Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 43 votes

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS!)

17483 replies to this topic

#16801 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 335269
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 1935

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:39 PM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 June 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostBigmean, on 12 June 2018 - 03:19 AM, said:

All I need is to get feel I can repeat but I just can’t seem to dig this one out with driver.

My vote is face more than path. But face inconsistency may be because path requires a lot of timing. But what do I know? Just enough to be dangerous...

I vote for swinging on or under plane on down swing while keeping arms in front of torso. Do that face & path become a lot more stable. Driver and wedge are hardest clubs to pull this off with.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#16802 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
GolfWRX Likes : 2860

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:26 AM

View PostNard_S, on 12 June 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 June 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

View PostBigmean, on 12 June 2018 - 03:19 AM, said:

All I need is to get feel I can repeat but I just can’t seem to dig this one out with driver.

My vote is face more than path. But face inconsistency may be because path requires a lot of timing. But what do I know? Just enough to be dangerous...

I vote for swinging on or under plane on down swing while keeping arms in front of torso. Do that face & path become a lot more stable. Driver and wedge are hardest clubs to pull this off with.

I agree.  In reading BigM's post, I was thinking his path isn't varying, but face is - and that inconsistency in face is because path isn't shallow enough.  I just write poorly 85% of the time here.
Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Titleist T-MB 4-W Modus 105 R
RomaRo Pro 3-W KBS Tour V 110 S
MacGregor 1025M Vfoil 4-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 52, 54,58
Cameron Futura 5W

#16803 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383010
  • Handicap:me
GolfWRX Likes : 4767

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:00 AM

View PostWdwfreak, on 12 June 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

Alright, I went with bigger irons, I tried a number of different irons and ended back up in my 2011 taylormade tp MBs as they gave me better numbers run anything else without spending $1200 on a new set of irons. On trackman I was getting 195-200 yard 6 irons. My driver swingspeed is around 117-120 and those carry numbers show up to real life fairly easily and readily but the irons absolutely do not. I'm not trying to say this as "I want more distance" yadda yadda yadda what I am trying to say is the yardages don't add up to my driver or swing speed, I'm losing it somewhere. I can carry my driver 295 readily but struggle to hit a 6 iron 185 now, 7 maxes out at 175, 8 at 165, but usually shorter than that right now. I had to crank on an 8 tonight in still, humid 82 degree weather at 158 yards...

What's going on? Is it the blades? I'm making center contact, I know my swing speed is there. I out drive my better player and college golfing buddies by 50 yards and hit the same irons on the next par 3. Im just trying to find some answers, this isn't a new problem but after the trackman session with these MBs I thought I'd see yardages come back and I absolutely haven't. Thank you!

Like NRJyzr said, first thing I'd is check the lofts. Then see if the shaft is really optimal for your swing.

I have probably the opposite problem from you. I can hit my irons relatively far for my SS (112mph with driver), but I'm not especially long with my driver. I also hit my irons high, but not my driver.
No idea why, but it is a bit of a puzzle.

Edited by No Catchy Nickname, 13 June 2018 - 07:07 AM.

Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
4w: TaylorMade V-steel, AD-GT 6X
7w  TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
Driving Iron: Honma TW-U Forged #3, Modus 120S
Irons (4i-PW): Mizuno MP18 PX6.0 @ + 1/2"   
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* S and 58* (U, S, or T-Grind depending on how I feel)                    
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9 or Wilson TPA XVIII

#16804 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Certified Blade Chump

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 5030

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 13 June 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

Alright, I went with bigger irons, I tried a number of different irons and ended back up in my 2011 taylormade tp MBs as they gave me better numbers run anything else without spending $1200 on a new set of irons. On trackman I was getting 195-200 yard 6 irons. My driver swingspeed is around 117-120 and those carry numbers show up to real life fairly easily and readily but the irons absolutely do not. I'm not trying to say this as "I want more distance" yadda yadda yadda what I am trying to say is the yardages don't add up to my driver or swing speed, I'm losing it somewhere. I can carry my driver 295 readily but struggle to hit a 6 iron 185 now, 7 maxes out at 175, 8 at 165, but usually shorter than that right now. I had to crank on an 8 tonight in still, humid 82 degree weather at 158 yards...

What's going on? Is it the blades? I'm making center contact, I know my swing speed is there. I out drive my better player and college golfing buddies by 50 yards and hit the same irons on the next par 3. Im just trying to find some answers, this isn't a new problem but after the trackman session with these MBs I thought I'd see yardages come back and I absolutely haven't. Thank you!

Like NRJyzr said, first thing I'd is check the lofts. Then see if the shaft is really optimal for your swing.

I have probably the opposite problem from you. I can hit my irons relatively far for my SS (112mph with driver), but I'm not especially long with my driver. I also hit my irons high, but not my driver.

There are so many variables in this arena.  :)

One aspect often forgotten, when one extrapolates iron distances from driver distance or swingspeed, is that there is no constant relationship between driver swingspeed and iron swingspeed, from one golfer to the next.  An example I've mentioned previously in this thread...  my driver swingspeed matched up exactly with that of another gent in the online golf nerd world, but our 5 iron swingspeeds were 10mph apart.  

This may not have anything to do with the issue posted by wdwfreak, but I'm mentioning it anyway.  ;)

Edited by NRJyzr, 13 June 2018 - 07:45 AM.

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  Ram persimmon, TW805, Precision 6.5, 43"  (TW801 & TW802 w/Dynamic S backups)
3w:  Golden Ram mid-80s persimmon, Precision 6.5, 42.25"
1 iron, Vibration Matched Golden Ram, DGS400
2-PW, 1980 Golden Ram Tour Grinds, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
             (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
   will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
Shoes by True Linkswear
Pure Pro grips, various colors (also trying Royal X-Treme V)

#16805 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostNRJyzr, on 13 June 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

One aspect often forgotten, when one extrapolates iron distances from driver distance or swingspeed, is that there is no constant relationship between driver swingspeed and iron swingspeed, from one golfer to the next.  An example I've mentioned previously in this thread...  my driver swingspeed matched up exactly with that of another gent in the online golf nerd world, but our 5 iron swingspeeds were 10mph apart.  

This may not have anything to do with the issue posted by wdwfreak, but I'm mentioning it anyway.  ;)

If you're suggesting that I go hell-for-leather with my irons.....

....you may be right :blush2:

#16806 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344303
  • Handicap:JDM
GolfWRX Likes : 5586

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

View Post1t2golf, on 12 June 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Reported off topic post removed.  

A reminder again: "no debating club heads"

Thanks!
Ryoma Maxima 9.5*/Quadra Fire Express
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Roddio 21* hybrid/Tour AD DI75
    Miura 1957 small blades/Nippon 1150 tours
            Wilson Staff V4 tour modus 130
            Mizuno MP-14/DG300-raw finish
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59
    Gold's Factory custom original flat-stick amongst a couple dozen others.

#16807 Wdwfreak

Wdwfreak

Golf Pro - Wisconsin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124448
  • Ebay ID:Wdwfreak67
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:21 AM

This is true! But I will when I have time get the lofts checked, maybe that's the issue? Maybe the kbs C-taper X's aren't as good as the project x 7.0s I was playing prior to that. Unfortunately for now I think I'm back to being away from blades (oh no!)

And as far as swing speed goes, I know I'm 116-120 with the driver and right at 100 with a six iron, which I believe is pretty fast, hence why I'm confused on the yardages...
Callaway Rogue Subzero Project x T1100 75x
Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 8x
Titleist 712u 2 iron KBS C-taper 130x
Taylormade 2011 TP MB 4-PW KBS C-taper 130x
51, 56 Titleist Vokey SM6 raw KBS 610 125, 60 Taylormade Hi-Toe 60 KBS 610 125
Scotty Cameron-Tom Slighter Futura x5 Flow Neck 35"

#16808 mahonie

mahonie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80712
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1746

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

View PostWdwfreak, on 13 June 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

This is true! But I will when I have time get the lofts checked, maybe that's the issue? Maybe the kbs C-taper X's aren't as good as the project x 7.0s I was playing prior to that. Unfortunately for now I think I'm back to being away from blades (oh no!)

And as far as swing speed goes, I know I'm 116-120 with the driver and right at 100 with a six iron, which I believe is pretty fast, hence why I'm confused on the yardages...

This swing speed v carry distance table is spot on for my Driver s/s of 100mph:

http://www.golfwrx.c...ng-speed-chart/

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
MD Golf Superstrong 3-wood UST Proforce 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Mizuno MP4 4-PW DG S300
Wilson Staff PMP wedges 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Radius Classic 8

#16809 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

The shaft is more suspect than the head, it's not matching the swing and speed should not be the only criteria. CB's are better in this regard. The window for miss match is bigger. Blades need a tighter dial in and often that means go where things work but also don't go too extreme. Don't go to"11",  go to "9".

#16810 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:47 AM

I, errr, may have something interesting on the way.... :pimp:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#16811 CasualWater

CasualWater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4307
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:25 AM

I have been playing the same TM 2011 MB irons for about 4 years.
This past winter I was fitted for shafts at Club Champion golf.
My goal was for a flatter ball flight, to get more control into the wind.
I went with Nippon Modus 3 120 S - which have turned out great. I can really hit some lasers now.

My experience is similar to Wdwfreak - shorter than expected. That is from Trackman data - 85 mph swing with 6i, and 160 yds.
Trackman sees that as low yardage for that swing speed.
Maybe I was catching them a little heavy during that fitting session, but I still am not hitting it as far as I expect when I do flush one.

#16812 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Certified Blade Chump

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostNard_S, on 14 June 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

The shaft is more suspect than the head, it's not matching the swing and speed should not be the only criteria. CB's are better in this regard. The window for miss match is bigger. Blades need a tighter dial in and often that means go where things work but also don't go too extreme. Don't go to"11",  go to "9".

Beautiful!!   "When I need that little bit extra, I turn it to 11.".  LOL

OK, now that I've had my fanboi moment, I'll be topical.  I've seen instances where the clubhead can make a difference.  I had a lot of problem playing in wind with my Mizuno MS-11, because I spun them quite a bit, far too much for my launch.  It's what had me switch to the Eye2+ for a full year.  I spun them less, and in spite of hitting them even higher than the Mizuno, my wind play improved by a couple magnitudes.  And I also saw a distance bump, due to this resume spin.

However, it didn't result in improved overall results, as the bump in distance was not across the board, scores were not lower, etc.  I found the PW was still "normal" distance, creating a gap between it and the 9i, which did get some bump (loft for loft compared to Mizunos).  I hit the Pings farther, but hit the Golden Rams or Muirfields better.  I just live with the slightly shorter distance and hit more club.

I even just bent my 80 Golden Rams to a 32* 5i and 52* PW.

Kind of a long winded version of " be careful what you wish for" I guess.   ;).
And perhaps a hint of "driver is where you chase distance, irons are for precision."

YMMV of course.  Golf is not "one size fits all".  :pimp:

Edited by NRJyzr, 14 June 2018 - 11:46 AM.

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  Ram persimmon, TW805, Precision 6.5, 43"  (TW801 & TW802 w/Dynamic S backups)
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
Shoes by True Linkswear

#16813 CasualWater

CasualWater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

When I found this thread, I couldn't stop reading - thanks for creating it and keeping it focused on the joy of blades.
For me, I love small iron heads. Their ability to cut through the rough and how they setup behind the ball.
My misses are generally thin or fat, not heel to toe.

One issue I have, is caused by my desire to assemble my clubs myself.
Part of the fun for me is to make them to my specs and know that they are done perfectly.
I would like to buy a set of baby blade heads but don't know how to do that.
    I am a Wishon club builder, so I could buy from them, now through Diamond golf.

Can anyone help me out with a path - through a club builder or some reseller or Miura directly.
It doesn't have to be simple - I can handle complexity. I am not going to resell them, so won't buy much.

#16814 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

View PostNRJyzr, on 14 June 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

OK, now that I've had my fanboi moment, I'll be topical.  I've seen instances where the clubhead can make a difference.  I had a lot of problem playing in wind with my Mizuno MS-11, because I spun them quite a bit, far too much for my launch.  It's what had me switch to the Eye2+ for a full year.  I spun them less, and in spite of hitting them even higher than the Mizuno, my wind play improved by a couple magnitudes.  And I also saw a distance bump, due to this resume spin.

However, it didn't result in improved overall results, as the bump in distance was not across the board, scores were not lower, etc.  I found the PW was still "normal" distance, creating a gap between it and the 9i, which did get some bump (loft for loft compared to Mizunos).  I hit the Pings farther, but hit the Golden Rams or Muirfields better.  I just live with the slightly shorter distance and hit more club.

And perhaps a hint of "driver is where you chase distance, irons are for precision."

Ha ha! 'Smell the glove'......'this black is sooo black........'.

One of my favorites, all time.

#16815 Cubsfan24

Cubsfan24

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498468
  • Handicap:7.5
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

Heading out of town tomorrow for a practice round and then I have a two day stroke play event on Saturday and Sunday. 690.MBs in the bag and ready to see if I can win back to back tournaments.

Btw, I always come read the last page and post my replies etc.,but I'm still on page 202 or something of this thread. I've been reading this thing every day for a month+. Tons of great info and stories. I've loved reading about everyone's journey. I just got past the part in 2016 where Bigmean fired his 71 with 5 birdies. Great stuff.

Edited by Cubsfan24, 14 June 2018 - 10:28 PM.

Current WITB:

TaylorMade 18* UDI 2 Iron - Project X 6.5 HZRDUS Black 105g
Adams Pro Mini 18* Hybrid - Aldila Tour Green
Titleist 690.MB 3-PW - DG S300 Sensicore
Titleist Vokey SM6 Black 52, 56, 60 - KBS 125g Hi Rev 2.0
Odyssey Protype #9 340g w/ SuperStroke 3.0

#16816 OrangeGravy

OrangeGravy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 322661
  • Handicap:$$
  • Ebay ID:OrangeGravy
GolfWRX Likes : 425

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:05 AM

View PostNard_S, on 14 June 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

View PostNRJyzr, on 14 June 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Ha ha! 'Smell the glove'......'this black is sooo black........'.

One of my favorites, all time.

"None, none more black"
Taylormade Burner Bubble/ S-90 Steel
Sonartec 3.5/YS-6+
Wishon 550 cm 4-p
Cleveland 588 DSG 56*
Cleveland 588 DSG/RTG+ 59*
Odyssey White Hot 6

#16817 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:47 AM

I had to look the 'none none more black' quote up... This Is Spinal Tap, it seems. Somehow I never saw this.  I know it must be funny ….

I had loaned my Macgregor 1025M 7 iron out to a pal who was thinking about blades. And forgot I did it.  A few weeks later, can't find the 7 iron. Looked high and low, had my wife help me. (It's hell getting old).  Anyway, luckily he returned it.  Doh...

I took it to the range today.  I forgot how much I really love these clubs.  They really are my all time favs.  I had taken the shafts out of the set and used them in the RomaRos.  Now I think I am going to really pay attention to the right shaft for the Macs and maybe make them my main set.  

PS: for anyone thinking about blades - this is a great set to start with. Inexpensive and easy to play....plus incredible style points, IMO.
Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Cameron Futura 5W

#16818 Oldplayer

Oldplayer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117831
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1344

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:46 AM

View PostCasualWater, on 14 June 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

When I found this thread, I couldn't stop reading - thanks for creating it and keeping it focused on the joy of blades.
For me, I love small iron heads. Their ability to cut through the rough and how they setup behind the ball.

Part of the fun for me is to make them to my specs and know that they are done perfectly.

Can anyone help me out with a path - through a club builder or some reseller or Miura directly.
It doesn't have to be simple - I can handle complexity. I am not going to resell them, so won't buy much.
Send Kaaayelll, a member here a pm. He may be able to help you out.

#16819 CasualWater

CasualWater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostOldplayer, on 15 June 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

View PostCasualWater, on 14 June 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Send Kaaayelll, a member here a pm. He may be able to help you out.

Will do - thanks!

#16820 Sir Slicealot

Sir Slicealot

Mr. MP-4

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433816
  • Handicap:Ha
GolfWRX Likes : 671

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

So would a heavier long iron be better? Seems like it would help with carry.

WITB:
MP-9 1 iron DG X100 15
RAM FX Tour Grind 1 iron Tempur Dynamic Tour Stiff 17
MP-4 3-PW DG S300
MD Forged 52
MD PM 56
MD PM 60
2014 8802
In rotation:
MP-29 1-2 DG S300
MD PM 64

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#16821 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:49 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 15 June 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

I had to look the 'none none more black' quote up... This Is Spinal Tap, it seems. Somehow I never saw this.  I know it must be funny ….

I had loaned my Macgregor 1025M 7 iron out to a pal who was thinking about blades. And forgot I did it.  A few weeks later, can't find the 7 iron. Looked high and low, had my wife help me. (It's hell getting old).  Anyway, luckily he returned it.  Doh...

I took it to the range today.  I forgot how much I really love these clubs.  They really are my all time favs.  I had taken the shafts out of the set and used them in the RomaRos.  Now I think I am going to really pay attention to the right shaft for the Macs and maybe make them my main set.  

PS: for anyone thinking about blades - this is a great set to start with. Inexpensive and easy to play....plus incredible style points, IMO.

It's even funnier if you ever played in or hung around a heavy metal band.

#16822 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Certified Blade Chump

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:34 AM

Was tapped to sub in golf league last night.  Felt it was finally time, I took my 1980 Tour Grinds.  For SW, I dug into the storage bags in the garage and pulled the 58* Troon Grind.  Above the irons, I chose to use the Stage 2 Tour 2 hybrid instead of one of the 1 irons I've got lying around.

And played kind of junky, +6 for the nine holes.  I flared an 8 iron into the water short right on a par 3, I hit a punch hybrid OB, and reexamined the difficulty of hitting a hook 2 iron out of the rough.  LOL

The irons were actually quite lovely.  I'm still adjusting to the weaker lofts, especially because I was playing the TP MCs; it's possibly as much as a club and a half adjustment down to my 32* 5i / 52* PW lofts.

It *is* kind of amusing hitting a 7i to a 134 yd par 3 (uphill).  :pimp:

Looking forward to using them again today.
The Ever Changing Bag!

Shoes by True Linkswear

#16823 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:15 AM

NRJyz
I was thinking about which sets I would keep and which I would get rid of in the case of an enforced Rackamageddon, and I decided pretty quickly that the Ram Tour Grinds would stay. Great irons, even if I haven't taken them to the course as much as I would have liked to.

As for Spinal Tap, I think it's funny even if you just listened to rock and read about the rock music scene in the Seventies/Eighties. If you've ever known a rock or heavy metal band, that just adds to the enjoyment, especially the divisive girlfriend stuff.

#16824 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:44 AM

Spinal Tap lampoons any and all things related to artistic pretensions and vanity which is pretty far reaching. The ones they did about the dog show circuit and the actors vying for an Oscar were hilarious too. Genius stuff, Mel Brooks would approve.

#16825 duffer987

duffer987

Wears trousers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 6139

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

^Best in Show is class :)
Although nowadays with people's behavior towards their pets, it could look like a straight up documentary and not a lampoon.

#16826 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

View PostNard_S, on 15 June 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Spinal Tap lampoons any and all things related to artistic pretensions and vanity which is pretty far reaching. The ones they did about the dog show circuit and the actors vying for an Oscar were hilarious too. Genius stuff, Mel Brooks would approve.

Very well put. I am sure that, given a large amount of time and an even larger amount of booze, I could write an essay on the symbolism between the mini Stonehenge and the artistic egos of the Spinal Tap members.
I won't, however, promise that it'll be a good essay.

It's a good thing Biggie just said "no debating club heads", which still leaves the thread open for shooting the crap over classic movies :taunt:

#16827 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 15 June 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

It's a good thing Biggie just said "no debating club heads", which still leaves the thread open for shooting the crap over classic movies :taunt:

There’s an obvious connection between blades and movies. It’s science. Physics, to be precise.
Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Cameron Futura 5W

#16828 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 15 June 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

There’s an obvious connection between blades and movies. It’s science. Physics, to be precise.

May be Physics, but Hollywood never lies:
Blade.jpg
Bladerunner.jpg
blade 3.jpg

#16829 duffer987

duffer987

Wears trousers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 6139

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

View PostNard_S, on 15 June 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Very well put. I am sure that, given a large amount of time and an even larger amount of booze, I could write an essay on the symbolism between the mini Stonehenge and the artistic egos of the Spinal Tap members.
I won't, however, promise that it'll be a good essay.

Hey the difference between feet and inches (why Stonehenge replica was the size it was for those unversed) is what having irons you like playing is all aboot ;)

#16830 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 15 June 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 15 June 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

May be Physics, but Hollywood never lies:
Blade.jpg
Bladerunner.jpg
blade 3.jpg

Nice. Well, there you have it.

Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Cameron Futura 5W

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors