its own).
Then I simply came up, got into my stance, an only picked the putter up off the ground when I was ready to make my stroke.
It was then that I finally felt that "the putter wanting to stay on line"" feeling.
I then used the DF in my league a few days later and continued to putt vey well with it.
This soling the putter flat made a huge difference, because like you, I usually play my SS putters just a little bit more vertical with the heel just slightly off the ground.
Needless to say, my DF is now officially in the bag!

#207 hardpan1

hardpan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:53 PM

View Postbluedot, on 07 July 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

bluedot,  thank you Very much for your insight/feedback, valuable information.   It looks like I will be getting a DF as I convinced my boss (the head pro) to become a DF Fitter...being a pga member will get me a discount, hell yeah! :) We will have a fitting cart with the weights,tools,etc....I might even be able to figure how to weight/balance it to be able to use a more upright position despite the 79* fixed legal lie and heel being a touch off the ground (it's possible? maybe?) ...anyway, some fun stuff coming up for this old clubmaker.

Edited by hardpan1, 08 July 2017 - 10:24 PM.

#208 BigEx44

BigEx44

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Oh man - my DF putter is really coming on now!!
I played 18 today and broke 80 for the first time in my life by shooting a 78.
Strongly contributing to that score was the fact I only had 29 putts today.
I was money inside of 8' and lagged really well.  Not a single 3 putt.
I think I'm falling in love!

#209 PGATourDriven

PGATourDriven

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

View PostBigEx44, on 10 July 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Just curious as to how you ordered a SS DF putter. I see they only go up to 38 inches and I would like one at 43. I also don't see a split grip option. I do see at the bottom of the website that they say there is a $50 split grip up charge but I don't see an option for that when choosing a grip. If I have to email them for a custom order just curious as to how I would go about trying to purchase one. Also if you could post some photos of the DF putter that would be awesome.
Srixon Z U65 2 iron
1 Iron SL pro line 5-LW
Juanputt 43 in
Pinnacle Gold Ball
Ping Hoofer Carry Bag

#210 BigEx44

BigEx44

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:39 AM

View PostPGATourDriven, on 10 July 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

View PostBigEx44, on 10 July 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Just curious as to how you ordered a SS DF putter. I see they only go up to 38 inches and I would like one at 43. I also don't see a split grip option. I do see at the bottom of the website that they say there is a $50 split grip up charge but I don't see an option for that when choosing a grip. If I have to email them for a custom order just curious as to how I would go about trying to purchase one. Also if you could post some photos of the DF putter that would be awesome.

I used their "contact us" to send an email.  You end up talking to Bill Presse himself.  He told me what to do (I think you end up requesting the specs you want in a comments section when ordering).  My putter is 46".  Has a split grip too (you can tell him where you want the lower grip).  It's an expensive putter but I'm beginning to discover its worth every penny!

I'm heading off to Scotland - so need to get going - but will try to post some pictures when I get back.  Maybe bluedot can post some pictures of his I the meantime? He has a DF SS too.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors