Attention, putter collectors, creative minds and golfers with deep pockets: Ping has a new custom-putter program called PLD1 (stands for Putting Lab Design) that may be right up your alley.
PLD1 allows golfers to customize a milled Ping putter, a concept that’s “inspired by the one-off, milled putters that Bubba and several of our tour players use,” according to the company.
On the PLD1 microsite, golfers have their say over the following design aspects:
- Dexterity (right- or left-handed)
- Alignment Aids (line vs. dot)
- Heel/toe bumper engravings (max 6 characters each bumper)
- “Ping” cavity color
- “Ping” hosel color
- Eyemark logo color
- Length (28-38 inches, standard is 35 inches)
- Loft (standard is 3 degrees, adjustable +/- 2 degrees)
- Lie (standard is 70 degrees, adjustable +/- 4 degrees)
- Grip (30+ options, including Ping, SuperStroke and Salty)
The putters, which will be handcrafted by Ping machinists, will sell for $600 plus tax, regardless of your custom selections. Each putter also comes with a PLD1 box and putter cover, as pictured above.
Visit puttinglab.ping.com to learn more.