GolfWRX is live this week from the 2017 Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut. The course — it was designed in 1929 and has since been overhauled by Pete Dye, Bobby Weed, Howard Twitty and Roger Maltbie — will play as 6,841-yard par-70 for the event.
Headlining the field is Rory McIlroy, who’s currently ranked No. 3 in the Official World Golf Rankings, Jason Day (No. 4), Jordan Spieth (No. 6) and Justin Thomas (No. 12), who set the all-time major championship scoring record at last week’s U.S. Open by shooting nine-under par in one round.
Last year, Russell Knox outlasted a strong final-round charge by Jerry Kelly, who shot 64 on Sunday, to win his second-ever PGA Tour event. It was Jim Furyk who stole the show, however, by shooting a final-round 58, the lowest score in PGA Tour history.
Check out our photos from the 2017 Travelers Championship!
- 2017 Travelers Championship: Tues. Pt. 1
- 2017 Travelers Championship: Tues. Pt. 2
- 2017 Travelers Championship: Tues. Pt. 3
- 2017 Travelers Championship: Tues. Pt. 4
- Mackenzie Hughes’ Ping G400 driver
- Neil Johnson WITB
- Marc Leishman’s Shimado shafts in wedges
- Brett Coletta WITB