Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 21 votes

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

3239 replies to this topic

#3181 JDW3

JDW3

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251152
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:23 AM

View Postrymail00, on 11 April 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

Ok so I read just about every MSG comment and it seemed pretty split. I think that most of the Pro V1 supporters just don't like change. I've played Pro V1/X for the last bunch of years and it has been the only constant thing in my bag for years (so I can kind of understand a few of those comments). So I can see how guys are more reluctant to accept change, or accepting that something 1/4 to 1/3 cheaper can be just as good. For me if the MTB plays close to the Pro V1 as the MSG review shows it'll be a no-brainer.

It's only going to be mid 40's tomorrow here but I'm planning on trying the 2017 Po V1 against my Black/Red trial pack. Our course will be deserted so I can hit all 3 off the tee, into the greens, etc. Being a loooong time Pro V1/X player I'd be psyched if either MTB ball woks better (but I'll have to do the same testing when we're in the mid 70 degrees too).

Again I hope MSG does testing with MTB Red vs the Pro V1X, or just a 4 way testing, testing them all head to head with data #'s.
I was a long time Prov1x player and I made the switch last year to he original Snell MTB. I've bought a dozen of each and will test them as soon as the course open, its looking like next week. Until then I can only putt with them. Off the putter I prefer the black as the red feels slightly firmer to me and I prefer the soft feel. That being said, if the red performs better for me on course I would have no problem getting used to the firmer feel.

Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic
3 wood: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816
Hybrid: Callaway XR16 19*
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 16
Wedges: Vokey sm7 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 & Newport 3
Ball: Snell My Tour Ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#3182 elwhippy

elwhippy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
GolfWRX Likes : 668

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

I am going to pull the trigger and order the mixed red and black trial pack.

#3183 RMGC_NV

RMGC_NV

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56465
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

View PostGolf64, on 07 April 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Dean, better check with the Canadian office, just emailed them today and told me 'a few months' for the new ball?! Price for new ball in Can.$?

Yea the sense of urgency within Team Canada seems to be absent.

#3184 larciel

larciel

I play for eagle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
GolfWRX Likes : 309

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:14 PM

Mtb blk and red earned GD gold. Woot!

Or is that test considered irrelevant in wrx?

#3185 rymail00

rymail00

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 745

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

View PostJDW3, on 11 April 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

Ok so I read just about every MSG comment and it seemed pretty split. I think that most of the Pro V1 supporters just don't like change. I've played Pro V1/X for the last bunch of years and it has been the only constant thing in my bag for years (so I can kind of understand a few of those comments). So I can see how guys are more reluctant to accept change, or accepting that something 1/4 to 1/3 cheaper can be just as good. For me if the MTB plays close to the Pro V1 as the MSG review shows it'll be a no-brainer.

It's only going to be mid 40's tomorrow here but I'm planning on trying the 2017 Po V1 against my Black/Red trial pack. Our course will be deserted so I can hit all 3 off the tee, into the greens, etc. Being a loooong time Pro V1/X player I'd be psyched if either MTB ball woks better (but I'll have to do the same testing when we're in the mid 70 degrees too).

Again I hope MSG does testing with MTB Red vs the Pro V1X, or just a 4 way testing, testing them all head to head with data #'s.
I was a long time Prov1x player and I made the switch last year to he original Snell MTB. I've bought a dozen of each and will test them as soon as the course open, its looking like next week. Until then I can only putt with them. Off the putter I prefer the black as the red feels slightly firmer to me and I prefer the soft feel. That being said, if the red performs better for me on course I would have no problem getting used to the firmer feel.

I played my normal Pro V1 2017 for 12 holes and then tried the new MTB black and was extremely happy with it. After 6 holes I think I'd have zero issues making the switch. It really felt great at impact and played no different in the limited use today.

Plus since MTB new costs basically what 5A used Pro V1 cost  dozen it's a no brainer. Hoping to give them a go again tomorrow and then after comparing the MTB Black vs Pro V1 then I'll do a Red vs Black but I'm thinking for my game the Black may be better.

rymail00 2018 WITB   http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey 7s (current gamer)
Ping Scottsdale TR B60
TP Mills Heritage 349g
Byron Morgan DH11 360g
Byron Morgan 006 355g
C&L 368g

#3186 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

Advanced

• Sponsors
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367933
GolfWRX Likes : 841

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

View PostRMGC_NV, on 11 April 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Dean, better check with the Canadian office, just emailed them today and told me 'a few months' for the new ball?! Price for new ball in Can.$?

We are working with Canada on the supply as we speak.. it is not Canada, it is the supply of the balls.. .the factory has missed the shipping schedule... I believe that Canda will have the new product in stock around the first or second week of May... shooting for first week...

#3187 flushem

flushem

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

View PostSnell Golf, on 12 April 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

View PostRMGC_NV, on 11 April 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

We are working with Canada on the supply as we speak.. it is not Canada, it is the supply of the balls.. .the factory has missed the shipping schedule... I believe that Canda will have the new product in stock around the first or second week of May... shooting for first week...

finally the end of Canadian blues is near........

#3188 flushem

flushem

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

View Postrymail00, on 11 April 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

I played my normal Pro V1 2017 for 12 holes and then tried the new MTB black and was extremely happy with it. After 6 holes I think I'd have zero issues making the switch. It really felt great at impact and played no different in the limited use today.

Plus since MTB new costs basically what 5A used Pro V1 cost  dozen it's a no brainer. Hoping to give them a go again tomorrow and then after comparing the MTB Black vs Pro V1 then I'll do a Red vs Black but I'm thinking for my game the Black may be better.

two days ago, I had a full round gaming ProV1 (either 17 or 18).  First I notice the loss of distance compared to og MTB.  About 10 - 15 yds off driver and 5 - 10 yds off irons.  ProV1 felt slight softer and span about the same as og MTB.

#3189 Pawtucket

Pawtucket

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457642
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:19 PM

Cost?

*wishes* Please be comparable, please be comparable, please be comparable
whats in the bag?
Cobra f8+ cut 1"
Cobra F7 fairway
Srixon z355
Cleveland 48 wedge
Ping 54 wedge
Ping 58 ES wedge
TM Soto putter

#3190 rymail00

rymail00

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 745

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:15 AM

View Postflushem, on 12 April 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

two days ago, I had a full round gaming ProV1 (either 17 or 18).  First I notice the loss of distance compared to og MTB.  About 10 - 15 yds off driver and 5 - 10 yds off irons.  ProV1 felt slight softer and span about the same as og MTB.

Sorry I'm slightly confused.

You mentioned the 2017-2018 Pro V1 and then the "notice of loss of distance compared to the OG MTB". Are you referring to losing distance of Po V1 vs OG MTB, OG MTB vs Pro V1? It's just a bit confusing on what balls your actually referring to.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.
Ryan

rymail00 2018 WITB   http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey 7s (current gamer)
Ping Scottsdale TR B60
TP Mills Heritage 349g
Byron Morgan DH11 360g
Byron Morgan 006 355g
C&L 368g

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#3191 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

A couple buddies are going to order 6 boxes and asked if I wanted to buy a couple of them... Figured why not. I'm currently gaming the Vice Pro Plus... So I'd want the MTB Black right?
GO DAWGS

#3192 flushem

flushem

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

View Postrymail00, on 13 April 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

View Postflushem, on 12 April 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Sorry I'm slightly confused.

You mentioned the 2017-2018 Pro V1 and then the "notice of loss of distance compared to the OG MTB". Are you referring to losing distance of Po V1 vs OG MTB, OG MTB vs Pro V1? It's just a bit confusing on what balls your actually referring to.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.
Ryan

ProV1 yields shorter distance than OG MTB.

#3193 kess13

kess13

So I just put the ball in the hole...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196594
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:33 AM

My test pack came in last week so I took the red and black out for a round yesterday. I did not care for the og MTB because I never liked the way it felt. But I was excited to try these after all the reviews here.

I started with the black and hit a pretty good tee shot off the first which is a par 5 slight dogleg left. I walked up to my usual area and couldn't find my ball so I kept walking. Finally found it through the fairway at 326yds. That is a ridiculous number for me that only happens if I'm catching cart path love. I chalked it up to a fluke and then proceeded to have my longest driving day in years. I eclipsed 300 again that round. Even when I caught it toe side it still got to my normal driver zones. It felt great.

It gives me the trajectory and distances I like to see off my irons,pierces wind very well, and held greens without a problem.

I found it to be very compliant with short and greenside work with predictable roll out.

I absolutely loved it off the putter. The feel and roll were spot on for me which lead to a nice putting round, 4 birdies, and multiple par saves. I am not a great golfer so it was great to see those circles.

I never put the red into play as planned because the black was working so well for me. I shot my lowest round of the year so that is a solid debut. I did hit the red at the chipping green after the round and the spin was noticeably more and I felt like you could just throw the red at the hole and it will nestle up close where as you need to plan a little running room for the black.

As much as I hate golfballs with seams, the black has impressed me very much, at least initially. I don't expect that to change as the ball was just so predictable throughout the round so I will probably make this my ball for '18.
Thank you,  Mr. Snell for making such a solid offering at such a low price.

F7+
G15 3w
MMB-17 3-G
S18/Eye2XG
Ming

#3194 jimb6golf

jimb6golf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135116
GolfWRX Likes : 317

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

Played a full round with the Red and Black yesterday, with the front nine using the Red and the back nine using the Black.  As the course conditions were still pretty pathetic in New England, it wasn't the best time to test, but there were some initial thoughts.  You could definitely see the increased spin from the Red on shorter and chip shots, as well as them tending to hit and stop on the green.  The Black tended to run on a little more.  Again the course wasn't that firm so it's not the best review, as well as having strong wind gusts all day, but initial impressions have me leaning towards the Red.  More as the weather improves (or 'if' as it's now snowing again).

#3195 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

Advanced

• Sponsors
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:30 PM

Happy to report that the MTB BLACK , MTB RED and GET SUM balls all got GOLD medals on the hot list this year...I am sure this info will be sent out soon, if not already.... thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming..

#3196 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1052

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

congrats!!
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

#3197 mulliganman30

mulliganman30

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133120
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

View PostSnell Golf, on 16 April 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Happy to report that the MTB BLACK , MTB RED and GET SUM balls all got GOLD medals on the hot list this year...I am sure this info will be sent out soon, if not already.... thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming..

So I have a couple questions about the new versions of the ball.  So, I noticed Walmart is carrying these on their website.  Is this going to be a consistent thing?  Along those same lines, I believe I snagged the last they had of the black.  But, still see they have the red.   Is the black going to restock their soon?   Have the blacks been outselling the red?

#3198 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
GolfWRX Likes : 5798

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:25 PM

A late update here (still in mourning about my original Red that lasted so long).

New ball now has 36 holes on it. A ways to go. Put another nine on the original black one also, but I don't remember where I was with it.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

#3199 monks66

monks66

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465294
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

Good Job Dean!

#3200 flushem

flushem

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

Perhaps GD saw the complaints made on GolfWRX about their bogus & questionable ball spin test they made last time.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#3201 monkeyboy

monkeyboy

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49206
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

I don't mean to sound critical, but a small suggestion..

All print on the MTB Black should be Black
All print on the MTB Red should be Red
...more logical that way.

I saw your hats today, a Black hat and a Red hat...both with "MTB Black" printed on the side.

Red deserves it's own identity!

Just kidding - it is your company, not mine...maybe I am just too anal.
LEFT IS RIGHT
Driver (9.5) - Titleist 910D3 Ozik Matrix X-Con6 R
Wood (15) - Exotics EX10 Aldila Rougue Silver 70 S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 Black Satin / 50.10 / 54.08 / 58.06 DG S300
Putter - Gauge Design GAA-8
Ball - Snell MTB Red

#3202 flushem

flushem

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

View Postmonkeyboy, on 17 April 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

I saw your hats today, a Black hat and a Red hat...both with "MTB Black" printed on the side.

1+

#3203 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

Advanced

• Sponsors
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

great comments.. let me share with you why I did this.. for the hats, we do have RED hats coming in with MTB RED on the side.. New Era did not ship them with this order, and have sent us notice they are to be shipped in May.. the Maroon hats, as well as other colors we may have, can have MTB BLACK or MTB RED on them.. like if we have a Grey hat, this could be either, or maybe even both.. so the maroon is not to be confused as being the RED, or MTB RED hat... that is coming.. maybe having it available now did make it a bit confusing since RED is not there..
For the golf balls and colors... In golf, over the years, RED numbers have always meant lower compression, or softer in feel... The reason I did not put a black number on the MTB BLACK is because this ball has a nice, lower compression softer feel... so the perception of a black number (meaning 100 compression to some) is not the reality of the ball.. so figured, since balls are bought in dozen boxes and sleeves, and shipped to your homes, the numbers are not really seen until the ball is played.. so if you happen to find one out there, and saw the black number, people tend to think it is 100 compression not knowing anything about the ball.. that is why I put the RED number on the MTB BLACK.. hope this helps and makes sense...i chose the performance of the ball to match the number, not the name of the ball to match the number...but appreciate the feedback, as always...

#3204 mulliganman30

mulliganman30

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:10 AM

View PostSnell Golf, on 18 April 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

great comments.. let me share with you why I did this.. for the hats, we do have RED hats coming in with MTB RED on the side.. New Era did not ship them with this order, and have sent us notice they are to be shipped in May.. the Maroon hats, as well as other colors we may have, can have MTB BLACK or MTB RED on them.. like if we have a Grey hat, this could be either, or maybe even both.. so the maroon is not to be confused as being the RED, or MTB RED hat... that is coming.. maybe having it available now did make it a bit confusing since RED is not there..
For the golf balls and colors... In golf, over the years, RED numbers have always meant lower compression, or softer in feel... The reason I did not put a black number on the MTB BLACK is because this ball has a nice, lower compression softer feel... so the perception of a black number (meaning 100 compression to some) is not the reality of the ball.. so figured, since balls are bought in dozen boxes and sleeves, and shipped to your homes, the numbers are not really seen until the ball is played.. so if you happen to find one out there, and saw the black number, people tend to think it is 100 compression not knowing anything about the ball.. that is why I put the RED number on the MTB BLACK.. hope this helps and makes sense...i chose the performance of the ball to match the number, not the name of the ball to match the number...but appreciate the feedback, as always...

I'm curious if you are seeing the black or red selling more at this point.  I've got 3 dozen Black's and 6 dozen red's on the way.   I noticed Walmart is carrying them but are now out of stock on both. For third party distributors like this, will they be getting additional supply and if so do you know when that might be?

#3205 Snell Golf

Snell Golf

Advanced

• Sponsors
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:47 AM

View Postmulliganman30, on 18 April 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

I'm curious if you are seeing the black or red selling more at this point.  I've got 3 dozen Black's and 6 dozen red's on the way.   I noticed Walmart is carrying them but are now out of stock on both. For third party distributors like this, will they be getting additional supply and if so do you know when that might be?
the  orders have been 50-50 for the first month... in all honesty, the test packs of 6 sleeves of each model have been our number one seller.. players test them head to head, then have come back and bought which one they liked.. which has been about 50-50 at this time... as for the walmart question, we do not sell to walmart.. there is a on line site that sells our balls, and they are connected to walmart in some way.. so they can offer quick shipping.. but we want to continue to get the message and golf balls out there as much as possible.. if this makes it easier for someone to get quicker, then that is a good thing...

#3206 monkeyboy

monkeyboy

Advanced

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49206
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the history lesson!  I was not aware of this.
LEFT IS RIGHT
Driver (9.5) - Titleist 910D3 Ozik Matrix X-Con6 R
Wood (15) - Exotics EX10 Aldila Rougue Silver 70 S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 Black Satin / 50.10 / 54.08 / 58.06 DG S300
Putter - Gauge Design GAA-8
Ball - Snell MTB Red

#3207 mulliganman30

mulliganman30

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostSnell Golf, on 18 April 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

View Postmulliganman30, on 18 April 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

the  orders have been 50-50 for the first month... in all honesty, the test packs of 6 sleeves of each model have been our number one seller.. players test them head to head, then have come back and bought which one they liked.. which has been about 50-50 at this time... as for the walmart question, we do not sell to walmart.. there is a on line site that sells our balls, and they are connected to walmart in some way.. so they can offer quick shipping.. but we want to continue to get the message and golf balls out there as much as possible.. if this
makes it easier for someone to get quicker, then that is a good thing...

Thanks for the information. I only asked because I had been watching Walmart stock and it looked like they were going through the black faster than the red.

That's interesting about the supply to Walmart.   I had been wondering about this because I also Rock Bottom Golf, Budget Golf, and Amazon were selling them and was curious because I thought they wouldn't be offered elsewhere.   So does this mean that all these retailers are then been supplied  by the same online presence?

#3208 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1052

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:43 PM

i played again yesterday. still really like the red. I wish that it had just a touch more spin around the 30-50 yard area. everything else is money. i have been playing the yellow, hey Dean have you noticed any differences in performance due to color?

Edited by QuigleyDU, 18 April 2018 - 12:46 PM.

driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

#3209 kess13

kess13

So I just put the ball in the hole...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196594
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

Played the red for 9 tonight. It performs very nicely and dances on the green unlike any ball I've played in a while. Almost backed one up into the hole. I didn't really notice much more spin off the driver over the black but the black was a hair longer off the tee.

I'm used to a little run out so its tough for me to throw the ball closer to the hole.

Overall both are great balls but I think that based on feel alone the black gains a little more favor from me. But I have to hand it to Mr. Snell,  he's made two great balls that pretty much negate my need to mess around with competitors.
F7+
G15 3w
MMB-17 3-G
S18/Eye2XG
Ming

#3210 Volgolfer

Volgolfer

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10249
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:12 AM

Got my test pack a few weeks ago and in testing mode.  Initial impressions are that the RED does indeed spin more around the greens.  Checks up almost too much, so you have to account for this.  But once you do it is so much fun to be able to get the ball to stop where you want vs having to guess about roll-out.

It does however seem to be shorter off the tee than the new BLACK.  The BLACK has a nice feel off the driver and seems to have more roll.  Hard to tell at this point if BLACK is longer than RED, so more testing to do...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

golfnut215

GolfWRX Sponsors