Cleveland releases new wedges, irons, putters
Cleveland has release four new products for Fall 2012: the 588 RTX CB Wedges, the 588 Altitude Hybird-Iron set, the Classic Collection HB Putters and the T-Frame Belly putter.
Pictures of Cleveland new 588 RTX (or Rotex) CB wedge first surfaced at the BMW Championship, where they we in Vijay Singh’s bag. We later snapped these photos at the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospital for Children Open in early October.
Here’s a few key points about the new products from a Cleveland press release:
588 RTX CB Wedges
588 RTXTCB wedges combine the legendary performance of the original 588 wedge with added forgiveness and breakthrough ROTEX technology, Cleveland Golf’s most advanced spin technology ever. Features include:
- 16% Larger Grooves. Through more precise manufacturing, these U-Grooves are 16% larger than previous Tour Zip Grooves to promote cleaner contact and maximize spin on critical scoring shots.
- Rougher, More Durable Laser Milling. Advanced surface roughness technology is now more durable and dimensionally optimized for even more friction at impact.
- ROTEX Face Pattern. Directionally milled face pattern adds roughness and imparts maximum spin, especially on open- face wedge shots where impact tends to be closer to the toe.
- Wedge Cavity Back. An undercut cavity promotes perimeter weighting for more forgiveness on off-center hits.
- Reverse C Sole. Inspired by Cleveland Golf’s popular CG14 and CG16 wedges, this wide, constant-width sole combines heel and toe grinds to improve performance from bunkers and deep rough.
- 588 RTX CB wedges come in eight different lofts (46°-60°) with standard bounce in both Satin Chrome and Black Pearl finishes. Minimum advertised price (MAP) is $119.99. Women’s version is available.
- Full Hollow Construction. Advanced internal weighting adds forgiveness and promotes a lower, deeper center of gravity for optimal launch and effortless distance.
- Face Forged Technology. Every iron has a forged club face to enhance ball speed and feel.
- Bendable Hosel. To fit different swing types, the hosel on 588 Altitude irons can be bent up to 3° upright or 2° flat and the loft can be bent 2° weaker or stronger.
Classic Collection HB putters
Classic Collection HB putters offer exceptional performance at an exceptional value. All five models (#1, #3, #7, #10 and #6 Belly) combine traditional designs with softer, more responsive feel. Features include:
- Enhanced Feel. A new and improved Winn grip offers soft texture and responsive feedback. A slightly deeper CNC milling pattern on the face promotes a softer feel at impact for more control.
- Heel -Toe Weighting. This maximizes Moment of Inertia for minimal distance loss on off-center hits.
- Classic CollectionTM HB putters are available in four standard-length versions (#1, #3, #7, #10) with MAP of $89.99. Belly version is available in four different lengths – including a 39” Almost Belly – with MAP of $129.99. Women’s version of #10 model is available.
T-Frame Belly Putter
The T-Frame Belly putter features advanced T-Frame performance in the stability of a Belly model. The putter is designed with a high Moment of Inertia, as over 70 grams of weight have been redistributed to the rear of the putter for maximum forgiveness on off-center strikes. A dominant “T” on the crown makes alignment easy, and a precision milled face promotes soft, solid feel. The T-FrameTM Belly putter is available in four different lengths – including a 39” Almost Belly – with MAP of $149.99.