Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 21 votes

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???


3933 replies to this topic

#3901 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
  • Joined: 07/07/2007
  • Location:Los Angeles
GolfWRX Likes : 3245

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:30 AM

View PostSnell Golf, on 04 December 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

View Postdrvrwdge, on 04 December 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

So I generally like to play a yellow ball here through winter because of all the leave and what not and had been playing the MTB Black based on Dan’s suggestion. How does the Red compare? Previously played V1x, Z Star XV and actually the Tour BX-S but have played the regular V1 in the past.
we are sold out of RED (Yellow) this year.. supplier can not keep up with our PO's, so we are making a change to this to further improve the balls, and offer in both white and yellow early next year.. we will update everyone soon on the plans, as testing is complete and looks great..

AAIIEEEE.  OK, note to self. Don't lose any for a while.  I can't track the white balls worth a damn, and love the RED.  So get that testing done.  Chop chop. I have 18 new ones left.  I'm playing pretty well these days (of course, saying probably will cost me 4 strokes tomorrow) but we've got great weather in So Cal and I'm playing a lot so the pressure's on you guys. March 1st is my estimated need new balls date.  There's your target.  I'm counting on you.

Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
TM P790 4-AW
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

If you see any more new irons before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#3902 DFinch

DFinch

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82054
  • Joined: 05/05/2009
  • Location:Portland, OR
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

Played the Red all last year and loved it. Won two league tournaments.

Ordered the Blacks during the black friday deal and broke open a sleeve today. Shot a career best 67.

It's not that the ball is somehow magical, but it does everything any other modern tour quality ball does. There is no compromise here compared to the major brands. I can interchange them with ProV's or Chrome Softs or any other top quality ball and there is no downside.

I like supporting industry disruptors and Dean's business model and goal to provide top quality golf balls for less cash direct to consumer is something I have supported since it's release and will continue to do so. Signing packing slips is one small (but huge) example of how passionate he is and that's something I will continue to buy into.

Thanks, Dean, and I'm glad you've been as successful as you have in this endeavor.
Titleist TS3 Evenflow White 9.5* D2 setting
Cobra Fly Z 3W 13.5*
Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5*
Maltby TS-2 4-GW DG105 X-100
Mizuno MP-T5 54*/58*
Evnroll ER8
Snell MTB

2

#3903 drvrwdge

drvrwdge

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130591
  • Joined: 06/12/2011
  • Location:757
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 532

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

View PostDFinch, on 15 December 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Played the Red all last year and loved it. Won two league tournaments.

Ordered the Blacks during the black friday deal and broke open a sleeve today. Shot a career best 67.

It's not that the ball is somehow magical, but it does everything any other modern tour quality ball does. There is no compromise here compared to the major brands. I can interchange them with ProV's or Chrome Softs or any other top quality ball and there is no downside.

I like supporting industry disruptors and Dean's business model and goal to provide top quality golf balls for less cash direct to consumer is something I have supported since it's release and will continue to do so. Signing packing slips is one small (but huge) example of how passionate he is and that's something I will continue to buy into.

Thanks, Dean, and I'm glad you've been as successful as you have in this endeavor.

How would you compare the red to black on course?
Ping G400 8.5 LST Kuro Kage XT 60TX
Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
Ping G 17.5 Blueboard 83x
Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4, Black Shaft,  PP58
Snell MTB Black
Jones Utility Trouper

3

#3904 DFinch

DFinch

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82054
  • Joined: 05/05/2009
  • Location:Portland, OR
  • Handicap:6.6
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:41 PM

View Postdrvrwdge, on 16 December 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

View PostDFinch, on 15 December 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Played the Red all last year and loved it. Won two league tournaments.

Ordered the Blacks during the black friday deal and broke open a sleeve today. Shot a career best 67.

It's not that the ball is somehow magical, but it does everything any other modern tour quality ball does. There is no compromise here compared to the major brands. I can interchange them with ProV's or Chrome Softs or any other top quality ball and there is no downside.

I like supporting industry disruptors and Dean's business model and goal to provide top quality golf balls for less cash direct to consumer is something I have supported since it's release and will continue to do so. Signing packing slips is one small (but huge) example of how passionate he is and that's something I will continue to buy into.

Thanks, Dean, and I'm glad you've been as successful as you have in this endeavor.

How would you compare the red to black on course?

The Red is firmer and spins more on iron shots. They are very close off driver to the point of being indistinguishable other than feel. I got the trial pack when they were first released last year expecting to prefer the softer Black, especially since I have no trouble with stopping approach shots, but for some reason at the time I just scored better with the Red. I played that ball all last season and it's awesome.

The Black is softer, slightly less approach spin, and feels a bit better to me with the putter.

The Black is cast urethane and the Red is TPU, which is why it's available in yellow (cast urethane doesn't take color as well).

Can't go wrong with either one. If you like a firmer feel, need more spin on approaches, or like bright yellow golf balls, go Red. If you like a softer feel, don't have an issue with approach spin, or prefer the potential advantages of cast urethane, go Black.

Or get a trial pack and try both.
Titleist TS3 Evenflow White 9.5* D2 setting
Cobra Fly Z 3W 13.5*
Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5*
Maltby TS-2 4-GW DG105 X-100
Mizuno MP-T5 54*/58*
Evnroll ER8
Snell MTB

4

#3905 drvrwdge

drvrwdge

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130591
  • Joined: 06/12/2011
  • Location:757
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 532

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:43 PM

View PostDFinch, on 16 December 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

View Postdrvrwdge, on 16 December 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

View PostDFinch, on 15 December 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Played the Red all last year and loved it. Won two league tournaments.

Ordered the Blacks during the black friday deal and broke open a sleeve today. Shot a career best 67.

It's not that the ball is somehow magical, but it does everything any other modern tour quality ball does. There is no compromise here compared to the major brands. I can interchange them with ProV's or Chrome Softs or any other top quality ball and there is no downside.

I like supporting industry disruptors and Dean's business model and goal to provide top quality golf balls for less cash direct to consumer is something I have supported since it's release and will continue to do so. Signing packing slips is one small (but huge) example of how passionate he is and that's something I will continue to buy into.

Thanks, Dean, and I'm glad you've been as successful as you have in this endeavor.

How would you compare the red to black on course?

The Red is firmer and spins more on iron shots. They are very close off driver to the point of being indistinguishable other than feel. I got the trial pack when they were first released last year expecting to prefer the softer Black, especially since I have no trouble with stopping approach shots, but for some reason at the time I just scored better with the Red. I played that ball all last season and it's awesome.

The Black is softer, slightly less approach spin, and feels a bit better to me with the putter.

The Black is cast urethane and the Red is TPU, which is why it's available in yellow (cast urethane doesn't take color as well).

Can't go wrong with either one. If you like a firmer feel, need more spin on approaches, or like bright yellow golf balls, go Red. If you like a softer feel, don't have an issue with approach spin, or prefer the potential advantages of cast urethane, go Black.

Or get a trial pack and try both.

Thanks for the response. I’ve played the black several times just wasn’t sure what I may be missing. Never had an issue with spin (generating it that is) so I may stay with the black.

Ping G400 8.5 LST Kuro Kage XT 60TX
Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
Ping G 17.5 Blueboard 83x
Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4, Black Shaft,  PP58
Snell MTB Black
Jones Utility Trouper

5

#3906 Sonja Henie

Sonja Henie

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510056
  • Joined: 08/15/2018
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:7.5
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 16 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

Getting a box of MTBs for x-mas.  Can't wait to try them out.

6

#3907 Hot Rod 71

Hot Rod 71

    #TheWRX

  • BST Volunteer Mods
  • 8,386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108037
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:RVA
  • Handicap:low
GolfWRX Likes : 6865

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:45 AM

View Postdrvrwdge, on 16 December 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

View PostDFinch, on 16 December 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

View Postdrvrwdge, on 16 December 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

View PostDFinch, on 15 December 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Played the Red all last year and loved it. Won two league tournaments.

Ordered the Blacks during the black friday deal and broke open a sleeve today. Shot a career best 67.

It's not that the ball is somehow magical, but it does everything any other modern tour quality ball does. There is no compromise here compared to the major brands. I can interchange them with ProV's or Chrome Softs or any other top quality ball and there is no downside.

I like supporting industry disruptors and Dean's business model and goal to provide top quality golf balls for less cash direct to consumer is something I have supported since it's release and will continue to do so. Signing packing slips is one small (but huge) example of how passionate he is and that's something I will continue to buy into.

Thanks, Dean, and I'm glad you've been as successful as you have in this endeavor.

How would you compare the red to black on course?

The Red is firmer and spins more on iron shots. They are very close off driver to the point of being indistinguishable other than feel. I got the trial pack when they were first released last year expecting to prefer the softer Black, especially since I have no trouble with stopping approach shots, but for some reason at the time I just scored better with the Red. I played that ball all last season and it's awesome.

The Black is softer, slightly less approach spin, and feels a bit better to me with the putter.

The Black is cast urethane and the Red is TPU, which is why it's available in yellow (cast urethane doesn't take color as well).

Can't go wrong with either one. If you like a firmer feel, need more spin on approaches, or like bright yellow golf balls, go Red. If you like a softer feel, don't have an issue with approach spin, or prefer the potential advantages of cast urethane, go Black.

Or get a trial pack and try both.

Thanks for the response. I’ve played the black several times just wasn’t sure what I may be missing. Never had an issue with spin (generating it that is) so I may stay with the black.

I have no issue generating spin either, especially with short irons and wedges. Because of that the Red didn't work for me. I lost about 5 yards with my irons and I had a hard time dialing in distances with my wedges. I also felt like it was 5-10 yards shorter off the driver.

The Red does seem to spin more than the Black around the greens, but the Black's performance is more than adequate.
PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
Titleist 917 F2 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 19* Hybrid - Diamana S+ 80X
PXG 0311T 4-PW - DGTI AMT S400
Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
Yes! Jenny Tour
Snell MTB Black

7

#3908 Pawtucket

Pawtucket

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457642
  • Joined: 03/06/2017
  • Location:Vancouver BC
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:41 PM

Just want to make an important customer service post as a Canadian

Regardless of what I do, Snell.com directs me to the Canadian site. It must use IP location services or something. Why is this a problem? Because a lot of deals are for the US site. The Canadian prices are also not nearly as good and, as one of millions of Canadians that live near the boarder, it is no problem shipping to a PO box on the US side.
What have I done?
1) I have corresponded with the Snell Canada website to no avail. They said they will look into it (months ago). Nothing.

2) I've PMed Dean here and received no reply

What was also interesting is months ago, right at the MTB RED and BLACK release - is that I purchased some MTB Reds from Amazon.ca for a better deal than the Canadian Snell site offered. Once I mentioned that, Dean reached out to me and asked where it was (Amazon.ca link), and said that it shouldn't be there. Wasn't my fault! I replied a few times to him and his team and never once got a 'thanks' for taking the time to help us out and figure out what happened. Just a ghosted communication string. Awesome. Glad I could help.

Very disappointing and I'm clearly an unsatisfied customer and want other forum members to see the other side of it.
whats in the bag?
Cobra f8+ cut 1"
Cobra F7 fairway
Srixon z355
Cleveland 48 wedge
Ping 54 wedge
Ping 58 ES wedge
TM Soto putter

8

#3909 JDW3

JDW3

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251152
  • Joined: 05/17/2013
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:09 PM

View PostPawtucket, on 18 December 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Just want to make an important customer service post as a Canadian

Regardless of what I do, Snell.com directs me to the Canadian site. It must use IP location services or something. Why is this a problem? Because a lot of deals are for the US site. The Canadian prices are also not nearly as good and, as one of millions of Canadians that live near the boarder, it is no problem shipping to a PO box on the US side.
What have I done?
1) I have corresponded with the Snell Canada website to no avail. They said they will look into it (months ago). Nothing.

2) I've PMed Dean here and received no reply

What was also interesting is months ago, right at the MTB RED and BLACK release - is that I purchased some MTB Reds from Amazon.ca for a better deal than the Canadian Snell site offered. Once I mentioned that, Dean reached out to me and asked where it was (Amazon.ca link), and said that it shouldn't be there. Wasn't my fault! I replied a few times to him and his team and never once got a 'thanks' for taking the time to help us out and figure out what happened. Just a ghosted communication string. Awesome. Glad I could help.

Very disappointing and I'm clearly an unsatisfied customer and want other forum members to see the other side of it.
I live in Ottawa and had no issues placing an order on the American website when the the MTB black and red were released. I had them shipped to an PO box.

Ron (president of Snell golf Canada) has been awesome with me. He's responded quickly to a couple inquiries I've made. I won a Snell golf Canada staff bag and they shipped it right away. They've added some nice freebies to some orders. Shipping is always fast. I think the price is fair. The MTBs are $20 CDN cheaper than Provs, that's a big savings for a ball that performs just as good if not better. I can't say enough good things about Snell golf on both sides of the border.
Driver: Ping G400 Max
3 wood: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816
Hybrid: Cobra F7 19* & 22*
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 16
Wedges: Vokey sm7 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 & Piretti Potenza 2
Ball: Snell My Tour Ball

9

#3910 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

    Tour Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367933
  • Joined: 03/24/2015
  • Location:New Bedford, MA
GolfWRX Likes : 1025

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:56 AM

View PostPawtucket, on 18 December 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Just want to make an important customer service post as a Canadian

Regardless of what I do, Snell.com directs me to the Canadian site. It must use IP location services or something. Why is this a problem? Because a lot of deals are for the US site. The Canadian prices are also not nearly as good and, as one of millions of Canadians that live near the boarder, it is no problem shipping to a PO box on the US side.
What have I done?
1) I have corresponded with the Snell Canada website to no avail. They said they will look into it (months ago). Nothing.

2) I've PMed Dean here and received no reply

What was also interesting is months ago, right at the MTB RED and BLACK release - is that I purchased some MTB Reds from Amazon.ca for a better deal than the Canadian Snell site offered. Once I mentioned that, Dean reached out to me and asked where it was (Amazon.ca link), and said that it shouldn't be there. Wasn't my fault! I replied a few times to him and his team and never once got a 'thanks' for taking the time to help us out and figure out what happened. Just a ghosted communication string. Awesome. Glad I could help.

Very disappointing and I'm clearly an unsatisfied customer and want other forum members to see the other side of it.
Hello... i do not really see may PM messages on this site as you can imagine that I try to visit here quickly to see if can answer..   The cananda direct site is something that our canadian distributor asked be set up, because we get thousands of customers from Canada, then we have to personally email them to direct them to the Canada site for the better savings and shipping... so this made sense for us to do.. i realize that there are some who live near the border and may like to have some sent to an US address, so I have asked my marketing team to look into a way to handle these limited cases...  As for the amazon thing, I apologize for not saying thanks for sending the info to us.. nothing really came of it, and they were not able to determine anything at all, and amazon denies shipping themselves... so we did not really get a resolution on that, but I do appreciate you sending to me.. My apologies for not sending you a thanks... so do me a favor, please send email to service@snellgolf.com, and tell them that I requested you to email us, and mention that I will personally have someone contact you about a solution to the issue... once i get the email from service, I will take care of it personally...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#3911 bamagator

bamagator

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 518214
  • Joined: 12/14/2018
  • Location:Bimmingham, AL
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 20 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

I am sold!  Dean signed my receipt on my last batch with a Thanks and my name.  What a cool touch when I opened my box and checked the invoice.  Just classy, cool and why I support businesses like his.  Great ball, great price and it would seem great business owner.  MTB is MY BALL.
Gamer Bag:
Cobra F6+ Pro Driver 9.5 Deg, Cobra F6 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 5W Woods
Titleist 990 3-PW Irons
Vokey 52/08, 56/12 Wedges
Odyssey Rossie ii Putter
Snell MTB Ball (Black or Red)

11

#3912 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

    Tour Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367933
  • Joined: 03/24/2015
  • Location:New Bedford, MA
GolfWRX Likes : 1025

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:59 AM

View Postbamagator, on 20 December 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

I am sold!  Dean signed my receipt on my last batch with a Thanks and my name.  What a cool touch when I opened my box and checked the invoice.  Just classy, cool and why I support businesses like his.  Great ball, great price and it would seem great business owner.  MTB is MY BALL.
Thanks.. appreciate the support... we have some good stuff coming early in Q1... hope to finlalize plans and dates to share with everyone soon... Happy Holidays to everyone, and thanks for a great year.. your support is truly appreciated..
we will be closed at the office today and tomor to share time with our families..

12

#3913 Hstead

Hstead

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
  • Joined: 09/30/2009
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2863

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Well Dean, I received your email from your Team, Merry Christmas.  I must say, not only can Dean construct a quality golf ball, he knows how to hire talent too.  WOW!
TaylorMade M3 9.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
Callaway Epic Subzero 15* Diamana D+
Titleist 818 H1
Mizuno 919 Tour 6-P, 5 Forged, 4 Hot Metal KBS Tour X
Titleist TVD 56* and 60* V Grind S400
Directed Force
Snell

13

#3914 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 3735

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:34 AM

View PostHstead, on 24 December 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Well Dean, I received your email from your Team, Merry Christmas.  I must say, not only can Dean construct a quality golf ball, he knows how to hire talent too.  WOW!

I noticed that too, lol.  I also appreciate that his email actually said “Merry Christmas”
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

14

#3915 BY#99

BY#99

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449482
  • Joined: 12/21/2016
  • Location:USA
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 24 December 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostHstead, on 24 December 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Well Dean, I received your email from your Team, Merry Christmas.  I must say, not only can Dean construct a quality golf ball, he knows how to hire talent too.  WOW!

I noticed that too, lol.  I also appreciate that his email actually said “Merry Christmas”

I agree. I wish more said Merry Christmas. I also wanted to thank Dean for his efforts to stay in touch with his customers. I know it must be tough as the company grows but it is obvious this is important to Dean. Merry Christmas to all and the Snell family!


15

#3916 golf_junky

golf_junky

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94230
  • Joined: 09/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 24 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

Well purchased a dozen of MTB Blacks over the weekend. Been playing TP5s, Prov1s and Project (a). If the Blacks fall anywhere between these balls I’m a convert. If you start offering custom numbers that’s a plus. Also ordered a dozen Get Sum just to play around with. I played a couple of rounds with some Tour Soft and Super Soft. I love the feel of the real soft ball but they don’t hold the green like the three I normally play with because of the cover and low spin I’m sure.

16

#3917 BeerPerHole

BeerPerHole

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459940
  • Joined: 03/21/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 590

Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

I got out on our course yesterday. It was a light rain and our club was "closed". But, they let us through the gate. Had the course to myself - it was really beautiful. The MTB Black I was gaming was fantastic. Man - these are very good balls. As DFinch so eloquently stated up above, I also like to support an industry interrupter.
Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
23-year old Mizuno 5 Wood
Srixon Z Star XV & Snell MTB Black

17

#3918 OakLawnGolfPro

OakLawnGolfPro

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486006
  • Joined: 11/03/2017
  • Location:Oak Lawn, IL
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:scottwhogan
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

Just did a test last week, as I was given a dozen of the Snell and the TP5 each and wanted to test against the Pro v1 and the Vice Pro Plus which I had already played.  Was pleasantly surprised.

Here is the entire test to watch and see all the results I got with each ball.  You'll see some interesting numbers I think as I go through.  Not a complete test but just thought it would be fun to try it out.


www.scotthogangolf.com

18

#3919 linkerpan

linkerpan

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,257 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134575
  • Joined: 07/29/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 449

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

Is Snell more TP5 than TP5x?

Edited by linkerpan, 25 December 2018 - 01:14 PM.

M4 460, 8.5 Rogue 70
Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Vokey SM6 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
Taylor Made TP5 balls
Bushnell V2 range finder
Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag

WITB Link

19

#3920 SPARKP

SPARKP

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 673 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145339
  • Joined: 11/04/2011
  • Location:Pearland, Tx.
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:sep1006
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:39 PM

Well damn sure didn't need any golf balls but I did order / receive 6 dozen of the MTB Black. Like them much better than the Pro V's in every way. I've been playing for the Pro V's for years. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the 21 dozen Pro V's I have sitting around.

PXG GEN 2 0811X 10.5*| Graphite Design Tour ADI-6 Stiff
2017 TM M2 Tour 3wd |
Graphite Design Tour ADI-6 Stiff

PXG GEN-2 0311X 2 - Driving iron with KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95 grams

PXG GEN-2 0311XF 3 - 6 irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff

PXG GEN-2 0311P 7 - GW irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff

PXG 0311T Sierra Black SW 56* - 10 | Project X LZ 115 Stiff

PXG 0311T Zulu Black LW 60* - 7 | Project X LZ 115 Stiff

PXG GUNBOAT H Putter

PXG STAFF BAG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#3921 PatsNation

PatsNation

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125004
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:New England
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 324

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

Got to love the 6 dozen MTB Black Christmas gift

21

#3922 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

    Tour Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367933
  • Joined: 03/24/2015
  • Location:New Bedford, MA
GolfWRX Likes : 1025

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:30 AM

View PostBY#99, on 24 December 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 24 December 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

View PostHstead, on 24 December 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Well Dean, I received your email from your Team, Merry Christmas.  I must say, not only can Dean construct a quality golf ball, he knows how to hire talent too.  WOW!

I noticed that too, lol.  I also appreciate that his email actually said "Merry Christmas"

I agree. I wish more said Merry Christmas. I also wanted to thank Dean for his efforts to stay in touch with his customers. I know it must be tough as the company grows but it is obvious this is important to Dean. Merry Christmas to all and the Snell family!
Thank you.. Happy New Year to you and your family as well... some good stuff coming soon...let it develop..

22

#3923 1Mordrid1

1Mordrid1

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494342
  • Joined: 02/22/2018
  • Location:Phoenix
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

Well, I hope I like the MTB Black. After reading the reviews and the feedback from members here, I took the plunge and ordered 6 dozen MTB black. I have been playing the 2018 QST and CS, so hopefully it will not be too hard of a transition.

Edited by 1Mordrid1, 05 January 2019 - 08:42 PM.

WITB

Callaway Rogue driver w/ Oban Tour Limited 4 60
Taylormade R15 3 wood w/ Kurocage 60 tini s
Nike Sasquatch Sumo #4 hybrid(cut down 1") w/ H Diamana s
Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
Ping G700 5-UW AWT 2.0(1°flat, 2° weak)
Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind 56 /KBS Tour V
Callaway Mack Daddy PM grind 60/KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
2018 Chrome Soft X

23

#3924 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 3735

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

View Post1Mordrid1, on 05 January 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Well, I hope I like the MTB Black. After reading the reviews and the feedback from members here, I took the plunge and ordered 6 dozen MTB black. I have been playing the 2018 QST and CS, so hopefully it will not be too hard of a transition.

Let us know what you think.  I'm slowly converting some of my friends over to Snell :)
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

24

#3925 Hstead

Hstead

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
  • Joined: 09/30/2009
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2863

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

I have enough holes with my MTB Blacks that I can give them a thumbs up.  As durable as any other premium ball, spins at least as well off of irons or more, solid off of driver, no ballooning, normal distances, overall a very good ball.  Glad I have 7 dozen left.

TaylorMade M3 9.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
Callaway Epic Subzero 15* Diamana D+
Titleist 818 H1
Mizuno 919 Tour 6-P, 5 Forged, 4 Hot Metal KBS Tour X
Titleist TVD 56* and 60* V Grind S400
Directed Force
Snell

25

#3926 RobDMB

RobDMB

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31236
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

Is it anticipated that the Red/Black line of balls will remain unchanged for 2019? I know they were just updated last year.  Thanks.
Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
Ping i20 Hybrid
Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant

26

#3927 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

    Tour Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367933
  • Joined: 03/24/2015
  • Location:New Bedford, MA
GolfWRX Likes : 1025

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

View PostRobDMB, on 14 January 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

Is it anticipated that the Red/Black line of balls will remain unchanged for 2019? I know they were just updated last year.  Thanks.
We have been working on some new things that we hope to announce to everyone in the next week or two...its all been based off feedback from our customers... testing is complete.. now putting together final launch plans.. announcement coming soon...

27

#3928 RobDMB

RobDMB

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31236
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

Awesome, thanks.  I’ll hold off then but before I put in my order for this year.
Ping Anser 9.5* Driver
Callaway X2 Hot 3 Wood
Ping i20 Hybrid
Srixon Z765 4-AW Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant

28

#3929 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 569

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

newbie ball-ho here.

the sticky stuff on mtb black and prov1 like are because the cover is TPU. am I correct?

mtb red doesn't have that because it's something else.. like Z-stars.

then does all ball with TPU have stickiness?

29

#3930 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

    Tour Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367933
  • Joined: 03/24/2015
  • Location:New Bedford, MA
GolfWRX Likes : 1025

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

View Postlarciel, on 15 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

newbie ball-ho here.

the sticky stuff on mtb black and prov1 like are because the cover is TPU. am I correct?

mtb red doesn't have that because it's something else.. like Z-stars.

then does all ball with TPU have stickiness?
No... they are not TPU... they are thermoset urethanes, and the difference in feel is the paint system that is used over the urethane.. the TPU covers are painted with clear coats of paint (usually) and the color is pigmented into the cover.. on thermoset urethanes, the paint system is typically pigmented with a couple of coats and then one clear coat over that... sometimes just 2 pigmented coats.. but paint systems are not the same.. any feel or touch differences you feel on the ball are usually caused by the outer paint layer.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors