Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The Grint Golf App


71 replies to this topic

#31 Radagast

Radagast

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104288
  • Joined: 03/04/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:06 PM

Tried out the app today... can anyone either direct me to a list of what all the selections under Penalty scoring area mean?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Rumpilla

Rumpilla

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106124
  • Joined: 04/11/2010
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:15 AM

View PostRadagast, on 31 July 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

Tried out the app today... can anyone either direct me to a list of what all the selections under Penalty scoring area mean?
ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1438499724.357094.jpg
Hope this helps

2

#33 Radagast

Radagast

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104288
  • Joined: 03/04/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Rumpilla.

I just realized the penalty options below those five in the screenshot are the various combinations of two penalties; seems obvious after the fact but it had me confused.

3

#34 Rumpilla

Rumpilla

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106124
  • Joined: 04/11/2010
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostRadagast, on 02 August 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Thanks Rumpilla.

I just realized the penalty options below those five in the screenshot are the various combinations of two penalties; seems obvious after the fact but it had me confused.
No problem. It is kinda confusing.

4

#35 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

Just incase some of you haven't seen the other thread WRX Leaderboard, my Grint username is robrey85, add me!

Here's my post from the other thread:

Quote

Hey all, I just started using theGrint yesterday, although I haven't actually used it to log a live round yet because I won't be playing until this weekend. I fell in love with it adding my previous twenty rounds on the website after creating an account so I signed up for the Pro Version. I came from using Golfshot Pro for the past three years so I'm pretty anxious and excited to see how good this app is for logging an actual round and how accurate the GPS is. I've already got the gist of using the website to add a score which is easy enough after learning what the SS, FS, OD, etc... are. I'm curious about the GPS because it was stated by them that it's accurate up to one yard, which would be outstanding for a mobile phone app. Pair that with my laser range finder and it would be optimal.

My main reason for switching was because of the stats. I like the stats MUCH better than Golfshot. That is where I was truly disappointed w/ Golfshot. After one major update to the iOS version, it's like they just put it by the way side and let it rot. That could be SUCH a great app if they just expanded their statistical points of view. I actually like the more modern view and it's very subtle, which again I find calming. My main gripe that I have so far, was playing around with the GPS, when you zoom in on the green it's SUPER blurry. Not that it matters a whole lot, it's just a minor issue for me.

Anyway, I've taken note of your guys' usernames and will be adding you shortly. I am Robert M Reyes! Hope to be comparable to you guys and your 1337 skeelz, haha.

Edited by robrey85, 18 November 2015 - 12:11 PM.

Posted Image

5

#36 justasgood

justasgood

    Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Joined: 11/22/2012
  • Location:Covington country club, Mandeville Louisiana
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1590

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:18 AM

Only time I've won a giveaway on GolfWRX and I've never been able to get it to work.... 😡

6

#37 Radagast

Radagast

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104288
  • Joined: 03/04/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

Can anyone comment as to how useful the features of the Pro membership are?

I received a notification for a reduced price offer this weekend which seems, considering it. Thanks.

7

#38 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

    My Girl Duffners

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205685
  • Joined: 10/03/2012
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 6096

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

I use it and just started using pro as I
Became the club HC chairman for my community club as we didn't have one and none of the 200 or so members handicaps were valid until there was a chairman.

I like the pro. Tells me in depth of how bad I am hahaha. But I do like how
It breaks down the common stats of fir, gir, and putts and score down even more by course, par, and from what area of the course (fairway vs rough and what not).


Big Changes Coming Soon

8

#39 Bob Cat

Bob Cat

    Golfopath

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64647
  • Joined: 08/31/2008
  • Location:East Central Indiana
  • Handicap:~9
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

View PostPapa Johick, on 26 November 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

I use it and just started using pro as I
Became the club HC chairman for my community club as we didn't have one and none of the 200 or so members handicaps were valid until there was a chairman.

I like the pro. Tells me in depth of how bad I am hahaha. But I do like how
It breaks down the common stats of fir, gir, and putts and score down even more by course, par, and from what area of the course (fairway vs rough and what not).

PJ,

I'm looking to do the same.  Have been using the FREE Grint offering for hdcp only.  No GPS - no stats.
We pay $30 at our club for a GHIN hdcp.  Why pay $30 to play against some sandbaggers.  Aggravating.  I digress.

Now that you're the chairman, are you doing so for just your club or an entire region (multiple clubs in your area)?

Would you elaborate on your Grint chairperson experience?
Taylormade M1
TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
Ping i15 / Zing 2
Titleist Vokey SM5
TM Spider Tour Black
Top Flite Gamer Tour
Sun Mountain Four 5
Clicgear 3.5+

9

#40 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

    My Girl Duffners

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205685
  • Joined: 10/03/2012
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 6096

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostBob Cat, on 08 June 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostPapa Johick, on 26 November 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

I use it and just started using pro as I
Became the club HC chairman for my community club as we didn't have one and none of the 200 or so members handicaps were valid until there was a chairman.

I like the pro. Tells me in depth of how bad I am hahaha. But I do like how
It breaks down the common stats of fir, gir, and putts and score down even more by course, par, and from what area of the course (fairway vs rough and what not).

PJ,

I'm looking to do the same.  Have been using the FREE Grint offering for hdcp only.  No GPS - no stats.
We pay $30 at our club for a GHIN hdcp.  Why pay $30 to play against some sandbaggers.  Aggravating.  I digress.

Now that you're the chairman, are you doing so for just your club or an entire region (multiple clubs in your area)?

Would you elaborate on your Grint chairperson experience?


I am chairman of just my club but it encompasses about 100-200 people from the low country spreading of about 50 miles or so. Biggest thing I am trying to do is make a way for all of us to play together at least 1-2 times a year per USGA rules for HC regulation.

It is very simple other wise. I communicate with the other guys and girls online or through the app. I don't do much handicap revisions as I am using the honor system and like I said, we only have to have 1 club sanctioned event and it doesn't have very strict specifications about what is involved with that. Also members have to play with other members at least 3 times in a year. I do that with my buddy and i think there are a few other groups of people who play together in their area.

Fill out a form every year or so about what your club is doing right and wrong/what you can do better and its gravy. Pro version is pretty dang cool also. gives a lot of good info and stats

Big Changes Coming Soon

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Quesiton;

Let's say you are playing with your friends who don't have TheGrint and you decide to track their scores. Does anyone know what kind of email you get when you're the guest? I want to know if they send a copy of the scorecard of if they send one of those retarded "Round summary's"
Posted Image

11

#42 JustChill

JustChill

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 325427
  • Joined: 07/08/2014
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:ijustchill
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:31 PM

I just started using it this past May.  Figure I should have something to track my rounds, stats, and handicap.  I got the Pro membership as it was $15 for the year so why not.  I will be using it exclusively this year.
Titleist 917D3 9.5*, Aldila Rogue Silver 60 X
Titleist 910fd 16.5* Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 82 X
Titleist 910h 19*, Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 90HYB S
Adams MB2, KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM TP 52-56-60 KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport

12

#43 BryanFTW

BryanFTW

    bryannn

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41015
  • Joined: 10/18/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:30 AM

Can anyone explain the handicap a bit more? Does this give you an actual USGA handicap number?

13

#44 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:48 PM

View PostBryanFTW, on 09 June 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

Can anyone explain the handicap a bit more? Does this give you an actual USGA handicap number?

No, GHIN is a USGA handicap system provided by USGA therefore, they give you a USGA #. TheGrint is an eHandicap that does qualify for use in USGA sanctioned events per their website, but from experience, our local SNGA chapter has issues with us using TheGrint system for whatever reason so I just bought a SNGA membership so I could have a GHIN to ixnay any confusion that might occur.
Posted Image

14

#45 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

    My Girl Duffners

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205685
  • Joined: 10/03/2012
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 6096

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

View Postrobrey85, on 08 June 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Quesiton;

Let's say you are playing with your friends who don't have TheGrint and you decide to track their scores. Does anyone know what kind of email you get when you're the guest? I want to know if they send a copy of the scorecard of if they send one of those retarded "Round summary's"

I am pretty sure it does give the score card. I tried it with my buddy before he joined but not sure what showed up for him

Big Changes Coming Soon

15

#46 Boricua Golf

Boricua Golf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137445
  • Joined: 08/23/2011
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:luisito11*11
GolfWRX Likes : 1361

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

I have the Grint app (non pro version), but I paid for Golf Pad GPS, so I might try it on my next round...
Driver---------------Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
FW Wood----------Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Hybrid---------------Ping G 19*, Tour AD-DI 105X
Irons-----------------Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Wedges-------------Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Putter----------------Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour  32.75", built up Pingman Grip (Ping Oslo and Ping Nome TR as backup 33.25" with SS Pistol GT Tour 1.0)
Golf Ball-------------2017 Pro V1, K-Sigs and Chrome Soft X

16

#47 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostPapa Johick, on 09 June 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postrobrey85, on 08 June 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Quesiton;

Let's say you are playing with your friends who don't have TheGrint and you decide to track their scores. Does anyone know what kind of email you get when you're the guest? I want to know if they send a copy of the scorecard of if they send one of those retarded "Round summary's"

I am pretty sure it does give the score card. I tried it with my buddy before he joined but not sure what showed up for him

Let me show you what I am looking for:

unspecified.png

I really wish they'd send something like this. If they do, it's worth tracking my friends stats.
Posted Image

17

#48 Papa Johick

Papa Johick

    My Girl Duffners

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205685
  • Joined: 10/03/2012
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:10.5
GolfWRX Likes : 6096

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

View Postrobrey85, on 09 June 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostPapa Johick, on 09 June 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postrobrey85, on 08 June 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Quesiton;

Let's say you are playing with your friends who don't have TheGrint and you decide to track their scores. Does anyone know what kind of email you get when you're the guest? I want to know if they send a copy of the scorecard of if they send one of those retarded "Round summary's"

I am pretty sure it does give the score card. I tried it with my buddy before he joined but not sure what showed up for him

Let me show you what I am looking for:

unspecified.png

I really wish they'd send something like this. If they do, it's worth tracking my friends stats.

I do not think it is that detailed for the guest. I would assume it just gives a score with scorecard and a brief breakdown of some states such as FW, GIR, Putts
Big Changes Coming Soon

18

#49 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:42 PM

Does anyone know what a GRINT actually is?

19

#50 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

View PostPapa Johick, on 09 June 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

View Postrobrey85, on 09 June 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostPapa Johick, on 09 June 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

View Postrobrey85, on 08 June 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Quesiton;

Let's say you are playing with your friends who don't have TheGrint and you decide to track their scores. Does anyone know what kind of email you get when you're the guest? I want to know if they send a copy of the scorecard of if they send one of those retarded "Round summary's"

I am pretty sure it does give the score card. I tried it with my buddy before he joined but not sure what showed up for him

Let me show you what I am looking for:

unspecified.png

I really wish they'd send something like this. If they do, it's worth tracking my friends stats.

I do not think it is that detailed for the guest. I would assume it just gives a score with scorecard and a brief breakdown of some states such as FW, GIR, Putts

That's what I'm talking about. I want to know what they get. The round summary we get is retarded. It's nothing of use to us except for what our trending handicap is.

View Posttimbo08, on 09 June 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Does anyone know what a GRINT actually is?

I think it's an up and down.

Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

Actually I decided to Google it and apparently it's how many Bogie's or better you had per round according to a Founder in the Comments section here:
http://www.thegrint....social-network/

21

#52 justasgood

justasgood

    Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Joined: 11/22/2012
  • Location:Covington country club, Mandeville Louisiana
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1590

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:01 AM

The only giveaway I ever won on this site was a pro version of the Grint.

It never worked and I deleted it.

I use the Golfshot app and I have been very pleased.  My Hdcp is tracked at my club.

22

#53 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:53 AM

 justasgood, on 10 June 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

The only giveaway I ever won on this site was a pro version of the Grint.

It never worked and I deleted it.

I use the Golfshot app and I have been very pleased.  My Hdcp is tracked at my club.

You should give it another chance. I'll be the first to admit when they released it, it sucked a**. It was buggy and didn't work. It's come a long way since the first time I tried it. There are just little things that I can't stand about it. Such as what I previously mentioned about the scorecard. I am also not a fan of the zoom in the GPS overview but scoring wise and stat wise, it's fantastic. They said they were working on a strokes gained analysis when I emailed them some feedback recently, who knows if they will eventually release it though.
Posted Image

23

#54 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:58 AM

On a side note; if you're from WRX and you add me as friend. Please tell me you're from WRX so I don't immediately unfriend you. Thanks!
Posted Image

24

#55 FryeManTX

FryeManTX

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134407
  • Joined: 07/27/2011
  • Location:Dallas, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

So is the Grint handicap not a real index? I don't play in many big tournaments, we typically only use indexes to handicap bets on the course.


25

#56 timbo08

timbo08

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105122
  • Joined: 03/21/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:59 PM

I was under the impression that if you joined an "eclub" with a chairman on it your handicap is USGA approved or at least that's what GRINT tells me in my Handicap emails I receive twice a month.

26

#57 HoosierMizuno

HoosierMizuno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87620
  • Joined: 07/06/2009
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 775

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

still haven't figured out how to skip to a certain hole. if i enter stats or scores for first couple holes, forget or don't have time for holes 3-5, and want to enter those later but use the gps for the tee shot on hole 6 the app forces you to enter all the info for any holes prior. this is a pain as i figure i could always do that later. i just want to use the gps for current hole. wish the app would let you skip to certain holes. i could then use the gps as i wanted throughout the round and fill in the holes i missed after.

until then i end up missing a few holes and instead of taking the time to fill in scores and stats i end up just shutting it down.
TM M2 10.5 w/ Rogue Silver 70 S
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Titleist 915H 18* w/ Rogue Black 85 S
J15CB w/ Modus 120X
Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
Odyssey O-Works #9

27

#58 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

 FryeManTX, on 17 June 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

So is the Grint handicap not a real index? I don't play in many big tournaments, we typically only use indexes to handicap bets on the course.

 timbo08, on 17 June 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

I was under the impression that if you joined an "eclub" with a chairman on it your handicap is USGA approved or at least that's what GRINT tells me in my Handicap emails I receive twice a month.

From what I hear, I believe the local clubs people have issues with it because it's not "registered with USGA" but it abides by USGA eClub rules. So it is considered legit, and my local SNGA has taken it as such but I think a lot of people are very apprehensive about it.
Posted Image

28

#59 robrey85

robrey85

    Gamblers Bonus

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338617
  • Joined: 09/09/2014
  • Location:Las Vegas
  • Ebay ID:b!ackdeathbe!ow
GolfWRX Likes : 866

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

 HoosierMizuno, on 21 June 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

still haven't figured out how to skip to a certain hole. if i enter stats or scores for first couple holes, forget or don't have time for holes 3-5, and want to enter those later but use the gps for the tee shot on hole 6 the app forces you to enter all the info for any holes prior. this is a pain as i figure i could always do that later. i just want to use the gps for current hole. wish the app would let you skip to certain holes. i could then use the gps as i wanted throughout the round and fill in the holes i missed after.

until then i end up missing a few holes and instead of taking the time to fill in scores and stats i end up just shutting it down.

All you have to do is open the options menu by pressing the 9 circle square and then just click on "Go to Hole" and choose what hole you want. It'll skip whatever hole you are currently on without having to enter in a score. If you end up not playing the first few holes, than you have to abide by what the USGA says to do to post that score assuming you have played 14 of 18 holes, input those scores and then complete the round. If you don't have time to enter the scores, then just go back to the options menu and select save and exit round and enter the scores when you have time.
Posted Image

29

#60 nix

nix

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460232
  • Joined: 03/23/2017
  • Handicap:20.4
GolfWRX Likes : 714

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

I use the grint and like it, but I find the handicap to not really be USGA compliant. Good for bettting, but not correct for what a GHIN handicap would be for the following reasons.

1. The CR and Slope of courses is not always correct, in fact I find it's often wrong.
2. The Grint allows off-season scores which GHIN does not
3. Every tournament I've played in has required a GHIN handicap, not a USGA certified one which maybe the Grint is.

Again, love the app, great way to keep a handicap if you don't use GHIN, but it's not the same or a replacement in many ways.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors