Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Fuji 757 Speeder x-stiff or Diamana Blue Board x-stiff?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chetnik

Chetnik

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35587
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

I am currently playing the HiBore XL 9.5 loft with a Fuji Speeder 757 x-stiff shaft.  My swing speed is approximately 113mph. The shaft is awesome.  I can swing out of my shoes and the shot dispersion is still good.  If I was forced to nitpick about any fault in regards to the Fuji 757 Speeder, I could say that it is a little bit on the "boardy" side.  However, maybe the slight boardiness is what is letting me swing out of my shoes and still retain relatively tight shot dispersion.  I have heard many great things about the Diamana Blue Board; consequently, can anyone tell me what the differences are between the Fuji 757 Speeder and the Diamana Blue Board.  Should I make the switch?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 AcesAZ

AcesAZ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17643
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:21 PM

I own both in different heads but to me the Speeder 757 X in my FT-3 is a tad longer than the Diamana BB 83 X in my 905r, I do think the BB is a tad more stable, a tad straighter, a little more stout, but also smooth.  I think both shafts play pretty close, not worth the cost of reshafting if you like the 757 but in the future you may want to try out the BB 83.

#3 mr_divots

mr_divots

Original UnderDog- don't accept imitations!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10553
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:31 PM

Blue board is a little smoother for sure. Dispersion is excellent, you wouldn't lose a thing there.
If you are after a lot smoother feel, but still want the excellent dispersion, the WhiteBoard might be worth looking at as well. I have all three of these shafts in different heads. 757 is my least favorite of the 3, even though it is an excellent shaft.
Ping G25 10.5 DI7 stiff, 45.25" D3+
G25/Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff ???
Adams Idea Pro 20 Mitsu Basara x
Ping S-55 4-PW C-taper stiff
Vokey SM2 50,54,58 DGS400TI
Ping Craz-e G5i 35.5"

#4 progolf4life

progolf4life

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25732
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

View Postmr_divots, on Sep 26 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

Blue board is a little smoother for sure. Dispersion is excellent, you wouldn't lose a thing there.
If you are after a lot smoother feel, but still want the excellent dispersion, the WhiteBoard might be worth looking at as well. I have all three of these shafts in different heads. 757 is my least favorite of the 3, even though it is an excellent shaft.

Would you place the Blue or White Board in the #1 spot?

#5 mr_divots

mr_divots

Original UnderDog- don't accept imitations!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10553
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

View Postprogolf4life, on Sep 26 2007, 07:47 PM, said:

View Postmr_divots, on Sep 26 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

Would you place the Blue or White Board in the #1 spot?
I think the Blue Board, simply because the butt end is stiffer and it gives my hand to brain connection more of a sense of control.   :D  The WhiteBoard is probably better if your tempo is more deliberate, and the BlueBoard if you are a little quicker in your transition. Like I said, different heads on each, but overall, similar trajectories. I was expecting the WhiteBoard to be more of a low ball hitter, but it has not been tough to elevate. Little flatter/stronger flight to it than the Blue. I think I am more accustomed to seeing a more distinct apex to my driver launch, so the Blue gives me that.

Either way super solid. Only other shafts I've tried that have compared are the Accuflex Creations. (Oops, forgot about those in my initial list!) 757 down to #4.  ;)

Ping G25 10.5 DI7 stiff, 45.25" D3+
G25/Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff ???
Adams Idea Pro 20 Mitsu Basara x
Ping S-55 4-PW C-taper stiff
Vokey SM2 50,54,58 DGS400TI
Ping Craz-e G5i 35.5"

#6 drpino

drpino

Hall of Fame

• Marshals
  • 7,957 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15339
  • Handicap:5.7

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

in my experience, the 757 is not boardy at all (see Proforce V2 and Aldila NV for that feeling).  BB is just slightly smoother than the 757 and feels less "stout" to me...very responsive though.  

if you do go to a BB, you'll have to go to an 83 to get the same weight as the 757 since the 73 actually comes out to 69g (or less).  

the 757 has a lower torque rating than the BB by .5 which is actually pretty significant at that range.  

if you go hard at the BB, there's a chance of going left...i found that less likely with the 757.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

Bridgestone J40 430 9.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder VC7.2 S IOMIC X-Evolution
Taylormade tour-issued R9 3W 15@13.5 Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.1 S IOMIC X-Evolution
Taylormade tour-issued R9 4W 17 Fujikura Motore Speeder VC8.2 S IOMIC X-Evolution
PING S55 3-PW Red Dot True Temper Z-Z65 w/Cushin PING 360 ID8 Full Cord
Miura Special Y 51*@52* True Temper Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400 IOMIC Sticky
Miura Special C 57*@58* True Temper Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400 IOMIC Sticky
Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g Nippon N.S. Pro XXIP-D2 Pistolini
Nike Collegiate Carry Bag GolfWRX Custom White

#7 FlyFish

FlyFish

FlyFish

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19815
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:15 AM

View Postdrpino, on Sep 26 2007, 08:02 PM, said:

if you go hard at the BB, there's a chance of going left...i found that less likely with the 757.

I've owned both and this is my experience as well.

#8 bobcat

bobcat

Avid Golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:59 AM

The Speeder 757 whether in TM-25 form, or with the newer Tourspec graphics, continues to set the "standard"  by which all other driver shafts are judged.

For my swing, the 757 remains the best...

#9 stp

stp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1385
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:32 AM

If the 757 is feeling a little boardy it might me a bit too stiff. Put some lead tape on the club head and viola you can dial in the flex. just a little (1 1/2" to 3" of 1/2 " tape) will alter the flex and make it feel less boardy.

I have tried many different shafts to include multiple diamana blue boards, oziks, etc., and always come back to the 757.

Edited by stp, 27 September 2007 - 11:35 AM.

#10 crew_138

crew_138

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5751
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 27 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

I have the XL with a 757 x stiff and one with the blueboard stiff. The blueboard is actually really stable for a stiff and not whippy at all like other shafts I have tried in stiff flex. I think the 757 is great and loads nicely, but for me it launches a little higher and not to much roll, but still great dispersion. I was pleasently suprised by the diamana in stiff, its like they were made for the bigger headed drivers. I get a ton of roll with this shaft and good distance. I think the flex has to do with my results becuse I have an x-stiff diamana in my 3 wood and it is just as good but not as much roll.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors