Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Headed to Cabo in April 2015 - Where Should We Play??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PhilMickFan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Member #: 115960
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

Going on a little father/son golf trip to Cabo. We are staying at the   Secrets Puerto Los Cabo resort. Looking to play 3 times. We are not under much of any budget constraints.

Any can't miss courses?  Any overhyped/overpriced courses?  Please let me know your experience/advice!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

#2 jumanji

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Member #: 102894
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

I was just in Cabo in December.  The Puerto Los Cabos course on the property is pretty great.  I used teeoff.com (with the discount code for the week) to book their 'deal of the day' every day for 5 straight days.  It ended up costing about $90.00 a round with all your can eat food and drink included.  While my teetime was at like 11:30, I would just show up whenever I wanted and had no problem playing by myself (while my fiance joined) or pairing up with a short group.   I'd rate the course about a 9, you'll have a blast if thats all you play.

You *have* to play Quivira, an amazing experience overall.  I ended up renting a car (which you can do right on the hotel grounds for about $90) and driving there, it's about 45 mins away on the other side of downtown Cabo.  Cabo Del Sol Ocean is also an amazing course.  The other big one is Diamante which is semi-private and you have to finagle your way onto the course (often through a time share presentation).  I've never played Diamante in my 3 trips to Cabo but it's on the list.

In December I placed PLC 5x (we stayed at Secrets) and Quivira once.  I was going to go back and play Quivira again but the course was closed so Nicklaus could play it.

PM me if you want more info.

#3 billk86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Member #: 360493
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:36 PM

I just got back.  We were staying an hour north of Cabo near Todos Santos (on the west coast of the peninsula).  I drove to La Paz and played at the Gary Player course: CostaBaja.  It was great.  Fantastic condition, great staff and really interesting course with some crazy elevations and views of the Sea of Cortez.  I only saw two other groups on the course all day and never had to wait.  The whole thing including cart, lunch, and range balls was $89 US and no need to sit thru any presentation.  

It might be too far to travel from Cabo, but if you decide to go, I'd suggest playing 36.

Also, the Cabo forum on Trip Adviser has a lot of active golfers and great info on all the area courses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors