Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)

855 replies to this topic

#811 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317681
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 773

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

View Postcbrwn425, on 22 October 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

View Postscruffynick, on 20 October 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

View Postcbrwn425, on 19 October 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm really nervous for tomorrows game. I just hope we don't get embarrassed and can make a half way decent showing.

On a more positive note I'm really happy that Luke Shaw signed an extension, been our best player by far and is finally getting a good run under Jose and showing that he has what it takes.
Was in shock when united went 2-1 up, awful 1st half again but 2nd half United played some really good stuff. Gutted about the late goal but the performances are getting there. Bit by bit it's getting there

I feel the same way. after the first I had no expectations for the second half. I really liked what I saw though. It was nice to see some fight in them again. Martial looked great and I hope he can continue getting game time. Alexis looked dreadful in his few minutes and Matic looks like he needs some rest. Hopefully we can put in a full 90 the way we played the second half against Juventus tomorrow.
Juve... Yikes, they've broken the seria a record this weekend. Look brilliant at the moment, take a draw right now if offered

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#812 cbrwn425

cbrwn425

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415218
  • Handicap:11.3
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:47 PM

After some decent outings lately, yesterday was very disappointing and somewhat expected. I get why Fellaini was in there but the lack of mobility in the midfield between him and Matic was a killer and our defense really seemed to struggle. City really put on a clinic and showed how far behind we are falling tactically.

#813 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

View Postcbrwn425, on 12 November 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

After some decent outings lately, yesterday was very disappointing and somewhat expected. I get why Fellaini was in there but the lack of mobility in the midfield between him and Matic was a killer and our defense really seemed to struggle. City really put on a clinic and showed how far behind we are falling tactically.
Far behind in most things to be fair.... Except support, City will never ever be on uniteds level. Could have been messy, 3-1 seems like a result

#814 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 946

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:47 AM

Yeah you never know with City. Can get ugly quickly.
Ping G400Max 10.5° Matrix HD-10X Silver Proto @43.75"
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
Honma TW737 FWc 21° Vizard Type Z 70S
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
TaylorMade 2011 MC TxxxN "Onset" 4-PW DGS300
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Arm-Lock

#815 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392190
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:36 PM

Arise Sir Kenny

He stood with a city on his shoulders that nearly broke him. Not a more deserving man on the planet.

Sir Kenny Dalglish receives knighthood for heroics on and off the field

The Scot has been recognised for services to football and his efforts in supporting the families of Hillsborough victims

The Scot has been recognised for services to football and his efforts in supporting the families of Hillsborough victims

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has received his knighthood from the Prince of Wales in recognition of an outstanding career on and off the pitch.

Daglish won three European Cups in seven years with Liverpool, and as a manager earned top-flight league championship titles with the Anfield club and Blackburn Rovers.

His off-field heroics include supporting the families of the Hillsborough disaster and his charity work with his wife Marina which has raised more than £10million.

When the announcement was made in June, Dalglish admitted he thought the letter was from the taxman.

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish is knighted by the Prince of Wales (Image: PA)

Dalglish was honoured for his services to football and charity (Image: PA)
“I got a letter through the door. I thought it was the taxman!” he said.

“I saw a wee bit of the crown but as I went to open it the door bell went so I said to Marina, ‘here’ and she went, ‘Ooooh…’ That was it.

“It is some journey, aye. You start off in your life just hoping to be a footballer.

"You become a footballer and have a bit of success in the football world and that seems to give you a platform to go on to other things.

“We (with wife Marina) only set out to do the best we possibly could, even through all the other stuff. The charity or Hillsborough; it was to help people because somebody helped us.

Steve Nicol, Kenny Dalglish, Alan Hansen, Gary Gillespie, and Greaeme Souness celebrate with the trophy after winning the UEFA European Cup Final

Dalglish won three European Cups with Liverpool (Image: Liverpool FC
“You start off with your parents and they put you on the right road. Then the football; you couldn't get any better tutors than Jock Stein and Bob Paisley.

“People might say they didn’t get a recognition like this. I wouldn't get into a discussion about that but I’m not saying I’m any more deserving than those two great men.

“Someone has thought it was fitting for me to get it and that’s all we can deal with at the moment. We are hugely proud to have got this accolade.”

Titleist 915 D2 Fujikura PRO XLR8 S
Titleist 917F2 13.5 ATTAS6 6x
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM5 54f KBS Tour V
Mizuno T7 50 & 60
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5

#816 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostTexas1, on 16 November 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Arise Sir Kenny

He stood with a city on his shoulders that nearly broke him. Not a more deserving man on the planet.

Sir Kenny Dalglish receives knighthood for heroics on and off the field

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish has received his knighthood from the Prince of Wales in recognition of an outstanding career on and off the pitch.

Daglish won three European Cups in seven years with Liverpool, and as a manager earned top-flight league championship titles with the Anfield club and Blackburn Rovers.

His off-field heroics include supporting the families of the Hillsborough disaster and his charity work with his wife Marina which has raised more than £10million.

When the announcement was made in June, Dalglish admitted he thought the letter was from the taxman.

Liverpool legend Sir Kenny Dalglish is knighted by the Prince of Wales (Image: PA)

Dalglish was honoured for his services to football and charity (Image: PA)
“I got a letter through the door. I thought it was the taxman!” he said.

“I saw a wee bit of the crown but as I went to open it the door bell went so I said to Marina, ‘here’ and she went, ‘Ooooh…’ That was it.

“It is some journey, aye. You start off in your life just hoping to be a footballer.

"You become a footballer and have a bit of success in the football world and that seems to give you a platform to go on to other things.

“We (with wife Marina) only set out to do the best we possibly could, even through all the other stuff. The charity or Hillsborough; it was to help people because somebody helped us.

Steve Nicol, Kenny Dalglish, Alan Hansen, Gary Gillespie, and Greaeme Souness celebrate with the trophy after winning the UEFA European Cup Final

Dalglish won three European Cups with Liverpool (Image: Liverpool FC
“You start off with your parents and they put you on the right road. Then the football; you couldn't get any better tutors than Jock Stein and Bob Paisley.

“People might say they didn’t get a recognition like this. I wouldn't get into a discussion about that but I’m not saying I’m any more deserving than those two great men.

“Someone has thought it was fitting for me to get it and that’s all we can deal with at the moment. We are hugely proud to have got this accolade.”
About time too.... For what he did after hilsbrough was remarkable!

#817 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

Klopp ya mad bastxxx 😂
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#818 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

Oh Everton, we’re all laughing at you

Comical end to the Merseyside derby, but can’t stop laughing at that goal and Klopp

Probably get a ban for it the mad lunatic
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#819 Imhappyinthe80s

Imhappyinthe80s

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 298940
  • Handicap:11.5
GolfWRX Likes : 274

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:49 AM

December drives me crazy because golf usually officially ends for 3 months....but I love EPL in December.  Can't wait for fixtures 5-6 days a week
Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19, 22 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 5-PW, AW 2 degrees flat
Cleveland CG16 52, 56 1 degree flat
Odyssey White Hot #9

#820 ea19

ea19

future hall of famer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 287473
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

Far behind in most things to be fair.... Except support, City will never ever be on uniteds level. Could have been messy, 3-1 seems like a result

Are you sure?  It does not take long and suddenly you are outdated, tired and the generation has passed you by.  Ask Nottingham F and the Dallas Cowboys.  If City wins the champions league this year, it could really snowball.  Not sure they have the owners to get back on the right path.  We know they don’t have the manager.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#821 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

View Postea19, on 04 December 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

Are you sure?  It does not take long and suddenly you are outdated, tired and the generation has passed you by.  Ask Nottingham F and the Dallas Cowboys.  If City wins the champions league this year, it could really snowball.  Not sure they have the owners to get back on the right path.  We know they don’t have the manager.
City will never and I mean never be united level of support. Just go to my city to find out, its 2/3 red and always has been. Even in 74 after relegation they had the highest attendance in the UK, 3rd in Europe. City after the war were the so called bigger team yet united each season had over 20k more supporters coming through the gates.... Nothing has changed.
City can't fill out now and its buy one get one free at present time.... With that team. 76k turn out at old trafford each home game to watch dross! Don't even try and convince anybody that City can overtake uniteds support as even the blue mancs stay quite on that one. Just come to Manchester and find out

#822 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

View Postscruffynick, on 04 December 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

City will never and I mean never be united level of support. Just go to my city to find out, its 2/3 red and always has been. Even in 74 after relegation they had the highest attendance in the UK, 3rd in Europe. City after the war were the so called bigger team yet united each season had over 20k more supporters coming through the gates.... Nothing has changed.
City can't fill out now and its buy one get one free at present time.... With that team. 76k turn out at old trafford each home game to watch dross! Don't even try and convince anybody that City can overtake uniteds support as even the blue mancs stay quite on that one. Just come to Manchester and find out

Even though I have no time for UTD the above is true
City are like Chelsea, rich sugar daddy, Johnny come lately
Don’t get me wrong, all credit to them as they are building something good, on the back of ffp rules ignored lol.

They will never be as big a club Utd, same way Everton will never be the biggest club on Merseyside

To suggest anything else is just folly
And as Nick states, they can’t fill their ground now, always 1000’s of seats empty, good accounting for sell outs :)

At least it’s a better stadium that Maine Rd with the old Kippax, holy crap that was not a good place to watch an away side like I did a few times
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#823 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:34 PM

View PostTexas1, on 04 December 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Don’t get me wrong, all credit to them as they are building something good, on the back of ffp rules ignored lol.

They will never be as big a club Utd, same way Everton will never be the biggest club on Merseyside

And as Nick states, they can’t fill their ground now, always 1000’s of seats empty, good accounting for sell outs :)

At least it’s a better stadium that Maine Rd with the old Kippax, holy crap that was not a good place to watch an away side like I did a few times
Cheers pal... I was going to mention pool to Everton but I ran out of steam... But I rather liked maine Rd, got a brilliant atmosphere back in the day, you know when games were sat 3pm!

#824 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

View Postscruffynick, on 05 December 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Cheers pal... I was going to mention pool to Everton but I ran out of steam... But I rather liked maine Rd, got a brilliant atmosphere back in the day, you know when games were sat 3pm!

I wasn’t from Manchester so my accent stood out like like a Tory in Liverpool

Not a bad ground, old school, but in a shithole 😂

Anyway back to your mid table club 😉
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#825 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

View PostTexas1, on 05 December 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

View Postscruffynick, on 05 December 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

I wasn’t from Manchester so my accent stood out like like a Tory in Liverpool

Not a bad ground, old school, but in a shithole 😂

Anyway back to your mid table club 😉
Hey, we got another draw.... Finish 6th again. Hope for a good fa cup run

#826 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

Ok, well his agent has just made all Liverpool fans happy

Jose is happy and so are his employers

Must not read between the lines
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#827 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

View PostTexas1, on 07 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

He won't be there come the summer. Whisper I heard off a MEN journalist is uniteds first choice is poch, will try and turn his head come may

#828 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:32 PM

He will do well at yours
We all want Maureen to fulfil his contract
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#829 GolfChannel

GolfChannel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25488
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:06 PM

Sup, mind the Lilywhites.
Driver: Who needs that kind of negativity in their life...
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 Degree w/Accra 182H M3
Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 Nippon Modus 120
Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58 & Honma TFW 62 Degree Forged
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Taylormade TPx5

#830 cbrwn425

cbrwn425

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415218
  • Handicap:11.3
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

View Postscruffynick, on 08 December 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

View PostTexas1, on 07 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

He won't be there come the summer. Whisper I heard off a MEN journalist is uniteds first choice is poch, will try and turn his head come may

I would absolutely love for us to be able to lure Poch away from Spurs.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#831 GolfChannel

GolfChannel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

cbrwn425, on 10 December 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

scruffynick, on 08 December 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Texas1, on 07 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

I would absolutely love for us to be able to lure Poch away from Spurs.

Poch is only leaving for Barcelona.

#832 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 946

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:29 AM

Poch used to coach Espanyol. If I remember correctly, he said recently that he wouldn’t want to coach Barça out of allegiance to Espanyol. I think Real is more likely. No way they keep Solari long term.

Edited by Golfingfanatic, 11 December 2018 - 01:31 AM.

Ping G400Max 10.5° Matrix HD-10X Silver Proto @43.75"
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
Honma TW737 FWc 21° Vizard Type Z 70S
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
TaylorMade 2011 MC TxxxN "Onset" 4-PW DGS300
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Arm-Lock

#833 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

Not matter how shite manu are at the moment, this weekends game will be a cagey affair

Utd to play act, waste time, park the bus and hope for a swallow dive in our box on Sunday

All the hallmarks of a typical Maureen setup and win

😂😉
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#834 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:24 AM

Texas1, on 13 December 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Not matter how shite manu are at the moment, this weekends game will be a cagey affair

Utd to play act, waste time, park the bus and hope for a swallow dive in our box on Sunday

All the hallmarks of a typical Maureen setup and win

😂😉
Haven't won in 9 games.... But you will on sunday! Diving?? A team with sturridge, even chomps in his book wrote how bad he's at diving

Edited by scruffynick, 14 December 2018 - 01:24 AM.

#835 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Routine win against mid table shite

Just another 3 points for the reds

Edited by Texas1, 16 December 2018 - 01:35 PM.

Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#836 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:09 AM

Texas1, on 16 December 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

Routine win against mid table shite

Just another 3 points for the reds
Uggg! Like the midtable jibe, since when has 6th ever been midtable?? That means pool have been midtable shite for 20 odd years.... But joking aside pool are an outstanding side, might just finally win it this time

#837 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:09 AM

Well you are closer to bottom than you are to top. So mid table is spot on

👍
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#838 Texas1

Texas1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:30 AM

Still think City have a better squad tbf
Klopp is doing an outstanding job, even though he’s won nothing. All I want atm is the club to be executing well laid out plans.

We aren’t buying complete shite anymore and we are waiting till the player comes available or agreeing a huge fee for the right one

For example, mane Firmino and salah cost the same as lukaku. That’s great business

Unfortunately you’ve slipped into buying with no plan. Football always goes full circle.

I told you he’d destroy the club from inside. Charlton knew it and wanted him nowhere near your club. Gill and Ferguson, you can’t replace that, just like us replacing a long lost of bootroom boys after dalglish
Mizuno T7 50 & 60

#839 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:09 AM

Texas1, on 17 December 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

Still think City have a better squad tbf
Klopp is doing an outstanding job, even though he’s won nothing. All I want atm is the club to be executing well laid out plans.

We aren’t buying complete shite anymore and we are waiting till the player comes available or agreeing a huge fee for the right one

For example, mane Firmino and salah cost the same as lukaku. That’s great business

Unfortunately you’ve slipped into buying with no plan. Football always goes full circle.

I told you he’d destroy the club from inside. Charlton knew it and wanted him nowhere near your club. Gill and Ferguson, you can’t replace that, just like us replacing a long lost of bootroom boys after dalglish
Spot on, amazed how both clubs have mirrored each other. Going to take years to rebuild. In hind sight, lvg should have done his last year and tried everything to get poch.... Oh well, dreadful season but Xmas do on Saturday and I'll be utterly hammered by the time United are on at 5.30,so I won't even remember what dog poo Jose served up

#840 GolfChannel

GolfChannel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 11:33 AM

Not a bad week, Spurs pulled a miracle in the Champions League and got 3 points in dodgy conditions at the death. Now if Roma would wake the f*** up...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors