- 2014 GolfWRX Holiday Gift GuidePosted 2 hours ago
- What you can learn from Tiger’s new coach, Chris ComoPosted 20 hours ago
by Rusty Cage | December 28, 2012
About Rusty CageFor the past two years, Rusty Cage has been a contributing writer for GolfWRX, one of the leading publications online for news, information and resources for the connected golfer. His articles have covered a broad spectrum of topics - equipment and apparel reviews, interviews with industry leaders, analysis of the pro game, and everything in between.
Rusty's path into golf has been an unusual one. He took up the game in his late thirties, as suggested by his wife, who thought it might be a good way for her husband to grow closer to her father. The plan worked out a little too well. As his attraction to the game grew, so did his desire to take up writing again after what amounted to 15-year hiatus from sports journalism dating back to college. In spite of spending over a dozen years working in the technology sector as a backend programmer in New York City, Rusty saw an opportunity with GolfWRX and ran with it.
A graduate from Boston University with a Bachelor's in journalism, Rusty's long term aspirations are to become one of the game's leading writers, rising to the standard set by modern-day legends like George Peper, Mark Frost and Dan Jenkins.
GolfWRX Writer of the Month: August 2014
Fairway Executive Podcast Interview
(During this interview I discuss how golf industry professionals can leverage emerging technologies to connect with their audience.)
- 1Patrick Reed’s homophobic slur is a big deal
- 2Bifurcation of USGA rules for golf balls
- 3In search of answers to improve pace of play
- 4Review: Ping G30 Driver
- 5Tiger says Jenkins went too far
- 6Hello Face Slots: TaylorMade RSi 1, RSi 2 and RSi TP irons
- 7Rory McIlroy WITB 2014
- 8PGA President Ted Bishop calls Poulter a “Lil Girl,” loses his job
- 9Titleist 915 Drivers, Fairway Woods and Hybrids
- 10Whose side are you on? Tiger? Jenkins?