Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Coolest/Most Exotic/Rarest Auto You Have Seen on the Road


211 replies to this topic

#31 golferdrmjr

golferdrmjr

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 219507
  • Joined: 01/05/2013
  • Location:San Diego
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 592

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostThrillhouse, on 23 February 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostSilverBullets, on 23 February 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostScratch N Stick, on 23 February 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Saw a P1 in a parking garage...didn't get to see it leave  and was sad when it was gone after dinner.

In Houston I've seen quite a few of this and that, Bentley, RR, Ferraris, and Lambos sometimes now I pay them no mind. Now the DB9 and DB7, I think, I will coast up to and stay near just to hear them rev. But, my fav to see on the road is the Ford GT. Not the original GT40 but the new GT. Something about that car just...

Ford GT's are very cool cars.  Don't see them very often but when I do I am always jaw dropped.

There's a black one in my neighbourhood a lot, the guy who owns it is a former nhl player. You're right, it is cool, and very unique!
I saw a guy drive a Ford GT to Torrey last year and park it in the lot and then get out his clubs to go play. Sweet car!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6213

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

Cars and Coffee was less than 5 mins from my house so pretty much any car that drove there I saw on the road at some point. They shut down at the end of last year because of the size it got to.

https://www.facebook...f=page_internal

2

#33 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 5668

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

I'm surprised at how many people have seen Enzos on the street, not only are they rare to begin with, you'd think most of them wouldn't get taken out too often lol!

Speaking of rarity, I'd be really impressed if anyone here had seen an FXX driving (anywhere), if you "own" one of those forget about the street, you can't even take it home, so I guess you'd have to be invited to a pretty exclusive track day.

Edited by Thrillhouse, 23 February 2015 - 12:09 PM.


3

#34 rockford35

rockford35

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25451
  • Joined: 02/13/2007
  • Location:Canada
  • Ebay ID:rockford35
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

Our family went to Orlando in 1994. While there, we saw a Vector W8. At the time, it was an insane automobile to see on the road. This coming from a kid who admittedly had posters of the Testarossa and Countach on his walls.

It was black, as pictured here.

Posted Image

Now, whether that's cool or not, remains to be seen. But rare, forsure.

R35

4

#35 bppry

bppry

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116337
  • Joined: 10/18/2010
  • Location:Detroit, Mi
GolfWRX Likes : 121

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

Around 2003 my buddy and I worked at the top cc in metro detroit. Member decided to give us his keys to an Aston Martin DB7 V 12A for a week when he went out of town. We were like 23 at the time needless to saw it was a fun week.


5

#36 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
  • Joined: 04/14/2010
  • Location:L.A.
GolfWRX Likes : 1516

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 23 February 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm surprised at how many people have seen Enzos on the street, not only are they rare to begin with, you'd think most of them wouldn't get taken out too often lol!

Speaking of rarity, I'd be really impressed if anyone here had seen an FXX driving (anywhere), if you "own" one of those forget about the street, you can't even take it home, so I guess you'd have to be invited to a pretty exclusive track day.

This guy in my old neighborhood had an Enzo and I saw it parked outside a little cafe. We pulled over to check it out and the guy happened to be leaving. Someone goes down the street to stop traffic and this guy revs it and peels out full throttle for everyone. That was pretty awesome.

Edited by RJRJRJ, 23 February 2015 - 02:14 PM.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

6

#37 cdnglf

cdnglf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139540
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1859

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

Spend a little time in the Vancouver downtown on a summer day, and you'll see a sampling of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, maseratis, Aston martins, Bentleys, tesla roadsters, Rolls Royces, etc. Almost feels commonplace after a while.

But a Delorean... that'll make you look twice.


7

#38 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 906

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

Rarest car I've seen and was a Morgan Aeromax. I don't know how well known Morgan in the US is, but the Aeromax is absolutely beautiful imo and very rare (only 100 made)
Ping G400Max 10.5° Matrix HD-10X Silver Proto @43.75"
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
PXG 0317 18° Accra FX300H X-Flex
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Scotty Futura 5S

8

#39 PZero

PZero

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 7713

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 23 February 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Rarest car I've seen and was a Morgan Aeromax. I don't know how well known Morgan in the US is, but the Aeromax is absolutely beautiful imo and very rare (only 100 made)

Most know of Morgan from Top Gear UK or playing videos.
R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

9

#40 MattTheTaff

MattTheTaff

    Oh, I used to be disgusted.. and now I try to be amused

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153093
  • Joined: 01/02/2012
  • Location:Leicestershire, UK
GolfWRX Likes : 1593

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

James Coburn's Ferrari 250GT

Titleist 905R - 10.5
Titleist 904f - 17
Cleveland Mashie - 20.5
Mizuno MP32 - 3-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 54/60
Wilson Staff 8882

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 rockford35

rockford35

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25451
  • Joined: 02/13/2007
  • Location:Canada
  • Ebay ID:rockford35
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

My dad had a Corvair once that didn't crash and kill everyone. I suppose that's pretty rare. Maybe not cool, or exotic.

R35

11

#42 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
GolfWRX Likes : 4210

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

One of the best rides I've been on was when I was visiting my brother who worked for Dinan (a big bmw tuner) I stopped by the shop and they had just installed the prototype supercharger on  the M5. Steve Dinan took us out for a spin that started with a 50 yard long burnout followed by a lap around the commercial center they were in most of which we were sideways

Edited by One_Putt_Blunder, 23 February 2015 - 05:17 PM.

@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

12

#43 Santiago Golf

Santiago Golf

    I Strive to make you Better

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151005
  • Joined: 12/13/2011
  • Handicap:???
GolfWRX Likes : 1828

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

Not really a car guy but at the Country Club I worked at last summer many of the members had some pretty nice Audi, Porsche, Ferrari, Corvettes, and some custom Hummers
Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)
Hybrid: Adams IDEA Super XTD 17*; UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 100HX (240, can 260+ if needed)
Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 2 iron; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 85X
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
   4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 205) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (190, 180, 170) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (160, 145, 130)

S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (110): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)

Ball: Vice Pro
Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)

13

#44 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 5668

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostOne_Putt_Blunder, on 23 February 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

One of the best rides I've been on was when I was visiting my brother who worked for Dinan (a big bmw tuner) I stopped by the shop and they had just installed the prototype supercharger on  the M5. Steve Dinan took us out for a spin that started with a 50 yard long burnout followed by a lap around the commercial center they were in most of which we were sideways

Companies like dinan and ruf are really cool.

They're different though right? Like dinan just does parts and modifies existing BMWs and ruf gets the chassis and actually builds the car so it's not just a modified Porsche?

One of you guys probably has some interesting info on this.

14

#45 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
GolfWRX Likes : 4210

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 23 February 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

View PostOne_Putt_Blunder, on 23 February 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

One of the best rides I've been on was when I was visiting my brother who worked for Dinan (a big bmw tuner) I stopped by the shop and they had just installed the prototype supercharger on  the M5. Steve Dinan took us out for a spin that started with a 50 yard long burnout followed by a lap around the commercial center they were in most of which we were sideways

Companies like dinan and ruf are really cool.

They're different though right? Like dinan just does parts and modifies existing BMWs and ruf gets the chassis and actually builds the car so it's not just a modified Porsche?

One of you guys probably has some interesting info on this.

To the best of my knowledge that is correct RUF actually rebranded Porsche cars under their own model name like CTR RT 3800s etc. They tend to do the whole package bodywork mods plus engine and suspension.

Dinan primarily is a bolt on performance tuner exhaust chips better suspension supercharger etc. You can buy dinan tuned cars through select bmw dealers that still carry full factory warranty which is cool.

@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

15

#46 KLeC

KLeC

    KLeC

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132360
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
  • Location:Franklin, TN "Just off the fairway"
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

I saw a Bentley GT today. It was two-toned blue and gray. What were they thinking?
Killarney Golf & Fishing Club, IR.

16

#47 JasonFL

JasonFL

    Under My Left Foot

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205251
  • Joined: 09/30/2012
  • Location:West Palm Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

Rarest that Ive seen is a Gull Wing (member at a club I worked at used to own one).  Rarest Ive sat in is an Enzo (manager of Sheridan Ferrarit brought it in to my old job one day).  Rarest Ive driven is the first generation of the new SLR (delivered it to a members house, along with his Lambo).
Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

17

#48 CBRADGO

CBRADGO

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170001
  • Joined: 03/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 522

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:49 PM

View Postcdnglf, on 23 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

Spend a little time in the Vancouver downtown on a summer day, and you'll see a sampling of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, maseratis, Aston martins, Bentleys, tesla roadsters, Rolls Royces, etc. Almost feels commonplace after a while.

But a Delorean... that'll make you look twice.

Going for business in May, hopefully I'll get to do some car watching...

The rarest I've ever seen was in the garage of the host family I stayed with when I caddied for a teammate in the '95 US Women's Am at Brookline. He owned this:

http://www.conceptca...olis-Racer.aspx

We tried to crank it (by hand w/ a crank handle) but it was too cold and he didn't have the time to fool with it. Here's a picture of it with Mr. Freeman at the helm:
Posted Image

Edited by CBRADGO, 24 February 2015 - 12:00 AM.

TaylorMade M2 10.5* Atmos Black 6x TS
915F 15* Speeder TS 8.2x
915Hd 2H & 3H Speeder 904HB X
TaylorMade P790, 4-P DG 105 Stiff
TaylorMade Milled Grind 52SB, 56HB, 60LB
TaylorMade DJ Spider 34"

18

#49 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 5668

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostJasonFL, on 23 February 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Rarest that Ive seen is a Gull Wing (member at a club I worked at used to own one).  Rarest Ive sat in is an Enzo (manager of Sheridan Ferrarit brought it in to my old job one day).  Rarest Ive driven is the first generation of the new SLR (delivered it to a members house, along with his Lambo).

Im assuming you're talking about the original 300SL and not that new SLS AMG?

300SL is a classic for sure!

19

#50 MidwestGolfBum

MidwestGolfBum

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304799
  • Joined: 03/31/2014
  • Location:MSN/MKE/DSM
GolfWRX Likes : 669

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

I had the pleasure of doing some business in Dubai and saw more crazy expensive, rare, and one off cars than I would have ever imagined. It was honestly one of the coolest experiences I have had. Dubai is where the rich from Monte Carlo go to feel poor.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
Vokey SM5, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 dan360

dan360

    Paisano

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8694
  • Joined: 12/13/2005
  • Location:Olympia lowlife...
GolfWRX Likes : 6332

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:38 PM

View Postjholz, on 23 February 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

View Postdan360, on 22 February 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

A Tucker.  60mph on I-5.  Part of a local car collection.

Lots of awesome responses guys. Many of you must travel/live in more affluent areas than I do (which goes without saying). I am jealous of any one who has seen any model McLaren or Konigsegg, but this one has to be amongst the winners. Truly a rare and exceptional sighting!

I concur.      

The Tucker is part of the LeMay Collection. http://www.lemaymarymount.org
As of 29JUL2018

TaylorMade M1 '17 440 9° HZRDUS Yellow
TaylorMade M1 '17 3HL KuroKage
Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1 iron Modus 120
Miura Baby Blades  3-PW Steelfiber 110
Mizuno MP-T10 54/60 DGW  
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
OUUL h2oProof stand bag black

21

#52 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
GolfWRX Likes : 4210

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:16 AM

Not very often a Ford GT gets overshadowed
Posted Image
@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

22

#53 JasonFL

JasonFL

    Under My Left Foot

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205251
  • Joined: 09/30/2012
  • Location:West Palm Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostThrillhouse, on 24 February 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

View PostJasonFL, on 23 February 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Rarest that Ive seen is a Gull Wing (member at a club I worked at used to own one).  Rarest Ive sat in is an Enzo (manager of Sheridan Ferrarit brought it in to my old job one day).  Rarest Ive driven is the first generation of the new SLR (delivered it to a members house, along with his Lambo).

Im assuming you're talking about the original 300SL and not that new SLS AMG?

300SL is a classic for sure!
Correct.

He actually sent it, as well as 12 other older Benz models back to Germany to be restored at the factory.  All of them were equally impressive.

Doubt ruins more dreams than failure
ever will - someone on the internet

23

#54 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
  • Joined: 04/14/2010
  • Location:L.A.
GolfWRX Likes : 1516

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

Just saw a lime green Huracan on my way back to work.  That thing was nice!
Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

24

#55 HoganApexBlades

HoganApexBlades

    ...Be the ball, Be the ball Danny...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249580
  • Joined: 05/08/2013
  • Location:Northern Illinois - Chicagoland
GolfWRX Likes : 1535

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

View Postlumberman2462, on 23 February 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

There is a guy in a neighboring town that owns two Shelby Cobras.  64 & 65...I think.  One is street legal and the other was a race version....he drives them both around occasionally.  Jay Leno showed up unannounced a few years ago trying to buy them...he left disappointed.  

This guy is keeping them to give to his two grandsons.  They're about 10 years old now....can't hardly wait to see those two little yahoos racing around town at 150 mph.

Now we're talking RARE!!! If it was a '64 Cobra, it was a 289 under the hood. If the other was a '65, it could've been a 427 Cobra with the wider rear end. They only made a little over 1,000 Cobras from '62 - early '67. If either had a racing pedigree, those babies could easily top 7 figures!

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

25

#56 PZero

PZero

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 7713

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostRJRJRJ, on 25 February 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Just saw a lime green Huracan on my way back to work.  That thing was nice!

I still prefer the Gallardo LP560-4. The backside of the Huracan is a mess.
R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

26

#57 nogamejames

nogamejames

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86437
  • Joined: 06/23/2009
  • Location:Bay area California
  • Ebay ID:jamesa666666
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Saw a perfect 68 Jensen intercepter ff followed by a Ferrari 275 gtb 4 in the hills by my house last weekend. I followed them until they stopped at a cafe and talked to them. Seeing a Jensen in California is alligator feathers rare.... Really cool.
WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

27

#58 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
  • Joined: 04/14/2010
  • Location:L.A.
GolfWRX Likes : 1516

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostPZero, on 25 February 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

View PostRJRJRJ, on 25 February 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Just saw a lime green Huracan on my way back to work.  That thing was nice!

I still prefer the Gallardo LP560-4. The backside of the Huracan is a mess.

Although the Gallardo's rear did improve over the life of it, it was never really a look I cared much for. I actually really like the back of the Huracan. It's like a pint size Aventador.

Edited by RJRJRJ, 25 February 2015 - 08:59 PM.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

28

#59 lumberman2462

lumberman2462

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116473
  • Joined: 10/21/2010
  • Handicap:?
GolfWRX Likes : 2427

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

View PostHoganApexBlades, on 25 February 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

View Postlumberman2462, on 23 February 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

There is a guy in a neighboring town that owns two Shelby Cobras.  64 & 65...I think.  One is street legal and the other was a race version....he drives them both around occasionally.  Jay Leno showed up unannounced a few years ago trying to buy them...he left disappointed.  

This guy is keeping them to give to his two grandsons.  They're about 10 years old now....can't hardly wait to see those two little yahoos racing around town at 150 mph.

Now we're talking RARE!!! If it was a '64 Cobra, it was a 289 under the hood. If the other was a '65, it could've been a 427 Cobra with the wider rear end. They only made a little over 1,000 Cobras from '62 - early '67. If either had a racing pedigree, those babies could easily top 7 figures!

The racing version (and I can't remember if it was the 64 or 65) was British Racing Green and had a shortened windshield and I remember it had three little windshield wipers.  The street legal is blue with the white racing stripe.  Tan leather in the Green and Black leather in the Blue.  

Two fine looking cars....
SYard T388
                TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
                Miura CB-57 3-PW
                Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
                                Old Titleist Blade

29

#60 mshills

mshills

    Consistently inconsistent.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139083
  • Joined: 09/13/2011
  • Location:Morris County, NJ
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 1042

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:57 AM

Those two Cobras are indeed worth serious money and are exceptionally rare.  Very cool that you've seen real Cobras in person -- it's hard to know if the ones you spy out in public are the real deal or one of many replicas, some excellent, some not so great.

Rumor has it -- I have no first-hand knowledge of this -- that the 427 is a bastxxx to drive on the street or on the track and the 289 version is a far better experience.  Like I said, I don't know, but I would love to find out, which would surely result in :busted_cop:!

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
Ping ISI BeCu 4i - S2
OG Ping Eye 2 BeCu LW
Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors