Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Warrick's WITB - 2017 Season wrap - new items en route....


190 replies to this topic

#181 compton1977

compton1977

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100233
  • Joined: 12/14/2009
  • Location:London/Basrah
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:44 AM

Nice, thanks Warrick. Think I'll go 4 and 5 fli hi and the 900f's stay put!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#182 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3752

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

 compton1977, on 03 November 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

Nice, thanks Warrick. Think I'll go 4 and 5 fli hi and the 900f's stay put!

I think you and your wallet will be happy.   There was just not anything that made me think a switch was needed.

The slightly jacked lofts on the 900F just work for me, gaps are in place.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Fli-Hi - LZ 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900F - PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

2

#183 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3752

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

My 2 Tensei Pro Orange shafts (60s-70s) for diver and 3+ are getting finished at lunch today, gonna tough it out for a couple rounds in the 50's this weekend to test, then the the 20's and 30's are coming next week, may be shut down for the season outdoors.

I have never really hit a "high end' shaft, stoked for this trial.

Edited by Warrick, 03 November 2017 - 07:18 AM.

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Fli-Hi - LZ 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900F - PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

3

#184 compton1977

compton1977

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100233
  • Joined: 12/14/2009
  • Location:London/Basrah
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:30 AM

 Warrick, on 03 November 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

 compton1977, on 03 November 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

Nice, thanks Warrick. Think I'll go 4 and 5 fli hi and the 900f's stay put!

I think you and your wallet will be happy.   There was just not anything that made me think a switch was needed.

The slightly jacked lofts on the 900F just work for me, gaps are in place.

Strong lofts work for me too, always been a high ball hitter. Thanks for the info again.

4

#185 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3752

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Pro Orange shafts are money, playing driver at 47" and 3+ at 44", hit them great today.  The ball just wants to go straight.

I like the fli-hi's more every time I play.  I had 190 in after a perfect drive on a par 5 (was cool 50*), hit the 4 iron to 12 ft.

I am good to go, bag is dead set for 2018, desire nothing, except getting my Epic heads redone at Continental.

Closed season with a 78 with a double.

Great year, best golf of my life, best score ever this season with a 69....

Edited by Warrick, 04 November 2017 - 06:25 PM.

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Fli-Hi - LZ 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900F - PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

5

#186 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:22 AM

As a fellow long time Ctaper guy......how do you feel about the modus 125 and the LZ shafts?

I pulled the 125 I have from the iblades and put them in my backup set of MP68s.  I really like them in the 68s.  I may be able to snag some Epon AF tour blades (currently have X7s in them....beast of a shaft), so thinking of putting the 125X in them.

Cheers,
D
Ping G 10.5 w/Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade 3HL M2 Tour (2017) w/stock KK X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

6

#187 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3752

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

I am quite happy with both, am definitely keeping both sets.  The LZ's are a bit higher launch and spin, but that is what I was looking for.  They really feel good.  My buddy hit a few of my clubs yesterday, said the same, really liked the feel of the LZ.

The Modus is great also, shot my best ever round with them.  They are both easier to play than the 130 Ctaper I was in, and 0 issues with my wrists and forearms this year.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Fli-Hi - LZ 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900F - PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

7

#188 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

Good to know about the LZs.  I wouldn’t want anything higher than the 125.  The 125 is the only shaft i’ve tried to date that seems to have a chance to unseat the Ctapers.  The $tapers are intriguing though.
Ping G 10.5 w/Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade 3HL M2 Tour (2017) w/stock KK X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

8

#189 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3752

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

 DNice26, on 05 November 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Good to know about the LZs.  I wouldn’t want anything higher than the 125.  The 125 is the only shaft i’ve tried to date that seems to have a chance to unseat the Ctapers.  The $tapers are intriguing though.

I have thought about those also, but prefer good no up charge shafts when buying a new set of irons.  I am digging the LZ and Mizuno offers it, so easy call for now.

I am bad....

I sold my Epic 4H and a bunch of used shoes in the last 24 hours, one more item sells, and I am going to just finish out an MP18 combo set with 7-8 MMC and 9-P MB (1* strong) with the LZ 6.0 to match up with my 4-5-6 Flihi.

I knew once I had the 4-5-6 in the flihi, would be tough to resist finishing the set when I only need 7-P.  I need a couple of those blades to put in my bag for certain days....lol.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Fli-Hi - LZ 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900F - PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

9

#190 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

 Warrick, on 06 November 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

 DNice26, on 05 November 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Good to know about the LZs.  I wouldn’t want anything higher than the 125.  The 125 is the only shaft i’ve tried to date that seems to have a chance to unseat the Ctapers.  The $tapers are intriguing though.

I have thought about those also, but prefer good no up charge shafts when buying a new set of irons.  I am digging the LZ and Mizuno offers it, so easy call for now.

I am bad....

I sold my Epic 4H and a bunch of used shoes in the last 24 hours, one more item sells, and I am going to just finish out an MP18 combo set with 7-8 MMC and 9-P MB (1* strong) with the LZ 6.0 to match up with my 4-5-6 Flihi.

I knew once I had the 4-5-6 in the flihi, would be tough to resist finishing the set when I only need 7-P.  I need a couple of those blades to put in my bag for certain days....lol.

Nice.  I thought about buying the fli-his and comboing them up with my MP5s.  I will likely do it...for S+Gs.

Ping G 10.5 w/Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade 3HL M2 Tour (2017) w/stock KK X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#191 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,942 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3752

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

I am infatuated with them....

I have not had a 4 iron in my bag in 4-5 years, and never get too excited about hitting a 5, until lately.....

I cleaned that 4 iron 200 in 50* weather off the turf twice on the par 5 18th last weekend.

I am sad the off season has arrived in the Midwest.....

Edited by Warrick, 06 November 2017 - 05:39 PM.

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Fli-Hi - LZ 6.0
Mizuno JPX 900F - PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors