Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Jack Nicklaus with Miura irons at the 2014 PNC Father/Son Challenge

miura 1957cb 1957cb miura 1957

104 replies to this topic

#31 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,950 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 8952

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:02 AM

Nicklaus golf clubs are done, eh? Some part of me is secretly happy about this, because I always wanted to see JN with something a little more...uber. Like those Miura's.

Titleist 915D3 9.5/Diamana Whiteboard 63s
Titleist 915F 16.5, 21/Diamana Whiteboard 83s
Titleist 716 T-Mb 23, 26/Dynamic Gold AMT s300
Mizuno Mp-54 6-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Vokey SM6 50, 54(S), 58 (M)/Dynamic Gold s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Titleist ProV1

WITB

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 5185

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

At one point in time Nicklaus Golf made some quality golf clubs, they just never really gained the market share needed to sustain themselves.  I played the Airmax driver for awhile, it was a quality stick.  The blades were very similar to the old Mac's Jack played in his hay day, at at least at address, and the wedges were very playable.

This seems like a good partnership, I am sure Miura will design a set of clubs in tribute to Jack that will be of very high quality.
Callaway GBB
Callaway V Series 3w, HW
Ping G 4-S
Vokey 58 M grind
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Ping Hoofer
ECCO

2

#33 neild76

neild76

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63267
  • Joined: 08/14/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Who had the bag full of Nicklaus clubs?  His kid?

3

#34 easylittle5wood

easylittle5wood

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63149
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

Earlier this year I read Nicklaus golf became strictly a company that just licenses. Clay Long was their designer (even though he has/had his own site for putters and wedges) but has most recently designed the new TMaG tour preferred wedge lines.


4

#35 mr_duffer

mr_duffer

    Brimmer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1889
  • Joined: 06/25/2005
  • Location:Murfreesboro, Tenn.
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

Nicklaus and Miura...All the planets have finally lined up!

R15 430 10.5, Fujikura Pro 60R
R15 3 HL, Speeder 757R
Adams Idea Pro 2 18* Aldila "By You" 80gr S
TM 22* Rescue Mid "Tour Issue", 904HB S
Mizuno JPX 900 "Forged", 5-PW, C-Taper Lite R
Vokey SM6 54/08M, 58/08M, Dynamic Gold 105R
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1
Hdcp 2.5

5

#36 Professor

Professor

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36620
  • Joined: 08/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

As an owner/lover of a set of JNPs, if they put Jacks preferred grind on anything Miura, I would sell my kids if I had to in order to buy them!

6

#37 mx-20

mx-20

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7151
  • Joined: 10/27/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

Was he using the Nicklaus golf ball that he sells on his website?  I have been curious about these....
Taylormade 2016 M2 9.5
Ping Tisi Tec 14
Titleist 818 H1 19 & 23
Srixon Z 565 5-P
Cleveland CBX 50 54 58
Ping Nome TR 34"
Srixon Q Star Tour

7

#38 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1647

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

View Postmx-20, on 15 December 2014 - 06:23 PM, said:

Was he using the Nicklaus golf ball that he sells on his website?  I have been curious about these....
Yea, the Nicklaus black. Ordered a dozen to test for myself.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
19%7
@thereal#7

8

#39 Farst

Farst

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240669
  • Joined: 03/24/2013
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 14 December 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Jack doesn't f*** around, don't ever forget that.

haha oh yeah totally totally...wait,what?
915 D2 Rogue Blk 70s
910f PX -8C4
Super 9031 Fuel 85hb
X Forged '13 PX 6.0
SM6 S400
Select Newport
Chrome Soft

9

#40 Ping fan nc

Ping fan nc

    Miurathon man

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174896
  • Joined: 04/13/2012
  • Location:Nc
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostNicklaus86, on 14 December 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Could you see what shafts?  Maltbie mentioned on the broadcast they were new shafts and he looked at them on the range and they said R, but Jack quickly mentioned they weren't really regulars :taunt:

And the jeans I am wearing Have 42 on the waist but they're really not 42.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 ws6

ws6

    Pacific Dunes

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15560
  • Joined: 06/18/2006
  • Location:Seattle and Oregon
GolfWRX Likes : 499

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:16 AM

I always like the way the N1 Forged looked (Janzen won The Players' with those).  One day I'll probably own a set.

Edited by ws6, 16 December 2014 - 01:16 AM.


11

#42 chipaputt

chipaputt

    Member

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24966
  • Joined: 02/03/2007
  • Ebay ID:chipaputt
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:59 AM

Japanese to English translation of the Nicklaus/Miura visit:

◆ Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us ◆

The other day, our both "best ever golfer" Mr. referred Jack Nicklaus has been visit us!

Speaking of Mr. Jack Nicklaus, is subjected to active in the 1990s from the 1960s by fluttering blonde trade mark, for example, achieve major total 18 wins (the former first place) in overwhelming strength, it was met with a number of brilliant achievements Needless to say it is a golf community of emperor.

Why ... Mr. its Jack Nicklaus is to Miura Giken?
The visit reason ...?

Over Unfortunately, now I'm not able to still tell the detail,
Also, I think if you can tell at a later date.

Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us with the number people who with you.
Including our chairman, Greetings shakes hands with President and Executive Director.
Again aura of Emperor even superimposed age was alive and well.

Chat and of then, over lunch at the second floor our company.
I bloom in club stories discussions around a Jack Nicklaus's caddy bag.

Then, the tour along the production process in the our factory in order to get the touch to Japan's manufacturing.

So, a very rare event is ...

In the description the polishing process, Jack Nicklaus Mr. person who had seen the polishing work of our president, offered a "I also want to polish" in the manner of curious, and polishing the sole portion.

Last to baton to chairman, word while watching the head the finished carefully.

"Perfect!"

Everyone who was in situ such two people exchange, was I have Mii~tsu shining eyes.

Then, around on until the color putting the final step, the I was to tell as much as possible pride and commitment of technology and our craftsmen Manufacturing of Japan.

From the last Mr. Jack Nicklaus

"The splendor of Japanese technology and was able to feel all in the tour of today"

"Worry for the Manufacturing of MIURA is no longer any"

Also received impressions that,
MADE IN JAPAN it was possible to re-confirm the advantage of being, and now it is more valuable day of things to get even for us.

Jack Nicklaus said, Thank you for your visit! !

12

#43 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Viva Belen!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5475

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 15 December 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

Nicklaus golf clubs are done, eh? Some part of me is secretly happy about this, because I always wanted to see JN with something a little more...uber. Like those Miura's.
I don't think they're totally done, but they're probably still in the entry level part of golf.  That being said, I only saw it as him wanting a cavity to make his game, just a bit easier.  Maybe that's too simplistic, but that's how I see it.
PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Sigma G Piper 3
Ball: Titelist DT Trusoft

13

#44 Night train

Night train

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7139
  • Joined: 10/26/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1331

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

The irons are elegant............I'm scared to even ask what a set of those cost

14

#45 DRRicks

DRRicks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Joined: 12/11/2007
  • Location:Baltimore, MD
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

View Posttbowles411, on 16 December 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostMadGolfer76, on 15 December 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

Nicklaus golf clubs are done, eh? Some part of me is secretly happy about this, because I always wanted to see JN with something a little more...uber. Like those Miura's.
I don't think they're totally done, but they're probably still in the entry level part of golf.  That being said, I only saw it as him wanting a cavity to make his game, just a bit easier.  Maybe that's too simplistic, but that's how I see it.

They are only available in the Japanese market and very limited. Any "beginner" type merchandise is old stock.

Driver: Titleist 917 D2, 10.5*. Aldila 2KXV Blue
3Wood: Titleist 917F, 15*. Diamana Blueboard Ltd. 70
3 Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 21* loft. Fujikura Atmos
3 Iron: Titleist 718 TMB, Graphite Design AD-DI 95 Driving Iron Shaft
4 Iron: Titleist 718 TMB, Nippon Modus Tour 120
5-PW: Titleist 718 AP2, Nippon Modus Tour 120
GW: Titleist Vokey SM7, 50.08, Nippon Modus Tour 120
SW: Titleist Vokey SM7, 54.10, Nippon Modus Tour 120
LW: Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw, 60.04, Modus Tour 120 or Titleist Vokey SM7, 60.08, Nippon Modus Tour 120
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
Ball: Titleist Pro V1

15

#46 mudballz

mudballz

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 329789
  • Joined: 07/27/2014
  • Location:canada
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:54 AM

Best looking irons this year

16

#47 mudballz

mudballz

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 329789
  • Joined: 07/27/2014
  • Location:canada
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

View Postchipaputt, on 16 December 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

Japanese to English translation of the Nicklaus/Miura visit:

◆ Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us ◆

The other day, our both "best ever golfer" Mr. referred Jack Nicklaus has been visit us!

Speaking of Mr. Jack Nicklaus, is subjected to active in the 1990s from the 1960s by fluttering blonde trade mark, for example, achieve major total 18 wins (the former first place) in overwhelming strength, it was met with a number of brilliant achievements Needless to say it is a golf community of emperor.

Why ... Mr. its Jack Nicklaus is to Miura Giken?
The visit reason ...?

Over Unfortunately, now I'm not able to still tell the detail,
Also, I think if you can tell at a later date.

Jack Nicklaus Mr. visit us with the number people who with you.
Including our chairman, Greetings shakes hands with President and Executive Director.
Again aura of Emperor even superimposed age was alive and well.

Chat and of then, over lunch at the second floor our company.
I bloom in club stories discussions around a Jack Nicklaus's caddy bag.

Then, the tour along the production process in the our factory in order to get the touch to Japan's manufacturing.

So, a very rare event is ...

In the description the polishing process, Jack Nicklaus Mr. person who had seen the polishing work of our president, offered a "I also want to polish" in the manner of curious, and polishing the sole portion.

Last to baton to chairman, word while watching the head the finished carefully.

"Perfect!"

Everyone who was in situ such two people exchange, was I have Mii~tsu shining eyes.

Then, around on until the color putting the final step, the I was to tell as much as possible pride and commitment of technology and our craftsmen Manufacturing of Japan.

From the last Mr. Jack Nicklaus

"The splendor of Japanese technology and was able to feel all in the tour of today"

"Worry for the Manufacturing of MIURA is no longer any"

Also received impressions that,
MADE IN JAPAN it was possible to re-confirm the advantage of being, and now it is more valuable day of things to get even for us.

Jack Nicklaus said, Thank you for your visit! !

Jack has the aura of an emperor

17

#48 Circle_P

Circle_P

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101651
  • Joined: 01/09/2010
  • Location:Arkansas
  • Ebay ID:perangela08
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

I have this same set. Bought them late in the summer so only played 6-7 rounds but they are amazing. I'm going to have to get rid of them due to unexpected life events but I will hope to be able to get another set some day soon. They're more art than tool but they're the perfect tool as well.

18

#49 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2947

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

View Postmudballz, on 17 December 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Best looking irons this year

Agreed!  Best looking and most expensive!

19

#50 mocokid

mocokid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128438
  • Joined: 05/10/2011
  • Location:central NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 440

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Was he carrying 4 or 3 iron?, what was longest iron in bag?  can't tell from the pix.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:23 AM

If I decide to get a set of Miuras I'll get fitted but for the hell of it to test the pricing waters who sells them so I can get an idea?

           I think I read 4-PW is around 1600-1700 with most shafts.
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping G400 3 Wood
PingG25 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Fourteen RM-22 Raw 50.07 54.08  58.12 N.S  Modus3 Wedge 125
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

21

#52 67VIP

67VIP

    67VIP

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43777
  • Joined: 12/12/2007
  • Location:Tacoma, Washington, USA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

View Postmocokid, on 17 December 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

Was he carrying 4 or 3 iron?, what was longest iron in bag?  can't tell from the pix.

There were eight irons in the bag and only one traditional wedge.  I suspect it was a 4-GW make up, the gap wedge being 50*...which would be inline with the specs he played throughout his career (17* one iron/20* two iron, etc all the way to 50* PW, then a 55-57* sand wedge).  If you ever get a chance to see the Shell's WWG match with Gary Player at Sunningdale in 2000...Jack was still swatting a two iron 225 yards at the age of 60!  He shot 66 in that match and hit all three par fives in two.  The irons that Jack played while repping his club company were custom made from a batch of MacGregor Tourney blanks that they milled to look like his companies' commercial irons...until they brought out the JNP which was a copy of the Muirfield 20th from MacGregor.

Edited by 67VIP, 18 December 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Taylormade Aeroburner TP+ 10.5 / Aldila Tour Red 70
Exotics EX9 Fairway 15 / Matrix Red Tie 65x4
Exotics EX9 Hybrid 17 Mamiya Recoil 670
Cobra Fly Z+ Forged 3-PW / KBS Tour V

Titleist Vokey SM6 5208F / 5808M / Dyn Gold

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3
Taylormade TP5 / TP5x
Cobra Masters Edition Staff Bag
The Home Course, Dupont, Washington


Chambers 15th - Copy.jpg

22

#53 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

I'll ask again..... Does anyone reccomend a dealer for Miura?
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping G400 3 Wood
PingG25 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Fourteen RM-22 Raw 50.07 54.08  58.12 N.S  Modus3 Wedge 125
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

23

#54 oneaugusta

oneaugusta

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14191
  • Joined: 04/15/2006
  • Location:Indiana
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 684

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostTzoid, on 19 December 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

I'll ask again..... Does anyone reccomend a dealer for Miura?
I think Joe Kwok is a Miura dealer, I'm sure they have a list of dealers on their USA website too.
Titleist 917 D2 GOGO 5 6S
   TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
   Miura CB57's Nippon Modus 120
   Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125
   David Mills Custom torched  Heritage SS flow neck
   David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
   Byron Rincon DH89

24

#55 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1647

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostTzoid, on 19 December 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

I'll ask again..... Does anyone reccomend a dealer for Miura?
http://www.miuragolf...ind-dealers.asp

Cali
TailorMaid
t****
19%7
@thereal#7

25

#56 DRRicks

DRRicks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 43733
  • Joined: 12/11/2007
  • Location:Baltimore, MD
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 774

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

View PostTzoid, on 19 December 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

I'll ask again..... Does anyone reccomend a dealer for Miura?

I typed in google.com, searched for Muira Golf Dealers, and got this...
https://www.google.c...olf dealers usa
Driver: Titleist 917 D2, 10.5*. Aldila 2KXV Blue
3Wood: Titleist 917F, 15*. Diamana Blueboard Ltd. 70
3 Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 21* loft. Fujikura Atmos
3 Iron: Titleist 718 TMB, Graphite Design AD-DI 95 Driving Iron Shaft
4 Iron: Titleist 718 TMB, Nippon Modus Tour 120
5-PW: Titleist 718 AP2, Nippon Modus Tour 120
GW: Titleist Vokey SM7, 50.08, Nippon Modus Tour 120
SW: Titleist Vokey SM7, 54.10, Nippon Modus Tour 120
LW: Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw, 60.04, Modus Tour 120 or Titleist Vokey SM7, 60.08, Nippon Modus Tour 120
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 5W
Ball: Titleist Pro V1

26

#57 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:59 AM

Thanks guys.... I did the Google search thing and found some but rolling the dice on such a big ticket item I was seeing if anyone had 1st hand experience with any Miura dealers.

              One on-line dealer is quoting 1600-1700 ( Pre-Paid )  with most shaft options and others 3-5 hundred more.
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping G400 3 Wood
PingG25 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Fourteen RM-22 Raw 50.07 54.08  58.12 N.S  Modus3 Wedge 125
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

27

#58 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
  • Joined: 07/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1647

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostTzoid, on 20 December 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Thanks guys.... I did the Google search thing and found some but rolling the dice on such a big ticket item I was seeing if anyone had 1st hand experience with any Miura dealers.

              One on-line dealer is quoting 1600-1700 ( Pre-Paid )  with most shaft options and others 3-5 hundred more.
Best to go to your nearest Miura dealer for optimal results. May have to travel a bit, but it's not a frequent thing. Best to invest time and research when finding your ideal Miura setup. I wouldn't order based on current specs or other fittings. Miura heads are weighted different and spec differently with certain shafts vs your mass marketed gear. Best to deal with your Miura rep in person to get your optimal invested results.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
19%7
@thereal#7

28

#59 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostMJisGOAT, on 20 December 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

View PostTzoid, on 20 December 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Thanks guys.... I did the Google search thing and found some but rolling the dice on such a big ticket item I was seeing if anyone had 1st hand experience with any Miura dealers.

  One on-line dealer is quoting 1600-1700 ( Pre-Paid )  with most shaft options and others 3-5 hundred more.
Best to go to your nearest Miura dealer for optimal results. May have to travel a bit, but it's not a frequent thing. Best to invest time and research when finding your ideal Miura setup. I wouldn't order based on current specs or other fittings. Miura heads are weighted different and spec differently with certain shafts vs your mass marketed gear. Best to deal with your Miura rep in person to get your optimal invested results.


Fot the premium price they demand I agree with you.

     Thanks
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping G400 3 Wood
PingG25 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Fourteen RM-22 Raw 50.07 54.08  58.12 N.S  Modus3 Wedge 125
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

29

#60 mbaisley

mbaisley

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14283
  • Joined: 04/20/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

This is probably the first time since about 1959 or 1960 that Jack has played something other than a MacGregor iron....  

He started his professional career with a set of MacGregor irons and never put them down.  From 1967 until last year, he hit the VIP / Muirfield or some kind of variant (N1 forged heads from late 1990s and more recently the JNP musclebacks).

If they are good enough for Jack, they should be good enough for the rest of us.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with miura 1957cb, 1957cb, miura 1957

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors