Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Special Stuff - Hogan Bounce Sole, Tommy Armour MacGregor VFQs, Toney Penna Woods

Hogan slazenger macgregor toney penna

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 ScooterMcTavish

ScooterMcTavish

Staying away from thrift stores....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61226
GolfWRX Likes : 1473

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

Well guys, need to keep unloading stuff, so thought I'd try a couple more sets.

#1 - Slazenger Hogan Bounce Sole - These appear to be a difficult to find club, especially as I cannot find the 7i.  The previous owner had the same issue.  Bit of a mixed bag here.  The good - heads are in decent shape, with the worst dings on the top line.  Clubs all have matching grips.  The bad - shafts don't match as the 8 and E have True Temper Pro Fit shafts, the bands on the apex are damaged so I don't know the flex (3?), and there is a little surface rust on them.  Thought I'd offer them here first due to their scarcity, and have no idea of their value.

It costs me $33 US to ship a set of irons to the US, so I'd take $60 US for them shipped.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 - The Mayor's clubs - So I offered these to the mayor of Winnipeg, as these were supposedly owned by a previous mayor.  This set will cost a few more pfenigs to ship, as it will have the 2-9 of the VFQs, plus the 3 refinished Toney Penna woods (with their hoods), plus I'll throw in the Colokrom 11i, and the Ironmaster.  Seems they should travel as a set.  I'll also offer the bag too, but this would change the shipping cost possibly substantially.  If you're interested in the bag, let me know.

If you want more detailed pics, I can send them on Saturday June 20th when I'm out at the lake house.  Soonest these would ship is Monday the 22nd as (naturally) I'll have to get them from the lake house.  The seem to be in nice shape (to me anyways), and I love that all the ferrules on the 2-9 are still intact.  

For price, I'd need $125 US for everything shipped (no bag).  With bag, I'll have to get a quote. Think this seems like a pretty good deal as I'm just getting my money back on them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit - Add #3 - Maxfli Carbon Fiber "Black Missile" woods.  A lot of fun to play.  They are traditional persimmon shape and weight, hit the ball with a solid thunk, and have a pleasant burgundy marble color to them.  Graphite shafts are marked "S" - I'd say they play soft to flex.  Come with some nice taupe vinyl hoods, and useable victory cord grips.  $45 US shipped.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ScooterMcTavish, 15 June 2015 - 07:47 PM.

Titleist 909D2, 9.5*, JAVLNFX M7
Titleist 909F2, 15.5*, "For Titleist" Blueboard
Titleist 909H, 21*, "For Titleist" Blueboard
Titleist 755 4-P, GAT 95
MacGregor Jeff Sheets 52* GW
MacGregor Jeff Sheets 56* SW
Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60* LW
Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth
WITB Link
Current set photo here!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums