New shafts are popping up all over the place. Out of Tour GolfWRX has spotted many and members in the forums have spotted more. Here is a recap of the latest from both camps.
1. New Matrix OZIK X3 Shaft- The skinny on the Matrix X3…
X3 is a nexgen version of the Xcon line, Designed for the same high launch and low spin ball flight as Xcon, but with a more stable tip. Introduced on the PGA Tour last week & 3 players put it in play immediately at the Byron Nelson. Still considered to be a proto shaft and is currently being tested on tour.
2. Neon Yellow Iron Shaft from Fujikura-
While these look like a brand new shaft from Fujikura they are a new paint on a proven product. Brian Cairns a PGA teaching professional at Fox Hills Golf in Michigan was spotted at the PGA Championship playing these bright yellow teasers.
3. New Diamana prototype shaft Rory won the PGA Championship with…
4. New Graphite Design Tour AD BB Shaft- The blue slightly lower spin version of Tigers shaft.
5. New Fujikura Fuel shaft- Fuel Orange comes in a 65, 75 & 85 gram shafts.
The weave in the shaft is designed to keep the face/toe from flaring open right before impact. Testing this shaft on Enso (http://www.fujikurag…m/fitting/enso/ )showed it was even more stable than the Motore Speeder VC 6.3 Tour Spec X at impact.
6. New Miyazaki- upgrade/updated version of the C Kua line