Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

WWE wrestling thread

852 replies to this topic

#811 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63801
GolfWRX Likes : 403

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Agreed on Big Show/Cass match, very slow moving and I didnt care anything about it.

The Usos/New Day match was great, both teams brought it!! But where to go from here?? Rematch probably but then where, SD doesnt have the greatest tag division although I am becoming a big fan of Breezango. Hopefully AOP gets moved to SD and beefs up the Tag division.

Corbin def has some heat but does Rusev too? I mean he comes back from injury to lose to Cena in a flag match and to a quick RKO at SS. This guy could have beena  great heel but instead is being booked awful.

Bray Wyatt needs to be cut or something. Its the same thing everytime, comes out and cuts a weird promo then he wrestles and beats the guy then loses the next two to lose the feud.

I like Jinder for some reason but would it kill the WWE to let a heel win clean?? Hes the champ, its ok for him to win clean.

Lastly, please let Bobby Roode go to SD!!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#812 UCBananaboy

UCBananaboy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 252162
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 621

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

I am biased in that I love Bray; just hate how he's booked.

The guy thrives when he has a stable. He's great on the mic, consistent in the ring (not amazing, but always solid and puts over his opponents well), and has one of the best entrances in the business. It would be nice to see him win a ppv match once in awhile though...

Rusev also falls in the category of wasted talent due to uncreative booking.

#813 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Thank god Roode made it to SD and wow on the Shelton Benjamin signing, not sure how long he will last but should be fun to watch for the next few months.

Anybody watch the NXT Takeover Saturday night?? I dont watch NXT during the week so I am not sure who the two guys were that came out after the tag match and destroyed the teams and then came back after championship match with another guy and destroyed the winner. If they werent together in NXT or known as a stable in the indies, that is how wwe should start a monster stable on one of the programs. Have a few guys work together and just come out after matches and beat down whoever is in the ring, kind of like the NWO did.

I would really like to see them do something like this with Finn and the Club and bring back the Bullet/Balor Club. I like the Club but they are in a limbo right now while wwe tries to figure out what to do with the hardyz, cesaro/sheamus, and rollins/ambrose.

#814 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60434
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2326

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

View Postblaird, on 23 August 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Thank god Roode made it to SD and wow on the Shelton Benjamin signing, not sure how long he will last but should be fun to watch for the next few months.

Anybody watch the NXT Takeover Saturday night?? I dont watch NXT during the week so I am not sure who the two guys were that came out after the tag match and destroyed the teams and then came back after championship match with another guy and destroyed the winner. If they werent together in NXT or known as a stable in the indies, that is how wwe should start a monster stable on one of the programs. Have a few guys work together and just come out after matches and beat down whoever is in the ring, kind of like the NWO did.

I would really like to see them do something like this with Finn and the Club and bring back the Bullet/Balor Club. I like the Club but they are in a limbo right now while wwe tries to figure out what to do with the hardyz, cesaro/sheamus, and rollins/ambrose.
Adam Cole and the two others guys have most recently been with Ring of Honor I believe. Cole was pretty huge there...maybe the recent champ. I catch very little of it.
TM M2 10.5 w/Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60 Stiff
Callaway Epic SZ 15 and 18 w/Rogue Max 75 Stiff
NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
NIKE Vapor PC 4-PW w/DGS300
NIKE Engage 52 SQ and 58 DS w/DG Wedge
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#815 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

View Postshakey, on 23 August 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Adam Cole and the two others guys have most recently been with Ring of Honor I believe. Cole was pretty huge there...maybe the recent champ. I catch very little of it.

I would love to catch some ROH but is it even on any tv channel?? Isnt Cody Rhodes the champ there now?? Seems like a lot of those guys, once they make a name for themselves, wind up in WWE.

#816 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

View Postblaird, on 24 August 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

View Postshakey, on 23 August 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

I would love to catch some ROH but is it even on any tv channel?? Isnt Cody Rhodes the champ there now?? Seems like a lot of those guys, once they make a name for themselves, wind up in WWE.
I sometimes see it in tv but I can't remember right now what channel it's on. Seems like Cody is the champ there. Just saw him on Braves coverage the other night. He was the guest in the booth.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#817 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

I thought Cody was one that got away from the WWE. When they turned him to Stardust, that was awful. He made it work though especially with him and Golddust. I thought when they were teasing him coming back as Cody, that would have been a good angle. I liked Cody, decent in ring and with the mic, could have made a great IC or US Champ and maybe worked his way up to a WHC/UC reign.

#818 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:00 AM

Yep. Cody was good.  Even though the Stardust character pretty much sucked from an idea standpoint...he owned it and somehow made it work.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#819 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:23 AM

Thought last nights back and forth between Cena and Reigns was really good.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#820 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

View Postshakey, on 29 August 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Thought last nights back and forth between Cena and Reigns was really good.

Cena killed Reigns on the mic last night. Hard for me to tell how much of that was a shoot and how much was scripted, then again it could have been Vince trolling the internet having them say the exact thing internet people do. I did like when Cena was talking about breaking down the fourth wall. Hopefully they put on a decent match.

I am really looking forward to Braun/Brock. I wish they would let Brock talk a little more, he wasnt horrible in his early days. Im also very interested in what they are gonna do with Hardy/Miz. I keep reading that eventually they are going to split them up. I hope it isnt now, and I really hope Vince can close on the "Broken" gimmick. The Broken gimmick, even for TNA/GFW was over, and the fans are dying to get the Broken Hardys in WWE.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#821 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 19176

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

I just can't get into Cena saying those things about reigns. I like that WWE is working "shoot" style promos into their segments because it does placate the smarks a bit... But with Miz/Bryan or Ambrose /ziggler there was still that suspension of disbelief where there's a certain realness, like it's possible miz really is jealous of Bryan. Or it's possible Ambrose really does believe Ziggler cares more about looking good and doing comedy than grinding at the house shows.

It's all a work either way, for the most part. But you can still believe it might be true

I just don't believe for one second that there is anything real about cena hating on Roman. It just feels very manufactured.
Ping G LS Tec w/Tour Shaft 65
Callaway XR Pro 14 w/Diamana D+ 80
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 iron w/S300
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S200
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Tank

#822 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

I think it worked simply because no one really expected them to say what they said. Crazy.

Since Smackdown is about to finish up...I don't see Bobby Roode and his Glorious gimmick working for long as a face. Seems much better suited as a heel shoving it in people's faces.

And why make a big deal about Mike Bennett (Kanellis) only to make him a bigger jobber than what they made Ziggler lately.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#823 devinh821

devinh821

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:37 AM

Smackdown was great last night. Finally picking back up. Honestly I think Vince makes raw look better.

Shinske or however you spell it is going straight to the top with clean wins over Cena and Orton.

I think the Jinder aka make money from Asia title reign is almost over

#824 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,338 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

I wish jinder was like 15% better in the Ring. I just can't get excited for his matches. Though his promos are great and his character has also been great. I think they are softening up his heelish qualities before going to India. After they tour there he probably loses the belt

#825 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

My vote is for Roode to take it off Jinder but Nak would be fine as well. What is going on with Ziggler?? Is he trolling smarks about their want for characters?? He could have trolled so hard if Cult of Personality or This Fire hit instead of any of the others.

#826 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,338 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

I wonder if WWE is done trolling CM Punk , maybe they have just moved on. But yeah that's always a sure fire way to stick it to the smarks.

So again, i'm probably the only one who hates this Cena/Reigns thing. I just don't get it. You either have kayfabe or you don't. What they are saying is only "real" but as mentioned i don't believe for one second either guy actually feels that way. And there's nothing kayfabe about it. Reigns saying Cena buries young talent? Cena the character has given more opportunity to young guys than anyone, he wrestled Owens right out of NXT, ditto Rusev, he had a US open challenge etc....Cena saying Reigns is a corporate manufactured knock-off? The McMahon family according to the story hates Reigns. Cena saying "Reigns couldn't get over with the fans" , what does that have to do with their characters?

So you build this kayfabe storyline and then just decide one day that it's meaningless and doesn't exist for one feud. I mean they still have Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor trying to sell their characters as mythical demons etc....while Cena does everything short of calling Reigns "Joe" .

At least with the Bryan/Miz feud there was still some kayfabe aspect to that where Bryan's injuries, Miz's lack of opportunities etc were actual things that were part of storylines (Miz legit hadn't gotten main event opps for a while and Bryan had even with injury history)

Anyway I just don't like it.

Edited by MtlJeff, 06 September 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#827 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,338 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

I really think Ziggler needs a "Usos" style makeover. The problem with his heel turn is he was too much like usual Ziggler which is super stale.

The Usos went from being stale to being one of the most over acts in the company yet again with a significant gimmick change that they are selling the F out of. I mean they changed everything, their character, their wrestling style etc....and they are must see TV now

Ziggler needs to go hardcore and be booked as a true villain, no more flashy colors and he needs a new theme ASAP. I kind of like the idea of him calling out the fans a bit. But they need to do a better job than they did yesterday.

#828 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

Vince took a beating last night. Pretty cool spot for him and KO, although this feels like an idea thats been done before. Anyways, whats Shane gonna do in the cell to make everyone go nuts? what if he doesnt bump and its KO that takes the big bump??

#829 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

View Postblaird, on 13 September 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

Vince took a beating last night. Pretty cool spot for him and KO, although this feels like an idea thats been done before. Anyways, whats Shane gonna do in the cell to make everyone go nuts? what if he doesnt bump and its KO that takes the big bump??
Pretty stiff looking head butt by KO.  Hard to believe 72 year old Vince is still taking shots like that.

Should be a good match between KO and Shane.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#830 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,338 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

That was a real head butt. KO looked a bit shocked in some of the shots. I wondered if he didn't expect to cut him open like that and he was a bit worried.

But that's a huge vote of confidence in him for Vince to come back after so long and endorse him like that

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#831 blaird

blaird

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 13 September 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

That was a real head butt. KO looked a bit shocked in some of the shots. I wondered if he didn't expect to cut him open like that and he was a bit worried.

But that's a huge vote of confidence in him for Vince to come back after so long and endorse him like that

Vince took a legit headbutt, got cut open, took a super kick, kick to the ribs, and a frog splash...

#832 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

Sad news with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan passing away today.  One of the best managers and announcers of all time.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#833 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:11 AM

This whole entrance thing Ziggler's got going is annoying as hell.  It needs to end in a hurry.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#834 Santiago Golf

Santiago Golf

I Strive to make you Better

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151005
  • Handicap:???
GolfWRX Likes : 1454

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:07 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 06 September 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

I wonder if WWE is done trolling CM Punk , maybe they have just moved on. But yeah that's always a sure fire way to stick it to the smarks.

So again, i'm probably the only one who hates this Cena/Reigns thing. I just don't get it. You either have kayfabe or you don't. What they are saying is only "real" but as mentioned i don't believe for one second either guy actually feels that way. And there's nothing kayfabe about it. Reigns saying Cena buries young talent? Cena the character has given more opportunity to young guys than anyone, he wrestled Owens right out of NXT, ditto Rusev, he had a US open challenge etc....Cena saying Reigns is a corporate manufactured knock-off? The McMahon family according to the story hates Reigns. Cena saying "Reigns couldn't get over with the fans" , what does that have to do with their characters?

So you build this kayfabe storyline and then just decide one day that it's meaningless and doesn't exist for one feud. I mean they still have Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor trying to sell their characters as mythical demons etc....while Cena does everything short of calling Reigns "Joe" .

At least with the Bryan/Miz feud there was still some kayfabe aspect to that where Bryan's injuries, Miz's lack of opportunities etc were actual things that were part of storylines (Miz legit hadn't gotten main event opps for a while and Bryan had even with injury history)

Anyway I just don't like it.
Kayfabe died after the steriod scandal, came back a little, and died after Vince fake death, its been gone ever since. I could really care less if they are trying to keep kayfabe but some of these manufactured shoots suck. CM Punk 'shoot'/pipebomb made sense because his actual contract was up.

Cena vs Regins
Old company guys vs new company guy, both were given giant pushes. Cena was always great on the mic, and learned to be a better performer. Roman is average on mic, and slightly above average in the ring but still pull off Randy Orton like pop spots  from time to time. Other times you can prefict his match
Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Project X Hazardus Black 6.5 (looking to get a GD Tour AD in the Future)

Fairway, Hybrid Searching!!!!!

Irons: Will be ordering
Titleist 718 AP3 3-4 irons
   718 AP2 5-6 irons
   718 CB 7-9 irons
Lofts: 19, 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42
Length and Lie: -1/4 inch, 2* flat
Shafts: (3) Tour AD DI 95X, (4-9) steelfiber i110 stiff

Wedges: Scratch 47*, 52*, 57*, Custom Ground 62*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB (Major Change in the Future)
Ball: Vice Pro Plus Pink

#NoDaysOff

#835 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,338 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

I find it crazy that "the shield", which will go down as one of the most revered factions ever in WWE.....had a blowoff triple threat match at a non-major PPV called "Battleground" where the biggest star was suspended during the build-up....and then got back together to fight The Miz, Sheamus and Cesaro

I mean, don't get me wrong. I love Sheamus and Cesaro more than anyone should. But cmon

This is the friggin Shield. They've screwed up everything about them since breaking it up

#836 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,338 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:49 PM

Nice to see Corbin get the US title.

I do believe there was some truth to the rumor that he was punished a bit over the CTE fiasco. Apparently if you have not read, Corbin is apparently a part of the NFL lawsuit over brain damage, and the WWE had some doctors in to talk about links between brain damage and physical sports such as wrestling etc. And Corbin and the doctor/officials got into a bit of a tiff.....it was reported afterwards that this was why his MITB push was suspended for some time.

I'm a big fan of Corbin. I think his character is great and he is very good in the ring for a big guy. I mean he is almost as big as Big Cass, and look how much better he moves

#837 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

WWE will continue to screw him up though.
Beats AJ and Dillinger for US Title.
Beats AJ in rematch.
Loses to Sin Cara.
Oy!
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#838 shakey

shakey

OvenWRX 1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Big changes for TLC. Apparently sickness is taking out plenty of the main roster.
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

#839 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 19,338 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Yes, some of the Smackdown guys are sick too and were pulled from house shows

#840 joeshmo

joeshmo

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100882
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Just saw a promo on Fox Sports Asia.
They will soon be showing pro wrestling from Mexico...
Should be amusing.

Talent is the desire to practice

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors