Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

(Football) Soccer thread (English Premier League, Champions League)


741 replies to this topic

#1 apple_crumble

apple_crumble

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 334273
  • Joined: 08/16/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Any EPL watchers here?  If so which club do you support and what would you like to praise or rant about?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 mtgrizinmn

mtgrizinmn

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133781
  • Joined: 07/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

I watch every Saturday and Sunday morning when possible. I've been an Arsenal fan for about 20 years now, but just enjoy watching the game. I'm a big fan of Aaron Ramsey right now. I was a fan of Ryan Giggs for awhile, but that whole thing with his brothers wife kinda turned me off.

Edited by jrharden, 19 August 2014 - 09:31 PM.


2

#3 apple_crumble

apple_crumble

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 334273
  • Joined: 08/16/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

View Postjrharden, on 19 August 2014 - 09:30 PM, said:

I watch every Saturday and Sunday morning when possible. I've been an Arsenal fan for about 20 years now, but just enjoy watching the game. I'm a big fan of Aaron Ramsey right now. I was a fan of Ryan Giggs for awhile, but that whole thing with his brothers wife kinda turned me off.

Yeah fair enough!  I've always been a Manchester United fan, but weirdly enough I liked Arsenal and Chelsea.  I hope they give Ed Woodward the sacking.
I am also pleased Arsenal's kit vastly improved aesthetic wise with Puma.

I think Arsenal can bag the F.A. Cup and Carling Cup this season.

3

#4 mnplayer

mnplayer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116161
  • Joined: 10/14/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

Chelsea fan here. Looking like it should be another good season.

4

#5 chrisgilly09

chrisgilly09

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114762
  • Joined: 09/12/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 696

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

Man United supporter, looks like it's gonna be a couple lean years, lots of deadweight to rid themselves of. It's ok, Man United will never die...


5

#6 onuzim

onuzim

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185208
  • Joined: 06/09/2012
  • Location:Port Elizabeth,RSA
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

Gooners fan here! Happy that Wenger has stopped trying to pay the mortgage off on the Emirates Stadium and has final spent some money on players...hopeful for the season.
Adams Fast12LS
Taylormade Stage 2 RBZ 19* Fairway
Taylormade SLDR 3 Hybrid
Taylormade SLDR 4 Hybrid
Adams CB2 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
Ping Anser 6

6

#7 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 696

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

Supporting ManU and Liverpool. I hope Liverpool can continue their impressive play from last season
A-Grind Classic 10.5° Attas Coool
TI Taylormade M1 T3 13.5° GD AD-DI 9X
PXG 0311X 1 Iron Accra Tour 100i
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cobra King Pür Raw 54° Versatile Grind, 60° WideLow Grind DG S200
Ping Anser 2 TR1966

7

#8 TheGameChanger

TheGameChanger

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 269502
  • Joined: 08/09/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:51 AM

View Postchrisgilly09, on 19 August 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Man United supporter, looks like it's gonna be a couple lean years, lots of deadweight to rid themselves of. It's ok, Man United will never die...

Loss on Saturday is a bit overblown imo had no RVP,Welback,Evans,Valencia,Carrick,Shaw,Rafael and Rojo. If LVG can another Central Midfielder and Di Maria things will be fine.

Edited by TheGameChanger, 20 August 2014 - 04:55 AM.


8

#9 chrisgilly09

chrisgilly09

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114762
  • Joined: 09/12/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 696

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

IMO Di Maria's valuation is far too high, and therefore he would be just an expensive luxury item. The second I saw Vidal play a couple years ago I immediately thought he would be the most important player to add; but since he's not coming I feel Strootman will be signed in January, provided he returns to health by then

9

#10 JWells

JWells

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177370
  • Joined: 04/25/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Really excited about the Rojo signing, I think he will play CB when shaw is fit. His versatility is exactly what United need in the back.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 TheGameChanger

TheGameChanger

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 269502
  • Joined: 08/09/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

I Would love to get De Jong,Sneijder and Hummels at United

Edited by TheGameChanger, 20 August 2014 - 07:42 PM.


11

#12 Ogre41

Ogre41

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20279
  • Joined: 10/05/2006
  • Location:Gaithersburg, MD
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

I'm a Liverpool fan myself. And while I'm excited that I don't have to worry about Suarez getting suspended anymore, I will miss what he could do on the positive end of things. They appeared to lack his tenacity last week and that's not a good thing. But a W is a W and 3 points are always welcome. I liked seeing Lambert come in and have the ball run through him a bit. That's what I hoped Andy Carrol would bring. I also thought Lovren and Manquillo were excellent. Maybe we won't have to win 5-4 this season.
Cobra BioCell Slime Green
Cobra Baffler Pro 18
Cobra AmpCell 3h-4h
Cobra S2 Max 6h
Ping i15 6-PW
Tour Edge MB 52, 56, 60
Ping IWI B60

12

#13 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177448
  • Joined: 04/25/2012
  • Location:North of Boston
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

I'm a massive Liverpool supporter as well.  I'm torn on the latest rumors of Balotelli coming to Anfield.  Class player but he has more demons than Suarez.  Hopefully Falcao but it looks like he wants absurd wages.  All I know is that we need another striker..

Edited by SterlingArcher, 20 August 2014 - 09:30 PM.


13

#14 TheGameChanger

TheGameChanger

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 269502
  • Joined: 08/09/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

View PostSterlingArcher, on 20 August 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

I'm a massive Liverpool supporter as well.  I'm torn on the latest rumors of Balotelli coming to Anfield.  Class player but he has more demons than Suarez.  Hopefully Falcao but it looks like he wants absurd wages.  All I know is that we need another striker..

Super Mario would do great for you guys. Plus I Don't think he is a bad guy.

14

#15 mnplayer

mnplayer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116161
  • Joined: 10/14/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Looks like Balotelli to Liverpool is almost official. Great signing, especially if it's only for 16M like is being reported.


15

#16 chrisgilly09

chrisgilly09

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114762
  • Joined: 09/12/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 696

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Looks like Di Maria to Man United will happen, so I'll gladly eat my words if he turns out to be a success haha

16

#17 gr00vetech

gr00vetech

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118989
  • Joined: 12/16/2010
  • Location:In the Bagroom, FL
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 20 August 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Supporting ManU and Liverpool. I hope Liverpool can continue their impressive play from last season


Not really sure how this works considering the rivalry between the two??

Im a Liverpool guy and think its going to be an exciting season if the Balotelli deal goes through. He is a risk but his raw talent is worth the gamble especially at the reported price. If Rodgers can motivate him half as well as Sturridge he can make us title contenders instead of battling for 4th. The added talent from the Saurez sale has given Liverpool enough depth to be competitive on all fronts this year.

Can't wait to see what the surprise of the season is this year! Man U out of Europe again? Totenham finally get something out of their talent with the new Manager? Traditional team like Villa finally go down? Let the roller coster begin!

17

#18 360_CS

360_CS

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 83083
  • Joined: 05/16/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 802

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

View Postmnplayer, on 21 August 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Looks like Balotelli to Liverpool is almost official. Great signing, especially if it's only for 16M like is being reported.

That contract is the funniest thing I have heard. What, he gets a bonus if he is "good." LOL

18

#19 mnplayer

mnplayer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116161
  • Joined: 10/14/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

View Postchrisgilly09, on 23 August 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Looks like Di Maria to Man United will happen, so I'll gladly eat my words if he turns out to be a success haha

If he has a free role like he had at Madrid(which I doubt) he'll be brilliant. I bet he'll be stifled by the system though because of Rooney, still a brilliant player. By far the best for Madrid last season.

19

#20 theclubsfault

theclubsfault

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 313277
  • Joined: 05/05/2014
  • Location:Arizona
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:47 AM

WHUFC here. First win of the season. (Knock on wood.) If that volley says anything about the season to be then I am very excited.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 696

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

View Postgr00vetech, on 23 August 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 20 August 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Supporting ManU and Liverpool. I hope Liverpool can continue their impressive play from last season


Not really sure how this works considering the rivalry between the two??

Im a Liverpool guy and think its going to be an exciting season if the Balotelli deal goes through. He is a risk but his raw talent is worth the gamble especially at the reported price. If Rodgers can motivate him half as well as Sturridge he can make us title contenders instead of battling for 4th. The added talent from the Saurez sale has given Liverpool enough depth to be competitive on all fronts this year.

Can't wait to see what the surprise of the season is this year! Man U out of Europe again? Totenham finally get something out of their talent with the new Manager? Traditional team like Villa finally go down? Let the roller coster begin!

Well i am not really a LFC fan, i simply enjoyed the way they played last year and hope they do well again.
A-Grind Classic 10.5° Attas Coool
TI Taylormade M1 T3 13.5° GD AD-DI 9X
PXG 0311X 1 Iron Accra Tour 100i
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cobra King Pür Raw 54° Versatile Grind, 60° WideLow Grind DG S200
Ping Anser 2 TR1966

21

#22 apple_crumble

apple_crumble

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 334273
  • Joined: 08/16/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

Looks like Di Maria is all set for United, I hope they bring in Daley Blind and De Jong as well.  Then Ed Woodward would be given some light for being so poor in the transfers!
When everyone is playing, Di Maria, Rojo, Shaw, Mata, RVP, etc, things will look good for United.  The problem is, other teams would have had a healthy lead already.

Super Mario will do awesome in Liverpool and I'm glad Chelsea is having a great start too.

22

#23 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 2,892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:NH native stuck in Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:6.1

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

Longtime Man U supporter but I'll watch just about any EPL game thats on tv - even if its the Queens Park Rangers getting beat up on yesterday. But hey, Ian Darke calling the game, its worth the watch.
'16 M2 10.5 - Kiyoshi White 65x
'16 M2 3W - Tour Blue 75s
Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
Cobra F7 Single Lengths 5-PW
Cleveland RTX3 tour raw blade - 56* / 60*
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5x

23

#24 mnplayer

mnplayer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116161
  • Joined: 10/14/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

View Postapple_crumble, on 25 August 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Looks like Di Maria is all set for United, I hope they bring in Daley Blind and De Jong as well.  Then Ed Woodward would be given some light for being so poor in the transfers!
When everyone is playing, Di Maria, Rojo, Shaw, Mata, RVP, etc, things will look good for United.  The problem is, other teams would have had a healthy lead already.

Super Mario will do awesome in Liverpool and I'm glad Chelsea is having a great start too.

All these signings aren't really addressing the problems for Man Utd IMO, except for Rojo and Herrera. They need at least one more high quality centre back and a destroyer in midfield(shouldn't have let that frenchman leave). Herrera looks like he's a Carrick replacement and a pretty good one at that, but they need to sign a Vidal type much more than a Di Maria. Reminds me a lot of the Ozil signing last season. World class player but more gaping problems in other positions.

24

#25 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 696

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

So CL draws are done. My home club FC Basel is up against Real madrid, Liverpool and ludogoretz. 3rd place is a must, 2nd Would be awesome. We've done well against english teams in the past though

A-Grind Classic 10.5° Attas Coool
TI Taylormade M1 T3 13.5° GD AD-DI 9X
PXG 0311X 1 Iron Accra Tour 100i
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cobra King Pür Raw 54° Versatile Grind, 60° WideLow Grind DG S200
Ping Anser 2 TR1966

25

#26 apple_crumble

apple_crumble

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 334273
  • Joined: 08/16/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 28 August 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

So CL draws are done. My home club FC Basel is up against Real madrid, Liverpool and ludogoretz. 3rd place is a must, 2nd Would be awesome. We've done well against english teams in the past though

Speaking of Basel, I just found out yesterday the reason why they share the same colors with Barcelona, it was not a coincidence.

Edited by apple_crumble, 29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM.


26

#27 gr00vetech

gr00vetech

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118989
  • Joined: 12/16/2010
  • Location:In the Bagroom, FL
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

HAHAHAHAHA at Man UTD. It is like a headless Chicken

27

#28 mtgrizinmn

mtgrizinmn

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133781
  • Joined: 07/21/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

This Everton vs. Chelsea game is insane! 5 goals in 11 minutes.

28

#29 theclubsfault

theclubsfault

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 313277
  • Joined: 05/05/2014
  • Location:Arizona
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

View Postjrharden, on 30 August 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

This Everton vs. Chelsea game is insane! 5 goals in 11 minutes.

Yea that was crazy! Everton had a couple near misses that could have put that game into double digit goals.

29

#30 cowboynjungle1

cowboynjungle1

    I got everything I need, and nothing that I don't

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12708
  • Joined: 02/27/2006
  • Location:southeast of disorder
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Big fan of the Chelsea blues and they are off to a great start!

Cleveland Classic 290 9*Miyazaki C.Kua S
Callaway S2H2 BBWB Deuce & X 4W
Adams Idea A7 PNT 19* 3H & 22* 4H
Adams A4 Forged 5-PW
Adams A4 Forged GW,SW,LW
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 34"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors