Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Miura CB57 Review


141 replies to this topic

#61 MBBG

MBBG

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 281663
  • Joined: 10/25/2013
  • Location:South Chicagoland
GolfWRX Likes : 624

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

Seems to me that Miuras always have a sweet spot to the heel side of center. Even the 9003. They feel very pure on great strikes, might be you're just not jiving with them yet from an impact point on the face

PRGR Egg Seven
Ping G400 3W
RomaRo Type R 18*
Srixon U45 23*
Mizuno MP-H5 5-P
Vokey Cold Forged 51/56*, PM Grind 60*
Odyssey Works SaberTooth “cheater” putter
In a worn out Tartan Ogio Recoil stand bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 slickca21

slickca21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202901
  • Joined: 09/13/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.

For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57

All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.





2

#63 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 846

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

 slickca21, on 28 September 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.

For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57

All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.

Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

3

#64 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

 gambit, on 10 October 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

 slickca21, on 28 September 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.

For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57

All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.

Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?
57's are superior to the 501 in every way IMO. I played the 501's for over 2 years before going to the CB 57's.

The 57's have a more appealing shape, sole grind, and thicker top line. They fit perfectly between the 501 and pp9003 SN.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

4

#65 slickca21

slickca21

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202901
  • Joined: 09/13/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

 gambit, on 10 October 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

 slickca21, on 28 September 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Thought I would give my 2 cents on the CB 57, since I just had a set made and played them for the first time yesterday. Played 36 holes so, plenty of holes to get myself use to.

I had the set built with the modus 105 and standard everything. The shaft was awesome. Dispersion was tight and felt very smooth. It did feel lighter than the Nippon 1050, I play in my other set though. Mid flight and no ballooning. For me, I got much better numbers with these than the tour 120. I had too much spin with the 120.

For the irons, they are definitely more forgiving than the 501s and if you came from set of blades, which is my other set. Honestly, if you came from anything that is already somewhat cavity back, the 57s aren't going to be more forgiving. The feeling of hitting the centre of the club is pure joy because of that weight bar. It also acts as a great teaching aid since there is a very discernible difference when you catch one low or high, toe or heel. The feeing isn't the same. As for the look, the top line is a little thicker than my mp4s. I don't particularly find thicker clubs to be a confidence builder, I actually like looking down at a nice blade, so these will take a while to get use to. I found the the 501s, to be more aesthetically pleasing at address than the 57

All in all, a great club and a great upgrade depending on the set you are coming from. I'm still on the fence with them. The season is going the over soon here so I'm going to keep hacking away with them and will decide if they stay or go before next season.

Nice write up. I've been playing J40CBs and just got a set of 501CBs off a member here. The top line is noticeably thinner on the 501s and a little shorter blade length. In comparison to the 57s are the 57s really more forgiving since they're even a little shorter in blade length than the 501s? Also, in reading other reviews I heard the top lines and soles of the 57s were about the same as the 501s, but the leading edge of the 57s were a little different. Is that accurate? Is there more offset to the 57s than the 501s?

The 501s have a very sharp leading edge and depending on your swing could dig on on you. The 57 is a shorter blade length but the top line is thicker than the 501s. There is a great review somewhere that compares the 2 and with the mb001 on this forum somewhere.

I find the 57 more forgiving than the 501 especially in toe hits.

The 57 has a different sole grind than the 501 which makes turf interaction supposedly better. This is very noticeable when you compare them both. Tomorrow will be my third round with them and today's range session with them was my best as I got more use to them and the shafts.

As for offset, I can't tell if there is more. According to specs it does have more offset, but you can't tell with the naked eye. I believe the 57s also have less bounce than the 501s





5

#66 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 846

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:40 PM

So basically you guys are telling me to go buy a set of 57s...ok fine!
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

6

#67 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 846

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

How easy are the short irons for the mb001s to hit? Never played an mb but a combo set sounds pretty sweet.
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

7

#68 Georgie Z

Georgie Z

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167093
  • Joined: 03/01/2012
  • Handicap:6.2
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:19 PM

There is a good review from a member who has the combo.  It might be in this thread actually.

8

#69 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...tach_id=2398667

[attachment=2987660:image.jpeg]
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

9

#70 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 846

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:45 PM

Thanks guys.

Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

Another accolade for the CB57 is the precise feedback it offers, forgiveness of a CB, but the feedback of an MB.

I tested the Mizuno MP5 a few weeks ago, and the feedback was no where on par as the 57's.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

11

#72 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

 MJisGOAT, on 10 October 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:


That's wicked low bounce. Wow.

2017 WORLD CHAMPION

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W. I. T. B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero TC 16.5° Rombax P95 X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 26.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series CB-57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400

Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


12

#73 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

 Raidersgolf99, on 02 January 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 10 October 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:


That's wicked low bounce. Wow.

With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.


Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

13

#74 FLOGMR

FLOGMR

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131781
  • Joined: 06/27/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

 gambit, on 10 October 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

How easy are the short irons for the mb001s to hit? Never played an mb but a combo set sounds pretty sweet.

I have been playing a combo set of MB's and CB 57's for over a year... MB - PW,9,8...CB 57 - 7,6,5,4 then a new NEO 3 hybrid (An HB 3 before that)...very easy to hit the MB's if you like blades and are a steady ball striker. I also have the CB 57 PW,9,8 which I put in the bag during the winter for mud golf conditions. I hit them about the same for distance but feel the CB's are easier to hit in the wet sloppy conditions of the PNW....I prefer chipping and pitching with the MB's. To each his own for sure but the combo set is truly sweet and you get a lot of looks at the course. I spent 4 days at Bandon Dunes in October and spent as much time showing the clubs to the staff and other players as I did playing golf ;) ... Okay, maybe not quite, but really did get a lot of attention with the combo set-up. Love them....going to be in the bag for some time to come. :)

BTW....last round of the year was at home and was 69....my age.......... Happy New Year to all. :rockon:

Edited by FLOGMR, 02 January 2016 - 08:21 PM.


14

#75 laguna79

laguna79

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43840
  • Joined: 12/13/2007
  • Location:Australia
  • Ebay ID:laguna79
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:40 AM

I'm I dreaming to think I can go to 57's from Mizuno MP-54's ?

I'm currently trying to arrange to travel 1000 miles to a fitter later on in the year with getting a set of 57's as the goal.

Any feed back would be great or suggestions of a more realistic progression from my Mizuno MP-54's

Taylormade M2
Taylormade M1 HL
Adams Pro Black SF9031 20
4-PW Miura CB-501
Titleist SM6 52 /62
[size=3]Yururi Tour 58

[size=3]Odyssey #7 Versa

15

#76 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:49 PM

 MJisGOAT, on 02 January 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

 Raidersgolf99, on 02 January 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 10 October 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:


That's wicked low bounce. Wow.

With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.

How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?

2017 WORLD CHAMPION

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W. I. T. B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero TC 16.5° Rombax P95 X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 26.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series CB-57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400

Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


16

#77 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:34 PM

 Raidersgolf99, on 06 January 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 02 January 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

 Raidersgolf99, on 02 January 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 10 October 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:


That's wicked low bounce. Wow.

With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.

How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?

I personally don't think thats a match that works. The BB's are a completely different set of irons. Both the MB001's and CB 57's have the same leading edge grind, and the irons flow almost seamless on into the scoring irons. I can't recall the turf interaction on the BB's because they were just too less of an iron to look down at for me (0 confidence) and I didn't really give them the time of day that they may deserve or shall I say demand.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

17

#78 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

 MJisGOAT, on 06 January 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

 Raidersgolf99, on 06 January 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 02 January 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

 Raidersgolf99, on 02 January 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 10 October 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:


That's wicked low bounce. Wow.

With the grind, they don't play like low bounce. With the 501's and TB's they had a tendency to get stuck (steep) in soft conditions. The mb001 and CB 57 have less bounce than the TB's and 501's but the grind makes all the difference.

How do my Baby Blades fit into that equation, if you don't mind sharing your thoughts?

I personally don't think thats a match that works. The BB's are a completely different set of irons. Both the MB001's and CB 57's have the same leading edge grind, and the irons flow almost seamless on into the scoring irons. I can't recall the turf interaction on the BB's because they were just too less of an iron to look down at for me (0 confidence) and I didn't really give them the time of day that they may deserve or shall I say demand.

Man, I love them :-)

Would your feelings remain the same if I told you I was only planning on using a CB57 5 iron and playing 6-P Baby Blade?

Essentially would that eliminate your concerns of transition into scoring clubs?

Thanks!

2017 WORLD CHAMPION

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W. I. T. B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero TC 16.5° Rombax P95 X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 26.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series CB-57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400

Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


18

#79 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

Has anyone asked Joe Kwok to hand grind CB57's to blend with a set of Baby Blades?


2017 WORLD CHAMPION

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W. I. T. B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero TC 16.5° Rombax P95 X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 26.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series CB-57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400

Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


19

#80 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

That's up to you, but typically the grind comes in handy on the short irons (when your angle of attack tends to be a bit steeper). Nothing is concrete in golf.

If the cb57's didn't have the grind, I wouldn't praise them. I was going to go cb1007's with the y grind till I heard talk about the cb57's. I waited most of 2014 in anticipation for the 57's snd they finally delivered.

They're as playable as ping s55's with looks and feel to follow. They have mid/low bounce that is perfect for those dry conditions and yet the grind helps in the soft conditions.

Not too many things are perfect (if any) but the cb57's are about as perfect as it's gonna get for the discerning and applicable golfer.

Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hmmmmmm. Wow!

May have to watch for a steal on a set, based on your description.

2017 WORLD CHAMPION

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W. I. T. B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero TC 16.5° Rombax P95 X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 26.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series CB-57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400

Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


21

#82 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

 Raidersgolf99, on 09 January 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Hmmmmmm. Wow!

May have to watch for a steal on a set, based on your description.

http://m.ebay.com/it...4294?nav=SEARCH
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

22

#83 nitram

nitram

    Take Dead Aim

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,079 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Joined: 05/15/2007
  • Location:WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 1182

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:29 PM

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^
JBeam BM-435 Blackout 10* Matrix TP7HDX
TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
PING S55 4-W DGTI X100
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 56SS, & 60ES DGTI S400
Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0

23

#84 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

 nitram, on 09 January 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

24

#85 station2station

station2station

    Hall of Fame

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1297

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:21 AM

 laguna79, on 04 January 2016 - 04:40 AM, said:

I'm I dreaming to think I can go to 57's from Mizuno MP-54's ?

I'm currently trying to arrange to travel 1000 miles to a fitter later on in the year with getting a set of 57's as the goal.

Any feed back would be great or suggestions of a more realistic progression from my Mizuno MP-54's

A "WRX like" for having PJ Harvey as your avatar.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

25

#86 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

 MJisGOAT, on 09 January 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

 nitram, on 09 January 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

2017 WORLD CHAMPION

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W. I. T. B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero TC 16.5° Rombax P95 X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 26.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series CB-57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400

Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


26

#87 tincup_jeff

tincup_jeff

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407318
  • Joined: 01/01/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:tincup_jeff
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

 Raidersgolf99, on 10 January 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 09 January 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

 nitram, on 09 January 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

You get what you pay for.  The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape  (unless you don't care...).

I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.

27

#88 federerfan23

federerfan23

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7662
  • Joined: 11/10/2005
  • Location:Midwest
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:50 PM

I'm looking to buy a set if anyone is selling.

Edited by federerfan23, 29 January 2016 - 09:51 PM.


28

#89 EaglesGolf99

EaglesGolf99

    (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141693
  • Joined: 10/08/2011
  • Location:Foxboro, MA
  • Ebay ID:AceLaird
GolfWRX Likes : 296

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

 tincup_jeff, on 29 January 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

 Raidersgolf99, on 10 January 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

 MJisGOAT, on 09 January 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

 nitram, on 09 January 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

^^^^ Opportunity has a tendency to knock this time of year ^^^^

Yep, and I've seen these in hand. If I didn't have my eye on some other items I would of bought them for myself.

I wish. Now isn't the right time for a 1200 purchase. I saw a set of 4-P go for 650 a month or so before Christmas, if I saw that again, I may bite. But not the set listed. Great looking set and Chip is a great guy.

You get what you pay for.  The set listed at 1200 are in pretty good shape...I can't imagine the set for 650 would be in great shape  (unless you don't care...).

I got a mint set of 57's (from a seller on here) for 1,100 shipped.

You don't say? ... If you'll notice, I currently play Baby Blades.

And the 57's I saw go for $650 were mint, 4-P. Obviously, plus shipping.

2017 WORLD CHAMPION

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES



W. I. T. B.



Callaway Epic Forged JDM 10.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 X

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero TC 16.5° Rombax P95 X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 18.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 20.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 23.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway Apex Hybrid TC 26.0° TourSpec 904HB X

Callaway X Forged UT 30.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series CB-57 7-8 SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series Baby Blade 9-P SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 52.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura Raw Hand Grind 58.0° / 10.0° SteelFiber i110 S

Miura 1957 Series KM-350 DGTI Black Onyx S-400

Callaway 2017 Chrome Soft X


29

#90 subwrx

subwrx

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310037
  • Joined: 04/21/2014
  • Location:Edmonton
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:23 PM

 MJisGOAT, on 07 September 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

I'll echo the positives stressed throughout the thread. Once you find the right shaft and head combo, these are near perfection.

Discover Perfection!

I have to agree! I loved my modified 501's so much so that I wanted another set for travel so I went with the 57's with the same shafts as my 501's but this time I said "yes" to my fitters question to splineing the shafts and I have to be honest,,,, I'm usually playing these over my 501's

Edited by subwrx, 31 January 2016 - 07:24 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors