Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Boxgroove.com

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Redstorm2011

Redstorm2011

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284900
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:26 PM

Has anyone signed up for this and could provide some insight? It seems like its golfnow and teeoff but access to private clubs offering one day memberships.

Main: Callaway Great Big Bertha | Srixon Z-Star | Ping G25 | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged | Titleist Vokey SM5 | Studio Select Newport
Backup: Taylormade R9 | Nike SQ Dymo | Cleveland Launcher DST | Ping G10 | Cleveland CG15  | Yes! Callie

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 left hand low

left hand low

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 370807
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

I signed up a few years ago but never used it.  Would be good for someone with no ties to a pro who could make a call for you.  I am lucky enough to have a couple pros I can call for that so not necessary for me.

#3 jli2636

jli2636

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129436
GolfWRX Likes : 340

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

I signed up for the free membership but haven't used it yet. Its more like having a club pro that can make a call like left hand low said than golf now. You still play the unaccompanied rate which can be outrageous at some courses.

#4 puttnforthe8

puttnforthe8

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88323
GolfWRX Likes : 468

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

It's a joke of a site!  Most of the courses that are available(at least in my state) are accessible to the public via limited play anyways.  None of the courses, that you would want to play were ever available.  When I requested a tee time at the private courses that I did want to play, I was received a response back saying not taking tee time.

On top of that, the cost to play was more expensive with a higher fee.

Customer service is non existent and good luck getting any response or support when needed.

Edited by puttnforthe8, 21 April 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#5 irvtrain

irvtrain

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63938
  • Handicap:.4
GolfWRX Likes : 233

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

I've used it with some success. Still getting on the more exclusive clubs will be tougher but for the less popular clubs, this works well.

#6 bnr204

bnr204

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16460
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

i'm a fan and user of boxgroove. i got on a private club last weekend on it. im sure it varies by market, but in the greater NYC area, there are about 10 courses that are allowing direct box groove bookings that are worth playing.

#7 Reif

Reif

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87715
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:50 AM

View Postbnr204, on 30 April 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

i'm a fan and user of boxgroove. i got on a private club last weekend on it. im sure it varies by market, but in the greater NYC area, there are about 10 courses that are allowing direct box groove bookings that are worth playing.

Going to be in Newark with a chance to play next month.  Got a list of the courses you would recommend?

Thanks,

Reif

#8 dugly2ugly

dugly2ugly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138673
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Has anybody had success requesting times directly from members? In my area there are a couple of courses that accept times, but there aren't many and they aren't that hard to get on though other avenues. However, there are a good number of courses that have members on the site. I would consider paying for the Boxgroove membership upgrade if it's realistically possible to set up some rounds through networking on the site.

I'm a public course player though and don't have any reciprocal club memberships to offer in exchange.

#9 johnnylongball

johnnylongball

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29601
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:39 AM

I have used it successfully once.  I have attempted a couple of other times but the course had a tournament or some other reason I couldn't play the day I wanted to.  If there is a course listed on their website that you want to play, it's worth a try.

#10 dugly2ugly

dugly2ugly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138673
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

Thanks. I've used it once as well to book directly with a course. That went well and I'd do it again.

Curious if anybody has ever tried booking a round directly with a member at a course.

The way that I understand the premium website membership is that you can communicate directly with other users who are often members at courses that Boxgroove doesn't have a partnership with. Those are mostly the courses that if love to try out.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 az2au

az2au

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185434
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 740

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:47 AM

I have a Boxgroove membership (premium) that I had never used other than actually hosting others until this week.  I had a buddy coming into town and he wanted to play a specific private course.  Normally I would have called my pro and asked him to make a call for me but I hate to do that this time of year because our courses are crammed and I feel guilty asking because I know we turn down a lot of similar requests this time of year.  During the summer it is a totally different story and I wouldn't have thought twice about it.  Anyway, before I called it occurred to me that I had this membership that I had never used and should check and see if Boxgroove had a relationship with the course.  They did so I gave it a try.

I submitted the request on a Monday and it showed as pending still on Tuesday.  I figured since it was a private club that it might not be open on Monday or that the pro might not be in that day.  Therefore I wasn't concerned.  Later that day I got a call from Boxgroove explaining that the contact was out and apologizing for it not already being done!  Awesome customer service.  The next day it wasn't done by 11:05am when I received an email saying that the pro had been out for two days but that he would be in today and they just wanted to let me know that they would have it done ASAP.  Again, I honestly hadn't even thought about it yet and I thought it was pretty great that they were so concerned about it that consistent proactive communication was occurring.  A couple of hours later the tee time was added without an issue and even though it took longer than they expected  (I didn't really have any expectations) they had a very impressed customer.  Now two additional things will happen:
1. I will go out of my way to recommend this service to other golfers I know in the future
2. I will think of them more often so that I don't have to hassle my pro in cases where a relationship already exists.  Please note that the pro at my club has never hesitated or complained about making a call for me.  I'm the one that feels guilty asking because I know that I'd hate to do that crap if I were him.

Anyway, wanted to mention it here because I know that it had come up before.  Kudos to the people running the site.

Also, to answer the question about being able to contact members directly I've had it happen twice.  Once I was out of the country and couldn't accommodate it and the other time I had an great time playing with some guys from Sahalee who were in town and wanted to play at my club.

#12 AEK

AEK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77976
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Tried using it. Seems like kind of a joke. Most of the "affiliated" clubs are grey-ed out and uncontactable. Haven't had any luck with the member affiliated places lately either. I would guess that to the extent that those people signed up, they likely rarely log in, if ever.

#13 Stetson

Stetson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
GolfWRX Likes : 566

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:29 PM

Anybody requested a course listed for Premium members and been denied?
Driver: Ping G400 (Tour AD IZ)
3w: Ping G400 SFT (Tour AD Di)
3H: Exotics EX10 19* (Tour AD DI)
3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Motore Speeder TS)
4-P: Bridgestone J40 CB (Steelfiber 110)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
Putter: Ping Nome TR

#14 AEK

AEK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77976
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:54 PM

Not denied. Just no response. I'm guessing that the members that they claim are on boxgroove are not/have not been active on the site for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors