Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Biomech Acculock Ace Review

biomech acculock ace

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wcm115

wcm115

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105175
  • Handicap:+0.9
  • Ebay ID:coreymays
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

Warning: The following review will sound like I am affiliated with Biomech (I am not) and will contain some passive bragging (sorry I am just excited)

Bought one off the BST a couple of months ago. I love it. This is not the kind of putter you go to if you are already a great putter. You are signaling to the rest of the world that you have some putting demons. My playing partners say it looks like I am putting with a garden hoe. Doesn't matter to me as long as they say it while they are handing me their money.

Setup
The setup of this putter is extremely weird at first. It took a solid week before I really got comfortable with it. It was mainly the armlock part of the putter that felt weird. I think the main problem is that my putter is only 41" and according to the website, with my height, I should have a 43" putter. I finally remedied it by gripping down on the putter almost to the steel. There is a helpful video on their website somewhere. The hole in the middle of the putter is to make sure that it is flat on the ground when you set up (also, you can pick a golf ball up with it). The stroke required is definitely straight back and straight through. This is due to the upright lie angle of the putter.

Feel
It has a solid feel. It is different than milled stainless steel (it is aluminum). If you hit the sweetspot it feels no different than a Scotty, but if you miss it a little it will make a "tink" sound that is customary with aluminum putters.

Overall Impressions:
I feel like I am using more of my hand eye coordination to putt, instead of trying to be too mechanical. Last weekend, I had my lowest round ever (bogey free (-7) 65) and won my Club Championship. Most of this was due to anything inside of 8ft being automatic. I am also making more 15' to 20'. I believe most of this is due to being able to see my line better with an open stance. I have putted with an open stance before and liked it, but my stroke did not put the best roll on the ball. This putter is designed to be used with an open stance and puts a really good roll on the ball with a sbst stroke. If you have struggled with your putting and can handle a little ribbing, I would try one of these out.

Complete Overhaul In Progress (might be epic)
Iblades 3-pw px 6.0
Vokey SM5 50*
MD2 56* and 60*
Rife Iconic
Bushnell Pro X7
b330s

"I read greens on a 3rd Grade Level"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 aue21

aue21

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1159
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

I'm trying to stick with mine, a really good concept, I thimk the color is a negative but the principle is solid

#3 thomasnoles

thomasnoles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349587
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

have you tried other armlock putters before?
Cobra ZL Encore
Callaway x2 Hot 3deep
Adams v3 '3 iron'
Wilson Staff v4 Utility 4 iron
Wilson Staff v4 5-pw
Titleist Vokey 52,56,60
Odyssey armlock
Srixon z*

#4 pierso2

pierso2

Shooters Shoot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222023
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1010

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:17 PM

Any other long term reviews?
Option 1
Taylormade M4 9.5 Tensei CK Blue 70x
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2

#5 Wolf4birdie

Wolf4birdie

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97665
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

I've struggled with putting in the last year or so...   Ball striking has been very good but just not rolling the ball very well.

So in a latch ditch effort I ordered the Acculock.  My putting is night and day better in the limited use I've had.  

I'm left eye dominant, so I've always had trouble lining the ball up.   This allows me to get right on top of the ball and open the stance up a little.  It just allows me to see the line so much better.   It's also an effortless type putting motion.  I've found that my backstroke with the putter head is WAY shorter and much more efficient.  I'm accelerating through the ball so much better.

It's really changed the way I'm rolling the ball in the limited time I've had it..   Played Thursday and I had 13 putts on the back.  2 birdies in the 10-15 foot range that I just poured in.

If you're doing research on this putter I would suggest giving it a try.  I love it so far.

#6 Wolf4birdie

Wolf4birdie

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97665
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

FYI, I like it so much I had Delilah make me a custom head cover for it..  So she know has the template for this monster.

Another thing I'll add is the name Acculock isn't that great.  The company could have done a better job with the name.   My playing partners have nicknamed it the monkey wrench.

Edited by Wolf4birdie, 27 February 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#7 bghanson7p

bghanson7p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120009
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:bghanson7p75hf
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

So I have used the Acculock Ace for about a year now and find that for the amount time I am able to give to my game these days this putter is perfect.
I agree with previous posts that getting set up is the hardest part of using the putter, but once you do it feels like the way you should be setting up to everything.
The best part of this putter is its ability to assist getting long putts on line.  My lag putting has improved tremendously and from 5 feet and in I am much better.
The only thing I would warn is that you need to spend a little more time than usual before each round working on speed.  Using the putter makes striking the ball much easier so speed becomes paramount.  I had a round the other day where I hit every putt exactly on the line I chose and I didn't sniff the hole.  My speed was terrible, and it is highlighted when you strike each putt on line and still don't even come close to making anything.
My overall review is that for especially someone who has little time to work on their game this putter is a game changer, but a little more time before each round is necessary to get the whole benefit.  
As a followup, I have bought three of these things and keep them in my garage to make sure if one breaks I have backups.  I have heard stories that the angle of the putter head makes it easier for them to come apart.  I think this comes from leaning on the putter when not in use, and if you understand where the pressure is being applied, it is not an issue, but I can easily see how someone can snap it.
TM M2 10.5 degree, Graphite Design AD-DI 6X Black 45"
Titleist 915F 16.5 degree, Fujikura P95 X-Stiff 42.5"
Titleist 816H2 21 degree, Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8 TS
4, 5,6,7,8,9,PW,GW
Nike VR_S Covert Forged Irons, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
SW, LW
Edel hand ground wedges 55, 59 degree, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Putter
Biomech Acculock Ace 41"

#8 kenstl

kenstl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171651
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 162

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

View Postwcm115, on 08 July 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

Warning: The following review will sound like I am affiliated with Biomech (I am not) and will contain some passive bragging (sorry I am just excited)

Bought one off the BST a couple of months ago. I love it. This is not the kind of putter you go to if you are already a great putter. You are signaling to the rest of the world that you have some putting demons. My playing partners say it looks like I am putting with a garden hoe. Doesn't matter to me as long as they say it while they are handing me their money.

Setup
The setup of this putter is extremely weird at first. It took a solid week before I really got comfortable with it. It was mainly the armlock part of the putter that felt weird. I think the main problem is that my putter is only 41" and according to the website, with my height, I should have a 43" putter. I finally remedied it by gripping down on the putter almost to the steel. There is a helpful video on their website somewhere. The hole in the middle of the putter is to make sure that it is flat on the ground when you set up (also, you can pick a golf ball up with it). The stroke required is definitely straight back and straight through. This is due to the upright lie angle of the putter.

Feel
It has a solid feel. It is different than milled stainless steel (it is aluminum). If you hit the sweetspot it feels no different than a Scotty, but if you miss it a little it will make a "tink" sound that is customary with aluminum putters.

Overall Impressions:
I feel like I am using more of my hand eye coordination to putt, instead of trying to be too mechanical. Last weekend, I had my lowest round ever (bogey free (-7) 65) and won my Club Championship. Most of this was due to anything inside of 8ft being automatic. I am also making more 15' to 20'. I believe most of this is due to being able to see my line better with an open stance. I have putted with an open stance before and liked it, but my stroke did not put the best roll on the ball. This putter is designed to be used with an open stance and puts a really good roll on the ball with a sbst stroke. If you have struggled with your putting and can handle a little ribbing, I would try one of these out.

Just curious, are you still using the AccuLock putter?  I just picked one up and only have one round in so far, but I plan on using it for the next 10 rounds to see how it goes.  I am just curious if you are setting up with the putter just like they state in their training video, or if you have found another method that works well for you.
Cobra LTD
Wishon 929 4 wood
Wishon 775 21 and 24 hybrids
SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
Maltby 60 Deg
Seemore 37" Carona Del Mar X4

#9 kenstl

kenstl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:35 AM

Are there any other Acculock Ace putter users out there?  I know it is ugly and unorthodox'd looking, but man you can really get the putts started on line.  I have recently been using it with a line with small cross line on the ball and all I can say is wow...

I play with a lot of different guys in our league and I truly believe that many would benefit from trying an arm lock putter, of any kind or brand.  I know almost all will not try something different, just because it is "different" from the norm.   I see so many guys with bad tempo, wrists opening or closing at impact, pushes and pulls on short putts etc.  We count putts a lot and I see so many guys with 16-20 putts for 9 holes and the guys with 16 putts are not hitting a lot of GIR so there are lot of missed putts under 6'.  

The link below is great story on Webb Simpson and his improvement since going to an arm lock putter, and it also mentions a few of the other players using the style.  

https://sports.yahoo...-231131641.html

If you ever think you are "giving away" some strokes due to good reads but bad application of your stroke from 10' and in, give an arm lock putter a try, you might surprise yourself.
Cobra LTD
Wishon 929 4 wood
SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
Maltby 60 Deg

#10 KSP

KSP

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216831
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:22 PM

Another Biomechanics Acculock user here.  Iíve had one for maybe 2 months and have golfed a lot in that time.  Typically, Iíve been a relatively poor putter.  I get in streaks where I miss short putts, and I get in streaks where I lag poorly.  I have over a dozen putters in my house, and rotate thru them at least once a month, if not weekly.  

I finally decided to try something different and picked up a biomech.   I had an odyssey armlock putter from 5 years ago but never was able to feel comfortable with it.   The biomech is lighter and more upright than the odyssey.

Anyway, I can say that my putting from inside of 10 feet has improved dramatically.   From 3-6 feet I was always very shaky.   Now, I am fairly confident from this range, and without a doubt much improved.   From 10-20 feet I would say Iím a small to moderate amount better.   However, lag putts from 30 feet plus are harder.  

Also, Iíve found it actually easier to hit quicker or downhill putts.  Iíve had more struggles leaving long uphill lags either 8 feet short or blasting it 8 feet past in order to compensate.  

That said, my lagging has improved over time.  Itís obviously trickier because of the way it locks to your arm and requires all shoulder to power your stroke.  

All in all, Iíve found this biotech putter has significantly improved my putting and overall scoring.  Iíve basically grown used to the fact that I would miss a few short par putts and miss a few 10 foot birdie putts every round.  With the biotech Iím happily pleased to see those outside the cup 5 footers lip in, and drain a decent number of my 10-15 footers.

Edited by KSP, 09 October 2018 - 07:25 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 kenstl

kenstl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

View PostKSP, on 09 October 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Another Biomechanics Acculock user here.  I've had one for maybe 2 months and have golfed a lot in that time.  Typically, I've been a relatively poor putter.  I get in streaks where I miss short putts, and I get in streaks where I lag poorly.  I have over a dozen putters in my house, and rotate thru them at least once a month, if not weekly.  

I finally decided to try something different and picked up a biomech.   I had an odyssey armlock putter from 5 years ago but never was able to feel comfortable with it.   The biomech is lighter and more upright than the odyssey.

Anyway, I can say that my putting from inside of 10 feet has improved dramatically.   From 3-6 feet I was always very shaky.   Now, I am fairly confident from this range, and without a doubt much improved.   From 10-20 feet I would say I'm a small to moderate amount better.   However, lag putts from 30 feet plus are harder.  

Also, I've found it actually easier to hit quicker or downhill putts.  I've had more struggles leaving long uphill lags either 8 feet short or blasting it 8 feet past in order to compensate.  

That said, my lagging has improved over time.  It's obviously trickier because of the way it locks to your arm and requires all shoulder to power your stroke.  

All in all, I've found this biotech putter has significantly improved my putting and overall scoring.  I've basically grown used to the fact that I would miss a few short par putts and miss a few 10 foot birdie putts every round.  With the biotech I'm happily pleased to see those outside the cup 5 footers lip in, and drain a decent number of my 10-15 footers.

Do you put with the BioMech with an open stance as they show on their website, or a regular square to the line stance?  I started out with the open stance but have also been trying sure to the ball stance and getting good results, just curious of your process.
Cobra LTD
Wishon 929 4 wood
SL Sterling Irons 6-SW
Maltby 60 Deg

#12 KSP

KSP

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216831
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:10 PM

I putt with the open stance, very much like the way they recommend. I place the ball back of center, but just ahead of my rear foot.  

Iíve never used the same putter for a whole season, but Iím fairly confident that I will be using this putter for a long long time.

Also tagged with biomech, acculock, ace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors