Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 20 votes

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???


1991 replies to this topic

#1 abel88

abel88

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123343
  • Joined: 03/02/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

anyone hit these??


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 MarkCPA

MarkCPA

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63560
  • Joined: 08/18/2008
  • Location:Collierville, TN
  • Ebay ID:mark-cpa
GolfWRX Likes : 519

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

Still more than a month out based on the Wrx story.   Interesting idea given the founder's background.    I'd have no problem ordering if the ball performs.
Titleist 915D2 driver 10.5*
Titleist 915F 15* FW
Titleist 816 19* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4 - PW
Titleist SM6 - 54* & 58*
Ping Cadence Anser 2 - 33" & 2* flat

2

#3 duffer888

duffer888

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22282
  • Joined: 11/29/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 231

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

I'd give them a try.  Snell helped make the ProV1 and when he switched to TM, he created the first TP Black, which is still my favorite ball ever.
What's in the Swift X?
Ping driver
Callaway fairways
Ping irons
TM ball
SeeMore mFPG

3

#4 SteelieD

SteelieD

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168867
  • Joined: 03/12/2012
  • Location:Seattle
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

Looks like they are available to order... http://snellgolf.com/

Who's going to be the first to jump in?
Titleist 913 D2 and Titleist 910f
TM Rescue '11
Ping i20's
Mizuno MP T4 52/56/60
SC Circa 62 #3
Titleist Pro V1x

4

#5 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Belen Mozo!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,019 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5075

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

Most of the technology used today is attributed to him.  I'd be more than willing to try a sleeve.

PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
Scotty Cameron Golo5 CB
Ball: TaylorMade TP5/Srixon Q Star Tour (testing both)

5

#6 Gauchograd99

Gauchograd99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 336355
  • Joined: 08/26/2014
  • Location:Lake Forest, Ca
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4266

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

Interesting... but I will wait for others to give them a shot. Too many balls in storage right now anyway.
Razr-FIT Ext. 8.5deg, Black Tie (S)
XHotPro 13.5deg, stock stiff
TM Stage2Pro 18.5deg (set low), stiff. (Currently NOT in bag)
Callaway Apex MB Steelfiber i110cw 3-PW
Mizuno MP-T4 (50/6)
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54/10
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 58/8
Odyssey MXM #6 "Versa," 35in.
http://www.gamegolf....er/gauchograd99

Member of the OGA (Outlaw Golf Association) # 6.022*10^23

6

#7 SeekonkHolen1

SeekonkHolen1

    Swing Hard and Look up

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7507
  • Joined: 11/08/2005
  • Location:South Eastern Massachusetts
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

View Postduffer888, on 02 February 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'd give them a try.  Snell helped make the ProV1 and when he switched to TM, he created the first TP Black, which is still my favorite ball ever.

If I'm not mistaken he also designed the Maxfli BlackMax while Maxfli was a TaylorMade company, which was before they launched the TaylorMade line of golfballs. Today's BlackMax is horrible, but when the BlackMax was first introduced as a urethane cover 3 piece ball it was spectacular!!

7

#8 deetsal

deetsal

    deetsal

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 348655
  • Joined: 11/14/2014
  • Location:nj
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostSeekonkHolen1, on 02 February 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

View Postduffer888, on 02 February 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'd give them a try.  Snell helped make the ProV1 and when he switched to TM, he created the first TP Black, which is still my favorite ball ever.

If I'm not mistaken he also designed the Maxfli BlackMax while Maxfli was a TaylorMade company, which was before they launched the TaylorMade line of golfballs. Today's BlackMax is horrible, but when the BlackMax was first introduced as a urethane cover 3 piece ball it was spectacular!!
i HAVE ABOUT 50 USED TOUR BLACK MAX AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.

8

#9 SplashShot

SplashShot

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 347615
  • Joined: 11/07/2014
  • Location:Michigan City, IN
  • Handicap:10.7
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

I'd be willing.. May order a dozen. Probably wouldn't even need to mark my ball! Not yet anyway ;)
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X2Hot 3 deep
Adams Super S 3H
Ping ISI-S 4-PW, S1, S3
Cleveland Classic, Superstroke SSR2
Snell MTB

9

#10 Mozjo33

Mozjo33

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 319065
  • Joined: 06/05/2014
  • Location:Chantilly, VA
  • Ebay ID:Mozjo33
GolfWRX Likes : 194

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

They sell a testing pack for $26.99. 6 Tour and 6 Soft.  Think I'm gonna give it a try.

http://snellgolf.com...s/testing-pack/


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 SeekonkHolen1

SeekonkHolen1

    Swing Hard and Look up

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7507
  • Joined: 11/08/2005
  • Location:South Eastern Massachusetts
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

View Postdeetsaol, on 02 February 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

View PostSeekonkHolen1, on 02 February 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

View Postduffer888, on 02 February 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'd give them a try.  Snell helped make the ProV1 and when he switched to TM, he created the first TP Black, which is still my favorite ball ever.

If I'm not mistaken he also designed the Maxfli BlackMax while Maxfli was a TaylorMade company, which was before they launched the TaylorMade line of golfballs. Today's BlackMax is horrible, but when the BlackMax was first introduced as a urethane cover 3 piece ball it was spectacular!!
i HAVE ABOUT 50 USED TOUR BLACK MAX AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THEM.

Dude - All Caps. You mad bro?

I'm guessing you bought the surlyn ones? If that's the case, they make great range balls lol

11

#12 deetsal

deetsal

    deetsal

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 348655
  • Joined: 11/14/2014
  • Location:nj
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 588

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostSplashShot, on 02 February 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

I'd be willing.. May order a dozen. Probably wouldn't even need to mark my ball! Not yet anyway ;)
tHAT IS TRUELY A GREAT PICTURE.  I can fit 55 balls into a flat rate padded bage for 5.99,  I'll fill the bag if you like!  Just tell me what to do and how much you want to pay?  I am a newbie here.  they are 3A+ to 5A.  Am  I alowed to do this here????????  ray

12

#13 Ajlepisto

Ajlepisto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177842
  • Joined: 04/28/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 332

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:01 PM

Aside from the model names, they look like a cool idea. Snell is okay...but my tour ball sounds like a youtube channel.

13

#14 playa

playa

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 280775
  • Joined: 10/18/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3447

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

Graphics are pretty ordinary.  I know it's about how it plays but looks still count.

14

#15 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

31.99 shipped is a good price...who's gonna be the first to try:)

Edited by ode1, 08 February 2015 - 08:27 PM.


15

#16 cane700

cane700

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288027
  • Joined: 12/16/2013
  • Location:Chicago
  • Ebay ID:cane700
GolfWRX Likes : 504

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:02 AM

Id be surprised if this venture does well. The big names blow out their premium  lines for less (sometimes mid season). Plus Pro V1 clones can be had for $20 dozen from MG golf.  Even with the guy's reputation It seems like a tough market to break into.

16

#17 riehlg

riehlg

    Lets Go Pens

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291709
  • Joined: 01/14/2014
  • Location:Lancaster, PA
  • Handicap:7.5
  • Ebay ID:griehl
GolfWRX Likes : 206

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

View Postcane700, on 04 February 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Id be surprised if this venture does well. The big names blow out their premium  lines for less (sometimes mid season). Plus Pro V1 clones can be had for $20 dozen from MG golf.  Even with the guy's reputation It seems like a tough market to break into.
I don't think it would be too incredibly hard for him to make money in the market. Yes you're going to have people that are going to play the Pro V1 no matter what but if you can get a good following going (especially with his credentials) and not needing to spend lots of advertising dollars and just sell directly to the customer, you can save a lot of money doing that way and he should be able to turn a profit. I know a lot of people who don't like the premium balls just because of the cost but if you can get an equal ball for 32 bucks shipped to your door then that's a whole lot better than paying 45-50. Yes there's also the used market too but some people just want to open a sleeve and know the balls are brand new or have to deal with returns or balls that are graded wrong.
Titleist 915D2 10.5º - Diamana Blue 60 S+
Callaway X2Hot Pro 4W 17º -  Aldila Tour Green
Adams Pro Hybrid 3H 20º  - Aldila Tour Red
Cobra AMP Forged (4-P) - KBS Tour S+
Mizuno MP-T5 50º
Taylormade Tour Preffered ATV 54º
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 U-Grind 58º
Seemore FGP - SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 (Blue)
Bridgestone B330-RXS

17

#18 JustTheTips

JustTheTips

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139036
  • Joined: 09/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

View Postriehlg, on 04 February 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

View Postcane700, on 04 February 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Id be surprised if this venture does well. The big names blow out their premium  lines for less (sometimes mid season). Plus Pro V1 clones can be had for $20 dozen from MG golf.  Even with the guy's reputation It seems like a tough market to break into.
I don't think it would be too incredibly hard for him to make money in the market. Yes you're going to have people that are going to play the Pro V1 no matter what but if you can get a good following going (especially with his credentials) and not needing to spend lots of advertising dollars and just sell directly to the customer, you can save a lot of money doing that way and he should be able to turn a profit. I know a lot of people who don't like the premium balls just because of the cost but if you can get an equal ball for 32 bucks shipped to your door then that's a whole lot better than paying 45-50. Yes there's also the used market too but some people just want to open a sleeve and know the balls are brand new or have to deal with returns or balls that are graded wrong.

Problem is that I can buy brand new tour balls from Nike, Taylormade, Bridgestone, and the rest for ~30 bucks (buy 2 get 1 free is the common way) on a pretty regular basis.  Heck even the Pro v1 regularly does a buy 3 get 1 free sale that gets the price down to 35 bucks or so.  I am sure it is as good of ball as those but if it is only as good and costs the same, why am I buying it?

18

#19 rainkingjr

rainkingjr

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52783
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

Guess I'll be first to jump in. Just ordered one dozen of the tour ball. Fingers crossed. At 31.99 shipped, this could be the start of some real long term savings.
Cobra F7+
Cobra Fly Z+ 3/4
Titleist 585H 3 hybrid
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56 and 60 2 dot
Ping Anser Milled 1
Snell MTB

19

#20 tmfool

tmfool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58511
  • Joined: 06/21/2008
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 584

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

ordered two dozen last week -

Dean Snell has 38 golf ball patents with his name on them.  Just a guess - but I expect his new tour ball will be similar to Project (a)


website is well done:

http://snellgolf.com/

TP MB 5-PW 45*Steelfiber i110
TP MB 49* & EF 56-15 s/fiber i110
UDI 3-4 steelfiber i110
SLDR 2H 17* steelfiber i110
SLDR 3HL (open) Matrix 8M3
SLDR 10.5 (upright) Matrix 7M3
Kia Ma Monaco
Snell MTB

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 cristphoto

cristphoto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
  • Joined: 11/30/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 477

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:27 PM

My Tour ball and Get Sum?  They might be good balls but the names have got to be changed.  Dumber than "Lethal".

21

#22 SeekonkHolen1

SeekonkHolen1

    Swing Hard and Look up

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7507
  • Joined: 11/08/2005
  • Location:South Eastern Massachusetts
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

View Postcristphoto, on 07 February 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

My Tour ball and Get Sum?  They might be good balls but the names have got to be changed.  Dumber than "Lethal".

It could actually be marketing genius - name the ball something ridiculous to get people talking about it and create some buzz. Actually seems to be working

22

#23 Gauchograd99

Gauchograd99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 336355
  • Joined: 08/26/2014
  • Location:Lake Forest, Ca
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4266

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

As soon as one of you guinea pigs gets a chance to play with it, PLEASE post a review in here. :) My personal hope is that they are better than the Pro V's and TP's of the world and for that much less. If not, they should still be a great ball at a much more reasonable price.
Razr-FIT Ext. 8.5deg, Black Tie (S)
XHotPro 13.5deg, stock stiff
TM Stage2Pro 18.5deg (set low), stiff. (Currently NOT in bag)
Callaway Apex MB Steelfiber i110cw 3-PW
Mizuno MP-T4 (50/6)
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54/10
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 58/8
Odyssey MXM #6 "Versa," 35in.
http://www.gamegolf....er/gauchograd99

Member of the OGA (Outlaw Golf Association) # 6.022*10^23

23

#24 rainkingjr

rainkingjr

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52783
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 424

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

I'll post as soon as I get a round in. As for the name, it isn't what I would have chosen, but I'll be darned if I'm not going to use a quality product because of the name.
Cobra F7+
Cobra Fly Z+ 3/4
Titleist 585H 3 hybrid
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 4-GW
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56 and 60 2 dot
Ping Anser Milled 1
Snell MTB

24

#25 golf9596

golf9596

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 884
  • Joined: 05/25/2005
  • Location:USA
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 189

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

View Postrainkingjr, on 07 February 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

Guess I'll be first to jump in. Just ordered one dozen of the tour ball. Fingers crossed. At 31.99 shipped, this could be the start of some real long term savings.

Just did the same. If I like them great deal, if not it's not the first $30 I blew…….LOL

M2 (2016) Project X red 75-S
Stage 2 19* HB-Fujikura Speeder-S
Ping i200-KBS-S 4-pw
SC Big Sur 46"....Will order the Latrobe when it is released.....
Vokey SM6... 52* &58*
Jones Player carry
Srixon XV (2017)

25

#26 dbleag

dbleag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11778
  • Joined: 02/12/2006
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 751

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

Anybody else think that Dean Snell looks like Frank Nobilo with a few extra pounds?

26

#27 cz13X4

cz13X4

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1002

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

View PostSeekonkHolen1, on 02 February 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

View Postduffer888, on 02 February 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

I'd give them a try.  Snell helped make the ProV1 and when he switched to TM, he created the first TP Black, which is still my favorite ball ever.

If I'm not mistaken he also designed the Maxfli BlackMax while Maxfli was a TaylorMade company, which was before they launched the TaylorMade line of golfballs. Today's BlackMax is horrible, but when the BlackMax was first introduced as a urethane cover 3 piece ball it was spectacular!!

Absolutely loved the original black max.

Edited by czastrow, 08 February 2015 - 11:21 PM.


27

#28 cz13X4

cz13X4

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1002

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

I like the which ball is right for you chart and the review on my tour ball by Jeff is also the same guy that wrote for their blog on their website.

28

#29 mwunder

mwunder

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355987
  • Joined: 01/02/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

I will certainly try the ball, but golf in WI won't be happening for some time!

29

#30 JJGolo

JJGolo

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72753
  • Joined: 01/13/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

Supposed to be cheap, but still not that cheap.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    jasond22

GolfWRX Sponsors