Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Junior Tours or Tournaments

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sync71

sync71

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7769
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

I have been lookingn around the net and can't really find anything. I was wondering what there is for junior tours or junior tournaments in New State, Ontario(canada),Vermont, or Pennlslyvannia.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Gallery_allen17_*

Gallery_allen17_*
  • Guests
  •  
  • Member #: 0
GolfWRX Likes :

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

Well I'm a junior from Michigan and I've played on a state tour for the last 3 years.  I don't like it because it seemed like id play well and have a top 10, but I would never win.  So I never felt a sense of accomplishment.  For next summer I have decided to quit the tour and do individual tournaments.  I figure that I can play in enough to fill in my summer, and if I qualify for one then it makes it all worth it.  Heres what I'm going to try to qualify for next year-
Southern Jr. Am.
Michigan Jr. Am.
Michigan Am.
US Jr. Am.
Michigan Open
Western Jr. Am.
Northern Jr. Am.
Westfield PGA Championship

Being a 5 handicap its unlikely that I'll qualify for any of these, but they are much cheeper than a tour would be, if its a state tour or a nationwide tour.  I thought about playing AJGA or maybe FCWT considering the possibility that I might get really good.  But, if I get really good and qualify for one of these its almost as good as a big tour event, just without the price tag.  You being from New York, you could probably find a local qualifier for the Western Jr. Am. and the Westfield.  I'd also check out the NYSGA website, because I'm sure that they have a state jr. am.  I hope this helps a little.

#3 BridgestoneKevin

BridgestoneKevin

Take what you want, not whats givin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6271
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

plantation tour, is good to get started...already posted on this one

Ijgt is another good one.  i am going to be playing on here later on this year.  

PS: i play in PA so that should help, but canada is a long way eh.

#4 SCameron009

SCameron009

~WRX~!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6118
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:15 PM

It really depends on how competitve you want to be. I am sure the New York Golf Association has a junior tour, I know they have a State Junior Am, because I was just looking at it on their website. I know you are 13 years old due to reading some previous posts, but if you could give us some info on what you are shooting and whatnot, I could give you some recomendations on what tours you could look at. Right now I could suggest anything from the NEPGA (New England PGA) Tour, the FC/WT, the IJGT, or even the Junior PGA Series. All are good tours, but the NEPGA would be a good one to start out on if you want to get acclimated to the tournament atmosphere, also if you can shoot a score in the low-mid 70's at your age, you will be coming in contention!

- Bryan

#5 Nelson A

Nelson A

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123446
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

MAple leaf junior tour!,!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic