Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Nike CCI/CCI Forged

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Nike CCI Forged (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5(Best) (24 votes [52.17%])

Percentage of vote: 52.17%

2. 4 (19 votes [41.30%])

Percentage of vote: 41.30%

3. 3 (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

4. 2 (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

5. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 G.Review

G.Review

Tour Winner

• Forum Review
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24339
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:17 AM

With 39 iron wins on the PGA Tour and having won the iron count at the Masters two years running, there is no doubt that Nike knows irons. The CCi (Composite Cavity Insert) Forged Irons are made from a soft 1025 Carbon Steel and have the attributes the accomplished player requires thin topline, minimal offset and a high level of workability.

* Composite Cavity Insert Technology enhances forgiveness and feel.
    * Forged 1025 Carbon Steel construction.
    * Accomplished player preferred thin topline, minimal offset and high level of workability.
    * CNC milled flat faces ensure uniform ball compression for predictable distances and shot patterns.
    * Nike Tour Velvet grips by Golf Pride.

Attached Images

• 9125_3.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jedidan

jedidan

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23572
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:29 AM

ive had these irons since they came out and... wow... nike has done very well (as you can see from sig) i just reshafted all irons with black golds and these things are $$$! long, mid high, and as forgiving you can get with a players cavity

#3 ChrisM84

ChrisM84

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33584
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:06 PM

I love mine. Great looking in person. Very "quiet" irons.

#4 dodger

dodger

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7038
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:09 PM

I have played titleist 704 irons for the past three years. After a round where my iron play left much to be desired I decided to go the forgiveness route. I had settled on tm r7 irons, when I saw the cci's at a great price. I really liked the look, unobtrusive offset, small head. The feel is great, anything on the face flies very well. These are great irons for the 5 to 15 handicap. I am really excited to play these irons, great forgiveness, feel and performance regardless of the lie.

#5 rwill522

rwill522

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35936
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

I got these irons to replace my Cobra 3100 I/H irons.  These are the Nike CCI cast 4-AW set with Dynalite Gold shafts.  I have hit these a few times now and am very impressed thus far.  I was looking for a "tweener" set and these fit the bill to perfection.  Less offset and smaller blade than my Cobra's.  I think they actually look great and perform just as well.  The price can't be beat right now.  Good hits are very solid and mishits are felt but don't lack forgiveness.  I think these irons are overlooked by many because they are Nike's but if they had a different label I think they would be a huge hit.  I have read that these shafts may play soft, but I don't see that at all.  I was hitting these past my Cobra's and I'm a believer.

Edited by rwill522, 05 February 2008 - 08:29 PM.

#6 davewalji

davewalji

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48881

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

i think Nike have done a great job, there super forgiving (cast) and look great,
i dont think the forged set is as good, i think its plays too much like the blades therefore making it pointless.
personally i cant wait till nike bring out a better set between the blades and CCi cast, ill switch then,

#7 palmogela

palmogela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39401

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

View Postdavewalji, on Feb 29 2008, 12:53 PM, said:

i think Nike have done a great job, there super forgiving (cast) and look great,
i dont think the forged set is as good, i think its plays too much like the blades therefore making it pointless.
personally i cant wait till nike bring out a better set between the blades and CCi cast, ill switch then,

Ok, so I was able to get my hands on a demo 6 iron with a graphite shaft for $15! (great way to try out a set) The one I purchased was cast, and I wanted to see how much more forgiving these guys are. I play forged pc's and I love the feel of them, just wanted to see if there was another set out there would give me a touch more forgiveness. I noticed a firmer feel on clean shots from my pcs. I would say that the wider sole gives me more confidence. It was more forgiving, but it was not as much as I had anticipated. Good club, just not worth the switch for me.

Im with you dave, ill wait till they come out with a better set that feels like the pc's with more forgiveness

#8 adam1234

adam1234

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37240

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

the cci's have pretty good feel for cast clubs and i was attracted to game improvement clubs without the chunky heads. they are forgiving enough but a little too much offset for me and i have to say that there is nothing overly spectacular about their performance- they are very short considering the strong lofts. i'm waiting on nike to come out with clubs with similar forgiveness but less offset and hopefully forged, something in the mp 57 bracket perhaps

#9 slim16er

slim16er

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49202
  • Ebay ID:slim16er
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

I love these - I was real impressed with the distance on shots off the toe (that's my typical miss) - only a few yards.  I love the look, all they way to the PW.  For some reason I don't like the look of the PW. I hit it fine - just...I don't know - It's weird to look at.  A big 5 overall for me though.

#10 longball1x

longball1x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39820

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:44 AM

View Postslim16er, on Apr 7 2008, 03:14 PM, said:

I love these - I was real impressed with the distance on shots off the toe (that's my typical miss) - only a few yards.  I love the look, all they way to the PW.  For some reason I don't like the look of the PW. I hit it fine - just...I don't know - It's weird to look at.  A big 5 overall for me though.

Definitely agree with you here. The thin topline is gorgeous at address and the soles are just as nice. The PW looks different, but I will get over it for sure! :rolleyes:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Peety

Peety

Peety

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77939
  • Ebay ID:Peety0611

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

Hey everybody!  Been looking for some forged irons and I would really like to know how everbody feels about these.  I typically shoot somewhere in the range of low to mid 80s and occasionally in the mid 90s.  How do you think the CCI Forged would work for me.  I have a set of X-18 pro series now and I would like something forged with a thin top line. I have been looking at the Macgregor MT Pro C irons but i love the look of the CCI's.   I want something that is forgiving, has good feel, and not to pricey.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

#12 pinger13

pinger13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64248

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

I'm an 80's shooter as well and love these irons. They are fairly forgiving for the profile and feel great on center strikes. Picked up heads on eBay for 185 brand new. The satin finish is very nice as well. Defintely recommend!

#13 Peety

Peety

Peety

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

Thanks Pinger I appreciate it...... actually just bought a set so I am looking forward to hitting them!!!!!

#14 jaguar52

jaguar52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55446

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:53 PM

I have been trying the cci forged irons. Of the muscle back/cavity backed irons, I liked these the best. The forged irons feel great,but do sting with mishits especially on the toe.  The satin finish looks very good.  The long irons were easier to hit than any other set I tried. Although these irons are slightly weaker than other sets (PW 47 degrees), I still got the same distance. I tried the new Nike Victory irons both half and full cavity and didn't like them compared to the forged cci. Great clubs.

#15 Peety

Peety

Peety

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

what is your handicap Jaguar?

#16 bluetickkid33

bluetickkid33

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78670

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

i have the nike forged irons but i do wish i did not go forged.  The non forged ones have a wider sole.  but overall i love these irons

#17 Breaker999

Breaker999

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30417
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

Won 3 majors in the last 2 years: Cink (forged), Glover (forged), and Immelman (cast).  I never seriously considered Nike clubs, but I need to give them a try.  I do believe Nike will break out and dominate the market the coming decade.

#18 kdn333

kdn333

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89102
  • Ebay ID:kdn3339333

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:35 AM

I'm thinking of buying a set of these (4-AW, stiff) as I've found a local sporting goods store that has them on clearance for $299.00.  I need a spare set at my Mom's house so I don't have to travel with my AP2's and pay for all the extra oversize baggage fees and all the hassle traveling with golf clubs is.  My question is, do these clubs come in a forged version and cast version?  If so, I'm assuming the set they have for $299.00 is the cast version but how would I know?

#19 mister2cool

mister2cool

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

View Postkdn333, on Jul 22 2009, 12:35 PM, said:

I'm thinking of buying a set of these (4-AW, stiff) as I've found a local sporting goods store that has them on clearance for $299.00.  I need a spare set at my Mom's house so I don't have to travel with my AP2's and pay for all the extra oversize baggage fees and all the hassle traveling with golf clubs is.  My question is, do these clubs come in a forged version and cast version?  If so, I'm assuming the set they have for $299.00 is the cast version but how would I know?

CCi cast version has a shinny chrome finish and pretty wide sole. Forged version has tiny club face with satin finish. You won't mistake the two when you see them. If the name doesn't say forged, most likely it's cast version.

I have been using my CCi forged this season. Coming from the original Pro Combo, these clubs are even less forgiving and shaft is much stiffer than the SpeedStep. It took some getting use to, but now I love it. I am still able to get the very high ball flight as I did before without losing any distance.

What really surprised me is how tiny the sweet spot it. I mean I had a set of Ben Hogan blades before and they were easier to hit flush than these. In order to get that sweet striking sound, you really have to hit the center of the club face the size of a quarter. Having said that, I am also surprised by the forgiveness. some shots that were off center and sounded like absolute crap, still flew high and straight and got to roughly where I was aiming. The sound of a perfect strike is so sweet that it really makes you want to hit it pure every time.

I had compared these with AP1 and Burner TP. The face on CCi is so much thinner, especially the top line, than both of them, it really makes you feel like you are hitting with true blades.

I am a 6 handicap btw.

Edited by mister2cool, 11 August 2009 - 11:45 PM.

#20 soflahack

soflahack

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6127
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

a very good iron.  Had them in the bag all summer.  Feel is good, forgiveness is decent.  I find that is not as long as other irons I have hit, about one club shorter than most other irons I have owned.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 TexasBubba

TexasBubba

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48331

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Been using these for a couple years.  They worked great for rebuilding my swing and gaining back some confidence.  They are about to leave my bag, but its only because I found some old Pro Combos that are going into the bag for a while.

#22 Jonesey07

Jonesey07

Get in your home, ball!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135864
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

I have the slingshot 4D's, would it be an upgrade to go to these irons?

#23 endy

endy

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 166935
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Have the forged version shafted with x100's and they are extremely accurate. As many have said, you know when you hit a bad shot with these, but they are also quite forgiving. I am a natural sweeper and these have worked wonders for my game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors