Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

TaylorMade Burner TP

62 replies to this topic

Poll: TaylorMade Burner TP (144 member(s) have cast votes)

Make Your Opinion Count!

1. 5 (Best) (111 votes [77.08%])

Percentage of vote: 77.08%

2. 4 (18 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. 3 (9 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

4. 2 (3 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

5. 1 (3 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 shuttle1

shuttle1

All Clubs: Built by - "Goodsie"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58033
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

First, I am not a TM Fan.

I ended up with a Burner Plus Head that came from Taylormade Japan. I installed a GD Quattrotech MD-6 Shaft (S) in it.

Very very forgiving, not the longest Driver I've hit but still very close. If you want to hit the ball straight with forgiveness, this would be an excellent choice. The downside is it is very unworkable. It wants to go straight and that's what it does.

Driver is an excellent choice for the rec. Golfer.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 import49erz

import49erz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32185
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:27 AM

I picked up a used 9.5* about 6 months ago with the stock Graphite Design Superfast shaft. Flat out bombs the ball, feels like a rocket off the clubface. Haven't found a better driver to knock it out.

But i've notice one thing recently though, seems like im generating a lot of backspin on the ball. Get about 240-250 carry, but not much roll after it hits the ground. Anyone know why this is? me? club itself? shaft? I would like to know cause my friend's 10.5* 905r is out driving me cause he's getting a lot more roll.

#63 IL2AZ

IL2AZ

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221579
  • Ebay ID:woodrick123
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I still hit this driver today 8.5 degree with a Fuji 6W06 stiff straight in.  I have yet to find a driver that I hit more consistently.  It just seems that I square it up more than anything else I have hit.  I even hit a Ping Rapture V2 with stock BB the other day and my ball speed was 2-3 mph faster with the old Burner TP.  Can't justify spending the money for a new driver to gain little to no distance and maybe sacrifice some accuracy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors