Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Major Kudos to Discount Dan's golf

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 RagingAardvark

RagingAardvark

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7902
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

Don't know if this is the right place, but wanted to make sure this got seen. :lol:

A couple weeks ago I was out looking for new irons, as my swing had outgrown my Adams A2OS with reg prolaunch.  I ended up going through a fitting at a local shop (I won't say who, but they're GREATLY increasing their golf presence and advertising).  The guythat fit me was GREAT, we had a really good session on top of chatting the day before.  Ended up coming down between Cally X-20tour and Adams IDEA Pro, according to the launch monitor (for accuracy and consistency).  So, figured out my specs, and said I had to double check with the wife that it was OK, and she was in Europe so I wouldn't be ordering till the next day.  Paid for the fitting, and left.  After getting greenlighted, I went back the next day but my fitter wasn't in yet.  Instead, the PGA Pro was.  Well, this guy clearly felt I wasn't worthy of his time as he proceeded to help another guy try out Maxfli fairway woods and wouldn't even acknowledge me visually or with a "sorry I'll be with you in a bit".  Nothing, wouldn't even look me in the eye when an associate came by right next to me.  I mean, he went out of his WAY to not talk to me.  After 20 minutes of this, I said "screw it" and stormed out...swung by a local shop where I know the owner.  Told his manager he had the chance to make his easiest sale of the week, asked if he could get me the Pros, gave him the specs and got a quick "2-3 weeks" reply.  Just stood there, couldn't be bothered to even call and check!  I'm standing here with specs and $$ ready to go and you can't be bothered to call, when your store is dead empty??  Fine, so long.

Went home and figured I'd check out Discount Dan's.  Went online, saw they had the IDEA Pros cheaper than either store that burned me, so I gave them a ring.  Gave my story to Cynthany(sp?) who said "let me call Adams, the hold time is usually 20 minutes so it might be abit, but I'll call you right back".  I gave her my specs, (lie angle, length, shaft, stiffness, type and color of grip) and off she went.  Not 10 minutes later I had a voicemail from her giving me the ETA(7-10 days) drop shipped from Adams to me, and the price for the 3-PW and matching GW.

So, called her back, said let's do it, and went through everything to double-check.  Went online and placed the order (as they were really busy in the shop).  While I was on my trip to California last week, my wife gave me the good news that my clubs had arrived, 7 business days after placing the order).  When I got home I unboxed and inspected and they were exactly as ordered.  SWEET!!!!

The kicker??? On top of the outstanding service, I got the 3-GW for $100 LESS than the other places would sell me the 3-PW for!!!! HA!!  All I can say is I was utterly impressed with Discount Dan's and will be using them for purchases whenever I can...you guys (and gals) are awesome!!!

-e

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TCMP

TCMP

Disguised

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34660
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

I had a similar experience with Discount Dan's.

They are the best place to buy clubs from bar none.

#3 littlepingman

littlepingman

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22678
GolfWRX Likes : 136

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

View PostTCMP, on Aug 13 2007, 07:58 PM, said:

I had a similar experience with Discount Dan's.

They are the best place to buy clubs from bar none.

Agreed. Customer service is best I have experienced. Very personal service. Great transaction. Everything was perfect. Including the price.

#4 pwrfade

pwrfade

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16127
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

I have bought a couple of sets from them - and a driver or two over the years - always a perfect transaction - I have dealt with Joe and Dan himself in the past - they are both great guys -

#5 Pars Win!

Pars Win!

teeithigh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18407
  • Ebay ID:bogiebritt

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:08 PM

Discount Dan's is the Best!

I have purchased a Titleist 907 D2 driver, 2 Mizuno CLK FLi HIs, Mizuno MP32 5-PW, 3 Cleveland CG12 Wedges a Bushnell Medalist Range finder and my brother in law has purchsed a set ot Ping Rapture irons. All since April. Dan and Cythany are always pleasant, always have the best prices and always overchieve on the transactions. I tell every friend I have about them.

Thanks Dan and company!

#6 golf9596

golf9596

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 884
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

I HAVE USED THEM MANY TIMES AND EACH ORDER IS ACCURATE AND YOU CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE. IF YOU ARE LUCKY YOU WILL GET TO TALK WITH DAN HIMSELF, HE IS GREAT TO TALK TO AND YOU CAN'T BEAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
SLDR 12*- Attas 3-S
TEE CB 15.5 661-X
Adams A7 19* Hybrid-Proforce-S
Adams DHY 24*, Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5-G
Scotty Newport Button Back….….
Vokey 54*, Vokey 58* SM5

#7 Charlie_Foxtrot

Charlie_Foxtrot

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17687
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

I have dealt with both Dan and Cynthanie:

(a)  8 times out of 10, their prices are lower than anyone elses.  Usually significantly lower - not just $3 lower or the like.

(b) they are easy and fun to talk to.

© I always get exactly what I ordered, and fast.  

(d) they give me their honest opinions when I have questions.

As a result, they are my first call any time I am considering equipment of any kind, whether it is clubs, bags, travel covers, etc.  Very few people earn your business any more.  Discount Dan's does it every time.

Top notch store.

#8 bcheeks

bcheeks

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22366
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

I bought a sky caddie from them.  Very helpful on the phone and much cheaper than anywhere else.  I would definitely buy from them again.

#9 rykwon

rykwon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26552
  • Ebay ID:fuenteanejo

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

Ditto on above posts!  Just made my first purchase and just superior customer service as well as prices that put all the retailers here in Portland to shame.  Since they're in Oregon, no sales tax!  Discount Dan's is THE golf store!

#10 morganj

morganj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20741

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:30 PM

I spoke Dan and he is such a great bloke. Service was great. price's are good too.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 wwhitehead

wwhitehead

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5152
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

What you experienced is what you can expect at Discount Dan's.

I ordered a 905R last year, then called to inquire about a D2 earlier this spring.  I received an honest response....that the D2 isn't much longer than the 905, and that many players were switching back...turned out to be true, and makes me realize that they really are committed to long-term customer relations.

WW

#12 tpariff

tpariff

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1859
  • Ebay ID:tpariff
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:46 PM

Just to add a bit to this story.  I want a ClicGear push cart, so I emailed Discount Dan's today to see if they carry them.  The initial response I got was "no, we don't carry them" but soon thereafter I get a follow up email stating they can order one for me.  Most places would have left me alone after the first email, but the folks at Discount Dans followed up on my inquiry and found a way to EARN my business.  Their price is at least 15% better than what I've found anywhere else, so I'll be calling them tomorrow to place my order.

I've ordered from them in the past (set of custom Titleist irons, Titleist stand bag) and they are honest, fast, and have the best prices...PERIOD!  They are a great shop that will continue to earn some of my business.  While I am somewhat price conscious, I'm more concerned with customer service in the form of honesty and integrity, as well as speed and accuracy of the product delivery.  Discount Dans has it all!

If not for this site, I'd still be wasting my time at big box stores and paying higher prices.  Thanks, Golfwrx and Discount Dans!

Edited by tpariff, 13 August 2007 - 11:48 PM.

#13 1970.gpp

1970.gpp

Minimalist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3570
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:38 AM

I ordered my G5 set (5-9, PW, UW, SW, LW) and Redwood putter through Dan and the experience was superb.  The prices given were better than any other store out there (online or otherwise) and I will not hesitate recommending them to anyone looking for great service and incredible pricing.  I was even able to speak to the man himself and it turns out he's originally from my neck of the woods.  He was cordial, talkative, and downright nice.  He was even kind enough to follow up with calls at each step of the order process since my G5s were a PITA custom order.  Good group of guys out there in Gearhart...
Cleveland Launcher SL290 (12*)
Cleveland Mashie (18*)
Cleveland 588 Altitude (5)
Cleveland 588 MT (7-9)
Cleveland 588 TT (P-S)
Never Compromise Z/I Kappa

#14 cplof

cplof

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20002

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

So are your 3 and 4 the hybrids or irons?

#15 generalpatton

generalpatton

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16215
  • Ebay ID:klassicgolf

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Had nothing but great experiences with 3 Ping transactions with DD over the last year and a half.  Believe the hype!

#16 rbmercer

rbmercer

rbmercer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19229
  • Ebay ID:rbmercer
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

NO ONE COMPARES!!!!....I love them, too! It is amazing, they always have time for any question and make you feel that you are the most important person....unbelievable!

#17 hnsurgeon

hnsurgeon

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34581

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

Just ordered a set of MP-57's (Project X shafts) from Discount Dan's for an unbelievable price.  Great transaction so far, but of course I won't receive the clubs until mid September.  Discount Dan's seems the place to buy if you know your specs.

#18 rmiller_ny

rmiller_ny

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13579

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

I can go on and on about a few times they went our of their way to make sure I got service above-and-beyond. I've used them quite a bit and aside from having the greatest pricing around (I just got my iron set for $150 less than around my area)....their service is impeccable. When they say they'll look into it and get back to you....they call back...always. Imagine that concept?!?
A+++ retailer

Edited by rmiller_ny, 25 August 2007 - 08:57 PM.

#19 Interpol

Interpol

POWWWWWW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34463
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:46 PM

Sorry to dredge up a slighly older topic, but I just wanted to post my experience with Discount Dan's.

Based on the recommendations found here on GolfWRX, I gave them a call 2 days ago to order a custom set of irons (3-PW, stiff steel shafts, 3* upright, midsize grips) from a major OEM that's hard to find discounts on.  John from Discount Dan's was extremely friendly and helpful, and within 2 hours of ordering he had already sent me an email letting me know the order was placed with Ping and the set should be shipped out in a week.  In addition to the great service, the price was unbeatable - $200 cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

Discount Dan's has a new customer for life.

Edited by Interpol, 15 September 2007 - 01:57 AM.

Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver
TM Superfast 2.0 3W
TM Rescue 2009 3H
Ping G30 ProjectX 5.5 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

#20 hbear

hbear

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3507
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

Great service, highly recommended....
You know they LOVE GOLF and it shows!

Prices can't be beat! But it's their service and attitude that make the experience so great!

Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Ahina 70x
Callaway XHot Pro 15* w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 hobbes

hobbes

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27896

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:11 PM

Don't feel bad for bringing this up again Interpol.  I think this was the topic that exposed Discount Dan's to me and I am now a very happy customer :russian_roulette:  The more people that see this the better, DD's is great.

#22 oregongolf

oregongolf

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15806
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:39 AM

View Posthobbes, on Sep 13 2007, 09:11 PM, said:

Don't feel bad for bringing this up again Interpol.  I think this was the topic that exposed Discount Dan's to me and I am now a very happy customer :cheesy:  The more people that see this the better, DD's is great.

I agree :cheesy: :russian_roulette:  

in more ways than one :lol:

#23 dmboak

dmboak

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3873

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:23 PM

Not many places compare to Discount Dan's and every time I've ever dealt with them, I've always received a quick response and quick delivery on orders!!!  Thumbs up all the way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors