- PGA President Ted Bishop calls Poulter a “Lil Girl”Posted 3 hours ago
- What Should Be In Your Golf Fitness Program?Posted 3 hours ago
First look: ’13 Nike Method Core Weighted Putters
Take a look at Nike’s new line of Method Core putters for 2013 that add fixed weights that Nike says moves the center of gravity lower and a further distance from the putter face for a better roll. The weights also allow Nike to fine tune the weight of a putter for different lengths.
“Most people don’t realize that they are about three-tenths of an inch above the ground at impact,” Franklin said. “You need to keep the center of gravity of the putter as low as you can so that it never gets higher than the CG of the ball. This stops the putter from driving the ball down and creating backspin on the ball.”
The Method Core Weighted putters employ the same milled face and Polymetal Grooves that were used in previous Method Core models.
The putters will be available Nov. 1, 2012 in five different models, and carry an MSRP of $169.
- MC01w — Available in right-handed and left-handed models. Specs: 2 degrees of loft, 33, 34 and 35 inches
- MCO2w — Right-handed only. Specs: 2 degrees of loft, 33, 34 and 35 inches
- MC03w — Right-handed only. Specs: 2 degrees of loft, 33, 34 and 35 inches
- MCO4w – Right-handed only. Specs: 2 degrees of loft, 33, 34 and 35 inches
- MC11w – Right-handed only. Specs: 2 degrees of loft, 33, 34 and 35 inches
Check out the photos below, including pictures of the new Nike Method Concept Putter.