Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

34" or 35" putter?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BoomBoomLarry

BoomBoomLarry

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32691
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

How do I know what length of putter I should be using? Currently using a 34", I am 5'11" my putting stance in between upright and conventional.... my main problem is I pull my putts.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 touch

touch

wedges are the most fun

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25409
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

I'm 5' 11 and like the 35 inch length deal. How long is your shirt sleeve length?
Mine is 33 and I have tried both 34 and 35. I like a bit of bend in my elbows, not straight down hang.

My help to you I hope.

Don't forget to drop a ball from the bridge of your nose (while at address with your putter) and see if your eyes are on the same line as your putting path ( directly above the ball), and make your dominant eye look directly at the back of the ball, focused exactly there untill the ball is gone during your stroke with a steady head. Should stop the dreaded lefties!

LP

#3 JYewMD

JYewMD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34014
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

I'm 5-11, and have been using several 35" Camerons and an Odyssey 2-ball with pretty inconsistent results. I recently picked up my mom-in-law's Ping, which was cut down to 31" and was putting out of my mind with it!

I'm now using a 32" and in the process of getting my last Cameron adjusted. Also getting a Studio Style Newport 2, 33/350. My putting has been SO much better (I hope it's not just a phase..)

You might consider shorter. Also, a mirror (like by Eyeline Golf) is helpful to align and make sure your
eyes are above the ball.

#4 oregongolf

oregongolf

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15806
GolfWRX Likes : 218

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

have you considered a putter fitting?

it's much more definite than the guess and check type of thing.

#5 idrive

idrive

gone golfin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31830
  • Ebay ID:golfer84770
GolfWRX Likes : 169

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

I really don't think your height means anything when it comes to the length of the Putter you use.

Take your stance over the ball, grip the club where it is comfortable. Your hands should be in the middle of the grip.  That's how long your Putter should be.

Manufactures make Putters 35" long so that they will fit in the bag.... up to you to make it the right length. Putters are no different than irons. How many off the rack irons fit you without adjustment??

#6 AirTime23

AirTime23

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19894

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

I'm 5'11'' and use a 33'' putter.
I think going shorter helps me more with my "square back square through" swing. I can stand more over the ball rocking my shoulders. If I were a gate motion putter I probably would use something longer.

#7 pitchmaster1224

pitchmaster1224

tour fittings since 1893

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 849
  • Ebay ID:pitchmaster1224

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

View PostBoomBoomLarry, on Jul 7 2007, 03:22 PM, said:

How do I know what length of putter I should be using? Currently using a 34", I am 5'11" my putting stance in between upright and conventional.... my main problem is I pull my putts.

You might want to bend your putter flat a degree or two

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors