Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

andrew_m WITB Fall 17 - Blacked out M1 430, M2 DF, MB Smoke, Kia Ma

Taylormade TP Kia Ma Continental Golf Tour Issue

69 replies to this topic

#61 Jonesy

Jonesy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90848
  • Joined: 08/05/2009
  • Location:Durban, South Africa
GolfWRX Likes : 826

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Man those irons look good... Great looking bag all round.

Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
Scotty Cameron Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

    #InsideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

View Postandrew_m, on 09 September 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Fall 17 Update: I haven't really gotten to play since the spring, maybe 3 or 4 rounds. Really excited to have a DF M2 at 13.7 degrees and about 2 degrees open. I wanted a shaft with some flex to the tip since I will be using it off the fairway as well and want it to get up in the air easy. I ended up between the Tensei Pro Blue and the AD F-7s, and went with the F-7s because I saved a lot of money. I'm getting around 3400 spin and 38 yards peak height, and I'm happy. My dispersion with this is about the same as the Blue, and much tighter than the Pro White, the Whiteboard, and the AD-TP.

Attachment IMG_0322.JPG

Attachment IMG_0325.JPG

Attachment IMG_0328.JPG

Attachment IMG_0329.JPG

Very interested in some more info on the F-75 shaft. I have a AD TP-7 stiff in my M2 3 wood now. I'm seriously thinking about given the F 75 a try

Edited by Ed Settle, 12 September 2017 - 08:23 PM.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2017 Tour Issue M1 460 10.5 Graphite Design TP-6 X
Fairway: TM 2016 Tour Issue M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 Stiff
Hybrid: Open
Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* DG 105 S
Irons: TM P-770 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB DG Wedge
Putter: Toulon Garage Rochester 34", First of Madison #11/100 34", Garage Colts Blue Indianapolis 34", Garage Columbus 34
Ball: TM TP5

My WITB

2

#63 mqmh_03

mqmh_03

    Equipment Junkie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 109236
  • Joined: 06/08/2010
  • Location:Newport News, VA
  • Ebay ID:mqmh_03
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

View Postandrew_m, on 09 September 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Fall 17 Update: I haven't really gotten to play since the spring, maybe 3 or 4 rounds. Really excited to have a DF M2 at 13.7 degrees and about 2 degrees open. I wanted a shaft with some flex to the tip since I will be using it off the fairway as well and want it to get up in the air easy. I ended up between the Tensei Pro Blue and the AD F-7s, and went with the F-7s because I saved a lot of money. I'm getting around 3400 spin and 38 yards peak height, and I'm happy. My dispersion with this is about the same as the Blue, and much tighter than the Pro White, the Whiteboard, and the AD-TP.

Attachment IMG_0322.JPG

Attachment IMG_0325.JPG

Attachment IMG_0328.JPG

Attachment IMG_0329.JPG

I have this same F-75s shaft in my Epic 5W and it silky smooth. Great launch profile and helps elevate the ball off the deck really well.
Nice solid bag there andrew_m!
Ping G400 LST 10° Fujikura Atmos Blue 6x "Folds of Honor" edition
Ping G400 14.5° Fujikura Atmos Red 6x
Mizuno MP-18 Fli Hi 3i Tour AD 95s
Mizuno MP-18 Fli Hi 4i Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105s
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-7i/SC 8-PW Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105s
Vokey SM6 Jet Black-stripped to raw 48°/54°/60° Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105s
Odyssey O-Works Black 7s slant neck 33"/2° flat

3

#64 Shanks2424

Shanks2424

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439046
  • Joined: 08/30/2016
  • Location:Bethalto
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

The satin and smoked TM Blades you have are in my opinion are the best taylormade has made. The p730 irons are a tied for 1st in looks but cant give a over all rating since I have not hit them yet. But when I can I will.

4

#65 andrew_m

andrew_m

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 351411
  • Joined: 12/10/2014
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

View PostEd Settle, on 12 September 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

Very interested in some more info on the F-75 shaft. I have a AD TP-7 stiff in my M2 3 wood now. I'm seriously thinking about given the F 75 a try

View Postmqmh_03, on 13 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

I have this same F-75s shaft in my Epic 5W and it silky smooth. Great launch profile and helps elevate the ball off the deck really well.


I took it out yesterday and hit it as often as I could - every tee possible, I was dropping balls in the fairway just to see. This is definitely silky smooth. I hit it off every type of grass I could - thick rough, light rough, fairway, tight lies - and it flat-out performed. Without a doubt, the best 3 wood I've ever hit. Easy to launch off the fairway, easy to work left and right, high and low. My default is a high fade, and this just hits the perfect shape every time. The M2 DF head is an unbelievable combo with it.


View PostShanks2424, on 13 September 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

The satin and smoked TM Blades you have are in my opinion are the best taylormade has made. The p730 irons are a tied for 1st in looks but cant give a over all rating since I have not hit them yet. But when I can I will.

I'm looking forward to hitting them as well. They're beautiful clubs, I just hope they don't price them too too high.

Edited by andrew_m, 15 September 2017 - 08:43 AM.

TM M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
TM M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
TM 08 Tour Preferred DI Proto 2i // RIP 105X
TM MB TP Smoke 3-P // X100
TM RAC Z TP Smoke 52 58 Proto
Kia Ma Maranello Carbon

5

#66 andrew_m

andrew_m

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 351411
  • Joined: 12/10/2014
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

3 tour issue Z TP wedges on the way! 52, 58, 60 to add to my 54/60 protos. I don't have the distance I want with them, so I think the 52/58 combo will work well.

Edit: if anyone's got a 64, I'm interested.

Edited by andrew_m, 24 September 2017 - 10:37 PM.

TM M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
TM M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
TM 08 Tour Preferred DI Proto 2i // RIP 105X
TM MB TP Smoke 3-P // X100
TM RAC Z TP Smoke 52 58 Proto
Kia Ma Maranello Carbon

6

#67 andrew_m

andrew_m

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 351411
  • Joined: 12/10/2014
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

Looking to get a Graphite Design driver shaft. Anyone have feedback on AD-IZ, AD-TP, AD-DI, and AD-GP? The AD-F in my M2 is a great shaft.

I naturally launch the ball pretty high, so looking to flatten it out. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
TM M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
TM M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
TM 08 Tour Preferred DI Proto 2i // RIP 105X
TM MB TP Smoke 3-P // X100
TM RAC Z TP Smoke 52 58 Proto
Kia Ma Maranello Carbon

7

#68 Jonesy

Jonesy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90848
  • Joined: 08/05/2009
  • Location:Durban, South Africa
GolfWRX Likes : 826

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:13 AM

You'd probably be looking at the GP and TP over the others if you launch it high. Maybe even the BB...

I only have experience with the DI, I don't battle to get the driver airborne and even though this is supposed to be a higher launching shaft I've never had any issues with it, it actually comes out mid to high and penetrating which is ideal for me.

What I can say is that this shaft is quality, it was definitely worth buying and it won't be going anywhere any time soon.
Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
Scotty Cameron Newport

8

#69 andrew_m

andrew_m

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 351411
  • Joined: 12/10/2014
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostJonesy, on 01 December 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

You'd probably be looking at the GP and TP over the others if you launch it high. Maybe even the BB...

I only have experience with the DI, I don't battle to get the driver airborne and even though this is supposed to be a higher launching shaft I've never had any issues with it, it actually comes out mid to high and penetrating which is ideal for me.

What I can say is that this shaft is quality, it was definitely worth buying and it won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Thanks for the tip - ordered an AD - TP for the M1 today for holiday golf. Guess I'm a Graphite Design convert now.
TM M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
TM M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
TM 08 Tour Preferred DI Proto 2i // RIP 105X
TM MB TP Smoke 3-P // X100
TM RAC Z TP Smoke 52 58 Proto
Kia Ma Maranello Carbon

9

#70 andrew_m

andrew_m

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 351411
  • Joined: 12/10/2014
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Picked up the driver and hit a few on the launch monitor. This is without doubt the best feeling shaft I've ever had in a driver. Dispersal was tight, straight, and was easy to hit whatever shape I wanted - draw, fade, high low. Incredibly smooth and I knew exactly where it was. Avg 2700 RPM, 15* LA, 55R Sidespin, 268 carry.

Here's a quick comp to some other driver shafts I've had

Matrix Reign Black G-60T - The Matrix is lower spin and lower launch, but about 10 yards shorter and most importantly, dispersal isn't even close to the TP. Tends to go right for me.

HZRDUS Red HC 62 6.0 - Red launches higher with similar spin, but feels softer at the tip. Harder to tell where the club is.

Fuel TS 60 - This was a close second for me. I like this shaft a lot for dispersal, but just can't stack up with the TP for distance.

RIP Alpha Green Eyes 70 - I just can't load this club as it needs to be loaded to really go after it - I don't swing hard enough. Good shaft for distance, though.

LZ 6.0 HC - This one is probably third, it launches nicely and feels smooth.

Edited by andrew_m, 08 December 2017 - 02:28 PM.

TM M1 430 8.5 // AD TP-6s
TM M2 DF 13.7 // AD F-7s
TM 08 Tour Preferred DI Proto 2i // RIP 105X
TM MB TP Smoke 3-P // X100
TM RAC Z TP Smoke 52 58 Proto
Kia Ma Maranello Carbon

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors