Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 43 votes

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS!)

17256 replies to this topic

#15781 Bigmean

Bigmean

Everything is Relative

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344303
  • Handicap:JDM
GolfWRX Likes : 5576

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Those kenmochis tho.....they look damn clean.

NR, cmon to the dark side.  I know on the surface JDM seems pretentious and smoke and mirrors, but Jdm is truly
About a market where small companies and grinders CAN exist, and the cherry on top is, a larger enough number of them fancy solid forged steel over gimmicks.  

The single best thing golf related in my life behind playing again after I thought I wouldn't, is discovering jdm.  

*golf sim is on pace to actually become second best thing in golf for me.  But golf sim + JDM For the win!

Ryoma Maxima 9.5*/Quadra Fire Express
    913F 15*/Tour AD MT7
    Roddio 21* hybrid/Tour AD DI75
    Miura 1957 small blades/Nippon 1150 tours
            Wilson Staff V4 tour modus 130
            Mizuno MP-14/DG300-raw finish
    Buchi 50/56. RomaRo 59
    Gold's Factory custom original flat-stick amongst a couple dozen others.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#15782 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
GolfWRX Likes : 2730

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

View PostNRJyzr, on 11 January 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 11 January 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I thought I was a club nerd. Actually I am. But guys in this thread are super nerds talking about irons that are all-but-invisible to the world. Mixsong and Hayruids.

You're still a nerd, WB.  :)   You just haven't delved into the JDM sub-strate of golf nerddom.
(nor have I)

I don’t know where these guys come across these clubs! I tried to go to the mixsong website and it looked not yet up and running or something. I used to read every word on tourspec and still these were totally unknown to me
Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Titleist T-MB 4-W Modus 105 R
RomaRo Pro 3-W KBS Tour V 110 S
MacGregor 1025M Vfoil 4-W
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 52, 54,58
Cameron Futura 5W

#15783 NixLix26

NixLix26

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49634
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

View Postwmblake2000, on 11 January 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

I thought I was a club nerd. Actually I am. But guys in this thread are super nerds talking about irons that are all-but-invisible to the world. Mixsong and Hayruids.

You're still a nerd, WB.  :)   You just haven't delved into the JDM sub-strate of golf nerddom.
(nor have I)

I don’t know where these guys come across these clubs! I tried to go to the mixsong website and it looked not yet up and running or something. I used to read every word on tourspec and still these were totally unknown to me
your spelling it wrong.
https://www.mixsongolf.com
CURRENT BAG SETUP

GEORGE IZETT - MODEL 129, X100
SRIXON - H45 -16*
MIZUNO - MP32- 3,5,7,8,9 - S300
CLEVELAND - 588 GUNMETAL - 47*,51*,60*
SCOTTY - ORIGINAL NEWPORT
-------------------------------------------------------------

#15784 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207201
GolfWRX Likes : 360

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

View PostBigmean, on 11 January 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

My answer is get nothing.  Nothing there moves you enough, you getting something to get and I promise whatever you grab from that pile of options will be traded in by you in a year.

Don't buy something until you can't stop thinking about it and no others.  

Just my .02
This.

C has had his fair share of JDM, of this I know.  So much JDM - especially the small, obscure guys - is grind modifications to standard heads by Kyoei and a couple others.  There just aren't that many foundries or that many brands paying for their own forging dies.

The only thing I'm still tempted to add is a Boyd set, yet having completed a few more sessions matching up a bunch of clubs to the Baby Blades, I'm even more wary that I could possibly like anything as much.  I've now sold my Crazy MB (without ever hitting them - I know what Kyoei feels like) and may move my United SBB1T.  The Macgregor PMB didn't move me like I'd hoped (was a front-runner design for a Boyd set), so they'll go too.  Then I'll be down to Masda and Cobra King Ltd to keep the BB honest.  If the market wasn't so dismal, I might even move those.

What an incredible shame if indeed the BB exit the market forever.

#15785 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:01 AM

View PostNixLix26, on 11 January 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 11 January 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

(nor have I)

your spelling it wrong.
https://www.mixsongolf.com

Actually I had it spelled correctly, but some sites, like this one, for reasons that escape me and are beyond my pay grade, seem to require the entire url (https://www.mixsongolf.com) which didn't occur to me until your link... thx. But mixsongolf.com doesn't work.

Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Cameron Futura 5W

#15786 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

View Postkaaayelll, on 11 January 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

My answer is get nothing.  Nothing there moves you enough, you getting something to get and I promise whatever you grab from that pile of options will be traded in by you in a year.

Just my .02
This.

C has had his fair share of JDM, of this I know.  So much JDM - especially the small, obscure guys - is grind modifications to standard heads by Kyoei and a couple others.  There just aren't that many foundries or that many brands paying for their own forging dies.

The only thing I'm still tempted to add is a Boyd set, yet having completed a few more sessions matching up a bunch of clubs to the Baby Blades, I'm even more wary that I could possibly like anything as much.  I've now sold my Crazy MB (without ever hitting them - I know what Kyoei feels like) and may move my United SBB1T.  The Macgregor PMB didn't move me like I'd hoped (was a front-runner design for a Boyd set), so they'll go too.  Then I'll be down to Masda and Cobra King Ltd to keep the BB honest.  If the market wasn't so dismal, I might even move those.

What an incredible shame if indeed the BB exit the market forever.

I have sort of reached a phase where my passionate lust for irons has dulled.  Maybe because I'm not playing well enough to enjoy their benefit, and maybe because as K suggested, I have had my share of JDM irons/quality blades... I started to recount them all but my inner accountant shouted 'don't pull the curtain back!' so I stopped in the nick of time.  But I say 'phase' because I have always had a lust for beautiful iron, and I am betting this phase will pass. I can already hear that little whimper, see that sideways glance at all the eye candy that pops up.  But for now, I am content with my setup as it is, which is nice.  

I keep thinking my game is about to bust loose.  I had a period like this about 18 months ago... I stayed on the edge, on the edge, on the edge, then finally the dam burst (to mix a bunch of metaphors because I am lazy) and the index plummeted.  I think I am about to do the same.  My swing feels so close to being solid.  Back in gym, getting better range of motion, etc.  But then again, this is golf.  I've spent decades thinking I was on the edge of a breakthrough.  

Playing tomorrow with a wrx'er (shutsteepstuck who's a good player and a good guy) and another good stick/good guy (I am introducing them -- can't believe he's not a wrx guy but he's not - but he's the type. If he discovered the site, he'd end up for sure with a LM in his garage.) up at rustic canyon north of LA. Supposed to be in the mid 70's after a good rain earlier this week - pristine golf conditions. (Sorry, you guys in the midst of winter...)   These guys are both better than me, and great to spend a day on the links with.  I get excited for special golf days.  Wash my clubs, clean my shoes... Gonna take some tylenol for when the back gets tight - we all walk  and this is not a real hilly course, but it's long with a few holes with distance between green and next tee.  Gil Hanse design, out past to the point it doesn't feel so urban.  It's not a real 'manicured' course, and feels like the land around it...scrub, cactus, sand.  Greens are big but have false fronts and tiers.  Fun fun course.

That's the thing. Get on a fun course, with guys you enjoy, and there's just that same eagerness and optimism I've had since I was a kid.  That's amazing to me... after 50+ yrs of playing golf, I still feel 'it' to play like I always did.  I really hope we all play well.  It feels like such a celebration afterwards when everyone plays well.  The three of us are all reasonably self-absorbed (as golfers tend to be!) so it'd be 3 monologues at the 19th hole.  And I am just as guilty as the others.  Which is hilarious.
Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Cameron Futura 5W

#15787 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383010
  • Handicap:me
GolfWRX Likes : 4670

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

Option 6.). Sell bigmean the Sakura irons for $250 plus shipping because he is such a nice guy $50 is all I could have the heart to mark up on him for The effort.

Obviously the Kenmochi are flyers of group.

Just my .02

My other problem is that I'm not good at trading stuff in...I tend to hang on to it.
I think the Kenmochi are the most tempting, but I'm holding off for now. I really need to just get out and play. Take my mind off equipment and get it back on actually playing the game.

Do you want me to look at the Sakura? I need to check the price and shafts again, because I haven't looked at them in over a month.

Edit: to the extent that I can't even remember if they are Sakura irons or something else!

Edited by No Catchy Nickname, 12 January 2018 - 03:10 AM.

Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
4w: TaylorMade V-steel, AD-GT 6X
7w  TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
Driving Iron: Honma TW-U Forged #3, Modus 120S
Irons (4i-PW): Mizuno MP18 PX6.0 @ + 1/2"   
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* S and 58* (U, S, or T-Grind depending on how I feel)                    
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9 or Wilson TPA XVIII

#15788 SilentBob37

SilentBob37

Lunchbox

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 429386
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:28 AM

View Postjuststeve, on 09 January 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

I'm now 66 years old, a plus handicap and played blades me entire life until I went to AP2s  spring 2014.  Just couldn't get the long irons up any more.  AP2s are a bit like the blue pill.

Steve

Hands down the best post on WRX. Hope you’re hitting them well, Steve.
Titleist 905t 9.5*
Titleist 906F4 15.5*
Titleist 906F4 18.5*
Titleist DCI Black 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Raw 54*
Titleist Vokey Raw 58*
Nike Method Core (Scotty to come)

#15789 Jonesy

Jonesy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90848
GolfWRX Likes : 876

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 11 January 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

Got a bit of an iron dilemma. Wondering about buying one of the following sets of irons:

1) Nike OG blades (about $135)
Pros: Love the look of these, and they feel great. Weak lofts is a real plus, IMHO. 3-PW
Cons: Shafts are a club shorter than standard (i.e. 3i is standard 4i length) and some are very rusted. Really would have to reshaft. When I consider that, the price is less tempting.

2) TM 2011 MB  (about $190, IIRC)
Pros: Feel surprisingly good. Condition is good
Cons: No 4i (though I could probably pick one up eventually).

3) Halyruid Blades by Kenmochi (about $500)
Pros: these are simply gorgeous to look at and gorgeous to hit. Also rare. Nice grips, and great condition
Cons: No 4i, and I doubt I'll ever find one. Will have to use my 9w instead. Price is more than I would like to pay for a extra set of irons (got lots already)
   Pictures of said irons: http://jonetsugolfja...&product_id=145

4) George Spirits Sakura
   Pros: Feel pretty good, look pretty cool. Good condition. 3-PW, price is not bad (about $200, IIRC)
   Cons: Shafts way too soft for me (NSPRO 950S). Lots of weight on bottom of muscle also means I might be hitting moon balls.

5) Srixon 925
Pros: 3-PW. Good condition, feel good. Price OK ($200, IIRC)
Cons: none really, but I haven't really hit these much yet.

I reckon I could get the shop to knock a bit off the Halyruid, but I'll still be paying over $400 for them.
I could just not bother with any of them and get a nice persimmon driver I've been stalking on the Net for a while. But the temptation is great....

Nikes all day, they are just so clean and set up perfectly... it might be an additional cost with the re shaft but man OG Nikes!!

I didn't even read the rest of the options, that's how much I think you should get the Nikes... and then post pictures so I can drool...
Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
Scotty Cameron Newport

#15790 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:20 AM

View PostJonesy, on 12 January 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

Got a bit of an iron dilemma. Wondering about buying one of the following sets of irons:

Pros: Love the look of these, and they feel great. Weak lofts is a real plus, IMHO. 3-PW
Cons: Shafts are a club shorter than standard (i.e. 3i is standard 4i length) and some are very rusted. Really would have to reshaft. When I consider that, the price is less tempting.

Pros: these are simply gorgeous to look at and gorgeous to hit. Also rare. Nice grips, and great condition
Cons: No 4i, and I doubt I'll ever find one. Will have to use my 9w instead. Price is more than I would like to pay for a extra set of irons (got lots already)

4) George Spirits Sakura
   Pros: Feel pretty good, look pretty cool. Good condition. 3-PW, price is not bad (about $200, IIRC)
   Cons: Shafts way too soft for me (NSPRO 950S). Lots of weight on bottom of muscle also means I might be hitting moon balls.

5) Srixon 925

I reckon I could get the shop to knock a bit off the Halyruid, but I'll still be paying over $400 for them.
I could just not bother with any of them and get a nice persimmon driver I've been stalking on the Net for a while. But the temptation is great....

Nikes all day, they are just so clean and set up perfectly... it might be an additional cost with the re shaft but man OG Nikes!!

I didn't even read the rest of the options, that's how much I think you should get the Nikes... and then post pictures so I can drool...

Now that's sort of "blade-ho'ing enabling" post I like.
None of this trying to talk me out of a purchase nonsense!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#15791 Jonesy

Jonesy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90848
GolfWRX Likes : 876

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 12 January 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Anytime NCN, anytime... :pimp:

They've seriously been a set I'd love to have so whenever I see someone with an opportunity to get them I always push them :D  Such a classy set of irons...
Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
Scotty Cameron Newport

#15792 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:32 AM

View PostJonesy, on 12 January 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 12 January 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Anytime NCN, anytime... :pimp:

They've seriously been a set I'd love to have so whenever I see someone with an opportunity to get them I always push them :D  Such a classy set of irons...

I agree. I've been itching for a set for a while now. Quite happy to buy them, pull the shafts, and keep the heads around for the X100 shafts once I've finished with the beaten up Mac MT Tour Forged.

#15793 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207201
GolfWRX Likes : 360

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:03 AM

Everything about that course and day sounds great, C!  Enjoy and play well.

#15794 bodhi555

bodhi555

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442408
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 373

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

4) George Spirits Sakura

5) Srixon 925

Does this picture of my 1 iron help? :)

DSC_0351.JPG
The Blue Thunder: Nike Vapor Fly - 9.5 degree - Speeder Evolution 757X
The Stenson: Nike Vapor Fly 3W - Diamana Blueboard 70S+
The Butter Knife: Nike Blade 1 Iron - DG S400 Shaft
The Blades: Nike VR Pro 4i - PW - DG S400 TI Shaft
The Rusties: Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Toe Sweep
The Putter: Scotty Cameron California Del Mar - 34"
Balls: Nike RZN Tour Black/Platinum
Bag: Sun Mountain Four Five

Also in Rotation:

Spare Driver: Nike Covert Tour - Kuro Kage 60X
Fairway Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 5W - Diamana Blueboard 70S+
Putters: Yonex Super A.D.X Tour Forged / Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can / Hogan Radial P51

#15795 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

View Postbodhi555, on 12 January 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

4) George Spirits Sakura

5) Srixon 925

Does this picture of my 1 iron help? :)

With the neon yellow reflection it looks like it could be a Vapor 1 iron. Now that would be a unicorn.

As a followup to the iron conundrum, so far I have decided to buy some persimmon instead. I've got 5 Mizuno woods coming my way soon.

That said, I haven't completely written off the irons. I might wait until the end of March when I am due a nice chunk of change for some work I have be doing.

#15796 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

I only answer to "Ace" now

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45414
GolfWRX Likes : 1637

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 January 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

Playing tomorrow with a wrx'er (shutsteepstuck who's a good player and a good guy) and another good stick/good guy (I am introducing them -- can't believe he's not a wrx guy but he's not - but he's the type. If he discovered the site, he'd end up for sure with a LM in his garage.) up at rustic canyon north of LA. Supposed to be in the mid 70's after a good rain earlier this week - pristine golf conditions. (Sorry, you guys in the midst of winter...)   These guys are both better than me, and great to spend a day on the links with.  I get excited for special golf days.  Wash my clubs, clean my shoes... Gonna take some tylenol for when the back gets tight - we all walk  and this is not a real hilly course, but it's long with a few holes with distance between green and next tee.  Gil Hanse design, out past to the point it doesn't feel so urban.  It's not a real 'manicured' course, and feels like the land around it...scrub, cactus, sand.  Greens are big but have false fronts and tiers.  Fun fun course.
Say hi to J for me!  I spent 6 months living in L.A. back in 2014 (skipping one of the worst Michigan winters on record - it was glorious), and got to know him after we met up to play at Simi Hills (I think I'd started a thread about good places to play while I was out there, and he responded, and did one of those awkward meet-ups where you're meeting someone you met on the internet, but he's a super nice guy and easy to talk to, and like you said, he can golf his ball.
In the short time that I lived out there, Rustic Canyon was my favorite place to play.  It's a great design, and they are great about letting it play firm and fast.  I actually joined the men's club out there for the stretch that I lived there, and played in some of their monthly tournaments. The course is in a Canyon (duh), and it's one of those places where you don't even really need to bother really looking at the green to read putts.  Everything breaks toward the entrance gate to the property, except on #17 -- they built that green up so it basically goes the opposite direction of every other one. You really need to keep in mind where you are in relationship to the prevailing slope, because if you don't pay attention and you're putting downhill, it's easy to run it way by (and off the green in some cases).

I'm going to be out there a couple of times in February and March, and I'm hoping to bring my clubs with me.  We should all get out for a round.

Edited by 3 Jack Par, 12 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Callaway BB Epic SubZero 8*, Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
Tour issue TaylorMade M2 Tour, 14.9*, Aldila Rogue 125 80TX
Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x
Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
Scratch FIT 53*/58*, DS grind, DG S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #1 38" or Byron Morgan DH89, 38", Carbon Black Ox, black shaft, Winn counterbalance grip

WITB Link

#15797 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

View Post3 Jack Par, on 12 January 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

I'm going to be out there a couple of times in February and March, and I'm hoping to bring my clubs with me.  We should all get out for a round.

Reach out when you’re here! Let’s all play.
Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Cameron Futura 5W

#15798 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

• 5,442 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 January 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

For sure -- I'll be there 2/9-2/20. Still working out what my schedule will be, but I'll get in touch when I get that figured out.
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #1 38" or Byron Morgan DH89, 38", Carbon Black Ox, black shaft, Winn counterbalance grip

WITB Link

#15799 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Sťamus is 1 yr old now!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 4873

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 12 January 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

As a followup to the iron conundrum, so far I have decided to buy some persimmon instead. I've got 5 Mizuno woods coming my way soon

Persimmons can be at least as large as black hole as blades.  I bought a Golden Ram TW802 driver, got here in early December.  I keep hearing the siren's call to dump the metal and go old school, single SW/LW, 1-PW, and persimmons.

Plenty of room for messing with different clubs that way, too, with various model persimmons.

Tempting...
The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  R9 SuperDeep, NV ProtoPype 80 X at 43½" --or-- SLDR White, RIP Alpha 80 X at 43.5" --or-- TEE XCG7 Beta, Motore F3 80 X, 43.5" --or-- King LTD, NV ProtoPype 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Stage 2 Tour 3w, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
2h Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400
3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S --or-- 1-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, DGS400 (toggle 1i and 2h above)
Occasionally: 1 iron Maxfli Revolution, DGS400

SW:  Ram Tom Watson 55°, DGX ss2x
LW:  Maltby Design 60°, DGS300 tipped 1"
SW:  Ram Troon Grind 58°, Dynamic S (with 1-PW set, replacing SW/LW above)
Putter:  Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
Shoes by True Linkswear
Pure Pro grips, various colors (also trying Royal X-Treme V)

#15800 NixLix26

NixLix26

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49634
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:54 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Butter knife

CURRENT BAG SETUP

GEORGE IZETT - MODEL 129, X100
SRIXON - H45 -16*
MIZUNO - MP32- 3,5,7,8,9 - S300
CLEVELAND - 588 GUNMETAL - 47*,51*,60*
SCOTTY - ORIGINAL NEWPORT
-------------------------------------------------------------

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#15801 PlayfromtheBrain

PlayfromtheBrain

Rookie

• 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484606
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

I have to post this eBay ad on here because this is a special one and I think everyone that comes to GolfWRX knows how revered the Mizuno MP-33s are. These look like they have never been hit. I am not affiliated with this ad but the guy is incredibly nice, ships fast, and I purchased a set of heads in similar condition from him over Christmas and am very happy with them. I think someone from here deserves a shot at them.

https://www.ebay.com...119.m1438.l2649

Posted Image

Edited by PlayfromtheBrain, 12 January 2018 - 02:52 PM.

#15802 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:39 PM

View Post3 Jack Par, on 12 January 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

For sure -- I'll be there 2/9-2/20. Still working out what my schedule will be, but I'll get in touch when I get that figured out.

Wow, I just totally fell in love with Rustic today. Told Stuck about this and he also was enthused so reach out when it’s time.

Callaway Epic 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Callway xhot 3 h
Cameron Futura 5W

#15803 3 Jack Par

3 Jack Par

• 5,442 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 January 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

View Post3 Jack Par, on 12 January 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

Reach out when youíre here! Letís all play.

Wow, I just totally fell in love with Rustic today. Told Stuck about this and he also was enthused so reach out when itís time.
Itís a special place, and seriously a bargain for out there. Iíll shoot both of you a PM probably sometime next week, and hopefully we can set something up. Looking forward to it!

WITB Link

#15804 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:41 AM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 12 January 2018 - 03:10 AM, said:

Option 6.). Sell bigmean the Sakura irons for $250 plus shipping because he is such a nice guy $50 is all I could have the heart to mark up on him for The effort.

Obviously the Kenmochi are flyers of group.

Just my .02

My other problem is that I'm not good at trading stuff in...I tend to hang on to it.
I think the Kenmochi are the most tempting, but I'm holding off for now. I really need to just get out and play. Take my mind off equipment and get it back on actually playing the game.

Do you want me to look at the Sakura? I need to check the price and shafts again, because I haven't looked at them in over a month.

Edit: to the extent that I can't even remember if they are Sakura irons or something else!

Just went back and looked: I was right on the price (just under $200), right on the shafts (NSPRO 950S), but wrong on the model. They're not Sakura, but a much earlier model called "Studio". Nice to hit, but not as pretty as the Sakuras.
The shop also has a 3-PW set of this https://page.auction...tion/w210587647. I've hit them a few times (shafts are DG S200), and while they feel great, the heads are a bit large for my liking.
I also hit the Docus blades today (http://www.docus-gol...ct/iron/dci702/). Not a fan of the back design, although you can't see it at address, and the PW is a bit large, but otherwise these are really nice feeling irons. The shafts were DG S200 Tour Issue "Fine Tuning". Now I don't know if they're anything different from normal S200s, but they really seemed to provide a nice thump.

#15805 duffer987

duffer987

Wears trousers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 5698

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Stupid question: Do wedges count as blades/MBs? Or are they just wedges. :taunt:

Now that I've purged a lot of my extra gear, I've realised the only blade/MB I could put in play right now (ie. it's got a shaft in it and not just some loose heads) is my TZoid II 2 iron! Unless Mizzy's T line of wedges count.

Edited by duffer987, 13 January 2018 - 12:29 PM.

#15806 mahonie

mahonie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80712
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1663

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

View Postduffer987, on 13 January 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

Stupid question: Do wedges count as blades/MBs? Or are they just wedges. :taunt:

Now that I've purged a lot of my extra gear, I've realised the only blade/MB I could put in play right now (ie. it's got a shaft in it and not just some loose heads) is my TZoid II 2 iron! Unless Mizzy's T line of wedges count.

As you can get CB wedges (courtesy of Cleveland), I would class Mizzys T Line as MBs 👍
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
MD Golf Superstrong 3-wood UST Proforce 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Mizuno MP4 4-PW DG S300
Wilson Staff PMP wedges 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Radius Classic 8

#15807 duffer987

duffer987

Wears trousers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

View Postmahonie, on 13 January 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

As you can get CB wedges (courtesy of Cleveland), I would class Mizzys T Line as MBs ��

Good good. You know I don't want to have to start paying a membership, if I don't meet the entrance criteria ;)
I've promised myself to get through 2018 with what I currently have, so unless I shaft up some 2011 TP MBs I might not have anything to put in play.

#15808 mahonie

mahonie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80712
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 1663

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

View Postduffer987, on 13 January 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

View Postmahonie, on 13 January 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

As you can get CB wedges (courtesy of Cleveland), I would class Mizzys T Line as MBs ��

Good good. You know I don't want to have to start paying a membership, if I don't meet the entrance criteria ;)
I've promised myself to get through 2018 with what I currently have, so unless I shaft up some 2011 TP MBs I might not have anything to put in play.

Iím not a great fan of TM but those 2011 MBs piqued my interest when they came out. Iirc, Sir Nick himself had some input into the shape (from the top line, not the back!). I would struggle to leave them unshafted and not part of the 2018 rotation.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
MD Golf Superstrong 3-wood UST Proforce 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Mizuno MP4 4-PW DG S300
Wilson Staff PMP wedges 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Radius Classic 8

#15809 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Sťamus is 1 yr old now!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 4873

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

I'm going to be the contrarian to mahonie's position, wedges are just wedges.

That said, I'm an inclusive sort; I don't think you need to be using blades currently, or even possess a set, in order to partake in the thread.  It's the "Blade users thread," but I don't see a tense there.  You're possibly not using them now but you *were*, and you could be again in the future; that's good as far as I'm concerned.

Posted with the full realization I'm adding a serious tone to something that isn't.  :pimp:
The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  R9 SuperDeep, NV ProtoPype 80 X at 43½" --or-- SLDR White, RIP Alpha 80 X at 43.5" --or-- TEE XCG7 Beta, Motore F3 80 X, 43.5" --or-- King LTD, NV ProtoPype 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Stage 2 Tour 3w, SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X, 42.5"
2h Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S or DGS400
3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S --or-- 1-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, DGS400 (toggle 1i and 2h above)
Occasionally: 1 iron Maxfli Revolution, DGS400

SW:  Ram Tom Watson 55°, DGX ss2x
LW:  Maltby Design 60°, DGS300 tipped 1"
SW:  Ram Troon Grind 58°, Dynamic S (with 1-PW set, replacing SW/LW above)
Putter:  Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
Shoes by True Linkswear
Pure Pro grips, various colors (also trying Royal X-Treme V)

#15810 duffer987

duffer987

Wears trousers.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostNRJyzr, on 13 January 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I'm going to be the contrarian to mahonie's position, wedges are just wedges.

That said, I'm an inclusive sort; I don't think you need to be using blades currently, or even possess a set, in order to partake in the thread.  It's the "Blade users thread," but I don't see a tense there.  You're possibly not using them now but you *were*, and you could be again in the future; that's good as far as I'm concerned.

Posted with the full realization I'm adding a serious tone to something that isn't.  :pimp:

Indeed - I coulda just said can wedges be considered blades/MBs. So I'm just messing with the other stuff.
I guess the assumption is a wedge is going to be bladey - as there are only a couple OEMs that make a big wedge.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors