Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Epon AF Tour CB Vs. Miura CB57

Pictures Miura Epon Loomis RIP Tour 90

119 replies to this topic

#1 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
  • Joined: 10/11/2008
  • Location:MICHIGAN
GolfWRX Likes : 514

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Only played one round with the EPON CB with the Loomis shaft and I see myself playing these clubs for a very long time.
When Epon releases a club, they do it right.

Miuras have less offset and they are smaller from heel to toe.
Epons promote confidence.

The killed leading edge on the Epons suit my game more than the Miuras.

LOVE THE LOOMIS SHAFTS. Played almost all the graphite/hybrid offerings and these are by far "better" for me.

MIURAS have a great classic look at address.
Epons have a tad bit more offset and might scare off some traditional  + handicap golfers.

Miuras: Finish is mostly all Satin
Epons: Chrome and Satin in all the right places

Turf interaction on the Epons are slightly easier to play with than the Miuras.
Miuras turf interaction are great but tend to dig at times.









Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

I must admit , I was only thinking earlier that there hasn't been much buzz about the AF Tour CBs .
I actually think this iron should've been named the 303 & the 303 maybe should've been given a higher 300s number as Freehb suggested in another thread .
I prefer the all satin look of the CB57s and now I'm playing the Miuras I love the sole width , top line thickness , offset and feel .
I've tried about 5 or 6 different Epons and even gamed a set briefly last year , although the 503s can not be compared to the AF Tour CBs .
I'll be very interested to hear more feedback on these .
Comparisons'll be interesting though as it'll be like trying to compare apples with oranges !
Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

2

#3 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
  • Joined: 10/11/2008
  • Location:MICHIGAN
GolfWRX Likes : 514

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

I'm with you on the all satin look the Miuras have, BUT the EPONS mix of Chrome and Satin are just about perfect.

I will be installing the same Loomis Shafts in the Miuras sometime this week.
Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

3

#4 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

 TheBoomer, on 20 April 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

I'm with you on the all satin look the Miuras have, BUT the EPONS mix of Chrome and Satin are just about perfect.

I will be installing the same Loomis Shafts in the Miuras sometime this week.
Am really going to look forward to hearing your thoughts on each man .
Just out of curiousity , what shafts are in the Miuras at the moment ?
Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

4

#5 TheBoomer

TheBoomer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67458
  • Joined: 10/11/2008
  • Location:MICHIGAN
GolfWRX Likes : 514

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

 Batman1971, on 20 April 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

 TheBoomer, on 20 April 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

I'm with you on the all satin look the Miuras have, BUT the EPONS mix of Chrome and Satin are just about perfect.

I will be installing the same Loomis Shafts in the Miuras sometime this week.
Am really going to look forward to hearing your thoughts on each man .
Just out of curiousity , what shafts are in the Miuras at the moment ?

Aldila RIP Tour 90 copper

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

5

#6 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:23 AM

One things most definitely for sure Boomer........you've got 2 magnificent sets of new weapons to cut the course up with !

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

6

#7 PepsiDuck

PepsiDuck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27419
  • Joined: 04/03/2007
  • Location:Monterey Peninsula
  • Handicap:5.8
GolfWRX Likes : 500

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

Still in love with my CB57s...I love the all-satin look so much that I stripped all the black paint from the already minimal branding...completely blank look from a distance.
TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro 15.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - GD Tour AD 85X
Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
Toulon Memphis

7

#8 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

 PepsiDuck, on 20 April 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Still in love with my CB57s...I love the all-satin look so much that I stripped all the black paint from the already minimal branding...completely blank look from a distance.
I'm with ya Bud !
I'm lovin my 57s as well . The more I play them the more things I love about them as well .
1 of the things I love the most is the leading edge grind as it allows for fantastic turf interaction .
We're in the middle of a decent storm in Sydney at the moment and I'm getting serious withdrawals from not having hit my 57s in 3 days !
Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

8

#9 megameng

megameng

    n00b

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 319435
  • Joined: 06/07/2014
  • Location:Bay Area, CA
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Ive been eyeing the af tour cb's. Any additional info you can share would be appreciated; especially in comparison with the 302's.

9

#10 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1639

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

Cali
TailorMaid
t****
Apex
v
@thereal#7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

I25 vs S55

Edited by Batman1971, 21 April 2015 - 06:31 PM.

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

11

#12 freehb

freehb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97712
  • Joined: 11/01/2009
  • Location:FLA
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Beautiful irons...the tour cb looks like it might be playable for us mortals but I know better...bet the miuras look small compared to the 303...would be interested in seeing the finish side by side, that epon satin finish is about as high quality a finish as I've seen...

After time with the 303 I think it's definitely a high 3 series...372 fits pretty well, am guessing the tour cb play in the high 100 range as well...was curious about epon designs post kobiyashi...epon has answered...still turning out the highest quality gear with innovative design and targeted performance characteristics along with trades mark softness.  Wish I had the game for the miuras...
153 BootoBee 60sh
Spoon Roddio F7s
Cleek Roddio F7s
Ryoma 21  Basileus UT80s
P3 4-P Muziik Bangvoo
Epon 213 52/58 Muziik Bangvoo
SC Kombi S

12

#13 freehb

freehb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97712
  • Joined: 11/01/2009
  • Location:FLA
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

I25 vs S55

I'm sure the tour cb is easier than the miura but it's clearly in the player cb category for me...303 I'd put in player gi...
153 BootoBee 60sh
Spoon Roddio F7s
Cleek Roddio F7s
Ryoma 21  Basileus UT80s
P3 4-P Muziik Bangvoo
Epon 213 52/58 Muziik Bangvoo
SC Kombi S

13

#14 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1639

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

I25 vs S55
Stole my thunder man, why didn't I think of that.

But yeah, exactly.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
Apex
v
@thereal#7

14

#15 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

 freehb, on 21 April 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

I25 vs S55

I'm sure the tour cb is easier than the miura but it's clearly in the player cb category for me...303 I'd put in player gi...
It's definitely in the players CB category for mine as well . I'm just still surprised that Epon have gone from a blade to a CB in the AF Tour line !
I also would've liked to have seen Epon go for an all satin finish in the AF Tour CB like they did with the 303 but Epon always does things for a reason and I get the feeling that they produced the CB in a two tone finish so that those who wanted to evolve from a 302 would've easily identified with them .
I just would've been more attracted to the new model if it had a thinner sole .
I've tried the 302 and I prefer my CB57 . I like the more precise punchier feel that the muscle bar gives it and the distance and launch for me rocks .
I'm sure I'll try the AF Tour CB somewhere down the line and I hope it surprises me but for now I know that I've got the right sticks in the bag for me and my game .

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

15

#16 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

I25 vs S55
Stole my thunder man, why didn't I think of that.

But yeah, exactly.

I could never steal your thunder Mate !
Am starting to go stir crazy over here in Sydney .
5th day of rain in a row !


Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

16

#17 Scratch2Plus

Scratch2Plus

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41626
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 516

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

 freehb, on 21 April 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

I25 vs S55

I'm sure the tour cb is easier than the miura but it's clearly in the player cb category for me...303 I'd put in player gi...
It's definitely in the players CB category for mine as well . I'm just still surprised that Epon have gone from a blade to a CB in the AF Tour line !
I also would've liked to have seen Epon go for an all satin finish in the AF Tour CB like they did with the 303 but Epon always does things for a reason and I get the feeling that they produced the CB in a two tone finish so that those who wanted to evolve from a 302 would've easily identified with them .
I just would've been more attracted to the new model if it had a thinner sole .
I've tried the 302 and I prefer my CB57 . I like the more precise punchier feel that the muscle bar gives it and the distance and launch for me rocks .
I'm sure I'll try the AF Tour CB somewhere down the line and I hope it surprises me but for now I know that I've got the right sticks in the bag for me and my game .

All Epon irons are available in an all satin finish. Currently have the AF Tour CB's in all satin.
TI TM M2 ~ GD TP6
TM M2 Tour HL ~ GD AD F75
RomaRo Type R Ute ~ GD UT 85
Titleist VG3 ~ Nippon 130
Vokey Cold Forged smoked copper 50F~54M~Vokey HG 60V
SC Futura Limited 6M ~ TP5X



Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

17

#18 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:29 PM

 Scratch2Plus, on 21 April 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

 freehb, on 21 April 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

 Batman1971, on 21 April 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 21 April 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like an ap1 vs ap2 comparison in terms of iron type (player cb vs player gi).

I25 vs S55

I'm sure the tour cb is easier than the miura but it's clearly in the player cb category for me...303 I'd put in player gi...
It's definitely in the players CB category for mine as well . I'm just still surprised that Epon have gone from a blade to a CB in the AF Tour line !
I also would've liked to have seen Epon go for an all satin finish in the AF Tour CB like they did with the 303 but Epon always does things for a reason and I get the feeling that they produced the CB in a two tone finish so that those who wanted to evolve from a 302 would've easily identified with them .
I just would've been more attracted to the new model if it had a thinner sole .
I've tried the 302 and I prefer my CB57 . I like the more precise punchier feel that the muscle bar gives it and the distance and launch for me rocks .
I'm sure I'll try the AF Tour CB somewhere down the line and I hope it surprises me but for now I know that I've got the right sticks in the bag for me and my game .

All Epon irons are available in an all satin finish. Currently have the AF Tour CB's in all satin.
Would love to see some pics of them .
How are they playing for you ?
Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

18

#19 Scratch2Plus

Scratch2Plus

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41626
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 516

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

^^^^ I'll post pics in the AM, still at work...
They look GORGEOUS, you almost dont want to hit them to tarnish them. As expected top notch fit/finish and dead on spec.
My one and only complaint are the short irons 8-9-PW. I wish the shorter irons didnt look so bulky.
I fell in love with the Srixon 745 short irons. The shape and offset are just perfect to my eye.
AF CB's Feel is very soft, a lighter soft and not a dense soft like the Miura's.  And because of the shape of the short irons I will be selling the Af Tour CB's. :(
TI TM M2 ~ GD TP6
TM M2 Tour HL ~ GD AD F75
RomaRo Type R Ute ~ GD UT 85
Titleist VG3 ~ Nippon 130
Vokey Cold Forged smoked copper 50F~54M~Vokey HG 60V
SC Futura Limited 6M ~ TP5X



Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

19

#20 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

 Scratch2Plus, on 21 April 2015 - 08:46 PM, said:

^^^^ I'll post pics in the AM, still at work...
They look GORGEOUS, you almost dont want to hit them to tarnish them. As expected top notch fit/finish and dead on spec.
My one and only complaint are the short irons 8-9-PW. I wish the shorter irons didnt look so bulky.
I fell in love with the Srixon 745 short irons. The shape and offset are just perfect to my eye.
AF CB's Feel is very soft, a lighter soft and not a dense soft like the Miura's.  And because of the shape of the short irons I will be selling the Af Tour CB's. :(
There's no way Epon shouldve branded these "AF Tour" with bulky short irons .
That's really disappointing to hear .
Hope the 745s work out for you .
Have you tried the CB57s ?
The scoring irons in 57s are some of the best Miura CB scoring irons they've ever made IMO .

Edited by Batman1971, 21 April 2015 - 11:20 PM.

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Scratch2Plus

Scratch2Plus

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41626
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 516

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:00 AM

That's been my gripe with Epon irons. The scoring irons are just too bulky for my liking. I'm definitely going to take a look at the MIURA 57'.

TI TM M2 ~ GD TP6
TM M2 Tour HL ~ GD AD F75
RomaRo Type R Ute ~ GD UT 85
Titleist VG3 ~ Nippon 130
Vokey Cold Forged smoked copper 50F~54M~Vokey HG 60V
SC Futura Limited 6M ~ TP5X



Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

21

#22 Scratch2Plus

Scratch2Plus

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41626
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 516

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:04 AM

Boomer, would you mind snapping a few pics of the 8-9-Pw on the MIURA CB 57's?
TI TM M2 ~ GD TP6
TM M2 Tour HL ~ GD AD F75
RomaRo Type R Ute ~ GD UT 85
Titleist VG3 ~ Nippon 130
Vokey Cold Forged smoked copper 50F~54M~Vokey HG 60V
SC Futura Limited 6M ~ TP5X



Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

22

#23 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:36 AM

 Scratch2Plus, on 22 April 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

That's been my gripe with Epon irons. The scoring irons are just too bulky for my liking. I'm definitely going to take a look at the MIURA 57'.
You'll love them !
One of my mates just got himself a set of 745s , they're nice irons but the 57s left Em for dead !
Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

23

#24 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1639

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:58 AM

The 57's are easily the best cb Miura has made to date.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
Apex
v
@thereal#7

24

#25 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

I love the PW !
It's the best I've used , comes stock at 47* .
I absolutely love it's feel , full shots , 3/4 shots , pitch & run .
It just flat out works !

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

25

#26 Scratch2Plus

Scratch2Plus

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41626
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 516

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

Just need to see the 8-9-P pics before I even think about buying a set lol
Here is a pic of the all satin head...

Edited by Scratch2Plus, 22 April 2015 - 02:01 PM.

TI TM M2 ~ GD TP6
TM M2 Tour HL ~ GD AD F75
RomaRo Type R Ute ~ GD UT 85
Titleist VG3 ~ Nippon 130
Vokey Cold Forged smoked copper 50F~54M~Vokey HG 60V
SC Futura Limited 6M ~ TP5X



Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

26

#27 freehb

freehb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97712
  • Joined: 11/01/2009
  • Location:FLA
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

That looks just fine to me...
153 BootoBee 60sh
Spoon Roddio F7s
Cleek Roddio F7s
Ryoma 21  Basileus UT80s
P3 4-P Muziik Bangvoo
Epon 213 52/58 Muziik Bangvoo
SC Kombi S

27

#28 Batman1971

Batman1971

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 245859
  • Joined: 04/17/2013
  • Location:Sydney Australia
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Paulsullivan1971
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

 Scratch2Plus, on 22 April 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Just need to see the 8-9-P pics before I even think about buying a set lol
Here is a pic of the all satin head...
image.jpg

That's the finish the AF Tour CB should be presented in !
Definitely check out some photos of the scoring irons as I'm sure you'll love Em .
The last of Boomers comparison photos of the 7 irons should give you a pretty good indication of the differences .
Is there anywhere close by you where you can check a set of CB57s out and actually hold and hit em ?

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
                PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
                PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
                Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
                Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
                Yamada Shogun

28

#29 Scratch2Plus

Scratch2Plus

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41626
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 516

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

 Batman1971, on 22 April 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

 Scratch2Plus, on 22 April 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Just need to see the 8-9-P pics before I even think about buying a set lol
Here is a pic of the all satin head...
image.jpg

That's the finish the AF Tour CB should be presented in !
Definitely check out some photos of the scoring irons as I'm sure you'll love Em .
The last of Boomers comparison photos of the 7 irons should give you a pretty good indication of the differences .
Is there anywhere close by you where you can check a set of CB57s out and actually hold and hit em ?

Yes, I can have a Muira dealer send me their demo with the shaft of my choice to test. But before I even do that I want to see if the 8-9-Pw head shape is to my liking.
TI TM M2 ~ GD TP6
TM M2 Tour HL ~ GD AD F75
RomaRo Type R Ute ~ GD UT 85
Titleist VG3 ~ Nippon 130
Vokey Cold Forged smoked copper 50F~54M~Vokey HG 60V
SC Futura Limited 6M ~ TP5X



Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

29

#30 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1639

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

 Scratch2Plus, on 22 April 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

 Batman1971, on 22 April 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

 Scratch2Plus, on 22 April 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Just need to see the 8-9-P pics before I even think about buying a set lol
Here is a pic of the all satin head...
image.jpg

That's the finish the AF Tour CB should be presented in !
Definitely check out some photos of the scoring irons as I'm sure you'll love Em .
The last of Boomers comparison photos of the 7 irons should give you a pretty good indication of the differences .
Is there anywhere close by you where you can check a set of CB57s out and actually hold and hit em ?

Yes, I can have a Muira dealer send me their demo with the shaft of my choice to test. But before I even do that I want to see if the 8-9-Pw head shape is to my liking.


http://www.golfwrx.c...parison-photos/

Cali
TailorMaid
t****
Apex
v
@thereal#7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors