Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Courses In Alabama

45 replies to this topic

#31 Cottonseed.

Cottonseed.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381910
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

Posting in an old thread...but has relevance to my question.

Any of yall know what the guest fee is at Moore's Mill?
AU Club?

Thinking of having my club pro call in there next time I'm around that area for work/play.

Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 trailgolfer

trailgolfer

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 358529
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

Guest fee at MMC between $75-100 depending on the day of the week. AUC prob a little less but similar.

#33 Chile Dip Master

Chile Dip Master

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Headed out next Thursday to play.  Hitting up the The Frog on the way to Birmingham, then Judge, Ross Bridge and Farmlinks.  May try to hit Grand National on the way back to Atlanta.

#34 shotmark

shotmark

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102090
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 199

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

http://www.top100gol.../alabama?page=2

I don't know the area but these guys are usually fairly spot on.

Hope this helps.

#35 steelman83

steelman83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432778
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

I got invited by a vendor of mine to play Old Overton in May... pics online look awesome. Pretty stoked.

#36 Grizz06

Grizz06

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378624
  • Handicap:6.9
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

I'm a big fan of Steelwood CC in Loxley.  JMO but it's my hands down fav in the state.

I absolutely love Kiva.

I could've purchased another home with the amount of golf balls I've lost at Lost Key; still enjoy playing it.

I have really never had a bad experience on any RTJ (besides the time a water moccasin tried to kill me) as they are all a real treat.

#37 TK3

TK3

TK3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25579
  • Ebay ID:thomasjk3
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:09 AM

I too have played quite a bit on the RTJ Trail.

Most of the courses are 4**** but by far my favorite was FarmLinks in a tiny town called Sylacauga.

A MUST PLAY.
TK
My set-up:
Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
Driver - TaylorMade M1 with HZRDUS T800
3 Wood - Callaway XR 15* with Project X LZ shaft / White Tour Wrap Grip
Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid stock shaft / White Tour Wrap Grip
Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 4-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts / White Tour Wrap Grip
Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
Shoes - FJ Freestyle BOA
Ball - Srixon Z Star

#38 Gilmore-Happy

Gilmore-Happy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456530
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:51 AM

View PostTK3, on 17 March 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

I too have played quite a bit on the RTJ Trail.

Most of the courses are 4**** but by far my favorite was FarmLinks in a tiny town called Sylacauga.

A MUST PLAY.
TK

I have heard the exact same thing. I have been told the Farm Links is the best kept "secret" in the state. Like others have also stated, you can't go wrong with pretty much any RTJ courses. I play The Shoals pretty often since I live in the area. Terri Pines in Cullman is actually a great course too. Sort of another secret some people don't know about. Finally, I can't leave out Gunters Landing in Guntersville. Gunters Landing has the most elevation changes I have ever personally seen on a golf course.

#39 1puttAU

1puttAU

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456656
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

View Posttjetski, on 30 March 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostChile Dip Master, on 29 March 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

So for those who have done the RTJ trail courses... do you book your own lodging or did you do it through RTJ?   Reading other threads most have gone with their own lodging.

As far as RTJ Grand National goes you def want to stay at Marriott on the course. The course is about 10 miles or so from downtown Auburn and the hotel offers a free shuttle that will take you into town. It is just not worth driving around here if you are not familiar with it. I heard Grand National Links just aerated the greens but the Lake course is shaping up nicely for the Barbasol Champ.

If any of you ever get the chance to play AU Club or Moore's Mill with a member both are in amazing condition. Best greens in the area in my opinion.

No love for Saugahatchee CC?
Titleist 910 D2 8.5° w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'Ahina 72g
Titleist 985H 17° w/ Proforce V2 104g
Titleist 716 AP2 3-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g
Titleist SM5 50°/12° F Grind, 54°/10° S Grind, & 58°/8° M Grind
All of the above with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Standard Grips
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2 33" w/ Super Stroke Flatso 1.0 USA Edition

#40 Tag56

Tag56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 267736
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

Played Farm Links yesterday for the first time after winning a free round from them. That place is absolutely awesome. My favorite and probably the best course that I have played in Alabama.  Everything was perfectly manicured from the first tee box to the 18th green. The best set of par 3's I think I have ever seen. Will definitely go back again.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 MrJones

MrJones

Waiting for the weekend...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Handicap:5.4
GolfWRX Likes : 446

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

Farm Links at Pursell Farms is outstanding. Huge wide open fairways and large greens. Really neat write up on how they came to be:

http://pursellfarms....bull-marketing/

Be warned though! No alcohol allowed. If they catch you sneaking it on you'll be asked to leave. But it's still worth it.

I live across the street from the Capitol Hill RTJ and personally love the Judge. I also really enjoy the Legislator. I don't enjoy the Senator as much. It's a true links style course where most of the time you can't see the landing area from the tee box.

The RTJ courses in Auburn "Grand National" are both fun courses with the Lake course being my favorite. Very scenic but lots of water.

There's a little talked about RTJ course in Greenville Alabama that I love. Cambrian Ridge is a gorgeous course if you like tall pines and lots of elevation changes. It's 3 9 holes courses and you can play an 18 hole combo of your choice usually.

Ross Bridge is fantastic and is one of my favorite all time courses.

You really can't go wrong with any of the RTJ courses. Just know that you will find LOTS of places to lose golf balls. Stray drives are usually punished severely.
Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Speedblades, 3-AW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

#42 Tag56

Tag56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 267736
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostMrJones, on 07 September 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Farm Links at Pursell Farms is outstanding. Huge wide open fairways and large greens. Really neat write up on how they came to be:

Be warned though! No alcohol allowed. If they catch you sneaking it on you'll be asked to leave. But it's still worth it.

I live across the street from the Capitol Hill RTJ and personally love the Judge. I also really enjoy the Legislator. I don't enjoy the Senator as much. It's a true links style course where most of the time you can't see the landing area from the tee box.

The RTJ courses in Auburn "Grand National" are both fun courses with the Lake course being my favorite. Very scenic but lots of water.

There's a little talked about RTJ course in Greenville Alabama that I love. Cambrian Ridge is a gorgeous course if you like tall pines and lots of elevation changes. It's 3 9 holes courses and you can play an 18 hole combo of your choice usually.

You really can't go wrong with any of the RTJ courses. Just know that you will find LOTS of places to lose golf balls. Stray drives are usually punished severely.

I live in Prattville myself, less that 5 minutes away from Capitol Hill. Have not played Greenville but have played most other RTJ locations. I do like Capitol hill but not a huge fan of legislator.

#43 BNGL

BNGL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472816
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:32 PM

Willow Point. End of thread lol
Cobra F7+ 10.5 HZRDOUS Yellow 6.5
Cobra King F7 15.5 HZRDOUS Yellow 6.5
Adams Pro Black 9031DF 16 Fubuki X
Ping G 4,5,6,7 Project X 7.0
Ping i20 8,9 Project X 7.0
Ping Glide 48,52,56,60 Project X 6.5
Ping B60

#44 JSunGolfPharmD

JSunGolfPharmD

• 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57877
  • Ebay ID:fugakyu007
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostTag56, on 07 September 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

View PostMrJones, on 07 September 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

I live in Prattville myself, less that 5 minutes away from Capitol Hill. Have not played Greenville but have played most other RTJ locations. I do like Capitol hill but not a huge fan of legislator.

Cambrian ridge just got brand new champ Bermuda greens. Best greens on the trail right now.

Farmlinks also has a full liquor license now.

http://pursellfarms....alcohol-policy/

#45 MrJones

MrJones

Waiting for the weekend...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18450
  • Handicap:5.4
GolfWRX Likes : 446

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:04 AM

View PostJSunGolfPharmD, on 08 September 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

I did not know that. Honestly, because of the way the staff demonized it on my two trips there, I thought maybe it was a family thing where they just didn't tolerate alcohol.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Speedblades, 3-AW
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*   
Odyssey White Ice 1

#46 JSunGolfPharmD

JSunGolfPharmD

• 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57877
  • Ebay ID:fugakyu007
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

View PostMrJones, on 11 September 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

View PostJSunGolfPharmD, on 08 September 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

I did not know that. Honestly, because of the way the staff demonized it on my two trips there, I thought maybe it was a family thing where they just didn't tolerate alcohol.

The kids run the place now. Dad had kept it dry in keeping with strong conservative values, wouldn't be surprised if that stance held over with the staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors