by Rusty Cage | December 28, 2012
About Rusty CageFor the past two years, Rusty Cage has been a contributing writer for GolfWRX, one of the leading publications online for news, information and resources for the connected golfer. His articles have covered a broad spectrum of topics - equipment and apparel reviews, interviews with industry leaders, analysis of the pro game, and everything in between.
Rusty's path into golf has been an unusual one. He took up the game in his late thirties, as suggested by his wife, who thought it might be a good way for her husband to grow closer to her father. The plan worked out a little too well. As his attraction to the game grew, so did his desire to take up writing again after what amounted to 15-year hiatus from sports journalism dating back to college. In spite of spending over a dozen years working in the technology sector as a backend programmer in New York City, Rusty saw an opportunity with GolfWRX and ran with it.
A graduate from Boston University with a Bachelor's in journalism, Rusty's long term aspirations are to become one of the game's leading writers, rising to the standard set by modern-day legends like George Peper, Mark Frost and Dan Jenkins.
GolfWRX Writer of the Month: August 2014
Review: Tour Edge Exotics E8 and E8 Beta Fairway Woods
Pros: Top-notch stock shafts, ample forgiveness and impressive ball...
- Posted 24 hours ago
- 1Adams: Straight answers about equipment costs
- 2Bifurcation of USGA rules for golf balls
- 3Bubba Watson hits 3 iron in protest of long drive contest
- 4Adams Golf HQ to close, TaylorMade Golf sales in decline
- 5Chamblee, Nobilo get heated over Tiger’s swing changes
- 6In search of answers to improve pace of play
- 7Establishing better rules for pace of play
- 8Rory McIlroy WITB
- 9Hello Face Slots: TaylorMade RSi 1, RSi 2 and RSi TP irons
- 10Nike launches new Vapor iron line