Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

pga pros who chew?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 ccacandy

ccacandy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20236
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

we've all seen big john daly and angel cabrera and others smoking on the course...but does anyone know of any golf pro's who chew while playing out there?  disgusting habit as it may be, a nice dip out on the course is like heaven to me.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 glcoach

glcoach

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6874
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

Boo
Leonard
Love
Kaye
Verplank
Duval
Gay

A whole bunch more.  The only one who is really loud about it is Boo.  

Rules:
1.  Don't spit on greens
2.  Throw your used dip out of sight
3.  Don't offend people by spitting all the time
4.  Don't be loud about it (like Boo)

Nothing really wrong with it.  I prefer the Swedish Snus myself when I play golf.

#3 ccacandy

ccacandy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

i tried the camel snus as it is new on the us market....didn't like it so much, would have probably needed about 3 up in my mouth to get the same effect as regular dip...it would be good for a businessman or something though!  something to consider when i graduate college! if i ever do! lol

#4 glcoach

glcoach

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6874
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

Anything released here isn't real Snus.  You need to get some directly from Sweden.....either Ettan or General.

#5 DEES3

DEES3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25795

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

Or Grov.  I'm pretty sure that Svensk Snus is being distributed in the U.S. now.  I saw an ad for it in a magazine (Field and Stream??) recently.

#6 ccacandy

ccacandy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

i will have to look into that, thanks

#7 nagoh

nagoh

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2030
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

View Postglcoach, on Aug 30 2007, 10:39 AM, said:

Nothing really wrong with it...
Other than causing cancer.

#8 Johnnyallthetime

Johnnyallthetime

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23394

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

this stuff will give you oral cancer faster than you can say "squamous cell carcinoma".  as a dental student, i highly recommend that everyone who does chew, quit right now.  this stuff is worse than smoking cigarettes (although smoking is also very bad for you).

#9 jackierobinson45

jackierobinson45

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27035
  • Ebay ID:uclabruin89

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

Chris Couch too.

#10 hattrick3518

hattrick3518

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23222
  • Ebay ID:hockeyboy5253
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

gotta agree with ya, nothin like a nice dip out there. i prefer smoking tho, not really a bad habit, i only do either when im out on the course. but yeah, i dont see any guys on tour with cancer??? so mr. dental student dont flip out, its their choice to make

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 pingi203

pingi203

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17839
  • Ebay ID:pingi2032ksr

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:22 AM

Gabriel Hjerstedt does too

#12 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9805

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

http://www.smokeysnuff.com
Smokey Mountain Snuff....Tobacco Free Herbal Snuff...
It works for me, and I used tobacco for 37 years.
I am now tobacco free!!!
Try the sample packs they have....

#13 DallasPanic

DallasPanic

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20278
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up on smokey snuff bulldog, will give it a try today.
Titleist 913 D3 9.5* Oban Devotion 6/05
Titleist 913fd 15* UST VTS TourSPX Red7
Bridgestone J40 18* Diamana 'Ahina X
Bridgestone J40 4-W KBS C-Taper
Miura MB-5002 48* DG S400
Miura Wedge Series 55* & 59* DG S400

#14 Bones01gt

Bones01gt

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36045

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

View Posthattrick3518, on Aug 31 2007, 12:25 AM, said:

gotta agree with ya, nothin like a nice dip out there. i prefer smoking tho, not really a bad habit, i only do either when im out on the course. but yeah, i dont see any guys on tour with cancer??? so mr. dental student dont flip out, its their choice to make

They might not have it yet, but wait till they are finished with the tour years down the road and they have dentures and a** skin grafted onto their lips...maybe that will make them reevaluate their decision to put that crap in their mouth. Then again, what's a little crap in your mouth when you have a** skin grafts on your lips???

#15 Johnnyallthetime

Johnnyallthetime

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23394

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

View Postthegolfclubdude, on Aug 31 2007, 09:28 AM, said:

They might not have it yet, but wait till they are finished with the tour years down the road and they have dentures and a** skin grafted onto their lips...maybe that will make them reevaluate their decision to put that crap in their mouth. Then again, what's a little crap in your mouth when you have a** skin grafts on your lips???

i wouldn't have put it quite that way but that was well said. :drinks:

#16 mat562

mat562

My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

Skin grafts and dentures aside..

Nothing could look worse than some of the toupees that have been worn on the Champions Tour...

#17 TheVelvetCat

TheVelvetCat

Grape jelly.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3398

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

I'm so glad the morality police have shown up, yet again,  to advise adults how to live their life regarding a legal product.  Awesome job, everybody.

I like instances such as this.  I like them almost as much as when a luddite introduces a ball-rollback opinion in a new equipment or technology thread.  It's simply the bee's knees.

How about I help everyone out, and save us all some typing time, hmm?  

These threads are terrible, influential on juniors, poor examples, disgusting, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Then what about the cigar threads and favorite liquor threads, it's a double standard...TheVelvetCat, you're not taking this seriously....Yes, I am...I'm an adult, leave me alone....you should be concerned about rising health care costs regarding tobacco use.....Insert random mouth cancer survivor picture....Sorry I even started this topic....No, it's not your fault....Hey, guys let's keep the debate peaceful....I have a friend that was affected by this disease...I'm honestly sorry for your loss, but please don't dictate how I live... you're an idiot with a disgusting habit....How old are you anyway, Like 15?....When you can legally vote or buy this product, maybe you can have an opinion or lobby for a change in laws....until then, shut up....You're a disgusting slob with a horrible habit....and Locked Thread.

a-thankyou.  

What was the OP's original question again?  Oh yeah.  Tour Pros.  Legal age.  Legal product.  Carry on.

#18 Bones01gt

Bones01gt

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

View PostTheVelvetCat, on Aug 31 2007, 03:43 PM, said:

I'm so glad the morality police have shown up, yet again,  to advise adults how to live their life regarding a legal product.  Awesome job, everybody.

I like instances such as this.  I like them almost as much as when a luddite introduces a ball-rollback opinion in a new equipment or technology thread.  It's simply the bee's knees.

These threads are terrible, influential on juniors, poor examples, disgusting, yadda, yadda, yadda.  Then what about the cigar threads and favorite liquor threads, it's a double standard...TheVelvetCat, you're not taking this seriously....Yes, I am...I'm an adult, leave me alone....you should be concerned about rising health care costs regarding tobacco use.....Insert random mouth cancer survivor picture....Sorry I even started this topic....No, it's not your fault....Hey, guys let's keep the debate peaceful....I have a friend that was affected by this disease...I'm honestly sorry for your loss, but please don't dictate how I live... you're an idiot with a disgusting habit....How old are you anyway, Like 15?....When you can legally vote or buy this product, maybe you can have an opinion or lobby for a change in laws....until then, shut up....You're a disgusting slob with a horrible habit....and Locked Thread.

a-thankyou.  

What was the OP's original question again?  Oh yeah.  Tour Pros.  Legal age.  Legal product.  Carry on.

Don't like the conversation? Stay out of it.

#19 TheVelvetCat

TheVelvetCat

Grape jelly.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3398

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

View Postthegolfclubdude, on Aug 31 2007, 03:05 PM, said:

View PostTheVelvetCat, on Aug 31 2007, 03:43 PM, said:

a-thankyou.  

Don't like the conversation? Stay out of it.

Thanks for agreeing with me.  That's exactly my point.   :drinks:

Edit:  The following links are fun to read, too.  

Click Me!  I'm fun!

Me Too!  Me! Me! Me!

Edited by TheVelvetCat, 31 August 2007 - 03:45 PM.

#20 Lsutiger

Lsutiger

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 766

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

This topic is a real winner! Way to go!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 mat562

mat562

My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

Never mind tobacco..

Those toupees should be banned..

#22 stage1350

stage1350

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Location:5 stars, 5 diamonds, 28 tables, 600 slots. Life is good...
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 1302

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

Can we lock this one too?  I don't want to be accused of any more hating on this board.  

I wish Sam and Drew could post.  Their opinions on this subject would be absolute heaven!   :drinks:
Tour Issue SLDR 430 9w/ GD P9003 TX
X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13 w/ Project X-10A2
Tour Issue 585.H 17 w/ Diamana Thump X
Mizuno MP-63 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 TX
Vokey SM-5 54M and 60M w/ DG Tour X7
Bettinardi Solid Copper BB2 RJB1982

#23 stage1350

stage1350

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Location:5 stars, 5 diamonds, 28 tables, 600 slots. Life is good...
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 1302

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

[Sam] KGK's good peeps! [/Sam]
Tour Issue SLDR 430 9w/ GD P9003 TX
X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13 w/ Project X-10A2
Tour Issue 585.H 17 w/ Diamana Thump X
Mizuno MP-63 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 TX
Vokey SM-5 54M and 60M w/ DG Tour X7
Bettinardi Solid Copper BB2 RJB1982

#24 Bones01gt

Bones01gt

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

If you don't like a thread or topic or whatever...why do you post in it? Why do you read it? That's pretty stoopid if you ask me. Almost as ignorant as putting stankin' a** dip in your lip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors