Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Mizuno MP-57

99 replies to this topic

Poll: Mizuno MP-57 (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (173 votes [73.62%])

Percentage of vote: 73.62%

2. 4 (50 votes [21.28%])

Percentage of vote: 21.28%

3. 3 (9 votes [3.83%])

Percentage of vote: 3.83%

4. 2 (2 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

5. 1 (1 votes [0.43%])

Percentage of vote: 0.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gxgolfer

Gxgolfer

Site Founder & Co-Owner

• Rules Official
  • 14,418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

mp_57.jpg

MP-57 Irons...Solid Feel & Workability, With Unbelievable Forgiveness!

The MP-57 irons are a crowning achievement in the evolution of Mizuno's award winning Grain Flow Forging and Cut Muscle technologies. The Product Development team undertook the task of making the MP-57's the first MP irons with a full cavity, resulting in a significantly larger sweet area than any other iron in the history of the MP line. Along with increased forgiveness, the MP-57's produce a slightly higher ball flight in the long irons, and a mid trajectory, in the scoring irons. They also deliver the solid feel and shot making ability that MP iron players crave. Most importantly the MP-57's achieve all these playing aspects, yet in a classic head profile that appeals to better players.

# Mizuno Mens MP-57 Forged Irons feature: Set includes #3 thru #9 irons, plus pitching wedge: 47
# Dynamic Gold steel shaft available in R300, S300, & X100 flex
# Project X steel shaft available in 5.5 (Stiff) flex -(RH only)
# Available in right- and left-hand models

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
http://www.golfwrx.c...t-ad-questions/
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Heatmiser

Heatmiser

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13029
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:38 PM

My Mp57 irons arrived today. Ordered the Project X 6.5 shaft, and it was off to play 27 holes of golf. Originally, had the Mizuno mp60s with the Dynamic Gold X100 shafts, so Ive got a pretty good idea on how each iron plays in similarities and also whats different between the two. I decided to change because I felt the DG were a bit to tip stiff for me and I was having a bit of trouble working the ball from right to left. The DG also feels a little harsh compared to the Project X

Appearance:When looking down at the topline in both the Mp60 and the MP 57 there was a hint of a larger topline in the mp57 The toe of the 57 appears to be a bit higher so it gives you a little bit more confidence at address.The sole of the 57 appears to be a tad bigger than the 60s.When looking at this club in your golf bag,you be hard pressed to find any different between the 57 and the 60. Both are classics

Feel: Ive read some of the quotes from other members on this site in which they say the 57 cannot compete with the feel of the 60. Again this is just MY OWN opinion but I would put the 57 against the 60 anytime in the feel department. I was hitting a ProV1 and when you hit it pure it felt like butter and when you missed it gives you plenty of feedback.Sweet spot is about the same in both irons.

Forgiveness: Maybe a tad bit forgivness in the MP57,but after only 1 round I really didnt notice that much of a difference.Mishits stayed online, but you will be penalized in distance.

Overall:If it were not for the shaft change and my buddy giving me good value for my 60s,after playing the 57s,I really dont think I would change for the sake of getting a more forgiving club in the 57s.I honestly think that there are so close in all categories.  If I were looking for a new set of irons,  I would put these up against any club on the market today.As for the PX shafts, the distances for me played about the same,but the PX felt a lot smoother and easier for me to work the ball. I would definitely give the PX some serious consideration.Again this is just my opinion after just 27 holes of golf, I know there will be some disagreement in some of my opinions, and thats understandable.These are still a players club and you have to put a good swing on them to get good results, I would still put these right there with the MP60s.

Its a 5 star *****

#3 rockwallraider

rockwallraider

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18308
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:35 PM

i hit them today in the store and am waiting for my club to get in demo.  i play the 67 and will probably be putting them on ebay tomorrow because of the extra forgivness i need is in the 57.  
top line is bigger than 60 as well as sole.

perfect gap between mx25 and mp60

#4 freddiec

freddiec

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2258
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

Heat Mizer, great review.

I just hit the 6 iron in doors and it felt really good. I did notice that the ball gets up slightly higher than the mp 60s. The demo had the DG S300 shaft. The 1st think i noticed right off the bat is how incredible the club looks at address, definitely slightly thicker top line, which didn't bother me at all the the balance of the club during the swing felt really great.  After hitting the 6 iron about 25 times, I walked over and looked at some of the competitor clubs in the same category (don't want to mention any names), but everything else looked ugly to me. (I'm serious).  I think if I got a set, i'd go with the Project X shaft, because i have a feeling the S300 might tend to hit the ball too high for me, but overall Mizzy did a great job with these.

#5 Starbucks_Drunk

Starbucks_Drunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32189
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:09 PM

I went to a Mizuno demo today and tested a few different clubs they had. I just recently purchased the X-20's and I have been playing with them for a couple of months just couldn't get a good feel for them. Previous to that I was playing with Titeleist DCI 981 that I really liked. After hitting the MP-57, it felt comfortable at setup and reminded me of my 981. I hit about 30 to 40 balls and like the previous comment, if you hit it in the sweet spot, it feels good. If you are off, it will let you know. I really like the club. I had the Mizuno rep set me up and I ordered the MP-57 and returned the X-20. This is my first set of Mizuno, and I am confident these will be in my bag for awhile. I also orders a 51* the new MP T wedge. Go check them out, I think you will be impressed. I will post an update once I get them and have the opportunity to play out on the course.

Edited by Starbucks_Drunk, 27 September 2007 - 10:31 PM.

#6 mws0623

mws0623

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39698
  • Ebay ID:joleen0623

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:41 PM

Mizuno fans,
These great looking irons are just what I was looking for. I looked at miura and titleist, but ended up with the MP-57's

My LH custom built 57's were just finished by my clubmaker, 3-PW plus the new T series tour grind wedges ( 51, 56, 60). I had an opportunity to enjoy a few rounds with them and I really like the results. "easyyy" had made a similar post somehwere and I think he had similar results.

I had them made locally because my specs are outside the norm--
Specs are as follows: Lefty, +1 shafts, 2 degree upright, D-5 or so swingweight,  exact weighted and frequency matched --pured stiff tapered shafts, mid size DD2 grips, etc.
I find the effort and cost was well worth it. Besides, the iron head we ordered were the lighter B or C weights if I am not mistaken. ( the rest of you mizuno players are playing the correct head weight for YOUR swing, right?)  The guys at the local demo day were not able to give me exactly what I was looking for thru a retailer or golf shop, and I would have never gotten the craftsmanship from the factory that is available locally.

My index is 6.5 but soon should be back to 4 or so soon!

Review:
Fantastic. coming out of TM RACLT2 I am finding the irons more workable but forgiving, as long if not longer than the taylors, and much more consistent. The RACs were stock head weights which were too heavy for me with the +1 shafts I think. ( or maybe it was the shafts). Anyway I knew I wanted to get back to forged.

I really like the feel and feedback on pure as well as slightly missed hits.
Of course, two rounds can't make for a comprehensive review, but needless to say, I really like them, mostly becuase the misses are not as wide, and the distance control is more predictable.

As I understand it Mizuno is one of the few clubmakers with different head weights available, and this give them an edge over some of the others, IMO. Obviously, the correct combination of shaft, club, grip, frequency and total weight is key. I probably would have had similarly great results with the MP-60, but I decided on the 57's.

The moral of the story, so to speak, is if your personal specs are outside the standard range, you will never know if an iron is any good without some form of clubfitting.
I like the MP-57's because they can be custom fit to my game.

#7 hnsurgeon

hnsurgeon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34581

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:48 AM

After spending over 1 month with these irons, I finally had a verdict: I love them.

When I initially got these clubs (shipped from Discount Dan's), I was a tad disappointed by the appearance.  I had been playing with MP-60s, so I was closely comparing the 2 clubs.  It looked simiar to the MP60s, and just didn't look more forgiving.  I was expecting a deeper cavity.  I was slightly turned off by the thicker topline and the increased offset of the long irons.  I thought the MP60s look better (very subjective).  Then I read on this website that the MP57s were just 7% more forgiving than the MP60s.  So even before I took my first swing, I was quite skeptical these clubs are the "crowning achievement in the evolution of Mizuno's award winning Grain Flow Forging and Cut Muscle technologies."

Yet once I started hitting them, I realized that these are great clubs.  I can only compare them to the MP60s and i10s as I have not played other clubs in the past year.  

Appearance:
I still like the appearance of the MP32s and MP60s better.  I like simple elegance.  The cavity of the MP57s seems busy, a combination of the MP30s with Cut Muscle.  The thicker sole, thicker topline, slightly more noticeable offset (in long irons) don't bother me as much as before, perhaps because I know these features help the club in being more forgiving.  So the look has grown on me.  I won't even comment on the i10s.

Feel:
Very similar to the MP60s, although my shafts are different and comparing the feel is unfair.  In the begining, I thought there was a slight difference, but now I am not so sure.  When I put a steep descending swing and take good size divots with these clubs, the feel is...butter (this word seems to drive cast iron fans crazy).  Mishits are mishits.  They don't feel any better than other clubs.  The i10s felt pretty very good, too, but there is no question there is a difference in feel between the 57s and the i10s.

Forgiveness:
To me, these are significantly more forgiving than the MP60s.  I feel they are similar in forgiveness as the i10s.  I have not demoed the MX25s, so I don't know if the MP57s are in the middle between the 60s and 25s.  

Accuracy:
Not sure it this has to do with the club head.  With the project X shaft, these clubs have very tight disperson.  My MP60s and i10s, again, has a different shaft and there is significant wider disperson with the Nippon and stock Ping shaft.

Distance:
I haven't lost distance going from MP60s with Nippon 950 to these, thank goodness.  The i10s in stock R shaft also is not any longer.

I wanted a more forgiving MP60s and found it in these clubs.

#8 markb

markb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25776

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

looking to buy the mp57 or taylormade r7 tp. which one should i buy?

Edited by markb, 25 October 2007 - 06:41 PM.

#9 Chile Guy

Chile Guy

Chile Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21137
  • Ebay ID:rudolph1golf
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

If you have a repeatable and relatively smooth swing go for the MP 57's.  I played Ping Eye 2's for 20 years and then Mizuno MX23's and until I got my MP57's I played MP32's which were not so forgiving but were superior in every other way to the 23's and the Ping Eye.  (Coincidently, the Ping Eye 2's original square grooves are the golf clubs where the marketing term "forgiving" really came into vogue.  Because they were cavity backed, enlarging the sweet spot forgiveness translated into "straight" relatively speaking with some loss of distance.  Ball flight translated into anything, grounders,  sky Balls, etc.  But straight.)  Anyway, the MP57's are much more forgiving than the MP32's, duh, and maybe as forgiving as the Ping Eye 2's and the MX 23's.  I went for them because I like a traditional looking (No plastic, polymers, shock absorbers, etc.) golf club.   Sometimes "forgiving" translates into "no feedback" which is really a bummer because you can never really tell when your swing mis-fires.  I learned on Wilson Blades and the feedback was like a Looney Tunes Cartoon character with miss-hit vibrations starting in the fingers and ending in your ears.  In my opinion, forgiveness is way over done as a marketing asset for golf club manufacturers.  Most golfers know that a club might be forgiving but a bad swing will hold a grudge and a golf club has never made that will correct a bad swing.  So, if you have a sound game go with the MP57's.  They will forgive if your swing sins are pardonable, but they just look so much like golf clubs you'll want to hit them better.  They'll hold their value better and I think the MP57's will become Mizuno's best selling iron ever overtaking the MX23.
The Chile Guy

#10 MrJones

MrJones

Waiting for the weekend...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Handicap:8.8
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

I went from the MX-25s, to the Cobra S9s, and now these Mp-57s.

Being an 11 handicap I worried that after being used to my giant cavity backs I wouldn't be able to hit them but my desire to control the ball better made me try them. The night I recieved them I went straight to the range. There was no need to wory because I had absolutely no problem hitting them. Ball flight was completely different from my cobras and the distances were almost the same even though my cobras were 2 to 3 degrees stronger on lofts. I believe it's because of the penetrating ball flight.

After a few rounds I'm in love. It's much easier to move the ball with these than it was with my old clubs. The long irons get up as high if not higher than my cobras. I'm freakin lovin my 3-iron. My mishits are the same as my mishits with any iron so the smaller clubhead is really not a factor. As far as forgivness they're right up there with my old MX-25's.

I'd recomend a set of these to anyone that  makes consistant contact with their irons.

Ping I25
Cobra Amp 3 wood
Cobra Amp 3-4 hybrid
Mizuno MP-33, 3-PW
MP-R 52* Callaway 58*
Boccieri Heavy Putter P3-M

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Adidas_23

Adidas_23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35944

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

Hi Guys and gals,

Hit the MP-57s today the demo day (golf mart, foster city, ca (northern ca).  here is my review.

index: 13.9, age 30, not a long hitter (avg drive 230-240 or so and hit my 7 iron about 160) I currently have the mp60s 7-P and MX25 5,6 with NS nippon Pro 950, stiff shafts

when I bought my clubs, I was consistent enough with the MP60 to get the 6 iron in it, but the 5 iron was hit or miss, so I decided to go 5,6 in the mx 25 so my 5 iron would not be lonely.   :man_in_love: all I can say is that i wish the mp57 would have been around when I bought my clubs.  I love my 60s, but my problem with the mx25s is that I don't get enough feedback and the feel is muted when I get it.  the results are fine, but I like more feedback in my clubs (thus I love the 60s).  I am probably splitting hairs here, and should just be happy I can get the 5-6 iron straight, but then I wouldn't be a ho.

to the 57s.  when I look at them, I don't see the thicker topline that others mention.  obviously, it is there since the geometry says so, but it looks solid to me, very blade like, like my 60s.  the offset is barely noticeable, I think (but let me preface that with I was hitting the 4 and 6 irons, since that is what I was looking to replace).  the feel is between the 25s and the 60s.  center hits feel flush, off center hits will surrender distance but you know where you hit it, which I like, but the sweet spot is as large as my 25s.  like I said above, I stopped my set at the 5 iron, and had a 4 and 3 hybrid.  the 3 and 4 hybrid basically went the same distance (210ish) so I need a club between my 5iron (180ish) and my 3H.  so basically I needed a 4 iron. (liked the lower flight of the iron, as opposed to the 4H, as well) I usually can not hit a 4 iron to save my life, and have tried the x-tour 4 iron, pings, titleists and any other 4iron I can find as one offs on the used rack.

after hitting the 57s, I am sold.  when i first looked at the 4iron, mp57 at address, I thought, oh crap, this thing looks hard to hit, but when I hit it, straight and good distance.  my ball flight was perfect (they luckily had my nippon shaft as a demo) and the distance with the 4 iron was perfect, 190-200ish.  I took a break and cooled down a bit, just to make sure it wasn't because I was "in the zone".  when I came back, same results.   if I had extra cash I would have bought the 4-6 in the 57s, but alas, I can't and returned my latest 4 iron (x-tour), and bought the mp57 4 iron.  good swings are rewarded, mishits are not, but the sweet spot is big enough that those of us with imperfect swings can still muster the ball out there enough to be happy.  and the feel is normal mizuno, just solid.

if someone wants the feel of a mizuno, feedback and looks of the 60, but forgivness of the 25s, it would be a good idea to give these a try.  I can not give an opinon on the higher clubs (7-P), but for the longer irons, they are perfect for me.  the look inspires confidence, IMO, since it looks like a blade (and the innter wanna be pro appreciates that) but it performs like a cavity back.  try to hit it outside, so you can see the ball flight.  mizuno offers tons of shafts, so you just have to fine the right combo that works for you.

on a side note, I also hit the Mp600 driver (the one with the movable weights) and the clk hybrid (4I) and both clubs felt muted to me and didn't feel "poppy".  but I only hit half a dozen balls each so could be because of that.

Edited by Adidas_23, 27 October 2007 - 07:43 PM.

#12 tagermo

tagermo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8116
  • Ebay ID:tagermo

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

The past two years I have played the MX-23's and today my MP-57's with Rifle Project X shafts arrived. I was able to get out and play a quick nine holes and I am very impressed by the feel and the forgiveness.

I had considered mxing my MX-23's and using the 5 and 6 iron from the 23's with the 7-PW of the MP-57's, but amazingly I seemed to find the 57's 5&6 iron easier to hit than expected so am going to stick with the whole set.

In comparing the distance between the two I find them comparable but that may be more to do with the shafts than the heads themselves. I played the TX-90 in the 23's and playing PX in the 57's.

Great set of irons I am very impressed. Can't wait to get in a full round this week.

#13 birdiecowboy

birdiecowboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38404

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:51 PM

View Postmarkb, on Oct 25 2007, 08:09 PM, said:

looking to buy the mp57 or taylormade r7 tp. which one should i buy?

Buy the ones that are the cheapest if you arn't going to try them yourself. otherwise you are going to take the advise from someone who has absolutely no clue what would work best for you.

#14 tarheel golf

tarheel golf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2596

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:13 AM

For years I played the MP29 and love them. Decided to go with some forgiveness and went with the Taylormade 300- a great iron with the feel of the 29 but forgiving. For several years I have tried to find something new, tried Callaway X Tours, Titleist, Ping, Srixion, and Callaway X Forged. I recently went to the Mizuno 57's and they have found a home. Soft and forgiiving- great iron. PS. keeping my 300's as a backup set

#15 FlyFish

FlyFish

FlyFish

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19815
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 17 November 2007 - 11:59 PM

Trajectory and sole is the same as MP-60.  The feel is hollow compared to MP-60 and MP-32.   They are a tiny bit more forgiving than MP-60.

The bird logo on the sole detracts from the otherwise nice appearance.

#16 hbear

hbear

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3507
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:01 AM

Sole is actualy a bit wider than the MP60...as well as a touch more offset and thicker topline.

If you look close it's pretty obvious.
Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Ahina 70x
Callaway XHot Pro 15* w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

#17 exlinegolf

exlinegolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6507

Posted 30 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

I found the 60's were a lot more diggy than the 32's.  Has anyone else found the same & how are these going thru the turf compared to the 60's?

#18 biggs2421

biggs2421

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28108

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

I recently went to get fitted for mizuno irons. I was interested in the mp 57 and the mp 60. From reading various magazines, talking to other golfers, and reading some blogs from this website I thought that Mizuno was the way to go. In mid season I get down to a 2 handicap so I felt somewhat of a players iron would be the correct way to go. I have played my trusty set of Titleist 962b's for the past 8 years. After being fitted I found out that I needed 3 degrees upright and 1/2 inch longer shaft. Played standard lies and length for my entire life, hopefully this will help improve my game. After hitting both the 57 and 60 I decided to go with the 57's. I felt that they were noticiably more forgiving than the 60's with out much difference in look. The topline of the 57 is slightly bigger, but not enough to turn me off. I just felt with a similiar look and feel, why not take the forgiveness. I also felt that the trajectory of the mid and long irons in the 57 was prettier. Both sets are beautys, but a choice had to be made. Along with 3 degrees upright, and 1/2 in. length added, I also upgraded to the project x shafts, and those sweet looking blue and black golf pride grips. Can't wait for them to arrive, eventhough 4 inches of snow just fell last night. I hope I play as well with them as I did my b's.

#19 blkjazz

blkjazz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 746
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

My MP-57s arrived this afternoon. :)

Beautiful clubs. Very similar to my 32s at address. More offset but still Mizuno sweet. I just hope the weather will allow me to get in 18 with them tomorrow morning.

Update: Got in 18 yesterday and I am impressed. I barely notice the size difference. The feel, while slightly different from the 32s, is still unmistakably Mizuno. They certainly do not feel "hollow" as one poster suggested. I am very pleased.

Edited by blkjazz, 17 December 2007 - 12:29 AM.

#20 stealthontour

stealthontour

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23878
  • Ebay ID:pea_brain

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:25 AM

I've got a combo set, and have the MP-57 in 5-8, and the MP-67 in 9,PW because I wanted a more blade/wedge feel to my 9i and PW..

I like Mizuno irons, there's something about the feel that other irons can't match for me....The MP-57's are probably the easiest 'blade style' irons I've ever used, the cavity back makes hitting the 5i as easy as the 8i and the offset just helps with confidence if your not a pure blade player.... The sole doesn't dig as much as the MP-32's and X-Forged i've previously used so again it helps if you don't strike down on the ball just right every time...

I would say they are the perfect iron if your looking to venture into blades for the first time, as they are forged so you get good and bad feedback, but you won't be punished as much if you don't strike it out of the middle like you would with a muscle back iron.... The way Mizuno have got there product line at the moment is perfect for making up your own combo set like I have, the MP Fli-Hi's are great long iron replacements, I've been so happy with the 4 that I'm also ordering the 3....

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 duffer311

duffer311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42356
  • Ebay ID:wtaylor311

Posted 25 December 2007 - 04:05 PM

I too started on (and still use) Wilson blades LH FG 17s. I am looking to update my bag with something along the blade line but, has forgiviness.  Do you think I would be better of by getting the MP57's or looking at the MP 32's?

Thanks,

#22 duff

duff

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29325

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

View Postduffer311, on Dec 25 2007, 04:05 PM, said:

I too started on (and still use) Wilson blades LH FG 17s. I am looking to update my bag with something along the blade line but, has forgiviness.  Do you think I would be better of by getting the MP57's or looking at the MP 32's?

Thanks,

If you are looking for something more forgiving, I would go with the 57's.

The 32's are also great irons and many people really like them.

Before making your decision, I would test them both.

#23 lbhitter

lbhitter

BadaPing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2346
  • Ebay ID:LBHITTER
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

Just got a set of these in 4-PW with Rifle PX 5.5.  Special ordered the 4 iron as a Mizuno Fli Hi.  Payed my first round with them today and they are fabulous.  Great look, and great forgiveness.  I am a former MP60 owner, and although I loved the MP60s they were not very forgiving.  The MP57 is very forgiving and easy to elevate.  I had Ping I10s, but like these much better.

FWIW, Mizuno actually offers PX shafts as a $6 upgrade.  PX5.5 is their standard shaft so if you order it there is no waiting.  Other PX flexes will be a short wait, but still only $6 per for the upgrade.  Awesome deal if you ask me.

LB
SLDR White Tie
SLDR 3HL
Callaway Steelhead 5w
Mizuno MP-H5
Ping Ketsch
SM4/SM5/TVD/DGS200

#24 MT1Putt

MT1Putt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2402

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:15 PM

I'm pretty much in the same boat with Mr. Jones.  Been playing Ping G 5's and before that TM Rac's.

I'm a 10 and made the mistake of picking up a demo 6 iron MP-57 at a local golf store a couple of weeks ago.  I could not believe the feel.  I had looked at the MP-60's a couple of years ago and felt that they were a little too much for me, but the 57's felt soooo good.  I got fitted and my set came in today.  I won't be able to use them for another six weeks but I'm staying up all night to look at them.

#25 MT1Putt

MT1Putt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2402

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:15 PM

I'm pretty much in the same boat with Mr. Jones.  Been playing Ping G 5's and before that TM Rac's.

I'm a 10 and made the mistake of picking up a demo 6 iron MP-57 at a local golf store a couple of weeks ago.  I could not believe the feel.  I had looked at the MP-60's a couple of years ago and felt that they were a little too much for me, but the 57's felt soooo good.  I got fitted and my set came in today.  I won't be able to use them for another six weeks but I'm staying up all night to look at them.

#26 dowgold

dowgold

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48515
  • Ebay ID:dowgold

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:07 PM

Ok, Here is the deal. I am a 7HCP and I have been playing the MP60 PX 6.0 for quite a while now. I had the opportunity to test the MP 57 with the DG300 during a demo day today against my trusted MP60. First of all, and being very difficult with my clubs, the looks of the 57 did not bother me a bit. Ok, it is a little bit thicker on the top line, but no big deal at all. The club felt much more heavier and for good reason, the DG300 is a heavier shaft. Moving on to forgiveness, the 57 felt a bit more easier to hit, but not that much more... The ball flight was very similar and very nice with no lost of distance. Now the major difference between the two clubs is that the 57 dig more into the turf then the 60. Probably due to the new design. This is definitely the only difference I could come up with after spending over an hour on the driving range. Now, don't be fouled by the NEW PX5.5. Since True Temper has bought Precision, the new version of the PX is a bit stiffer than previously, so before ordering a custom PX6.0, go see you local club maker and have him show you the real difference between the DG300 and PX5.5, I guarantee you that you will be surprise how close they are if not similar. So, am I going to make the switch to the 57? Probably not, but it is a great iron nevertheless and would recommend it. Hope this help....

#27 dopre1968

dopre1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8433

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hi
Just came back from the Golf World 2 day exhibition all major manufacturers had a stand there.
I wanted to see if there is a club to replace my old and trusty MP33.

I tried MP57, it is solid performer, ball just want to go straight and easy to square clubface no matter the swing...
But, feels dead, I just can't feel the club behind me or especialy I can't feel it when it hits the ball.

It is too muted for my liking, does not give a confidence to go and HIT the ball with next swing...

Peter

#28 Bay1524

Bay1524

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43698

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

Just got in from testing out MP57s and 32s. Both were awesome.

The best MP57s I hit were with DGS300 and PX6.0. I tried Rifle 6.0 also, but didn't like the feel of those as much. I had read a lot about the MP57s. I didn't think they could possibly live up to the expectations I had, but they did. Awesome irons.

I may end up putting in a combo of long iron MP57s and short iron 32s, but I'm undecided. Has anyone mixed their set like that? If so, what do you think about the results? Do you wish you would have had one club straight through or do you like the long iron forgiveness?

#29 billyray

billyray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48517
  • Ebay ID:billythekid357

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:45 PM

Just made the switch to the MP-57's from my ugly and bulky feeling Taylor Made's.  The new MP's just blew me away with incredible feel and touch.  If you miss the sweet spot, you will get the feedback but the result won't kill you.  Very easy to work the ball too.  Close up the face a bit, the ball draws.  Open up the face, you get a nice high fade.  How you swing is how it flies.  Love the looks of those beauties too.  You can't help but feel confident standing over the ball with this iron in your hand.

#30 stealthontour

stealthontour

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23878
  • Ebay ID:pea_brain

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:03 PM

View PostA Raj, on Feb 24 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

Just got in from testing out MP57s and 32s. Both were awesome.

The best MP57s I hit were with DGS300 and PX6.0. I tried Rifle 6.0 also, but didn't like the feel of those as much. I had read a lot about the MP57s. I didn't think they could possibly live up to the expectations I had, but they did. Awesome irons.

I may end up putting in a combo of long iron MP57s and short iron 32s, but I'm undecided. Has anyone mixed their set like that? If so, what do you think about the results? Do you wish you would have had one club straight through or do you like the long iron forgiveness?

I've got a MP57-67 combo, I had MP32's and they were great, but you can't order MP32's new anymore, so when I got my custom set made up I chose the 67 in 9i and PW, the set is seemless from 5-PW and I don't really notice the difference between my 8 and 9 when deciding which one to hit.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors