Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 1 votes

Miura CB57 Review


141 replies to this topic

#121 glensmithis

glensmithis

    GlenSmith

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366863
  • Joined: 03/17/2015
  • Location:Chicagoland---for now
  • Handicap:2.6
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

View Posttincup_jeff, on 11 December 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

View Postdukediv2011, on 20 October 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Definitely considering a set of these irons. Can anyone give a long-term review of them?

I've had the lust for CB57's for a long time and finally bought them about a year ago.  I wanted ultra feel and buttery soft response.  I must say that I was disappointed when I absolutely nutted the ball, it felt more like a muted/ click response.  I wanted silk in my hands when I hit it right, and it just didn't work out that way (for me).  Turf interaction was pretty good.

I'm currently gaming the Bridgestone J15 MB's.  Butter soft, and high launching with my D.G. X100's in them (I have a steep angle of attack).

Yea, “butter” is NOT a Miura feel.  Miura is a SOLID, ball compressing, pure feeling ‘click’.  I actually feel that I get better feedback from my Miura Small “Baby” Blades than I ever did with a “buttery” feeling iron.  I know when and where I miss when I miss.

Edited by glensmithis, 11 December 2016 - 09:25 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#122 SmoothStroker81

SmoothStroker81

    I'd rather be driving a Kirkland Sig

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441810
  • Joined: 09/28/2016
  • Location:Half Moon Bay
  • Ebay ID:jeff21ut
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:37 PM

MY CB57's are solid and explosive, sending the ball on a boring/piercing trajectory with Modus 120X shafts.  Definitely the most solid feeling irons I've hit.

Hitting them off mats at the driving range was a little disappointing, but on the course with real balls is where they shine.

Edited by SmoothStroker81, 12 December 2016 - 12:37 PM.

Driver: Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 125 70TX
3W: Taylormade M2 15 Tour AD Di-7X
5W: Taylormade M1 19 Tour AD Di-7X
2i & 4i Honma TW-U Forged w/ Nippon Modus 105X
5i-PW: Miura CB-57 w/ Nippon Modus 120X
Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Black Lab BL-1
Bag: Ping Hoofer

2

#123 Redpro

Redpro

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107190
  • Joined: 04/30/2010
  • Location:DFW
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Have the 4-PW CB-57's and hit them on the range for the first time today. Wonderful clubs, perfect turf interaction . . . shallow half-dollar bill divot. I have the F3 95 Recoil shafts in them.

Now community, please recommend a suitable gap wedge (50, 51 degrees) to go along with that club head style.

Thank you!

3

#124 Hopnstopnputt

Hopnstopnputt

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379558
  • Joined: 06/07/2015
  • Location:DC Metro
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

With a 47* PW in the CBs you can stick with the "1957" series, and pick up a y-grind 51* or, if you prefer a little less bounce, grab a k-grind 52* and bend stronger.

I actually game a 49* y-grind but tend to use it more when I have my stronger lofted (45* PW) OnOffs in the bag.

Edited by Hopnstopnputt, 15 December 2016 - 06:34 PM.


4

#125 Redpro

Redpro

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107190
  • Joined: 04/30/2010
  • Location:DFW
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostHopnstopnputt, on 15 December 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

With a 47* PW in the CBs you can stick with the "1957" series, and pick up a y-grind 51* or, if you prefer a little less bounce, grab a k-grind 52* and bend stronger.

I actually game a 49* y-grind but tend to use it more when I have my stronger lofted (45* PW) OnOffs in the bag.

That's good advice. I'll look for one of those two.

Meanwhile . . . love the turf interaction!!

[attachment=3638852:Miura.jpg]

Edited by Redpro, 17 December 2016 - 04:04 PM.


5

#126 SmoothStroker81

SmoothStroker81

    I'd rather be driving a Kirkland Sig

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441810
  • Joined: 09/28/2016
  • Location:Half Moon Bay
  • Ebay ID:jeff21ut
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:24 PM

Great piercing ball flight with the CB57's and the Modus 120x's
Driver: Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 125 70TX
3W: Taylormade M2 15 Tour AD Di-7X
5W: Taylormade M1 19 Tour AD Di-7X
2i & 4i Honma TW-U Forged w/ Nippon Modus 105X
5i-PW: Miura CB-57 w/ Nippon Modus 120X
Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Black Lab BL-1
Bag: Ping Hoofer

6

#127 glensmithis

glensmithis

    GlenSmith

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366863
  • Joined: 03/17/2015
  • Location:Chicagoland---for now
  • Handicap:2.6
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

I am thinks about putting the Fujikura MCI Black shafts in a set of CB-57's.  Anyone have experience with that shaft?

7

#128 chuckymullins38

chuckymullins38

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357957
  • Joined: 01/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

Can anyone compare the cb57 to the miura giken cb-1007 y grind ? thanks in advance.

8

#129 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:30 PM

View Postchuckymullins38, on 19 December 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

Can anyone compare the cb57 to the miura giken cb-1007 y grind ? thanks in advance.

Not much to compare, the 57 is simply the North American iteration of the MG 1007. Nearly identical design with the same grind.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

9

#130 SmoothStroker81

SmoothStroker81

    I'd rather be driving a Kirkland Sig

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441810
  • Joined: 09/28/2016
  • Location:Half Moon Bay
  • Ebay ID:jeff21ut
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

Do the short irons of the miura giken cb-1007 y grind also have a low trajectory?

Driver: Taylormade M2 9.5 Rogue 125 70TX
3W: Taylormade M2 15 Tour AD Di-7X
5W: Taylormade M1 19 Tour AD Di-7X
2i & 4i Honma TW-U Forged w/ Nippon Modus 105X
5i-PW: Miura CB-57 w/ Nippon Modus 120X
Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Vokey SM6
Putter: Black Lab BL-1
Bag: Ping Hoofer

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#131 Tcann32

Tcann32

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 343581
  • Joined: 10/07/2014
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:tcannon32
GolfWRX Likes : 1971

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

Maybe someone else will have some different input than me on them, but I've owned 2 different  Miura CB's (LH CB and Miura MG CB) and two sets of MB's (LH Black Blades, and MG MB). All sets were pretty much the same, as I believe all the lefty MB's are essentially TB's with some very moderate changes, if any at all.  Currently still own the long irons in the MG CB's, the full set of LH CB's and the LTD Black Blades.

My question for anyone else that has extensively gamed the CB's and the MB's: Did you actually notice much of a difference between them? I ask this because I really don't notice any advantage to playing the CB's. Personally, I've tested the CB's against a few other sets of CB / players irons (2013 x forged, apex pros, and cobra king ltd's. The cobra's were a combo set, so I tested the mb's with my miura mb's and the CB's against my miura cb's), and have found other CB's to hold the advantages of CB's that most would want in terms of forgiveness, larger sole, size, etc, but the Miura's really only seem to launch a touch higher in the comparison of MB/CB.

This question is really sort of limited because of my options as a lefty, so I haven't gotten to try the 501's, PP's, etc.

This isn't a knock on Miura. I'm a true fan boy, but I was just curious if other's have come up with anything similar.
What's actually in the bag...
Callaway Epic SZ-9.0-Aldila X-Torsion Green Mamba-70TX
Callaway Epic SZ 15* - PX Handcrafted Yellow 75 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21* - C- taper S+
Miura LH LTD Black Blades: 3-p w/ DG TI X7's.
Cleveland RTX 3: 50-54 w. C-Taper S+
Scratch 1018: 58 w/ C-Taper S+
Piretti Potenza / Odyssey MX #7

Others gamed on occasion:
Callaway BBA (2014)
Callaway 13 X Forged w/ AMT X100's (hard stepped once)
Scratch Golf 51,55,58,59
Wilson Staff Kirk Currie Milled

11

#132 Tcann32

Tcann32

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 343581
  • Joined: 10/07/2014
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:tcannon32
GolfWRX Likes : 1971

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostRedpro, on 15 December 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Have the 4-PW CB-57's and hit them on the range for the first time today. Wonderful clubs, perfect turf interaction . . . shallow half-dollar bill divot. I have the F3 95 Recoil shafts in them.

Now community, please recommend a suitable gap wedge (50, 51 degrees) to go along with that club head style.

Thank you!

The first flushed shot, namely the turf interaction and how solid the ball flight is, spells disaster for anyone who has tried Miura's and was even considering using a different club ever again. lol
What's actually in the bag...
Callaway Epic SZ-9.0-Aldila X-Torsion Green Mamba-70TX
Callaway Epic SZ 15* - PX Handcrafted Yellow 75 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21* - C- taper S+
Miura LH LTD Black Blades: 3-p w/ DG TI X7's.
Cleveland RTX 3: 50-54 w. C-Taper S+
Scratch 1018: 58 w/ C-Taper S+
Piretti Potenza / Odyssey MX #7

Others gamed on occasion:
Callaway BBA (2014)
Callaway 13 X Forged w/ AMT X100's (hard stepped once)
Scratch Golf 51,55,58,59
Wilson Staff Kirk Currie Milled

12

#133 Redpro

Redpro

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107190
  • Joined: 04/30/2010
  • Location:DFW
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

I asked an eBay seller about the Vega VC-01 irons compared to the Miura CB 57's, which I own. Here is my question and his answer:

Are the leading ledge of these irons rather "sharp" or more rounded? I have a set of Miura CB-57's and they are a bit sharp. Looking for advice and experience with these regarding turf interaction. The irons you have for sale look great, and tempting.

Here in Texas we play mostly firm conditions and we need a bit of relief at the leading edge.

Thank you.


His answer:



Keep the 57's, Miura irons are great. You can round the leading edges of the irons by sanding them with something like a 4" wide bench sander. Like those sold at Harbor Freight. Don't worry about the value as someone will always buy them or you can have them refinished by a man in Colorado.

It sounds like you need to flatten your swing. You can do this by standing further away from the ball at address. Also go back low and slow and come through low and slow. Play only half swings with the short irons 7-PW at least for a time. When you make your practice swings before hitting the ball, do so alongside the ball. Make sure that you bottom-out before the ball with the practice swing, between the ball and the target.

I hope this helps. These Vegas are a little difficult to hit and you would not better yourself by buying them.


Comments?

13

#134 etrichards

etrichards

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83132
  • Joined: 05/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostTcann32, on 20 December 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

View PostRedpro, on 15 December 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Have the 4-PW CB-57's and hit them on the range for the first time today. Wonderful clubs, perfect turf interaction . . . shallow half-dollar bill divot. I have the F3 95 Recoil shafts in them.

Now community, please recommend a suitable gap wedge (50, 51 degrees) to go along with that club head style.

Thank you!

The first flushed shot, namely the turf interaction and how solid the ball flight is, spells disaster for anyone who has tried Miura's and was even considering using a different club ever again. lol


I agree on that first flushed shot.   First time I hit Miura's I was only visiting a fitter for what I assumed would be a re-shaft/adjustment of the irons I had at the time.  It was the first time I saw the Miura's in real life, so while he was in the back room I grabbed a demo and started hitting it.  Ooops.  Took the Tuning Fork in my loins thing Tin Cup was talking about to a whole new level.
Unfortunately I sold them a couple years ago, but thinking I'm going to have to go back.

14

#135 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1654

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:30 AM

View PostRedpro, on 06 March 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

I asked an eBay seller about the Vega VC-01 irons compared to the Miura CB 57's, which I own. Here is my question and his answer:

Are the leading ledge of these irons rather "sharp" or more rounded? I have a set of Miura CB-57's and they are a bit sharp. Looking for advice and experience with these regarding turf interaction. The irons you have for sale look great, and tempting.

Here in Texas we play mostly firm conditions and we need a bit of relief at the leading edge.

Thank you.


His answer:



Keep the 57's, Miura irons are great. You can round the leading edges of the irons by sanding them with something like a 4" wide bench sander. Like those sold at Harbor Freight. Don't worry about the value as someone will always buy them or you can have them refinished by a man in Colorado.

It sounds like you need to flatten your swing. You can do this by standing further away from the ball at address. Also go back low and slow and come through low and slow. Play only half swings with the short irons 7-PW at least for a time. When you make your practice swings before hitting the ball, do so alongside the ball. Make sure that you bottom-out before the ball with the practice swing, between the ball and the target.

I hope this helps. These Vegas are a little difficult to hit and you would not better yourself by buying them.


Comments?

Sounds like a genuine and sincere seller here, but the only advice I'd heed is keeping the Miura. I play in soft conditions and don't notice any issues with the leading edges being sharp on my 57s. In fact I think they're about perfect for nearly any and all playing conditions. I'd think you'd want a sharper leading edge playing in dryer and tighter conditions?!

Cali
TailorMaid
t****
"inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
@thereal#7

15

#136 Redpro

Redpro

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107190
  • Joined: 04/30/2010
  • Location:DFW
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostMJisGOAT, on 08 March 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

View PostRedpro, on 06 March 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

I asked an eBay seller about the Vega VC-01 irons compared to the Miura CB 57's, which I own. Here is my question and his answer:

Are the leading ledge of these irons rather "sharp" or more rounded? I have a set of Miura CB-57's and they are a bit sharp. Looking for advice and experience with these regarding turf interaction. The irons you have for sale look great, and tempting.

Here in Texas we play mostly firm conditions and we need a bit of relief at the leading edge.

Thank you.


His answer:


Keep the 57's, Miura irons are great. You can round the leading edges of the irons by sanding them with something like a 4" wide bench sander. Like those sold at Harbor Freight. Don't worry about the value as someone will always buy them or you can have them refinished by a man in Colorado.

It sounds like you need to flatten your swing. You can do this by standing further away from the ball at address. Also go back low and slow and come through low and slow. Play only half swings with the short irons 7-PW at least for a time. When you make your practice swings before hitting the ball, do so alongside the ball. Make sure that you bottom-out before the ball with the practice swing, between the ball and the target.

I hope this helps. These Vegas are a little difficult to hit and you would not better yourself by buying them.


Comments?

Sounds like a genuine and sincere seller here, but the only advice I'd heed is keeping the Miura. I play in soft conditions and don't notice any issues with the leading edges being sharp on my 57s. In fact I think they're about perfect for nearly any and all playing conditions. I'd think you'd want a sharper leading edge playing in dryer and tighter conditions?!

Thanks MJ. True about the 57's playability. I have the Vega VC-01 8-iron head that I'll shaft up and see for myself. Now, about standing further away from the ball . . .:)

Edited by Redpro, 08 March 2017 - 08:34 AM.


16

#137 lumberman2462

lumberman2462

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116473
  • Joined: 10/21/2010
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 2419

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostRedpro, on 08 March 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

View PostMJisGOAT, on 08 March 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

View PostRedpro, on 06 March 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

I asked an eBay seller about the Vega VC-01 irons compared to the Miura CB 57's, which I own. Here is my question and his answer:

Are the leading ledge of these irons rather "sharp" or more rounded? I have a set of Miura CB-57's and they are a bit sharp. Looking for advice and experience with these regarding turf interaction. The irons you have for sale look great, and tempting.

Here in Texas we play mostly firm conditions and we need a bit of relief at the leading edge.

Thank you.


His answer:


Keep the 57's, Miura irons are great. You can round the leading edges of the irons by sanding them with something like a 4" wide bench sander. Like those sold at Harbor Freight. Don't worry about the value as someone will always buy them or you can have them refinished by a man in Colorado.

It sounds like you need to flatten your swing. You can do this by standing further away from the ball at address. Also go back low and slow and come through low and slow. Play only half swings with the short irons 7-PW at least for a time. When you make your practice swings before hitting the ball, do so alongside the ball. Make sure that you bottom-out before the ball with the practice swing, between the ball and the target.

I hope this helps. These Vegas are a little difficult to hit and you would not better yourself by buying them.


Comments?

Sounds like a genuine and sincere seller here, but the only advice I'd heed is keeping the Miura. I play in soft conditions and don't notice any issues with the leading edges being sharp on my 57s. In fact I think they're about perfect for nearly any and all playing conditions. I'd think you'd want a sharper leading edge playing in dryer and tighter conditions?!

Thanks MJ. True about the 57's playability. I have the Vega VC-01 8-iron head that I'll shaft up and see for myself. Now, about standing further away from the ball . . . :)

It's not often you get swing advice from someone trying to sell golf clubs.  Probably a nice guy but that gave me a chuckle.

It would have been even better if he advised calling up Bob Rotella and getting some 'Golf Therapy'

Turf interaction hasn't been an issue with my 57s.

PS: I always think people are standing too far away from the ball.
SYard T388
                TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
                Miura CB-57 3-PW
                Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
                                Old Titleist Blade

17

#138 Redpro

Redpro

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107190
  • Joined: 04/30/2010
  • Location:DFW
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

View Postlumberman2462, on 09 March 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostRedpro, on 08 March 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

View PostMJisGOAT, on 08 March 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

View PostRedpro, on 06 March 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

I asked an eBay seller about the Vega VC-01 irons compared to the Miura CB 57's, which I own. Here is my question and his answer:

Are the leading ledge of these irons rather "sharp" or more rounded? I have a set of Miura CB-57's and they are a bit sharp. Looking for advice and experience with these regarding turf interaction. The irons you have for sale look great, and tempting.

Here in Texas we play mostly firm conditions and we need a bit of relief at the leading edge.

Thank you.


His answer:


Keep the 57's, Miura irons are great. You can round the leading edges of the irons by sanding them with something like a 4" wide bench sander. Like those sold at Harbor Freight. Don't worry about the value as someone will always buy them or you can have them refinished by a man in Colorado.

It sounds like you need to flatten your swing. You can do this by standing further away from the ball at address. Also go back low and slow and come through low and slow. Play only half swings with the short irons 7-PW at least for a time. When you make your practice swings before hitting the ball, do so alongside the ball. Make sure that you bottom-out before the ball with the practice swing, between the ball and the target.

I hope this helps. These Vegas are a little difficult to hit and you would not better yourself by buying them.


Comments?

Sounds like a genuine and sincere seller here, but the only advice I'd heed is keeping the Miura. I play in soft conditions and don't notice any issues with the leading edges being sharp on my 57s. In fact I think they're about perfect for nearly any and all playing conditions. I'd think you'd want a sharper leading edge playing in dryer and tighter conditions?!

Thanks MJ. True about the 57's playability. I have the Vega VC-01 8-iron head that I'll shaft up and see for myself. Now, about standing further away from the ball . . . :)

It's not often you get swing advice from someone trying to sell golf clubs.  Probably a nice guy but that gave me a chuckle.

It would have been even better if he advised calling up Bob Rotella and getting some 'Golf Therapy'

Turf interaction hasn't been an issue with my 57s.

PS: I always think people are standing too far away from the ball.

grin.

Had I not said just a "thank you" to his answer, I'm sure a Rotella referral would have come in response. Too funny when he did say, essentially, "don't buy these clubs".  Agree, we do stand too far away from the ball.

18

#139 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 846

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

I have a set of 57s. With all the rain we've gotten in NorCal the courses have been really wet and soggy, and I haven't had an issue with turf interaction.
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

19

#140 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1638

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

anyone own a set of the Black Boron cb-57's.  Just curious if wear is any better or worse than say a pvd finish.

I've been a blade player forever and over the last year really enjoy the 57's, but also want a black set as back up.

Taylormade M3 GD DI
Taylormade Aeroburnder 3&5 GD DI
Taylormade UDI 1,2 & 3
Miura CB-57 BB (5-PW)
Scratch TD DW 53*, 58*
Taylormade Hi Toe 60*
Odyssey 1WS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#141 Pieter P

Pieter P

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350815
  • Joined: 12/04/2014
  • Location:Cairns
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostTcann32, on 20 December 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Maybe someone else will have some different input than me on them, but I've owned 2 different  Miura CB's (LH CB and Miura MG CB) and two sets of MB's (LH Black Blades, and MG MB). All sets were pretty much the same, as I believe all the lefty MB's are essentially TB's with some very moderate changes, if any at all.  Currently still own the long irons in the MG CB's, the full set of LH CB's and the LTD Black Blades.

My question for anyone else that has extensively gamed the CB's and the MB's: Did you actually notice much of a difference between them? I ask this because I really don't notice any advantage to playing the CB's. Personally, I've tested the CB's against a few other sets of CB / players irons (2013 x forged, apex pros, and cobra king ltd's. The cobra's were a combo set, so I tested the mb's with my miura mb's and the CB's against my miura cb's), and have found other CB's to hold the advantages of CB's that most would want in terms of forgiveness, larger sole, size, etc, but the Miura's really only seem to launch a touch higher in the comparison of MB/CB.

This question is really sort of limited because of my options as a lefty, so I haven't gotten to try the 501's, PP's, etc.

This isn't a knock on Miura. I'm a true fan boy, but I was just curious if other's have come up with anything similar.
Different experience for me.
Extensively gamed MB001(one season) followed by CB57 (one season) and 4 months of Baby Blades in-between.
CB 57 the most forgiving of the lot, best dispersion on the course and on GC2, hit more greens with it, scores are better. 501's does not play well in my hands at all.
MB001's are also fantastic, but slightly harder to score with. Better workability than the 57's. Really struggle with the 57's to hit the big curves when needed.
Baby blades - the iron equivalent of the SLDR driver. The good shots are the best feeling ever, but the bad ones terrible. Scoring is 3 shots worse a round on average with the BB. I look at them and polish them, but does not play them when serious golf is being played.

21

#142 copegolfer

copegolfer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92500
  • Joined: 08/21/2009
  • Location:DALLAS, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

Different comparison, but I'll add my thoughts.
Yesterday I played my first round with my new MB-001 irons.
I can't begin to describe how awesome and beautiful these are to play. But, being in this thread I'm sure everyone is aware...

I came from Mizuno MP-64 irons. I was worried about playing a blade, but the MB-001 were virtually no different or more difficult to hit.
If I put a bad swing or strike on it I was penalized, but I expected that even with the mizzys.

Basically the MB-001 aren't going anywhere for along time.

Note: I'm about a 10 handicap

22



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors